Die Cutter Job Description Sample
Bobst Folder Gluer And/Or Bobst Die Cutter Operator
We are an independently owned and operated manufacturer of corrugated packaging and POP displays. We currently have an opening for a first and second shift folder gluer operator. This position will be responsible for all activities related to the
Bobst Folder Gluer.Folder Gluer
-Set up equipment and run efficiently
- Inspect raw material and finished product as well as printing and cutting dies
- Preventitive maintenance
- Adjustments to machine as necessary
- Recommend Improvements to management
Ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
-Specific knowledge related to the machine and it's capabilities, and safety requirements.
- Experience running specialty folder gluers (3 years).
- Ability to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
Bobst Die Cutter
• Set up and run Bobst Diecutter based on production schedule to include pre-make ready of job, setting up tooling and locking dies.
• Program Diecutter via Cube.
• May be necessary at times to assemble stripping units and blanking units.
• Pre-set tooling for locking dies, stripping unit and blanket unit.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
Experience / Education Requirements
-2 Years experience
Highschool or GED equivalent
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Die Cutter Operator
Responsible for set up, operation, good quality and troubleshooting of roll-fed and sheet-fed die cutter machines
Verify docket information is correct and properly fill out paper work
Confirm rolls/loads to die cut match docket information
Confirm job docket contains and pallets WIP tickets
Make sure retains and folds are done correctly for every pallet dropped, grab hand full of each die position to visualize any cutting defect
Must be willing to work rotating day/night shifts and weekends (8-12 hours per shift)
Bobst Die Cutter
• We are seeking a skilled BOBST die cutter operator who can set up a cutter to cut variety of layouts while meeting production and quality goals.
• JOB Responsibilities :
• Maintain safe work habits and a safe working environment in the Die Cutting area and at all times.
• Assure that Standard Operating Procedures are followed through all processes of make ready, quality deliverables and general maintenance on the Die Cutting Machine.
• Serve as the leader of the team assigned to the set-up, operation and daily maintenance of the Die Cutter Machine.
• Oversee the operation of all components of the Die Cutting Machine, from feeding through delivery.
• Perform fine-tune adjustments during the course of production
• Work directly with leads, Supervisor, Department Manager on approvals and quality checks.
• Utilize communication skills with operators, Leads and supervision regarding the control of operation and quality of product on the Die Cutting Machine
• Maintain & control all documentation pertaining to the set-up, operation, quality control and maintenance of the Die Cutting machine
• Review work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
• Maintain excellent Housekeeping in the Die Cutting area
• Mentor, monitor and direct all helpers assigned to the Die Cutting Machine.
• Additional hours above regular scheduled shift may be possible to cover for absences or vacation days and to meet production needs
• JOB WILL INVOLVE THE ABILITY TO:
• Perform continuous standing and walking
• Lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, up to 50 lbs. intermittently and up to 75lbs. rarely.
• Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
• Use hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push pull and fine manipulation.
• Work at and/or below shoulder level.
• High School Diploma/GED and Basic Computer Skills
• Ability to setup a Die Cutter to cut various types of layouts
• Ability to build spot sheet to cut various types of layouts at high speed
• Ability to setup stripping unit and blankers to obtain maximum amount of stripping at high speed
• Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail and excellent communication skills are a must.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Ability to determine causes of operating errors and decide how to handle it
• Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions
• Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Die Cutter Operator- All 3 Shifts
JOB SUMMARY: Set up and run Die Cutter equipment. Clean and maintain equipment. Also must be able to meet or surpass production and quality standards.
1. Set- up make ready’s accurately and efficiently.
2. Have sample approved by customer
3. Have all jobs signed off by supervisor before running
4. Run production product
5. Maintain QC pulls
6. Clean and maintain equipment.
7. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
8. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
9. Adhere to all SQF policy and procedures.
10. Understand and follow job ticket instructions.
- Organizes, directs temporary labor in working area as needed.
- Adhere to all QC Policies and Procedures.
- Accurate load tags
- Follow all GMP’s
- Communicates effectively in speaking, writing, and in listening.
- Keep other production employees informed as to shift plans and progress.
