Die Maker Job Description Sample
Tool & Die Maker Die Casting
To maintain and troubleshoot dies in-house to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products. Also responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
1)Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2)Understand and promote companies.
3)Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity
4)Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
5)Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date.
6)Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
7)Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments.
8)Troubleshoots for problems during production.
9)Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
10)Tryout of new die sets and tooling.
11)Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
12)Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
13)Sound understanding and knowledge of Die Casting Operations and Quality procedures
14)Assist in determining spare parts requirements
15)Maintain accurate documentation
16) Train operators and new employees
17) Recommend modifications to existing equipment
18) Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments
19) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
20) Ensure quality product and know quality procedures
21) Perform die changes
22) Perform troubleshoot of tooling (in or out of the presses)
23) Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
24) Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures
25) Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
26) Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility
OTHER: Journeyman certification is preferred: general knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding, but not required; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
Minimum of 4 years experience - Tool & Die background in a manufacturing environment; journeyman experience preferred, job shop, hands on; Die Casting background. Welding experience, die construction, basic machining (milling, grinding, turning), sharpening cutting edges, reworking form steels, tig welding, mig welding, arc weld
Skills and Competencies
•Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools
•Ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
•Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills
•Ability to problem solve and troubleshooting in Press
•Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
•Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
•Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
•Trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
•Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed
•Must possess knowledge of casting processes
•Willingness to adapt to change and learn
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Machinist/Tool & Die Repair/Tool & Die Maker - Aberdeen, MD Job
. Job Responsibilities: * Safely perform maintenance on equipment used in manufacturing steel products, as well as various auxiliary plant equipment, buildings and/or grounds.
Primarily responsible for maintaining continuous operation of rollform machines, presses, and packaging equipment; make appropriate machine adjustments and repairs in a timely manner.
Perform all work in a safe manner; utilize all safety equipment necessary for work to be performed including proper lock-out procedures, machine guarding, etc.
Perform visual quality inspections of parts and address issues/areas of improvement; recognize issues and take proper corrective actions needing little supervision.
Perform preventive maintenance and inspections of presses, air compressors, packaging equipment, glue machines, stamping presses, roll formers, etc.
Able to diagnose and repair issues with basic electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls systems.
Work from detail prints, schematics, samples, drawings, and/or verbal instructions.
Able to function as team member or leader and communicate with all levels of operation.
Safely utilize measuring equipment like electrical meters, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators.
Basic computer skills to accurately report maintenance work, parts used, and OSHA inspections using a computerized maintenance software program.
Operate various types of Mobile Equipment (Forklifts, Scissor Lifts, etc.) * Safely utilize hand tools and basic machine shop equipment band saw, drill press, pipe threader, cut-off saw, and other various tools.
Welding and part fabrication skills is a plus.
Assist in training with new employees and production team to make appropriate adjustments and replace certain tooling and machine parts. /Positions are on the off shifts/Job
* 3+ years of relevant work experience
Vocational, Community College, or Apprenticeship training
Ability to work to close tolerances
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Exposure to AutoCAD a plus .
Equal Opportunity Employer: *AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Tool And Die Maker
A TOOL AND DIE MAKER job in PHOENIX, AZ is available through Belcan. In this role you will be responsible for building new, repairing, rebuilding all types of production and service dies. Repairing or manufacturing machine parts to offset cost of machine maintenance.
To be considered for this role, you will have 10+ years of experience in a tool room, aerospace preferred; 5+ years as a Journeyman Tool and Die Maker, HS Diploma or GED, and be a US Citizen or Perm Resident. This is a SECOND SHIFT position. Job Duties : • Reads and interprets blueprints to plan setup and operation of all types of machine shop equipment and machine tools, Uses full range of precision measuring and gauging tooling to perform inspection before start of job. • Performs repair, rebuilding or overhaul work of manufacturing or service dies and tooling from blueprints, company manufacturing manuals, written or verbal instructions, Make repair parts if not commercially available. • Plans setup and operates typical machine shop tools, producing parts to tolerances and company specifications.
Uses typical machinists hand tools. • Requisitions parts and materials needed, Assure capable tooling is available on time for production, Support production on tooling related problems in a timely fashion • Identify problems and recommend improvements to tooling to Engineering
• + 10 years’ experience in a tool room, some of which should be in aerospace. • +5 years as a Journeyman Toolmaker through qualified apprenticeship program • Experience with EDM, CNC Lathes/HMC/VMC a plus; Knowledge of CAD a plus. • Complete set of personal tools required. • HS Diploma or GED; AND US Citizen or Perm Resident If you are interested in this TOOL AND DIE MAKER job in PHOENIX, AZ, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity.
Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Phoenix , AZ Minimum Experience (yrs): Required Education: Not Specified Benefits: Return to search results Email this job to a friend If you have previously registered with us, please
Log into apply for this position. *Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart
Mold Repair/Tool And Die Maker
Job Description: Summary Job Description Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Broken Bow Additional Locations Work Shift12 Hour Day Shift 5am-530 pm (United States of America) Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Tool And Die Maker - Tool, Die, Edm, Sinker, Punch
Tool and Die Maker
Tool, Die, EDM, Sinker, Punch Tool and Die Maker
Tool, Die, EDM, Sinker, Punch
Tool Making, Die Making, EDM Machines, Sinker EDM Machine, Tool Repair, Cold Forming, Metal Work, Injection Molds, CNC Machine Operation, Makino High Speed Milling Machines Based in Riverside, we are an internationally-renown precision component manufacturer. Demand from our customers has increased and we are now looking for three more Tool and Die Makers (two on 1st shift, one on 2nd shift) to develop, cut, shape and form metal work pieces to specifications.
Top Reasons to Work with Us - Competitive compensation package (up to $75k, depending on experience + OVERTIME AVAILABLE!)
Relocation assistance available! - Join our vibrant company culture that people find rewarding with an average tenure in excess of 10 years! - Comprehensive benefits package including 401k match
Healthcare coverage for you and your family
What You Will Be Doing
Making EDM Electrodes from Tungsten Alloy to the configuration of the Die to be burn.
Burning Dies in the EDM machine to prints.
Polish Dies to final dimensions and surface finish per print using diamond compounds.
Machining all of the housings and inserts for the Die assemblies.
Putting together and taking a part a Die assemblies.
Refurbishing used Die and Punch pins.
Making Carbide and Steel Punch pins per print.
Troubleshooting the configurations of Die assemblies.
What You Need for this Position The ideal candidate is a Tool and Die maker who has 3+ years of design and manufacturing of Cold Head tooling experience. We are looking for three Tool and Die Makers, so feel free to apply even if you do not meet every requirement in this job ad... Apply now (preferred) or send your resume to email@example.com with subject "Applicant for Tool and Die Maker
- TnD-RS-1" Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Tool and Die Maker
- Tool, Die, EDM, Sinker, Punch* CA-RiversideDK1-TnD-RS-1
Tool & Die Maker
About Baxter Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fabricate, install, repair and rebuild a variety of machine tools and parts to support * operating capabilities of production and service equipment
Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements
Makes prototypes of newly designed product parts for testing and evaluation.
Skillfully fits parts and components to close tolerances requiring precise alignment and adjustment.
Inspects parts using measuring instruments.
Performs programming for editing on assigned equipment.
Troubleshoots advanced production problems.
Establishes fabrication procedures for new and difficult parts. May fabricate metal (and * other materials) parts for experimental or prototype equipment.
Decides layout, selection of material, procedures and machining methods.
May create special tools and fixtures for prototype and production work.
May design desktop drawings/models and programs (ex. ProE or CAD).
Perform other duties as assigned. Education and Experience High school 6 years relevant experience Ability to work from specification documents including blueprints, drawings, Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs on a routine basis. Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law
- Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy /Reasonable Accommodations/ // Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email toCorporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.comor call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Organization: Global Services
- Global Service Centers*
Title:Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker
Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, NY is looking for an Tool & Die Maker on 1st shift. Primary Function:
Plan, layout and perform numerically controlled machining operations and surface grinding on tools, dies, patterns, core boxes, models, etc. and related equipment used in the manufacturing process.
Set up, operate and program all types of computer numerically controlled machines (CNC) as well as set up and operate conventional machines to construct, alter, braze, and repair a wide variety of models, cutters, chasers, and carbide blades etc. of company products selecting speeds, feeds, and wheels maintain program file.
Perform highly skilled machining operations requiring unusual and difficult setups to maintain tolerances and fits.
Perform highly skilled bench work to fabricate, fit and assemble details of mechanical and other systems, including special machinery, test equipment and other mechanisms.
Work involves a thorough knowledge of tool, pattern, model making and machine shop practices.
Work with a variety of materials such as metals, plastics, wood, rubber, etc., as required.
