Die Casting Machine Operator I Job Description Sample
Production Supervisor Die Casting Facility
The Production Supervisor supervises shop employees in a new state of the art die casting manufacturing and processing environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage daily shift manufacturing assignments and post shift assignments visibly prior to shift start
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Work continuously to improve all work areas and contribute to the 7’s initiatives.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development, assist in making employment decisions, and resolves employee’s issues using a variety of problem resolutions techniques.
- Ensure full compliance with shop health and safety policies and performs accident investigations
- Cross-train employees to ensure production requirements can be met every day. This includes establishing and executing a manageable job rotation schedule for all reports
- Be visible on the production floor, to assist the production floor * Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Facilitate and remove obstacles to production as they arise
- Complete shift labor edits accurately on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and one to two years related experience: or two years of college and three to five years of progressively responsible related experiences: or Four years of high school and five to seven years of progressively responsible related experience: or a combination of education and experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic functions and components.
- Team Oriented.
- Self-starter initiative / Drive/ Eager to learn.
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Production Supervisor MUST have Previous Casting (Gravity or HPDC) Experience and the understanding of the casting process from education
- Experience in core making, heat treatment is considered a plus.
- Production Supervisor have the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- .Ability to work collaboratively with Engineering and Quality, and other co-workers to leverage their expertise to solve complex problems
- Production Supervisor must be able to prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within constraints of the position * Must be hands-on and have a personal drive to succeed
- Able to handle conflict resolution and other employee complaints in a timely and professional manner
- A Self- Starter with ability to work independently in fast pace deadline orientated environment and to establish strong team relationships
- Required work authorization:
- Flexibility to work 2nd or 3rd shift long term. Will work first shift.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, daily overtime and off shifts as needed.
Die Cast B Operator (3Rd Shift)
Die Cast B Operator
Starting Wage $14.50 per hour. There is a $2.00 per hour shift premium. Starting wage for 3rd shift woudl be $16.50 per hour.
To set up and operate a trim press in the timely production of parts consistent with established quality standards and plant schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities
Receives work assignment and clarifies any uncertainty about what is to be done.
Sets up the trim press and makes adjustments to minimize safety hazards and help achieve highest level of quality production possible. Assists with the set up of the die cast machine as needed.
Operates the trim press to produce quality- finished parts, which meet established standards.
Check first few pieces for general quality and monitors quality of parts regularly to minimize time consuming sorting, waste, and/or remelt.
Notifies leadperson and/or other qualified person of machine problems or recurring difficulties promptly.
Provides information to maintenance and the tool room to assist in diagnosing equipment or tooling problems.
Keeps accurate time and job records.
Maintains work area in a cleared and orderly condition using 5-S principles to minimize safety hazards and lost time accidents.
Follows established safety procedures and policies at all times.
Maintains a good attendance record.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible to perform his or her job functions in a manner that supports TriMark's mission, vision and values in order for the company to attain its strategic and growth goals.
Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
Skill to set up and operate hydraulic trim presses which can be learned on the job.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions or special instructions related to changes in procedures for die cast.
Ability to work cooperatively on a regular basis with other employees.
To determine general quality of finished die cast products.
To perform basic machine setup and adjustments as required.
To operate forklift and other machinery in a safe manner.
To provide assistance to new personnel as requested.
Must be available to work overtime and weekends as required to meet the company's business demands.
Exposure to hazards of machine operation and molten zinc. Some contact with oils, lubricants and coolant necessary for the operation of the die cast machines. The work area is damp and the temperature is above normal. The noise level exceeds 95db.
Uniform safety practices consist of safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, and other devices as required. This area requires normal or corrected vision, normal depth perception and peripheral vision of 180 degrees, and no color deficiency.
5% of time
50# or less
50# or more
75% or more
5% or less
20% or less
2 - 3 steps
Die Cast Operator
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Interacts with members of the Die Cast Department (machine operators, leads, and supervisor), Quality Control (inspectors and leads), Maintenance Department, and Tool Crib Attendants.
This position is responsible operating a numbers manual, semi-automatic, and automatic die casting machines which produce a variety of die cast parts. The operator will be responsible for the removal, installation, and operating of die cast dies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (70%) Operates all semi-automatic and automatic die casting machines as per approved die casting procedures. This includes starting machines, turning off machines, adjusting sprue fault, and starting robots.
- (10%) Performs hourly quality checks and must complete SPC form.
- (5%) Performs set-ups on any of the semi-automatic and automatic die casting machines.
