Die Finisher Job Description Sample
Die Maintenance Finisher - 2Nd & 3Rd Shift Openings - Not Day Shift
Are you an experienced TIG welder who is also good with hand tools? Do you have the ability to perform highly skilled grinding? If so, Ryobi Die Casting would love to talk with you!
We currently have 2nd and 3rd shift openings for a Die Maintenance Finisher. These are a direct hire position...no temp status!
You'll be working 8-hour shifts. In addition to your hourly pay rate you will receive an additional $0.65/hour shift premium.
We have some great benefit programs, including:
- Profit incentive plan which can pay you an additional 80 + hours annually
- On-site clinic (eligible for free use upon hire)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available within 90 days
- Tuition reimbursement program after 90 days employment
- Skilled trades Apprenticeship opportunities
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Good mechanical skills, with the ability to disassemble and reassemble mechanical equipment
- High level of skill in TIG, MIG and Arc welding
- Experience using mills, lathes, torches and grinders
- Knowledge of basic blue print reading and basic machining practices
- Familiarity with calipers and micrometers for dimensional inspections
- Experience with the use of oxygen acetylene torches
- Ability to lift 60 pounds occassionally
Performs highly skilled welding and grinding activities to repair and maintain dies. Assesses damage to dies and determines repairs needed. Sets up and operates required equipment, selects appropriate equipment to ensure no further damage to the die. Meets deadlines to perform quick repairs as well as welding on die breaks as needed. Grinds completed welding jobs to finish the repaired die to correct dimensions. Performs welding during die assembly to ensure die is assembled properly the first time through the machine. Reviews dies during disassembly and repairs any damage that may have occurred during the production process. Maintains a log of daily activities and records materials used.
- Plant conditions, including exposure to dirt, fumes, heat, noise and cleaning chemicals
- Frequent walking and standing
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 60 lbs.
- Regular kneeling, squatting or working in otherwise uncomfortable work positions
- Occasional climbing onto dies to perform maintenance activities
- Standing and bending for extended periods of time
Ryobi offers competitive wages, benefits, and career development opportunities. We are strongly committed to giving our team-members the opportunity to develop their skills and abilities through both internal and external training opportunities. Think you might be interested in a career at Ryobi? Go to our Ryobi Die Casting Career Page at http://ryobidiecasting.com for a complete list of current job opportunities.
SVS Group currently has several full time openings for Hand Finishers in the Tempe area. We have 1st, 2nd, & 3rd shifts available. These positions are full time temp- hire opportunities for one of our clients in the Aerospace industry.
- Ability to polish, clean, break edges and produce a matte finish on precision machined parts made of a variety of materials to specified requirements and tolerances.
- Deburr and handfinish parts as required by specifications by using established procedures, machines and tooling.
- Ability to use a wide variety of basic deburr and hand finish tools, both electric and pneumatic such as (right angle grinder, die grinder, orbital sanders and Foredom handfinish tools and equipment).
- Frequently perform work and inspection of precision parts.
- Perform rework assignments as required
- Ensure all parts paperwork and documentation is completed properly
- Enter all data as required
- Inspect finished work to required specification
- Must have minimum of 3 years of hand finishing/ deburring experience in either the Aeropspace or Semiconductor industry
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and instructions.
* Background check and drug screen required.
Remedy Intelligent Staffing is currently seeking Casting Finishers for a reputable company.
Location: Beaver Dam, WI
Hours are as follows: 6:00PM - 2:00AM Sunday night 3:30PM - 2:00AM Monday - Friday
- Ability to read and do simple math computation
- Mechanical aptitude
- Prior work in a production or process driven environment
- To clean, deburr, chip, die grind or otherwise process and inspect castings in preparation for shipping.
Primary Job Duties:
- Operate the necessary tools and or equipment to clean castings per customer specification.
- Process orders to assure production schedule and quality standards are met
- Read, initial and follow all shop-card instructions.
- Work with supervisory and management personnel to help identify and reduce incidents of scrap.
Wood Finisher | Cabinet Finisher
Are you looking to learn a skilled trade? How about an exciting career as a Wood Finisher? Apply today if you enjoy working towards a beautiful finished product!
O’Keefe Inc. located in River Falls, WI is a leading manufacturer of Architectural Woodworking and Custom Cabinetry products serving the commercial construction industry.
