Die Maker Job Description Sample
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Die Maker / Die Repair
Tier 1 automotive supplier is seeking an experienced Die Maker / Die Repair
- Maintain and repair current production
- New die construction
Candidates must have 5 years' experience with progressive dies, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Our manufacturing capabilities include; large metal stamping (600 ton), small and medium stamping (150 - 300 ton), resistant spot welding, robotic mig welding, tapping (in-die & off line), orbital peening (caulking), heat staking, riveting and intricate sub assemblies.
Our tool development capabilities include; progressive dies, checking fixtures, weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and dedicated machinery.
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
The Tool Room:
• Is hiring due to GROWTH and new projects coming from many industries
• HAS OVERTIME
• HAS ADDED NEW TOOL ROOM EQUIPMENT
Our Company offers:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Full Time, O.T., 1st /2nd shift
• Group Health Care
• Paid Holidays, Vacation, 401(k) and Company Stock
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
• Die building or die repair experience with progressive metal stamping dies.
• Troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair dies.
• Hands-on experience or Apprenticeship completion.
• CNC / VMC / Wire EDM exp in a tool room or training/schooling.
Visit us at die-matic.com
Tool & Die Maker
Due to vast growth Anchor Manufacturing Group, Inc. is currently seeking Tool & Die Repairmen for our 2nd & 3rd shifts with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- In press trouble shooting skills, Die protection, Preventative Maintenance, Continuous improvements on transfer, progressive & single hit dies
- Must have own tools.
Capable of building and assembling all sizes of progressive and single station dies for the auto and appliance industries.
Be capable of trouble shooting new and used tools along with skills to develop, try out and debug new tooling to become production ready.
Must demonstrate the ability to work independently on a daily basis
- Top pay for qualified applicants - generous premium for 2nd & 3rd shifts.
We offer a rich Health Insurance Program, Prescription, Dental, Life and Short Term Disability Insurance. A comprehensive Wellness Program is available and participation is encouraged. Anchor also offers a 401K program, along with a company match. We believe strongly in the development of our employees, therefore a Tuition Assistance Program is available.
Please send resume to: HRMail@anchor-mfg.com
Tool AND DIE Maker (3716)
PLEASE PROVIDE A COMPLETED RESUME
Tool & Die Maker
The Tool & Die Maker receives daily direction from the Engineering and Production Supervisor. The Tool Maker is responsible for making fixtures, repairing and set up dies and making tooling needed for daily production.
The Tool Maker must be experienced with a variety of machining lathes, bridge ports, surface grinder and jib bores.
Contribute to the efforts of the team in the assigned group to meet the daily goals in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity.
Contribute to efforts to maintain zero lost time accidents, both in the area and throughout the plant.
Drive and support efforts to maintain good housekeeping practices in both the assigned group and throughout the facility.
Be able to think outside the box and work without regular supervision.
Some experience in CNC machining, need to learn wire EDM.
Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications, blueprints and drawings, and perform good math calculations easily. Strong ability to read blue prints.
Must be familiar and comfortable with lathes, bridge ports and surface grinders.
Must have strong general mechanical skills.
Familiar with the use of micrometers, snap gauges or other tools for dimensional evaluation.
Knowledge in the following areas: assembly, machining, ability to read and understand drawings, quality control and safety.
Experience in working with a team in a diverse manufacturing environment. Three years’ experience preferred but will consider other applicants.
Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills are required.
Must be able to walk and stand throughout an eight hour shift.
Must be able to consistently lift 25 lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique.
Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts.
Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity.
Strong math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide.
By understanding that staffing, training and retention are parts of an entire integral process, we have found great success in not just helping client and job candidates successfully grow their businesses or careers, but also in establishing long-term working relationships.
Confidential Retained Search
We are unable to work with anyone needing sponsorship now or in the future.
Tool And Die Maker
Interpret highly technical electronic and written blueprints, models, and specifications to produce tools, dies, progressive dies, and special devices used on manufacturing machines to mass-produce metal parts, primarily in metal stamping. Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools.
This is a 1st shift position 7:00AM-5:30PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM-12:00PM Saturdays.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Set up and operate various machine tools to make or repair; tools, dies, fixtures, jigs, and gauges.
File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
Setup and operate grinders, drills, mills, lathes and various hand tools.
Check and inspect die for wear and maintenance issues. Evaluate problems and implement solutions to resolve issues.
