Die Maker Bench Stamping Job Description Sample
Tool & Die Maker Stamping
Performs the activities required to support toolmaking operations and to make tools required by performing all operations necessary to construct, develop, alter, fit, align, adjust, calibrate and repair tooling, experimental tooling, dies, gages, jigs and fixtures, special machines and equipment. (Except molding dies)
Work with maintenance personnel and Tool Build Technicians during the construction of special machines and equipment or Stamping tool builds to account for correct maintenance and repair of those machines and tools.
Responsible for supplying sketches to engineering, to enable drawings to be made of tooling or new special machines and equipment.
Must be capable of operating all toolroom machines and equipment related to the trade and instructing other toolmaker associates in their use.
Must be capable of independently producing tools from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to prescribed toolroom procedures, (i.e. deliverables). Communicates with tool designers, engineers, vendors, internal and external customers.
Perform basic support type tasks of various trades that can be completed safely.
Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Associates will be trained in and perform multiple work assignments. Summary of duties
Must be capable of trouble shooting and problem solving during tool repair process.
Notify Supervisor of issues that effect cost and timing.
Must be capable of measuring and machining parts to print tolerances.
Must be capable of expediting tool repairs within toolroom or with vendors.
Must be capable of adjusting schedules to react to changes in resources (personnel/equipment).
Notify Supervisor and/or Lead Person when necessary to replenish departmental supplies.
Assist in training other Tool and Die Maker personnel.
Perform other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Must be capable of independently producing tooling from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to proper toolroom methods (i.e. deliverables). Tools and equipment used:
Computers and printers, micrometer, calipers, scales, blueprints, comparator, ordinary standard gages, CMM, ordinary special gages, all department machinery, (including but not limited to):CNC machines, mills, lathes, grinding machines, drills, heat treating equipment, etc., reports, printouts, and forms. Various types of material handling equipment, including scales, power hand trucks, hand trucks, hand carts, etc., various hand tools, various containers including high boys, pans, bulk boxes, tubs, etc. Must have a journeyman card or 8 years of experience. STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Requistion Number: 2017-2923 Street: Milwaukee Shift: Second External Company Name: Strattec Security Corp. External Company URL: www.strattec.com
Tool & Die Makers - Progressive Stamping
Volt Workforce Solutions has partnered with a growing metal stamping company in the Chino, CA area who is seeking to identify an experienced Progressive Die Maker/Tooling specialist.
The ideal candidates need to have experience with the building, maintaining and repairing of progressive stamping dies and related tooling. Knowledge of machining processing using equipment such as; CNC Mills/Lathe, conventional mill/lathe and other tool room equipment. Experience with measuring devices, such as calipers and micrometers, is needed as well. Must have a manufacturing background and knowledge of machining processes and safety. This will be a 2nd shift position. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for high level Tool & Die making skills. Compensation will be based on overall knowledge and skills, determined through an interview process and the chosen candidates should have at least 5 years’ experience with any of these listed machines and job duties. THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE opportunity. Please submit most updated resume and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities of Tool & Die Makers include the following:
- Knows and understands the Tool & Die standards, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Studies specifications such as computer aided designs, part data, machine prints, models, and descriptions used to fabricate individual details.
- Working from engineered designs, the die maker computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, and grinder, to machine individual details, and verifies conformance of machined details to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Completes other tasks as needed in order to build conforming and functioning tools and dies.
- Tests completed tools and dies to ensure that they meet both Aranda Tooling and customer specifications.
Metal Stamping Die Designer - Catia
Companies within Tooling Systems Group are hiring Metal Stamping Die Designers for second shift. Metal Stamping Die Designers are responsible to design stamping dies to required specifications. Qualified applicants will be familiar with Catia CAD software and be able to design blank, line, progressive, and transfer dies and have at least 5 years of experience. TSG offers a competitive compensation package.
- Catia CAD Software
- 3D Surfacing
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and discipline
- 5+ years of experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with a can-do attitude
CTS uses their design experience to accommodate a wide range of tooling orders for die builders throughout the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
Stamping Die Project Manager
HIROTEC AMERICA is the world's leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufactures across the world. Currently, we are seeking to expand our Die Execution Business Unit.
The ideal candidate will hold the position of a Stamping Die Project Manager and will be responsible for reviewing project proposal and planning to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project. The individual will be the primary customer contact and have technical expertise for overall project management, including but not limited to tool process, design buy-off, and build integration of the project. Throughout the life of project, candidate will confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required. Prepare project reports for management, client, or others. In addition, candidate will work to continually strive to improve Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Safety (QDCS). Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
The position requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years related experience. Strong knowledge of automotive industry (closures/BIW- OEM preferred) and strong computer skills-Microsoft Office Products, technical aptitude with problem solving skills. Exceptional interpersonal/ communication skills, and must possess strong organizational skills, teamwork and leadership skills.
