Die Maker Bench Stamping Job Description Sample
Tool & Die Maker Stamping
Performs the activities required to support toolmaking operations and to make tools required by performing all operations necessary to construct, develop, alter, fit, align, adjust, calibrate and repair tooling, experimental tooling, dies, gages, jigs and fixtures, special machines and equipment. (Except molding dies)
Work with maintenance personnel and Tool Build Technicians during the construction of special machines and equipment or Stamping tool builds to account for correct maintenance and repair of those machines and tools.
Responsible for supplying sketches to engineering, to enable drawings to be made of tooling or new special machines and equipment.
Must be capable of operating all toolroom machines and equipment related to the trade and instructing other toolmaker associates in their use.
Must be capable of independently producing tools from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to prescribed toolroom procedures, (i.e. deliverables). Communicates with tool designers, engineers, vendors, internal and external customers.
Perform basic support type tasks of various trades that can be completed safely.
Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Associates will be trained in and perform multiple work assignments. Summary of duties
Must be capable of trouble shooting and problem solving during tool repair process.
Notify Supervisor of issues that effect cost and timing.
Must be capable of measuring and machining parts to print tolerances.
Must be capable of expediting tool repairs within toolroom or with vendors.
Must be capable of adjusting schedules to react to changes in resources (personnel/equipment).
Notify Supervisor and/or Lead Person when necessary to replenish departmental supplies.
Assist in training other Tool and Die Maker personnel.
Perform other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Must be capable of independently producing tooling from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to proper toolroom methods (i.e. deliverables). Tools and equipment used:
Computers and printers, micrometer, calipers, scales, blueprints, comparator, ordinary standard gages, CMM, ordinary special gages, all department machinery, (including but not limited to):CNC machines, mills, lathes, grinding machines, drills, heat treating equipment, etc., reports, printouts, and forms. Various types of material handling equipment, including scales, power hand trucks, hand trucks, hand carts, etc., various hand tools, various containers including high boys, pans, bulk boxes, tubs, etc. Must have a journeyman card or 8 years of experience. STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Requistion Number: 2017-2923 Street: Milwaukee Shift: Second External Company Name: Strattec Security Corp. External Company URL: www.strattec.com
Tool & Die Technician - Metal Stamping
Tool & Die Technician
- Metal Stamping
Location: Thermal/Acoustical, Inc., Hamptonville, NC
Company: Lydall Thermal/Acoustical, Inc. # of Openings:
Description Lydall, Inc. designs and manufactures specialty engineered filtration media, industrial thermal insulating solutions, automotive thermal and acoustical barriers, medical filtration media and devices and biopharmaceutical processing components for thermal/acoustical, filtration/separation and bio/medical applications. Lydall serves a number of markets with the majority of products sold to original equipment manufacturers and tier-one suppliers. The company's ~2200 employees serve customers via production operations in the U.S., France, Germany, The Netherlands, U.K. and China and sales offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. Lydall will generate nearly $500 million in revenue throughout the globe
- Metals Segment
The Thermal/Acoustical – Metals segment at http://www.lydallautomotive.com/ offers a full line of innovative engineered products to assist in noise and heat abatement within the transportation sector.Thermal/Acoustical Metals segment products are stamped metal composite constructions which provide thermal and acoustical shielding solutions for the global automotive and truck markets. Lydall’s flux TM product family of thermal solutions includes k flux TM dual-wall/fiber shields, which are mounted to high temperature surfaces in exhaust or engine systems, and durable, acoustically-transparent zeta flux TM shields for high-vibration applications. The Metals business segment employs approximately ~700 employees and with operations in the U.S., Germany, France, and China.
Responsible for overall repair and maintenance of blanking, trimming and forms dies (auto and hand-transfer).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures safety in die repair area
Quality and adjustments to dies.
Build and repair dies, report any problems pertaining to dies.
Work with Machine Operators to resolve any issues with dies.
Order repair parts and maintain supplies.
Housekeeping. Other: + Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement + Must adhere to all company and location policies and safety rules + Must be able to work extended hours when required + All other duties as assigned Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited institution) .
High School graduate or equivalent.
5 years experience as a Journeyman Tool / Die Maker / Repair
Various Machining Equipment
Additional Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited institution)
- Computer experience
Metal Stamping Die Designer - Catia
Companies within Tooling Systems Group are hiring Metal Stamping Die Designers for second shift. Metal Stamping Die Designers are responsible to design stamping dies to required specifications. Qualified applicants will be familiar with Catia CAD software and be able to design blank, line, progressive, and transfer dies and have at least 5 years of experience. TSG offers a competitive compensation package.
