Die Cleaner Job Description Sample
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
Our Company offers:
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
Die Maker / Die Repair
Tier 1 automotive supplier is seeking an experienced Die Maker / Die Repair
- Maintain and repair current production
- New die construction
Candidates must have 5 years' experience with progressive dies, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Our manufacturing capabilities include; large metal stamping (600 ton), small and medium stamping (150 - 300 ton), resistant spot welding, robotic mig welding, tapping (in-die & off line), orbital peening (caulking), heat staking, riveting and intricate sub assemblies.
Our tool development capabilities include; progressive dies, checking fixtures, weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and dedicated machinery.
Tool And Die Maker/ Die Tryout
- Organize die build process with machinists and engineering.
- Inspect die and part produced, and assist in die tryout.
- Work in accordance with all company policies and procedures
- Work safely with regards to self and co-workers.
- Use all tool room equipment
- Mostly new build
We offer competitive wages and a full benefit package. Benefits include: Vacation, Holidays, Medical, Vision, 401K.
Die Setter - Punch Press/Progresive Die - Direct Hire
Job Title: Progressive Die Setter/ Punch Press Set-up/Operator
Location: Mundelein, IL
Hours: 2:30PM - 1AM
Compensation: 18+ BOE
• 70 year old precision metal fabrication and stamping manufacturer seeks an experienced Progressive Die Setter and Operator. Minimum of 40-50 hours per week as a full-time position.
• Set-up and operation of the press
• Setting up jobs in accordance with shop paper and/or press setup instructions
• Verification that setups are complete and safety measures are in place
• Inspection of cooler system with various support equipment
• Material Handling
• Reading and understanding inspection blue print for first piece approval and part print to make adjustments to equipment if needed
• Stopping production when known or suspected nonconforming conditions exist
• Must have excellent housekeeping skills and of shop safety at all times.
• Ability to make or exceed required rates and set up times
• Work with supervisor to improve set up process/ repairs and/or order supplies.
• Preferred High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience as die set up operator
• Experience and knowledge of various support equipment
• Must be able to work as a team member and not an individual
• Strong planning and organizational skills along with flexibility and the ability to make decisions
Essential Job Functions:
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• Dependable and punctual.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; bilingual Spanish is a plus.
Tool And Die Maker / Die Maintenance
Manufacturing company in San Antonio, Texas is looking to add a Tool & Die Maker to their Team. POSITION DESCRIPTION: •Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure and operation of die. •Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout, and assembly operations. •Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining by other workers. •Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications. •Lifts machined parts and positions them for assembly on worktable
Die Maintenance / Die Repair 1St Shift
Die Maintenance / Die Repair - 1st Shift
Superior Die, Tool & Machine Co. is a family-owned manufacturer of Stamping Dies, Sheet Metal Stampings and Machining services. We provide machining services throughout the Midwest for all types of machining work. We have two plants located in Columbus, Ohio servicing the automotive, agriculture and heavy truck industries. We have over 100-years of providing cost-effective solutions to our customers in our manufacturing operations.
We are currently seeking a Die Maintenance / Die Repair for our first (1st ) shift. Flexibility and the willingness to work overtime is a must.
- Makes trouble shooting press call to stamping department
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications,
- Metal finish flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Lifts die parts and positions them for assembly on worktable or surface plate.
- Spotting of dies to match
- Verifies dimensions, clearances and alignment of tooling and die.
- Records information performed on dies.
- Completes proper documentation (daily reports, work orders and other controlled documents); this may include tagging dies after changeover and tool repair.
- Fits and assembles Trim and Forms Steels and also sets punches to the lower.
- Connects wiring, Air and Lube lines to install electric and hydraulic components.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Trouble shoot dies and causes of defective parts during production and first piece process. Must be able to make die repairs in a timely manner.
- Able to make tooling production ready in regards to scrapfall, loading/unloading of tools, clamp-up, shut-height, etc.