- (5%) Performs repairs/ maintenance on any die casting machine in the department as required and upon authorization by the supervisor and/or lead. This involves repairing water leaks, replacing cutters, and changing nozzles.
- (5%) Change rings, pistons, goosenecks, and plum dies while working with 800* metal.
- (5%) Keeps and maintains good housekeeping in the department.
Education and Experience Profile
High School diploma or equivalent required .
One year of related machine operator experience preferred.
Good mechanical ability
Ability to work well under pressure
Ability to use basic hand tools
Basic understanding of hydraulics
Urgency: Does what can and should be done right now as quickly and effectively as possible. Uses a hands-on approach that quickly identifies and implements immediate, practical solutions to machine issues.
Attitude: Consistently demonstrates, inspires and takes pride in all that we do.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and non-climate controlled manufacturing facility.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Die Cutter Operator (Direct Hire)
Die Cutter Operator (Direct Hire)
Remedy Intelligent Staffing is currently aiding in a search for a direct-hire, full-time Die Cutter Operator. This is a B shift position, 2pm-10pm.
This position will work in a manufacturing facility in the Baldwinsville area.
The Die Cutter Operator sets up and operates a die cutter to process cartons to production and quality standards.
- Responsible for setup of press according to necessary specifications
- Monitor quality and make adjustments while press is running as required.
- Must know the proper rules such as cut, crease and perforation and their characteristics as far as thickness and hardness
- Validate setup of matrices and or counters as pertinent to job in progress and how they mount to press
- Complete understanding of how dies are made, know nicking patterns, how rubbering works, and different rubbers available to maximize efficiency in machine operation
- Communicate with departing shift to learn status of job in progress
- Performs quality checks as required
- Must follow all applicable procedures and make recommendations for system improvements as identified.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of any quality, production or resource issues.
- Responsible for operating within policies & procedures, and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures and SafeStart practices.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years of related experience and/or training;
- Ability to keep accurate records, including the completion of all required forms
- Ability to perform the accurate use of different measuring devices including tape measures, and all other applicable gauges.
Competitive pay and benefits package, which includes company-contributed medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, life insurance, company-paid disability, employee assistance program, FSA, vacation time and more.
To be considered, please respond to this ad with a copy of your resume attached.
Bobst Die Cutter Operator - 3Rd Shift
Do you want to work for a smart, international company that’s as committed to its employees and best practices as it is to its manufacturing processes? At Cartamundi, the world leader in the manufacturing of playing cards and board games, you’ll find a high performing, team-driven, family-centered culture.
We bring a love and passion into every game we manufacture for kids of all ages throughout the world. Our secret to success is a highly skilled, motivated workforce that believes in our company purpose: Sharing the Magic of Playing Together!
We offer competitive pay, excellent health benefits, and a great 401(K). Apply today and discover the magic of making a difference at Cartamundi!
As a 3rd Shift Bobst Die Cutter Operator your responsibilities will include:
- Setup and operation of all the standard Bobst presses.
- Loading and unloading pallets of material for the presses.
- Stripping waste and removing waste materials.
- Performing troubleshooting tasks, making all necessary adjustments to maintain quality of diecut materials and productivity of the die-cutting operation.
- Effectively preparing Make-Readies and changing tooling in standard Bobst presses. They can make effective machine and tooling adjustments in the Feeder, Platen and Stripping Station to register printed material.
- Recognizing defects on dies and strippers and taking appropriate action to ensure problems are corrected.
- Running the Aerator-Jogger and the Balers. This includes dumping loads, weighing and storing bales along with general troubleshooting and changing wire spools.
- Ensuring accurate production and quality record keeping and entering Goods Receipts quantities into SAP.
- Training new employees.
- Keeping general work area clean and performing Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) tasks.
- Understanding and following Die-cutting department quality work instructions .
To be successful in this position, we are seeking candidates who have:
- Preferred: 2 years in a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating manufacturing equipment a plus
Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities
This position is a member of Local 224 RWDSU
Candidates must be 18 years old to work for Cartamundi, East Longmeadow LLC
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent health benefits
- 401(k) Matching program and profit sharing
- International Company that is the world leader in the manufacturing of playing cards and board games
- High performing, Team-Driven, Family-Oriented Culture
Machine Operator Apprentice
Reports To: Supervisor and Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for all activities associated with running a Flexo or Rotary Die Cutter including: setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Sets up and runs the Load Former, feeding the machine
Reviews job tickets, print cards, and quality inspection paperwork with machine Captain
Sets up and operates the pre-feeder.
Reads job order and mounts specified rubber print plate and printing dies on cylinder.
Installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
Fills dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes.
Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
Cleans rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
May mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
Sets up rails, print, and die cut section on machinery accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
Inspects all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
Ensures all bolts for cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
Checks anilox rolls for damage.
Maximizes the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
Cross trains and assist Helpers, Stackers, and Bundlers with job duties on the machine.
Cross-train on other machines.
Completes necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data,
Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data. Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
Must be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
Switches duties with stacker as necessary.
Complies with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
Reports any issues to Supervisor.
Adherence to company policies, including its attendance is essential.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2-3 to years related experience and/or training. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment or similar industry experience preferred.
Boxes, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Product Development Associates are accountable for the production of a top quality plastic film in a safe, efficient and effective manner. They must be able to read and understand instructions well and make continuous efforts to improve the quality of the product. They must be job flexible and willing to work on different machines as needed and perform well in a customer driven, safety conscience organization. In addition, this person will assist the Berry team in achieving our vision of being the dominant supplier of value added films in the industry.
(Describe key responsibilities / accountabilities of the position)
Responsible for promoting safety awareness and keeping safety as a number one priority on a daily basis.
Responsible for conducting monthly safety audits.
Continuously pursues the establishment of a high participation work team environment.
Must know how to assist and operate all extrusion and secondary processes.
In general, know how to trouble shoot machine and analyze equipment to make corrective actions.
Distinguish between acceptable and non-conforming products.
Understand procedures for flush outs and change-overs.
Understand factory order and trial plan, and set up machine accordingly.
Must be able to change screens, clean dies and make die adjustments as needed.
Know the difference between raw materials and their uses.
Must be able to perform all required quality checks.
Must work with co-workers as a team member and be supportive of team decisions.
Support all other line teams and plant teams.
Participate in continuous improvement of operation.
Participate in an on-going effort to be cross-trained on each of the extrusion and secondary processes.
Make continuous effort to keep machine and area neat and clean.
Report all maintenance and safety issues immediately.
Assists with the implementation of new products and processes, and develop action plans for continuous process improvement.
Responsible for documenting the trail with all pertinent manufacturing conditions, testing results and costing analysis and ensuring that appropriate personnel are copied.
Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Working from secured platforms of up to 40 feet high.
Standing for extended periods of time.
Wear all personal safety equipment required by Company policy and follow all Company safety policies and procedures.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Must possess good communications skills, both written and oral.
Must possess a good working knowledge of the extrusion process and related processes.
Must seek to understand the effects of process changes on product quality.
Must understand process and equipment capabilities.
Must possess a working knowledge of statistical analysis used in process control (control charting techniques, process capability studies, etc.)
Must possess problem solving skills relating to raw materials and process ability of same.
Must possess working knowledge of test procedures and equipment used to test product quality.
Must demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong teamwork relationships.
Must have excellent attendance and safety record.
Must be able to travel to support product translation to other plant.
Investment Casting Operator I (615734)
Completes basic operations using such equipment as wax molds, soldering gun, cut off wheels and automated machinery. Adheres to safety guidelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities1.Assembles or prepares product and product components.
2.Completes well defined tasks with moderate supervision.
3.Monitors product quality and takes corrective action per established protocols.
4.Operates within well-defined operating procedures and department standards.
5.Visually inspects finished products for defects.
6.Communicates within a work cell to exchange information.
7.Performs operations to inspect or assemble parts, components, or finished product.
8.Maintains product quality and meets production standards.
9.Performs basic cleaning and maintenance on machines.
10.Completes documentation of operations and quantities completed.
11.Performs other tasks as directed by Management.
Expected Areas of Competence•Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Proficient use of thread gauges. Adds, subtracts, multiplies and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Minimal direct decision-making responsibility. Advises the Department Supervisor, or designee, of special concerns as they arise. Carries out detailed written or oral instructions. Deals with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situation
Education/Experience Requirements•Requires a high school education or equivalent and a minimum of six months experience in a foundry environment working in cutoff, snag or forming capacity.
- Prior inspection or manufacturing experience preferred.
Machine Operator 3 - 2Nd Shift (Island Lake, IL)
Full-time employment withbenefits, don't miss this opportunity!
The Caterpillar Global Power Systems Division,Oil & Gas, has an exciting opportunity for a Machine Operator 3, locatedin Island Lake, IL. In this position, you will ensure that parts are machined in a quality manner as needed according to the production schedule.