- Catia CAD Software
- 3D Surfacing
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and discipline
- 5+ years of experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with a can-do attitude
CTS uses their design experience to accommodate a wide range of tooling orders for die builders throughout the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
Stamping Die Tuner
Stamping Die Tuner HIROTEC AMERICA is the world’s leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufacturers across the world. Currently, seeking a Stamping Die Tunerto become a part of the HIROTEC Team. Execution of stamping die modifications based on engineering requests within the prescribed time frame and quality requirements. Mentoring of additional team members as assigned by manager.
Knowledge and understanding of the HIROTEC Die process and philosophy.
Evaluate necessary changes to improve surface and dimensional issues of sheet metal panels as defined by stamping engineering.
Utilization of various trouble shooting techniques of stamping dies including split, wrinkle, spring back and distortion and implementation of necessary corrective actions.
Ability to communicate with internal die tryout team and internal engineering team on status including timing, quality, and progress of assigned dies.
Work skills include general understanding of die construction, general die disassembly / assembly, check line dies in spotting press, flame harden dies, panel nesting, die static and dynamic checks, welding, grinding / stoning / polishing, surface check in press and under lights, spotting, Class A surface adjustment, die set into press, press operation including tonnage and cushion adjustment, press maintenance, read engineering change request, inner / outer pad bearing adjustment, and dimensional review in checking fixture. The ideal candidate will have a one year certificate from college or technical school; or 6 months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of operating cranes and Hilo’s. HIROTEC AMERICA offers one of the most progressive benefit and compensation packages in our industry. Make the decision to join our team!
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Tool And Die Maker
Company Introduction This position is for Victor Manufacturing, a division of Cosma International. Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Job Introduction Repairs and performs preventative maintenance on stamping dies and assembly tooling as needed
, always striving to improve the quality of workmanship and time taken to complete assigned work.
1.To work in a safe, quality minded, and productive manner with a sense of urgency to achieve tool room dead lines and to attain production priorities as scheduled. 2.Perform tooling repair using various methods of machining and hand work. 3.Operates various tool room machining equipment and welding operations. 4.Attend daily pre-shift meetings and carry out assigned work loads as directed by shift/area leaders. 5.Communicates with tool room manager and tool room Area/Shift leaders, and other plant personnel about tool room concerns, providing complete action plans and status reports as and when required. 6.Assists in the implementations and improvement of effective preventive maintenance programs for all tooling equipment. 7.Follows and supports Victor Manufacturing’s and Magna’s operating principles 8.Supports efforts to achieve department and plant goals on Employee Opinion Survey. 9.Ensures all documentation is maintained, including associate documentation. 10.Works with vendors and/or contractors, displaying company values of honesty and integrity. 11.Work with all shifts in design and development of improving methods and equipment through continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles. 12.Performs tool room duties as required. 13.May be required to adjust shifts as necessary
Knowledge and Education Must have high school diploma or GED
. 2 Year trade school, tool and die or applied sciences.
Work Experience Prefer someone with
3-5 years experience working on large presses
Skills and Competencies Must have good organizational skills
Must be proficient in computer operations.
Must exhibit high integrity and honesty.
Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, diagrams, requirements and business correspondences.
Ability to effectively and appropriately present information and respond to questions from various groups.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts as appropriate.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Must be proficient in using lathes, milling machines, grinders, drill presses and saws.
Must be proficient in bench Repair, Assembly, Machinery Up-Keep, Layout, Die Repair, Inspection, Press Troubleshooting, Tooling Design, Quality Control, Die and/or Fixture Building, Welding and Heat Treating.
Work Environment General factory environment
. Works around moving machinery and heavy equipment.
Additional Information We have positions available on
2nd shift (3-11 p.m.) and 3rd shift (11 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
Group:* Cosma International
Division:* Victor Manufacturing
Job Type:* Regular
Die Design Engineer- Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking an experienced Die Design Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility in Southern CA.
•Designs progressive dies, compound dies, and fixtures to be used in reliable and cost-effective stamping processes
•Ensures that newly developed tooling is functioning properly
•Utilizes best engineering practices, policies, and procedures, supports tooling and equipment development activities for new processes, products, and current production
•Develops and reviews the product documentation to facilitate tool design and ensure that the customer's technical needs will be met
•Documents and coordinates tool specifications for timely and accurate quoting
•Evaluates and develops tooling sources
Education and Experience:
•10 years’ experience with design of progressive dies preferred
•AA/BA degree in Engineering is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
•Knowledge of the set-up of the dies and set-up requirements
•Knowledge of all the processes used in the manufacturing of the dies
•Knowledge on how to define a problem to analyze and solve it.
