Die Cutter Job Description Sample
Die Cutter Operator- All 3 Shifts
JOB SUMMARY: Set up and run Die Cutter equipment. Clean and maintain equipment. Also must be able to meet or surpass production and quality standards.
1. Set- up make ready’s accurately and efficiently.
2. Have sample approved by customer
3. Have all jobs signed off by supervisor before running
4. Run production product
5. Maintain QC pulls
6. Clean and maintain equipment.
7. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
8. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
9. Adhere to all SQF policy and procedures.
10. Understand and follow job ticket instructions.
- Organizes, directs temporary labor in working area as needed.
- Adhere to all QC Policies and Procedures.
- Accurate load tags
- Follow all GMP’s
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing, and in listening.
- Keep other production employees informed as to shift plans and progress.
- Proactive mind-set and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just-in-time pressures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful end result.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to effective function in pressure situations.
Working conditions are normal for a plant manufacturing packaging materials. Food safety practices are followed and upheld to the full extent. Work will involve lifting of raw materials, finished cases of product or even bags of refuse. You will be required to wear safety glasses during sanitation. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle objects or things, feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk, and hear.
- Ability to work in a normal packaging atmosphere and the situations that it may expose (noise, temperatures, etc.).
- Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable. Requires bending, lifting, reaching and stretching.
- May be required from time to time to lift weight up to 50 lbs.
- May be required from time to time to push/pull up to 250 lbs.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bobst Die Cutter
• We are seeking a skilled BOBST die cutter operator who can set up a cutter to cut variety of layouts while meeting production and quality goals.
• JOB Responsibilities :
• Maintain safe work habits and a safe working environment in the Die Cutting area and at all times.
• Assure that Standard Operating Procedures are followed through all processes of make ready, quality deliverables and general maintenance on the Die Cutting Machine.
• Serve as the leader of the team assigned to the set-up, operation and daily maintenance of the Die Cutter Machine.
• Oversee the operation of all components of the Die Cutting Machine, from feeding through delivery.
• Perform fine-tune adjustments during the course of production
• Work directly with leads, Supervisor, Department Manager on approvals and quality checks.
• Utilize communication skills with operators, Leads and supervision regarding the control of operation and quality of product on the Die Cutting Machine
• Maintain & control all documentation pertaining to the set-up, operation, quality control and maintenance of the Die Cutting machine
• Review work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
• Maintain excellent Housekeeping in the Die Cutting area
• Mentor, monitor and direct all helpers assigned to the Die Cutting Machine.
• Additional hours above regular scheduled shift may be possible to cover for absences or vacation days and to meet production needs
• JOB WILL INVOLVE THE ABILITY TO:
• Perform continuous standing and walking
• Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs. intermittently and up to 75lbs. rarely.
• Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
• Use hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push pull and fine manipulation.
• Work at and/or below shoulder level.
• High School Diploma/GED and Basic Computer Skills
• Ability to setup a Die Cutter to cut various types of layouts
• Ability to build spot sheet to cut various types of layouts at high speed
• Ability to setup stripping unit and blankers to obtain maximum amount of stripping at high speed
• Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are a must.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Ability to determine causes of operating errors and decide how to handle it
• Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions
• Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Die Cutter I
From stitching and binding to special coatings, embossing, intricate folds, die cutting, and 1-to-1 inkjet messaging, our Finishing team uses the industry's most advanced technology to transform ink on paper into finished pieces that grab consumers' attention and drive sales and readership for our customers.
Die Cutter Operator
Responsible for set up, operation, good quality and troubleshooting of roll-fed and sheet-fed die cutter machines
Verify docket information is correct and properly fill out paper work
Confirm rolls/loads to die cut match docket information
Confirm job docket contains and pallets WIP tickets
Make sure retains and folds are done correctly for every pallet dropped, grab hand full of each die position to visualize any cutting defect
Must be willing to work rotating day/night shifts and weekends (8-12 hours per shift)
Bobst Folder Gluer And/Or Bobst Die Cutter Operator
We are an independently owned and operated manufacturer of corrugated packaging and POP displays. We currently have an opening for a first and second shift folder gluer operator. This position will be responsible for all activities related to the
Bobst Folder Gluer.Folder Gluer
-Set up equipment and run efficiently
- Inspect raw material and finished product as well as printing and cutting dies
- Preventitive maintenance
- Adjustments to machine as necessary
- Recommend Improvements to management
Ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
-Specific knowledge related to the machine and it's capabilities, and safety requirements.
- Experience running specialty folder gluers (3 years).
- Ability to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
Bobst Die Cutter
• Set up and run Bobst Diecutter based on production schedule to include pre-make ready of job, setting up tooling and locking dies.