We are looking for a Painter/Wood Finisher with little to no experience. Cabinet finishing experience or auto body finishing experience is a PLUS.
Hours are Monday – Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm. Some overtime is required depending on work load.
- Sanding cabinetry before painting and in between each coat
- Spray and hand finishing of wood products
- Various stain application techniques
To learn more about this rewarding career apply today!
Die Finishing Specialist Leader
- Duties Help
Summary This position is located in the Plant Engineering
/Maintenance Division, West Point Mint, Manufacturing Department, United States Mint. The mission of the Mint is to serve the American people by manufacturing and distributing circulating, precious metal and collectible coins and national medals, and providing security over assets entrusted to us. Learn more about this agency
Responsibilities As a Die Finishing Specialist Leader you will
, * Lead Die Finishing Specialists by maintaining a current level of knowledge and answering questions of other employees on procedures, policies and standard practices.
Plans daily work schedules, determine priorities, and coordinate assignments concerning material and equipment.
Assign the immediate tasks to be performed by individual workers and work along with other workers as required, setting the pace and demonstrating work methods.
Ensure that needed plans, materials, and tools are available, and that needed stock is obtained from supply locations.
Work is performed independently and is responsible for recognizing common machine errors, identify defective tooling and various defects in dies.
Travel Required Not required
Supervisory status No
10 ### Who May Apply
This job is open to
… All candidates who are: (1)
Current United States Mint employees who are qualifying as Status Eligibles or currently serving on a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), (2) CTAP eligibles,
OR (3) Land Management employees eligible under Public Law 114-47. Questions? This job is open to 2 groups. * #### Job family (Series) 3401 Miscellaneous Machine Tool Work
- Requirements Help
Conditions of Employment
Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
Please refer to "Conditions of Employment." * Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Sits occasionally (up to 30% of the time). Stands frequently (up to 70% of the time). Walks frequently (up to 70% of the time). Lifts up to 10 lbs. from floor to knuckle height seldom (up to 10% of the time). Lifts up to 10 lbs. between knuckle and chest level frequently (up to 70% of the time). Lifts up to 20 lbs. from floor to knuckle height seldom (up to 10% of the time). Lifts up to 20 lbs. between knuckle and chest level frequently (up to 70% of the time). Lifts up to 30 lbs. from floor to knuckle height seldom (up to 10% of the time). Lifts up to 30 lbs. between knuckle and chest level frequently (up to 70% of the time). Lifts up to 40 lbs. between knuckle and chest level frequently (up to 70% of the time). Carries unilateral occasionally (up to 30% of the time). Carries bilateral frequently (up to 70% of the time). Pushes pulls up to 5 lbs. of force frequently (up to 70% of the time). Pushes pulls up to 10 lbs. of force seldom (up to 10% of the time). Pushes pulls greater than 10 lbs. of force seldom (up to 10% of the time). Climbs stairs occasionally (up to 30% of the time). Bends at waist seldom (up to 10% of the time). Twists at waist occasionally (up to 30% of the time). Crouches / squats seldom (up to 10% of the time). Reaches knees to shoulders occasionally (up to 30% of the time). Reaches above shoulders seldom (up to 10% of the time). Repetitive hand motion occurs seldom (up to 10% of the time). Pinch / grasps seldom (up to 10% of the time). Fine finger manipulation occurs seldom (up to 10% of the time). Ability to hear required seldom (up to 10% of the time). Ability to see required constantly (greater than 70% of the time).
AND You must show in your experience in the online application that you possess the knowledge, skill and abilities to perform the duties of the position. You must meet the screen-out element
Ability to Lead or Supervise, normally addressed at the beginning of the online questions. In addition, you must also obtain an average score of two (2) on all other elements for this position as addressed through the online question in order to be considered minimally qualified. The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service.
Qualifications You must meet the following requirements within
14 days of the closing date of this announcement.
We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
This is a bargaining unit position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: * A one year probationary period may be required.
Must successfully complete a background investigation.
Complete a Declaration for Federal Employmentto determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. * Shift Work: This facility operates on a 24 hour per day, three-shift basis, 5 days a week. Work schedules may vary and assignment to a specific shift cannot be guaranteed. The successful applicant must be available to work on all three shifts on a rotational basis.
May be required to wear safety clothing and/or equipment required by the position. This may include safety shoes, hard hats, hearing protection, gloves, masks, etc.