Able to work to exacting tolerances and check own work.
- Duties involve application of broad trades knowledge and skilled trades apprenticeship training plus considerable experience in improvising and making decisions requiring initiative and ingenuity. Qualifications
Journeyman certification in tool making
Minimum one year CNC Programming experience
High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position.
Mechanical technology/associates degree from an accredited institution
Minimum two (2) years of CNC programming experience
Knowledge in CAM (Computer aided manufacturing) software We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job: Manufacturing & Operations Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas Job Level: Entry Level Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: No Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Tool And Die Maker
Company Introduction This position is for Victor Manufacturing, a division of Cosma International. Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Job Introduction Repairs and performs preventative maintenance on stamping dies and assembly tooling as needed
, always striving to improve the quality of workmanship and time taken to complete assigned work.
1.To work in a safe, quality minded, and productive manner with a sense of urgency to achieve tool room dead lines and to attain production priorities as scheduled. 2.Perform tooling repair using various methods of machining and hand work. 3.Operates various tool room machining equipment and welding operations. 4.Attend daily pre-shift meetings and carry out assigned work loads as directed by shift/area leaders. 5.Communicates with tool room manager and tool room Area/Shift leaders, and other plant personnel about tool room concerns, providing complete action plans and status reports as and when required. 6.Assists in the implementations and improvement of effective preventive maintenance programs for all tooling equipment. 7.Follows and supports Victor Manufacturing’s and Magna’s operating principles 8.Supports efforts to achieve department and plant goals on Employee Opinion Survey. 9.Ensures all documentation is maintained, including associate documentation. 10.Works with vendors and/or contractors, displaying company values of honesty and integrity. 11.Work with all shifts in design and development of improving methods and equipment through continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles. 12.Performs tool room duties as required. 13.May be required to adjust shifts as necessary
Knowledge and Education Must have high school diploma or GED
. 2 Year trade school, tool and die or applied sciences.
Work Experience Prefer someone with
3-5 years experience working on large presses
Skills and Competencies Must have good organizational skills
Must be proficient in computer operations.
Must exhibit high integrity and honesty.
Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, diagrams, requirements and business correspondences.
Ability to effectively and appropriately present information and respond to questions from various groups.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts as appropriate.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Must be proficient in using lathes, milling machines, grinders, drill presses and saws.
Must be proficient in bench Repair, Assembly, Machinery Up-Keep, Layout, Die Repair, Inspection, Press Troubleshooting, Tooling Design, Quality Control, Die and/or Fixture Building, Welding and Heat Treating.
Work Environment General factory environment
. Works around moving machinery and heavy equipment.
Additional Information We have positions available on
2nd shift (3-11 p.m.) and 3rd shift (11 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
Group:* Cosma International
Division:* Victor Manufacturing
Job Type:* Regular
Tool And Die Maker 4
Tool and Die Maker 4
Description Lays out; fabricates; and assembles metalworking dies; molds; and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints; sketches; models; and engineering or shop specifications. Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
Computes dimensions; determines machining and material or parts required. Performs precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommends revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered; and solves problems relating to unusual materials; work-holding arrangements; machine settings; fabrication methods; and production process. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED with at least 6 years of related experience
Must be able to work any shift, overtime, weekends and flexible hours as required
Must be able to use a Laser Tracker
Must be able to measure using CATIA/MASTERCAM
- Must be able to use a manual machine Physical
Primarily manufacturing/assembly environment.
Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current. Must be able to bend and reach. Must have close visual acuity such as viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines, and/or assembly or fabrication parts at close distance to the eyes.
Must be able to communicate effectively. Must be able to maneuver up to 50 pounds. Will be performing substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
L-3 Crestview Aerospace provides aircraft structures, major airframe assemblies and military aircraft modifications for leading Prime contractors and OEMs in the aerospace industry. Our facilities are located in the heart of the Gulf Coast aerospace region, serving our customers with an attitude and commitment to get the job done on time, with the highest level of quality and value. L-3 CA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit packages that includes medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance options, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, Employee Stock Purchase plan, profit sharing, health and dental plan, 401K with employer match, 12 paid holidays, and other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace, and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Job Tool And Die/Model Making
Primary Location USA-Florida-Crestview
US Security Clearance Required:
Organization: Division - Crestview-20000035
Jan 8, 2018, 1:51:51 PM
Req ID: 094995
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!