• Program Diecutter via Cube.
• May be necessary at times to assemble stripping units and blanking units.
• Pre-set tooling for locking dies, stripping unit and blanket unit.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
Experience / Education Requirements
-2 Years experience
Highschool or GED equivalent
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Large Format Digital Die Cutter
Large Format Digital Die Cutter
Tukaiz is a results-driven marketing services production company based in Franklin Park, IL. Founded in 1963, Tukaiz is a family-owned and operated company providing products and services to organizations nationwide. The infrastructure of Tukaiz includes services comprised of creative and advertising, software development, print production, inventory management and fulfillment services
Are you familiar with Microsoft Word & Excel?
If your answer is yes & you are looking for a new career, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are interested in learning and advancing in the field of Large Format Printing. 2nd shift & 3rd shift entry level Digital Die Cutter positions are immediately available. Tukaiz offers a competitive salary, benefits & 401k.
2nd & 3rd Shift Positions
- Ability to follow detailed procedures & learn established internal work flow system
- Must be able to multi-task, be very detail oriented & work in a fast paced environment
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Ability to work with a team of individuals & customers
- Must be able to work overtime & weekends as needed
- Must have High School Degree or equivalent
Tukaiz is centrally located in the Chicago land area with over 250,000 square feet and nearly 150 employees.
We dramatically improve speed to market
We enhance organizations abilities to implement relevant and timely communications
We provide production efficiencies that reduce costs and help businesses remain competitive
Flexo Folder Gluer/Rotary Die Cutter / Machine Operator
We are expanding our manufacturing capabilities and adding a 2nd shift. 4 day work week 10 hour days. 3 day weekends.....
We are seeking Machine Operators to join our team! You will perform operational activities in a corrugated manufacturing environment while ensuring excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the equipment
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous experience in corrugated plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Die Cutter Operator
Essential Functions and Duties:
Make complete set-ups by installing tooling and making necessary detailed machine adjustments to assure parts of excellent quality and in total conformance with specifications and customer requirements.
Inspect manufactured parts for quality and conformance.
Troubleshoot and conduct problem analysis of the forming and die-cutting processes.
Troubleshoot and conduct problem analysis, and power testing of production machinery and equipment; Making minor mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic repairs as needed.
Perform machine adjustments and fine-tuning to accomplish maximum running rates and minimum machine down time.
Communicate with packers regarding problems identified by them and respond to such problems with corrective actions.
Communicate machine and part problems to the next shift set-up persons and/or supervisor.
Function as a back-up to production supervisor when required by maintaining the production schedule, log books and effective communications within the production department and other departments.
Work in a safe manner. Follow all safety rules and practice safe lockout/tagout procedures
1-3 years experience w/min. of one year mechanical experience.
3+ years experience in paper board die cutting on platen die cutters for setup and operations.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience with the following:
Hand tools (drills, wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, utility knives, sockets and ratchets).
Measuring equipment such as a scale, a micrometer or a dial caliper.
Computer literate: to perform basic functions such as data entry and printing.
Self-motivated, mature professional with leadership qualities
Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
Machine Operator/Digital Die Cutter
Job Title: Machine Operator/Digital Die Cutter
Location: Chaska, MN
The machine operator/digital die cutter is responsible for setup and operation of a Zund digital cutter, waterjet or laser to written and/or verbal instructions. Work is generally concentrated on machine(s) and operations may be very repetitive. The operator will have a working knowledge of acceptable product quality, processes and procedures to ensure quality of work.
- Set-up, operate and monitor the machine process to assure quality product
- Monitor the production throughout the run for quality, including adjusting cutting depth, clean cuts, etc..
- Complete the job according to ticket specifications and product quality work, including overruns and production samples.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems.
- Communicate with other departments for resolution of mechanical problems, reporting of defective material, coordination of job preparations change overs and daily shift information.
- Accurate and timely production reporting.
- Ability to read blueprints and work instructions and maintain accurate records
- Comply with all safety rules.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and shop
- May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 Years of related manufacturing experience and 1 year digital cutting or CNC experience
- Math Background
- Epicor/ERP system experience preferred.
- Team player and strong communication skills
Die Cutter I - PKG
QuadPackaging is one of the country's fastest growing packaging companies, with state-of-the-art facilities in the United States, Latin America, Asia and Europe. QuadPackaging's customer-centric consultative approach focuses on innovation, quality and cost-effectiveness. Our revenue-generating solutions include high-end folding cartons, labels, inserts and custom packaging that make our customers' packages stand out on the retail shelf
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!