Die Cleaner Job Description Sample
Tool & Die Cleaner
To clean and inspect extrusion dies. This role involves correction, maintenance and continuous improvement of all extrusion dies. This position is integral to the success and development of new and existing products produced at the extrusion press
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
Clean extrusion dies according to Westech Procedures.
Assemble extrusion dies after cleaning.
Clean accessory pieces for extrusion dies.
Move cleaned extrusion dies to proper storage area.
Assist with hanging dies as needed.
Communicate wear and damage of die to supervisor.
Maintain safe and clean work environment.
Maintains administrative procedures for the duties of this position
Promotes a positive Company image at every opportunity
Comply with all Westech policies and procedures
Performs any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned
This role does not have direct or indirect supervision responsibilities of Westech or contract personnel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requires High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency with Windows based software (specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required
Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
Results oriented with the passion, initiative, and drive to achieve
Effective 2-way communication skills (verbal, written & listening)
Analytical & detail oriented
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to sustained loud noise (PPE is provided), moving mechanical parts, extremes of temperatures (cold in winter, heat/humidity in summer), and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, rarely to toxic or caustic chemicals; frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, and vibration.
Production Supervisor Die Casting Facility
The Production Supervisor supervises shop employees in a new state of the art die casting manufacturing and processing environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage daily shift manufacturing assignments and post shift assignments visibly prior to shift start
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Work continuously to improve all work areas and contribute to the 7’s initiatives.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development, assist in making employment decisions, and resolves employee’s issues using a variety of problem resolutions techniques.
- Ensure full compliance with shop health and safety policies and performs accident investigations
- Cross-train employees to ensure production requirements can be met every day. This includes establishing and executing a manageable job rotation schedule for all reports
- Be visible on the production floor, to assist the production floor * Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Facilitate and remove obstacles to production as they arise
- Complete shift labor edits accurately on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and one to two years related experience: or two years of college and three to five years of progressively responsible related experiences: or Four years of high school and five to seven years of progressively responsible related experience: or a combination of education and experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic functions and components.
- Team Oriented.
- Self-starter initiative / Drive/ Eager to learn.
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Production Supervisor MUST have Previous Casting (Gravity or HPDC) Experience and the understanding of the casting process from education
- Experience in core making, heat treatment is considered a plus.
- Production Supervisor have the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- .Ability to work collaboratively with Engineering and Quality, and other co-workers to leverage their expertise to solve complex problems
- Production Supervisor must be able to prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within constraints of the position * Must be hands-on and have a personal drive to succeed
- Able to handle conflict resolution and other employee complaints in a timely and professional manner
- A Self- Starter with ability to work independently in fast pace deadline orientated environment and to establish strong team relationships
- Required work authorization:
- Flexibility to work 2nd or 3rd shift long term. Will work first shift.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, daily overtime and off shifts as needed.
- Remove and install molds in plastic injection molding machines.
- Must pass a die setter test before offered the job..
- Adjust machine control settings to prescribed setup for the part.
- Shut down molding machines by performing proper lockout procedures, purging material, removing die from machine, etc.
- Complete required documentation such as tool change reports and production logs accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work toward continuous improvement of all mold change and machine set up procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Tool & Die
Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance, dimensional capability, making and continuous improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in an automotive stamping and robotic welding facility. •Fabrication of new and repair of replacement details for robotic weld cells, spot weld cells as well as assemble, build and maintain fixtures.
•Committed involvement with quality, cost savings, and continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements.
•Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate including but not limited to die setting as required.
•Must be a Team oriented player & work well with others.
•USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman’s Card preferred or extensive related experience.
•Minimum (2) years experience trouble shooting in a Production Stamping Plant a plus.
•MUST have experience relative to medium to large Tandem Line Dies or small to medium Transfer Dies or medium to large Progressive Dies required with experience relative to Transfer Dies & large Progressive Dies.
•Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a plus.
•Must be able to read detail prints & order perishable details such as pierce punches & buttons, gas springs, guide pins and bushings, etc.
•Must be willing to work any shift as Plant schedule and/or manpower requirements deem necessary.
•Must be willing to work overtime as required (including Sundays) to maintain all Plant functions relative to the Tool Room such as but not limited to Program Launch, die repairs, engineering change timing to customer dates/requirements, etc.
Tool & Die
- Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance, dimensional capability, making and continuous improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in an automotive stamping and robotic welding facility.
- Fabrication of new and repair of replacement details for robotic weld cells, spot weld cells as well as assemble, build and maintain fixtures.
- Committed involvement with quality, cost savings, and continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements.
- Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate including but not limited to die setting as required.
- Must be a Team oriented player & work well with others.
- USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman’s Card preferred or extensive related experience.
- Minimum (2) years experience trouble shooting in a Production Stamping Plant a plus.
- MUST have experience relative to medium to large Tandem Line Dies or small to medium Transfer Dies or medium to large Progressive Dies required with experience relative to Transfer Dies & large Progressive Dies.
- Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a plus.