- Proactive mind-set and flexibility are important as well as the ability to work under just-in-time pressures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Ability to take control of situations and follow them through to a successful end result.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and peers.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to effective function in pressure situations.
Working conditions are normal for a plant manufacturing packaging materials. Food safety practices are followed and upheld to the full extent. Work will involve lifting of raw materials, finished cases of product or even bags of refuse. You will be required to wear safety glasses during sanitation. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle objects or things, feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk, and hear.
- Ability to work in a normal packaging atmosphere and the situations that it may expose (noise, temperatures, etc.).
- Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable. Requires bending, lifting, reaching and stretching.
- May be required from time to time to lift weight up to 50 lbs.
- May be required from time to time to push/pull up to 250 lbs.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bindery Operator Die Cutter
Bindery Operator Die Cutter Tracking Code 36832 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product. Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment). Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments.
Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using handtools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer. Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment such as folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines.
Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided. Job Location Cudahy, Wisconsin, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Die Cutter I - PKG
QuadPackaging is one of the country’s fastest growing packaging companies, with state-of-the-art facilities in the United States, Latin America, Asia and Europe. QuadPackaging’s customer-centric consultative approach focuses on innovation, quality and cost-effectiveness. Our revenue-generating solutions include high-end folding cartons, labels, inserts and custom packaging that make our customers’ packages stand out on the retail shelf
Position Overview The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock. Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Follow all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as take actions that support team work, safety, contamination control, and efficiency
Follow the pre-production, make ready, and production run tasks.
Operate powered equipment
Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take off functions.
Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository.
Cross-train as assigned
Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations
Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Be able to perform work related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
Accurately read and use measuring devices
Experience with hand tools
Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting
Must be able to multi-task
Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions
Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
Must be able to work overtime
Experience with Bobst/Heidelberg Die Cut Machinery
Some supervisory experience a plus
Additional Company Information We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. Drug Free Workplace
This job includes running multiple different types of PAPER die cutters and other finishing machines. Cross training will be a part of this job, and everyday will be different. We operate various different die cutters from small letterpress to large format Bobst, and also straight line gluers, folders, and other finishing equipment.
Minimum of 3 years Die Cutting Experience.
Die cutter operator must have mechanical aptitude.
Die cutter operator must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
Must be able to stand for up to 8 hrs.
Must be a self starter.
$30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Die Cutter Machine Operator
Diecutter Machine Operator
Temp, Temp-to-Hire, Or Direct
Temp to perm
Shift WITH HOURS
2nd shift 3:00-11pm—M-F
Machine operator will have at 1 year experience in operating a Diecut Machine. Bobst cutter which is used in the corrugated industry. The candidate does not have to know this exact equipment but would be a plus if they do but must have diecut machine operator experience.
--Must be able to speak, read and write English
--Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
--Must know how to operate a diecut machine.
$14-$16 depending on experience.
known companies in and around New England. We place general and skilled
labor positions as well as management, administrative and everything in
between, bridging the gap between local business staffing needs and the
community's best talent.
What separates us from the rest?
We are so much more than a staffing firm! Wicked Staffing Solutions blends
over 30 years of extensive staffing experience with current and relevant
knowledge of technology, industry trends, up-to-date legal and safety
information and, -most importantly-enthusiasm, energy and pride in our
New England roots and industrial heritage!
Die Cutter Assistant
Die Cutter Assistant Die Cutter Assistant
Die Cutter, Prepress, Manufacturing, NCR PLEASE READ: This position has physical and work conditions that qualified individuals need to meet or exceed.
All applicants must fill out the "Skills-Questions" section of the application completely, including the written portion, prior to being presented to the client. All applicants must be legally authorized to wok in the United States without sponsorship If you are a Die Cutter Assistant with experience, please read on!
Work closely with and aid the Die Cutter Operator in continuously running the die cutter efficiently, safely, and within designated quality standards.