Pass a pre-employment physical examination. Read more
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above
. Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Ability to Lead or Supervise (Screenout), Operation of Machine Tools, Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic), Ability To Use Shop Drawings, Measurement and Layout and Knowledge of Materials. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. A subject matter expert may be used in the evaluation. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)) you must receive a score of 85.0 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority. To preview questions please click here. Read more
Background checks and security clearance
Security clearance Public Trust
- Background Investigation
- Required Documents Help
A complete application includes 1. A résumé, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible). All applicants are required to submit a résumé either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips. CURRENT FEDERAL EMPLOYEES -- Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment: * Submit a copy of your SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, which shows your current (or most recent) grade and competitive service status. (The “position occupied” block on the SF-50 should show a “1” and your “tenure” block should show a “1” or “2”.) Current US Mint employees are not required to submit an SF-50.
If you are currently on a Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), submit a copy of an SF-50 showing that. Also, you must submit a copy of your DD214 or other documentation showing dates of service and type of discharge and any other applicable documents such as SF-15, VA letters, etc.
Indicate on your application the highest permanent grade you have held; if this grade is different from your current grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing this grade. CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury Federal employee, click CTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits Help
Benefits A career with the U
.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Benefits for federal employees
Pay and leave Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply Help
How to Apply The United States Mint has partnered with the Treasury's Bureau of the Fiscal Service to provide certain personnel services to its organization
. Fiscal Service's responsibilities include advertising vacancies, accepting and handling applications, and extending job offers. The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m.
5:00 p.m. ET, Monday
Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date. The United States Mint provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
To begin, either click the “Create a New Account” button and follow the prompts to register or if you previously registered, click the "Apply Online" button and follow the prompts. You will be re-directed to The United States Mint's CareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN). Also, go to “My Account” to view and update your information, as necessary.
To complete, you must click the “Finish” button located at the bottom of the “Application Review” page. To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the
Application Status link and then select the
more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click
Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete. If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the USAJOBS Help Desk. Read more
Agency contact information
Applicant Call Center
304-480-7300 ##### Fax 000-000-0000 ##### Email email@example.com
Address United States Mint See
"How to Apply" Parkersburg, West Virginia United States Learn more about this agency
Next steps To check the status of your application for this position
, please follow these steps: 1. Login to your USAJOBS account, select the "Applications" section and click on the vacancy you would like to view and have already applied for. 2. Under "application status," click "additional application information" and you will be taken to the CareerConnector website where you can check your application status. The "additional application information" link may not be available if your application status says "Unavailable." This indicates that your application is not complete. If the "additional application information" link is not available and the vacancy is still open, you can click on the job announcement and "Update Application" to be taken back to the CareerConnector portion of the application. Read more
- Fair & Transparent
& Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race
, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants Read more
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate
. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/488323800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. Open & closing dates: 01/10/2018 to 01/24/2018 Salary: $29.65 to $34.64 per hour
Pay scale & grade:* WL 10 Work schedule: Full-Time
- Career/Career Conditional
- Appointment type:* Permanent
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Concrete Finisher Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
Mix substances or compounds needed for work activities
Monitor construction operations
Position construction forms or molds
Clean surfaces in preparation for work activities
Finish concrete surfaces
Apply sealants or other protective coatings
Inspect completed work to ensure proper installation
Build construction forms or molds
Break up rock, asphalt, or concrete Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
Must observe safety procedures and report any potentially unsafe conditions to management.
Respond quickly to follow carpenters or other skilled laborer’s directions.
Must follow policies and procedures and support UIG's Mission.
Experience in construction preferred. APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS: + 18 years of Age
Able to pass a Drug Test
Legally Eligible to Work in the US
Additional Requirements for Craft Workers: o Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required).o Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools).o May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).
Scott Bridge Company, Inc.'s roots date back to 1933 when Mr. I. J.
Scott (Jud) and two partners formed Scott Construction Company in Thomasville, Georgia, constructing many highways, airports, bridges, and dams in the Southeast. Mr. Scott left this firm in 1957 and formed his own company, The Scott Company, in Opelika, Alabama, his home.
The Scott Company incorporated in 1965 as Scott Bridge Company with I. J.
Scott and his son, I. J.
Also in 1965 Mr.