Operate overhead crane, jib crane, die lifter and related material handling equipment to lift, move, and position, and secure dies in presses or onto worktables.
Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Role that this position reports to:
Tool Room Supervisor
High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of experience as a Tool and Die Maker.
High degree of accuracy
Advanced math skills including calculation of feeds, speeds and distances, print conversion and geometry.
Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
Proficiency with a variety of measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.).
- Good communication skills including the ability to receive and give oral and written instruction.
- Organizational skills to optimize output by planning and scheduling time and work.
Tool And Die Maker - 2Nd Shift
Journeyman, sheet metal tool and die maker, with 8 years or more experience or journeyman’s card. Must have experience in progressive dies, preventative maintenance as well as new builds.
Maintains die tools including the making of new components, modification of existing and basic shim and sharpening.
Diagnoses malfunctioning tooling and promotes ideas to improve existing tooling.
Tests tool design changes and new tooling
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum 3-5 years tool maintenance and build experience preferably in a Press Room environment.
• Must be able to Arc, MIG and TIG weld.
• Must be able to read blue prints and machine schematics.
• Must be able to work any shift
• Must be able to work weekday and weekend overtime.
Our employees are our most important asset, therefore we offer a wide range of benefits, including, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and Profit Sharing, as well as, vacation time and accrued PTO.
We are seeking energetic and motivated candidates who enjoy being in a fast-paced, team oriented, and hands on work environment.
Tool And Die Maker
Rapid Tooling Systems is searching for an Experienced Tool and Die Maker. Responsibilities include coordinating all departments required to produce a die to the specifications / designs provided in a manner consistent with their training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead die construction and tryout.
- Maintain appropriate tools.
- Follow all safety rules and report unsafe work conditions to management.
- Keep current on tool calibration.
- Training of apprentices.
- Keep work area clean.
- Candidate must be willing to work nights, come in early and stay late as needed.
- Regular attendance at work during scheduled work hours.
- Employees may be requested to perform other job functions as required.
- Carry out ISO 9001-2008 requirements.
Skills, Knowledge, and
- Candidate must have successfully completed an apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Candidate must have high school or equivalent education.
- Candidate must have valid driver’s license.
HTS's staff is made up of a core group of people with experience in the hot stamping industry for over 15years, the experience ranges from hot stamp die manufacturing, hot stamp production management, automation, press line launches and Hot Stamp R&D.
Jewelry Tool And Die Maker
Jewelry Tool and Die Maker
The duties are as follows:
· Able to build and repair earring tool and transfer tooling
· Experience in hand made work for complex special orders
· Able to work with platinum and gold
· Able to make high quality handmade settings, handmade claps and intricate pieces
· Accept direction and instruction with a good positive attitude
· Four slide work is a plus
· Previous experience is required
The salary is up to $20.00 an hour based on experience
Apprentice Tool & Die Maker
Apprentice Tool & Die Maker (Haltom City)
We will train you on Mastercam and Solidworks!!! Some experience on CAM is helpful.
A Tool & Die Apprentice at National Door should have good experience on mills and learn to set up, program, and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling and routing machines, and grinders. Their purpose is to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces by performing the necessary steps according to drawings provided by the company's engineering department, or by their own development. Machinists are required to have sufficient experience or familiarity with the programs and equipment used by National Door to use them or to allow for easy training.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains continuity among co-working departments by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Familiarity with programming and using : Solidworks, AutoCAD, Mastercam
- Multicam and Fagor controlled mills and routing machines considered a plus.
- Required to use band saws, grinders, sanders, and buffers.
Vocational Training or experience preferred but will consider equivalent work or expertise. Must be familiar and comfortable with a variety of different machine tool types. Able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: Safe operation of machinery by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Create high quality thermoforming molds, extrusion dies, fixtures or other parts/equipment by machining of metallic and non-metallic material. Familiarity with machining operations such as milling, drilling, knurling, threading, grinding is also required. Must be able to read and understand drawings or sketches;
CNC operation is beneficial but is NOT required. Will train on Mastercam, Solidworks etc.
Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, algebra) are required.
Must be able to stand and walk throughout work day. Must be able to consistently lift 60 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique. Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts. Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity.
- Download and employment application at http://jobs.natdoor.com
- The form may be completed and saved onto your computer.
- COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FULLY! Incomplete applications will not be reviewed!
- Resumes without an application will not be reviewed.
- Email the application and your resume to email@example.com
- You may also fax applications to the fax number listed on the employment page.
National Door participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!