- Able to work as a team member to contribute to the planning, scheduling and carrying out the die maintenance plan of action
- Other duties may be assigned
- Sharpen cutting sections as needed and reinstall and retime them if necessary.
- Check and tighten screws and dowels regularly.
- Wash and clean dies as needed
- Lubricate working components such as guide pins, slides and cams
- Monitors cycles and replaces springs before the end of their normal life expectancy.
- Inspects dies for cracks and broken sections
- Resurface die sections worn down as a result of normal use.
- Inspect items such as scrap ejectors, slug shoots and ejector pins to make sure they are not sticking
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more, visit our website at www.superior-dietool.com / Careers
Tool And Die Technician
New Top Manufacturing Company in WV!
Tool and Die Technician
($22/hour + Amazing Benefits + Relocation Package+ Tremedous Upward Growth and Stability)
Keys to Job
- Must have Automotive Manufacturing experience
- TIG Welding
- Have worked with Large Dies
- Journyman's Card or Associates Degree prefered or applicable experience.
Press Room Tool & Die Maker
Company Introduction Kamtek is part of Cosma International, a division of Magna International. We are the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments - North America, Europe, and Rest of World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems;
Tool And Die Maker
This position will be responsible for
This is a first shift position 6am-3:30pm M-F.
Tempco is currently seeking an energetic, experienced and self-motivated full-time Tool & Die Maker. This position is responsible for analyzing specifications, layout metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools. An ideal candidate will have high mechanical aptitude and experience with a variety of die jobs. All tooling is designed and detailed in a CAD environment.
• Works with Designers/CNC Operators/EDM Operator to plan manufacturing methods for tooling.
• Must have good working knowledge of how to read and interpret engineering prints and die designs, including a clear understanding of tolerance and GD&T.
• Must be a proficient operator of Bridgeport Mill/Surface Grinder/Lathe/Drill Press, etc.
• Responsible for organizing and executing tooling assembly. This typically involves grinding components to height or size, polishing forms where applicable, establishing timing in die, manually align and transfer cutting components, and adjusting forms for proper clearance.
• Responsible for heading up die tryout at punch press and makes required adjustments, develop parts and work with supervisor to implement improvements and/or document any changes in die design.
Skills and Experience
• Associates Degree or technical certificate in a related field preferred.
• 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Interested and qualified candidates, please apply via our website: www.tempcomfg.com
Tempco maintains a first shift (7-3:30, varies slightly by department) with a cohesive work environment. We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Apply today to join our team!
Tool & Die Associate
The Tool & Die Associate will work from drawings, specs, and directions provided by department leadership to safely build and repair molds, jigs, and other equipment to support plant operations.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF TRAINING & EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 4 years experience working in a machine shop or similar environment
- Other similar experience or relevant combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Journeyman Certificate
- Previous experience with die/mold repair
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interprets and works from drawings, specs, sketches, charts, tables, and as directed by supervision
- Build/repair injection molds, jigs, fixtures, materials, and other equipment
- Maintain work area in a neat, clean and safe condition
- Use manual and CNC milling machines, drill presses, grinders, EDM, EWC, lathes, machining centers, and other shop equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Cooperate with other departments to support internal/external customer needs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including all non-essential or non-major activities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job you may be asked to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift or carry component parts weighing up to 35 pounds and lift parts in excess of 35 pounds with a lift assist, use hands to handle or feel parts, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear, use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
Our lead in developing this automotive society comes from anticipating the needs of automakers and closely partnering with customers right from the start to develop state-of-the-art systems and products.
We’re going all out to design groundbreaking technology and components for the automotive industry, and beyond.
Each year, we invest about 9 percent of consolidated net sales back into R&D. And, DENSO consistently ranks at the top of the automotive industry for patents generated each year.
While leveraging our global expertise, we stay on track with regional needs to bring a competitive line-up of innovative technology that the industry has come to count on.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!