Gerard Swarthout came to the company, became company president, and retired in 1987. Scott Bridge Company has been a member of the Alabama Road Builders since 1947, and became known as a river bridge contractor, completing many projects on the Warrior, Alabama, Coosa, Tennessee, and Chattahoochee Rivers. Currently Mr. I. J.
Scott's grandsons, I. J.
Scott, III (Ike), President, William Scott, Vice President and David Scott, Board Member, own and continue to further the principles and traditions of their father and grandfather before them. Position Summary This position is accountable for providing Concrete Finishing and support at project or yard locations for the Company.
They are responsible for performing a variety of basic physical tasks under the direction of Supervisory, Skilled or Semi-skilled personnel. Typically, they work under close supervision of the Foreman and other skilled craft workers. Responsibilities • Works as assigned by the Foreman to ensure the successful completion of ongoing or new construction projects.• Preforms concrete finishing, forming, pouring, and stripping of concrete forms.• Cleans and prepares concrete forms for scheduled concrete pours.• Lifts, carries and holds building materials, tools and supplies. • Cleans tools, equipment, materials and work areas.• Mixes, pours and spreads concrete, asphalt, gravel and other materials using hand tools.• Performs a variety of routine, non-machine tasks such as removing/ cleaning concrete forms, filling expansion joints, rigging/ sorting/ cleaning jobsite materials, cleaning up project site, and various other non-skilled tasks.• Spends time working on one job or may be transferred from task to task as project progresses to completion.• Performs other tasks as may be assigned.• Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations.
Requirements Prior construction or field experience is preferred but not required. However, the incumbent must:1. Be able to communicate effectively and work well with other employees.2.
Be able to understand and follow specific directions from supervision.3. Be able to submit to and successfully complete any specific safety or job training that may be required by the customer, the job and/or the contract with client.4. Have the ability to work with close supervision and be capable of repeating tasks of short duration according to established operating procedures and work practices. 5.
Be capable of working within standards of accuracy as dictated by the customer. Benefits
Health and Dental Insurance + 401k Plan
Group Life Insurance Offered
Supplemental Insurance and Cafeteria Plans
Company Sponsored training offered regularly
Vacation and Sick Pay
Product Finisher (Temporary)
Company Overview Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Inspects parts through a microscope to identify and elimate burrs and minor defects on machined stainless steel and plastic parts using various hand and small power tools
Cleans parts using an automated water wash cleaner
Other duties as assigned
Good hand dexterity to use small deburring tools
Strong mechanical aptitude
Ability to read engineering part drawings
Ability to follow written work instructions
Team oriented Requisition Post Information : Posted Date* 1/10/2018
Company NameTeledyne Scientific Systems Inc
Shift1st Shift - DayCitizenship/Visa RequirementUS Citizen/Perm Resident/ Other US PersonInternal Code (for CareerBuilder)#CB#
Establishes finish grade during the pour of the slabs. Performs the concrete placement and finish to include placing, finishing, curing, and cutting of concrete slabs. Patching and repairing of concrete work, concrete restoration and concrete joint treatments.
Applications of floor toppings. Ensures floor finishes meet project requirements consistent with FF/FL terminology. Proficient in the use of the following tools and has the knowledge to use the equipment at the proper time of the place-finishing sequence: straight edges to establish grade, bull floats, mops and Highway Straight Edges, float blades, combo blades, and finish blades.
Hand tools for floor finishing, edging, joint tooling. Single and double trowel machines. Curing, pump and vibratory equipment.
Walk-behind trowels and double riders. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all tools and equipment required. Ensures proper maintenance of place/finish equipment and tools.
Work Environment: Work involves exposure to outside weather conditions and dirt, dust, fumes, and/or loud noises. Ensures a Safe Work Environment Participates in Training/Certifications
High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years’ related experience and/or training
Ability to read, understand and complete job related documents and forms
Know the abbreviated and common construction terms for the equipment and materials used
Ability to calculate mathematical figures such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to deal with problems involving specific variables in standardized situations
Ability to kneel, stoop, crouch, balance, climb, crawl and pull
Must have the ability to exert heavy physical effort, handing average weight objects up to 50 pounds Must be US Citizen Must have transportation EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Requisition ID: 2721 Baker Concrete Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation for any or part of the application process may make their requests known by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-800-539-3935 and ask for HR.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!