•Experience with SolidWorks required. AutoCAD, Logopress a plus
Tool And Die Maker 2Nd Shift
SRG is hiring for a Tool and Die Maker for JNM in Glasgow KY. This is for 2nd Shift. YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 YEARS OF STAMPING DIES AN AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT!
Pay Rate: $20.00 to $26.00
The Tool and Die Maker is primarily responsible for assisting in the tooling process as assigned, performing all the general functions of a Tool & Die Maker as listed below, while meeting the established customer requirements. This includes building, modifying, repairing and troubleshooting dies, tools, jigs and fixtures while working to very close tolerances from blueprints, sketches and samples. The Tool & Die Maker will also delegate work to apprentices and provide training as needed.
- Performs tool repair and construction tasks using personal tools and metal cutting machines and tools provided by the company based on direction from the Tool Room Manager using the provided stamping tool designs.
- Documents all the die/tooling suggestions and reports them to the Tool Room Manager to adjust in design.
- Brings the tool to the stage of tryout and, along with the tryout leader, commence the in- die press tryout process.
- Effectively communicates with all company personnel to function as a team player along with their apprentices.
- Completes anything that is required to support positive trending on the scorecard.
- Follows all company Health & Safety procedures.
- Seeks opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
- Trains new apprentices in the metal cutting and stamping die construction and assembly.
- Perform any other duties, as required.
- Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Tool and Die Certification
- Work Experience Requirements
- Five (5) years’ experience building, servicing and improving stamping dies in an automotive production environment
- Good understanding of Algebra and Geometry
- Ability to read and understand product and tooling blueprints and GD&T
- Able to operate Tool Room equipment (lathe, grinding machine, milling machine, etc.) effectively and safely
Job Type: Full-time
Want to learn more about SRG? Please copy and paste the link below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynE71XbgmUo
Job Type: Full-time
Tool And Die Maker
Tottser-Iroquois in La Vergne, TN is seeking a Tool and Die Maker. Must be punctual, have a great attitude, the ability to work with minimal direction and be flexible in shifts. Competitive wages.
• Performs basic troubleshooting of tools on the line — production floor support
• Support manufacturing and engineering on new and existing product lines
• Works to close tolerances, ensuring quality workmanship on all tool, guages, and fixtures
• Makes recommendations to continuously improve the company’s equipment, tool guages, and fixtures
Minimum 3 years’ experience building/repairing metal stamping dies (Progressive, Blanking, Tandem & Transfer dies)
• Ideal candidate must be familiar with common trouble shooting and repair methods of stamping dies
• Experience welding common steel and tooling steel- required
• Ability to weld high strength steel, cast steel, and aluminum -desired
• Ability to operate tool room equipment (Mill, Lathes, Surface Grinders, etc.)
• Certified tool & die designation-desired
• Automotive experience- required
Note: This position is in Die Maintenance. Relocation is NOT covered. Only local candidates will be considered.
The owners of Tottser-Iroquois Industries bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to this latest venture. Coming from similar backgrounds where their fathers owned the metal stamping businesses they now run, both individuals began as apprentices in their fathers' companies.
Tool & Die Maker
Overall Job Summary
Machinist is responsible for inspecting, repairing & building of the various stamping dies used on a daily basis. Individual will use a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, CNC equipment & drill presses in order to ensure that dies produce a quality precision nonmetallic part.
- Inspect & repair dies used in Stamping Department
- Build new dies
- Operate and use standard equipment
- Mills, Grinders, Lathes, Drill Presses
- Measuring equipment
- Exercise judgment on completing required machining tasks necessary to produce parts to specification and meet delivery dates of parts.
- Assist maintenance in repairs as needed
Qualifications / Requirements
- Knowledge of stamping dies
- Able to operate mills, grinders, lathes, drill presses & CNC machines
- Understand blueprints
- Team Oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Prefer experience with Auto CAD & or Wire EDM
- Experience – 4 years apprenticeship or 5+ years experience
•* Flame Resistant Glass Polyester (FRP) Sheet
•* High Temperature Flexible Insulation
•* Die-cut and Fabricated Parts
•* Slitting and Custom Converting
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!