- Must be able to read detail prints & order perishable details such as pierce punches & buttons, gas springs, guide pins and bushings, etc.
- Must be willing to work any shift as Plant schedule and/or manpower requirements deem necessary.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required (including Sundays) to maintain all Plant functions relative to the Tool Room such as but not limited to Program Launch, die repairs, engineering change timing to customer dates/requirements, etc.
Must have previous Die Setting experience to include:
- Ability to assemble or disassemble equipment and trouble-shoot the Mold changing process.
- Understanding of basic equipment set-up to include thread sizes and metrics.
- Set-up, pull Dies and prepare Presses for all capacities of production process.
- Perform product changes per established procedure.
- Set-up and check all auxiliary equipment as required.
- Understanding of product material melting point and purging method/temperature.
- Assist Process Tech with trouble-shooting Press operation.
Bottom line requirements:
1. Must have previous Die Setting experience in plastic injection molding?
2. Ability to assemble or disassemble equipment and trouble-shoot the Mold changing process?
3. Understanding of basic equipment set-up to include thread sizes and metrics?
Tool & Die Journeyman
- Takes into consideration the type of material, tolerances, choice of cutting tools, lubricants/coolants and machine tool feeds and speeds.
- May be required to measure and copy parts.
- May set-up, test and adjust tooling in production to obtain the correct specifications.
- Returns unused materials or supplies to the correct location.
- Communicates issues to Team Leader to ensure that organizational goals and objectives are met.
- Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies.
- Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members.
- Attends appropriate team meetings.
- As a member of the tool room team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc.
- Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues affecting cohesiveness.
- Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
- Provides technical and organizational leadership for respective tooling focus
- Assists with organizing and collaborating with Production to set tooling priorities
- Assists with Root Cause/Corrective Action efforts related to tooling or process issues
- Assists with Continuous Improvement efforts
|Educational Requirements||Experience Requirements|
|HS diploma or equivalent required. Completion of formal four year Tool & Die apprentice training program preferred.|
GD&T Training preferred.
|Technical Experience: 4 years tool & die experience preferred.|
Industry Experience: Previous deep drawn stamping experience preferred.
Stamping Die Project Manager
HIROTEC AMERICA is the world's leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufactures across the world. Currently, we are seeking to expand our Die Execution Business Unit.
The ideal candidate will hold the position of a Stamping Die Project Manager and will be responsible for reviewing project proposal and planning to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
The individual will be the primary customer contact and have technical expertise for overall project management, including but not limited to tool process, design buy-off, and build integration of the project. Throughout the life of project, candidate will confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required. Prepare project reports for management, client, or others. In addition, candidate will work to continually strive to improve Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Safety (QDCS). Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
The position requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years related experience. Strong knowledge of automotive industry (closures/BIW- OEM preferred) and strong computer skills-Microsoft Office Products, technical aptitude with problem solving skills. Exceptional interpersonal/ communication skills, and must possess strong organizational skills, teamwork and leadership skills. Ability to travel for service and installation, both nationally and internationally.
Excellent work environment and benefits await you!
Die Maintenance / Die Changeover 11:00 P.M. To 7:00 A.M.
Work Location : Kansas City, MO (Mfg Plant)
Functional Area : Manufacturing
Number of Openings : 1
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional opportunity.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
Location address: Blount International, Kansas City Manufacturing: 4840 East 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64127
The successful candidate will be responsible for the support of Press Operations, to maintain a safe workplace, and promote open communication between members of Blount Kansas City.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Perform Die Changeover and Die Maintenance
Interpret drawings and sketches related to forming and secondary operations
Assemble necessary components per documentation to strict, precision tolerances
Sharpen die sections and punches for press operations
Add shims as necessary
Verify correct die is used per customer specification, as outlined on work order
Perform visual inspection to ensure die / die cavities are clean and clear of debris
Perform visual inspection to ensure die is not damaged
Performance of Quality Inspections / Verification
Take measurements to an accuracy of .001, using precision measuring tools
Verify compliance with customer specifications
Visually check parts for conformance with quality specified characteristics
Identify and appropriately respond to nonconforming parts
Complete Die Set-up check sheets
Process set-up sheets
Provide support for Die Setters as workload allows
Train others as needed
High school diploma or nationally recognized regionally accredited equivalent required
Machine technology courses or related experience preferred
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Mechanical aptitude, writing, and basic math skills required
Minimum of one to two years of experience in manufacturing environment, preferably metal manufacturing environment
Machine operation experience preferred
Demonstrated proficiency in using precision measuring tools
Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning, customer focus, quality commitment and good relationship skills
Demonstration of a high degree of flexibility
Must be able to work effectively and communicate with others in a team environment
English fluency for safety, training and documentation purposes
Stable work history with good employment references
Excellent attendance record
Graveyard Shift: Sunday-Thursday 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Additional overtime may be necessary to support business needs, reasonable notice will be provided
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden ("FLAG"); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture ("FRAG"). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount's global manufacturing and distribution footprint includes manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Blount offers products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, TISCO®, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and Pentruder. For more information, visit www.blount.com.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!