Job duties may include but are not limited to:
Working with the following machines: Trevisan, Intergex, lathes/Mills
Standing for extended periods of time including squatting, bending, lifting, twisting, pushing and pulling
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to follow routers
Proper part protection, stacking and packaging
Ability to use basic hand tools
Use and wear the proper safety equipment
Everyone is expected to manage themselves responsibly and act professionally at all times as well as demonstrate the ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment
Communicate clearly to supervisors and lead men while showing awareness of chain of command
Demonstrate the ability to use the intranet to follow Safety procedures as well as other shop policies and procedures including work instructions
Demonstrate the ability to recognize safe and unsafe procedures to avoid hazards
Must know how to properly stop the machine in case of emergency
Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy working environment including but not limited to the 5S program Prepare daily time sheets and other daily paper work accurately
Familiarize themselves with identifying and properly using the various measuring instruments including Go/No Go gages
Ability to read and identify tolerances on a blue print
Show the ability to perform simple shop math
Show the ability to differentiate good parts from bad parts including stamping
Familiarize themselves with different deburring techniques
Familiarize themselves with insert wear
Familiarize themselves with thread forms as well as tool nose radius
Must consistently meet or exceed daily productions standards while also maintaining safety and quality standards with minimal supervision
Familiarize themselves with the names and functions of the various tooling
Recognize and understand part numbers and show the ability to interpret work order steps
Show the ability to make offsets effectively to maintain tolerances
Show the ability to consistently and effectively run machines while maintaining quality and production standards with minimal supervision
Show the ability to recognize and change worn inserts
Demonstrate a better understanding of detailed blue prints including control plan prints and set up sheets
Begin to familiarize themselves with basic G and M codes
Understand the different machines axes and their functions
Proper loading and unloading of parts including towers/tables, 3 jaw chucks, indexable chucks and vises.
Ability to load and run parts on a CMM as needed.
Ability to understand and reset alarms for loaders including sensors as needed.
Understand and use tool life as needed.
Ability to indicate a part prior to machining as needed.
Must understand and become proficient with G and M codes
Familiarize themselves with and understand the function of canned cycles
Familiarize themselves with feeds and speeds understanding the cause and effects
Must understand the proper operation sequences in a given program
Must demonstrate a strong and thorough understanding of the machining processes
May require ability to set up gantry tables and towers
Ability to set up roll dies and etchers
Ability to rework parts to print
Must demonstrate the ability to start up and home out machines.
Experience working on Trevisans and Mazaks.
Ability to operate computerized equipment
Top Candidates Will Also Have
- Solid workhistory and willingness to successfully function in a team environment
This Job Description isintended as a general guide to the job duties for this position and is intendedfor the purpose of establishing the specific salary grade. It is not designedto contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities,duties and effort required of employees assigned to this job. At the discretion of management, thisdescription may be changed at anytime to address the evolving needs of theorganization. It is expressly notintended to be a comprehensive list of "essential job functions" as that termis defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Machine Operator - 2Nd Shift
Work Location: Shawnee, OK
Job Title: Machine Operator – 2nd Shift
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Rate: $21 an hour – W2
The Machine Operator supports manufacturing and engineering by producing production parts, new tools and fixtures, and/or development of manufacturing processes requiring grinding, lapping, or CNC equipment. The position is a role with a strong initial focus on process simplification and improvement and must be able to work autonomously and within a team. Key responsibilities/essential functions include: Development of processes and programs to produce production parts and tools Schedule and track workflow, materials, and resources through the machine shop to satisfy requirements Train Machinist I on the use of equipment Work with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GDT) to produce accurate parts and assemblies Utilize Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment to produce accurate parts in various quantities to meet development project needs Utilize precision measuring tools to ensure in-process or finished product matched specified tolerances Strong metrology background and ability to specify tools and machining processes to improve product or tool manufacturing capabilities Complete documentation for tracking of time and cost related to development activities Perform routine and/or corrective maintenance on machine shop equipment Develop maintenance procedure techniques Track shop equipment performances and adjust maintenance schedules for optimum efficiency of equipment Comply with EHS regulations and policies Lead teams and projects to drive improvements in processes and documentation Support new product development requirements by performing assigned work as needed
Hours: 2nd shift - Hours for 2nd shift are Monday thru Friday 3:30PM to Midnight.
High School Diploma/GED or local equivalent 7 or more years technical experience working in a machine shop, programming and operating CNC machines and other metal working equipment 2 years technical experience in CNC Machining and/or Tool and Die Journeyman card Ability to perform Machine Tool Math (including trigonometry) Ability to perform detail oriented work and complete projects on time Basic computer knowledge Ability to communicate, receive and understand instructions regarding duties to be performed.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
Weekly pay and service bonus plans
Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!