Successes of the Die Cutter Assistant are measured via the following key indicators: meeting and/or exceeding die cutter efficiency run rates maintaining a safe, clean, and well-organized work area handling job change-overs efficiently and as a team player stocking the work area sufficiently for the current and next shift completing and submitting paperwork timely and accurately Position
Ensure staging area properly stocked with current job needs as well as needs of jobs to be run next and throughout the shift Work as a team with Die Cutter Operator in set-up, run, and pre-press procedures, including but not limited to, moving finished loads to and from press, moving scrap out of press area, tooling for next operation(s), and providing all necessary supplies, rags, and chemicals to the Die Cutter Operator Maintain an organized die and tooling area for efficient retrieval and inventory of supplies Ensure quality standards are being adhered to, for example, checking side-guide marks and watching for stop tags and pulling non-conforming sheets Identify and inspect finished load according to company quality standards and notify pressman of any discrepancies (hickies, flagging, stop tags, side guides, registration) Complete and submit an NCR associated with nonconforming product Work closely and communication with 3rd Pressman in Printing Department to retrieve blank stock and proper use of the jogger Perform general area clean-up and housecleaning; remove scrap to Disposal Area on a timely basis and maintain a neat and organized die cutter area throughout the shift Exercise multi-tasking skills throughout the shift in an effort to achieve die cutter optimum run rates Utilize independent decision-making skills based on company procedures and gained printing industry knowledge Communicate with coworkers as needed and supervisor(s) to receive instructions and coordinate activities Follow other job-related instructions and perform other tasks as requested
What You Need for this Position Skills and
High School Diploma or GED required 1-2 years manufacturing experience preferred, but not required Capable to administer basic math skills and utilize basic measuring instruments Proficient with hand tools Good communication skillsverbal and written Physical
Lifting, carrying, overhead reaching, and handling 50-75 pounds regularly Lifting, carrying, overhead reaching, and handling 30-40 pounds occasionally Lifting, carrying, overhead reaching, and handling 75+ pounds rarely Pushing & pulling (w/ equipment assistance) 400-1500 pounds regularly Pushing & pulling (w/ equipment assistance) 1500+ rarely Standing & walking constantly Climbing & balancing minimally Hearing ability: ability to hear and interpret sounds to monitor machine variations; ability to identify and diagnose machine changes in order to take appropriate action Visual acuity: near acuity and accommodation is required for reading prints, gauges, and measuring/inspection instruments; successful completion of Ishahara Color Vision Testor some other test Working Conditions: Various noise levels from operating machinery and equipment Moving equipment and machine parts Fumes, dust, and mist Skin exposure to oils, inks, paints, and fluids So, if you are a Die Cutter Assistant with experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Die Cutter AssistantNY-SanbornWR1-1426328
Die Cutter Operator
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Die Cutter Operator - Foil Stamp - 2nd shift - Indianapolis, IN - copy 2020 Production Dr Indianapolis, Indiana, 46241 United States
GENERAL PURPOSE: Operate and run foil stamper to fill orders. Act as lead to machine helpers.: Operate and run foil stamper to fill orders. Act as lead to machine helpers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS::
Operates and runs Ijima foil stamper for value added cartons.
Makes ready machine to approvable standard with little to no supervision.
Calculates and determines the amount of foil needed for each job.
Determines make ready process for various substrates.
Starts up and runs at optimum efficiency levels.
Understands and operates at quality standards.
Knows, understands, and performs maintenance on machine.
Identifies, troubleshoots, and executes corrective action during production.
Develops and executes ideas for improvement to continually increase performance and quality of output.
Consistently maintains organization of dies and make ready supplies.
Leads, directs, and trains machine helpers. · Performs other job duties as assigned.Performs other job duties as assigned.
Minimum 3 years’ experience with make ready, running, and maintaining foil stamper.
Possess basic computer skills including email and word processing.
Ability to operate and understand a calculator.
Ability to read and understand job tickets.
Ability to read and understand tape measure.
Possess mechanical aptitude
Ability to identify and differentiate foil types.
Ability to identify and correct problems on machine/substrates.
Possess above average organizational skills.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Effective leadership skills.
Know and understand machine safety guidelines.
Must possess creative problem solving skills + Maintain a positive work environment including respectful communication with peers and clients
Must be able to maintain good attendance
Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. #IN #GD
What we offer: · Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence · Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities · An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential · A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Die Cutter Operator
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!