Ability to travel for service and installation, both nationally and internationally. Excellent work environment and benefits await you!
Tool And Die Maker
Engineering. Science. Art. That’s the world of the tool and die maker. The following description will boggle the general public’s mind, but this is your passion and your pride. Kapco’s facilities are modern, we’re fast paced, and we appreciate precision. If that’s how you roll, we’d like to talk to you.
Hours (shift): All
2 year trade school program or equivalent
If you are driven to succeed with a passion for the professional growth and development of others, our employee-focused company may have the right opportunity for you. Kapco Inc. is looking for a Tool & Die Maker at our Milwaukee area facility. The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following:
Perform highly skilled duties in developing and building dies, jigs, fixtures, etc.
Lay out and perform bench and machine operations to construct, alter and repair dies, jigs, fixtures or special tools
Perform all Tool and Die Maintenance and Repairman duties, effectively and efficiently as needed
Oversee tool and die operations
Assign jobs to appropriate personnel
Verify that quality and print specifications are met
Other duties as assigned
Making People Our Priority
Kapco is where ‘jobs’ turn into careers. If you’re seeking a role with an organization focused on employee development, consider joining the Kapco family.
Whether advancing our teammate’s skills or integrating new equipment and processes, Kapco continually invests for growth at our clean, modern, manufacturing facility.
A solid benefits package includes health and dental insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
Kapco is trusted by leading brands in diverse industries to make parts with precision and efficiency. Over 150,000 parts daily. On time. To spec.
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Tool & Die Metal Stamping
DIE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS-METAL STAMPED AUTO PARTS -2nd shift - Plants located in Shelbyville, IN and Senatobia, MS
$20.00-28.43 Hour Depending on experience, plus overtime. Shift premium on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Competitive benefits and possible relocation assistance
I. JOB SUMMARY
To operate technical equipment in order to produce 100% quality parts with a minimum amount of downtime and waste in compliance with the Quality Management System and production requirements.
- Responsibilities include: Lathe work, Machining, and Welding (TIG and MIG).
- General repair of production machine parts to ensure proper operations.
- Sheet metal fabrication.
- Repaired gears, pulleys and shafts to keep machines operating correctly.
- Operated forklifts for various applications of work to include lifting and placement of dies in proper machinery.
- · Must understand and follow the work standards on all machines in the area.
- · Perform machine and quality checks as outlined in the work standards.
- · Must be able to set-up and change over machines as required including die and material changes.
- · Must be able to troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on the machines.
- · Maintain daily charts.
- · Maintain 5’S Standards
- · Maintain good communication with Team Leaders and other Team Members.
III. SCOPE OF JOB
- Requires involvement with related internal departments in order to maintain production targets.
- Certification and proper use of GNC Lock Out Tag Out Program required.
- Requires shift work and overtime.
- Requires teamwork and participation in Employee Involvement and the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Sometimes requires working with hazardous chemicals.
- Other duties as required.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to perform a proficient level of arithmetic in the form of charts and graphs and be able to interpret and analyze them.
- Must be able to use measuring instruments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate process/product problems.
- Must have basic mechanical skills.
- Refer to Physical Essential Job Function manual.
Tool And Die Maker
- Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of die.
- Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout, and assembly operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining by other workers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions them for assembly on worktable or surface plate.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Verifies dimensions, clearances, and alignment of members and parts in die.
- Dowels and bolts parts together.
- Works to tolerances as close as 0.
- Fits and assembles cam operated mechanisms for lateral movement of part of die.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electric, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Experience with stamping dies
- CNC experience (G & M code)
- Milltronics and HAAS experience helpful
- Experience trouble shooting stamping tools
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker preferred
Tool & Die Maker
•Committed involvement with quality, cost savings, and continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements.
•Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate including but not limited to die setting as required.
•Must be a Team oriented player & work well with others.
•USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman’s Card preferred or extensive related experience.
•Minimum (2) years experience trouble shooting in a Production Stamping Plant a plus.
•MUST have experience relative to medium to large Tandem Line Dies or small to medium Transfer Dies or medium to large Progressive Dies required with experience relative to Transfer Dies & large Progressive Dies.
•Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a plus.
•Must be able to read detail prints & order perishable details such as pierce punches & buttons, gas springs, guide pins and bushings, etc.
•Must be willing to work any shift as Plant schedule and/or manpower requirements deem necessary.
•Must be willing to work overtime as required (including Sundays) to maintain all Plant functions relative to the Tool Room such as but not limited to Program Launch, die repairs, engineering change timing to customer dates/requirements, etc.
Tool & Die Maker
Perform PM activities on stamping dies progressive and blanking.
Die steel welding
Operation of manual machine tools (lathe, milling machine, grinders, radial arm drill press)
Operation of overhead crane
Die steel welding is a plus
Ability to read and interpret blue prints
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!