Die Maker Bench Stamping Job Description Sample
Tool & Die Maker Stamping
Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker
Apprentice III - Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker Plastic Injection
- Understand and interpret complex tool and machine blueprints.
- Analyze specifications, lay-out metal stock, set-up and operate machine tools.
- Perform complex machining to transform raw material into finished molds and fixtures.
- Fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair molds, dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs to plastic injection molds.
- Work to close tolerances, ensuring quality workmanship on all molds, tools, and fixtures.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure all projects are built to exact specifications.
- Make recommendations to continuously improve projects, molds, and fixtures.
- Mentor, train, and share knowledge with apprentice Tool and Mold Makers, and other less experienced employees.
- Demonstrate flexibility and help other tooling areas when workload shifts.
- Receive prototype parts and ensure completeness of data, take special measurements, and ensure ease of data transfer for the customer.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures, regulations and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Utilize and abide by ISO requirements.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces;
- Maintain equipment by performing regular cleaning and light maintenance; adhering to preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; trouble-shooting malfunctions; and notifying management for machine malfunction and/or repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job improvements.
- Proactively aware of workload and plans tooling requirements for future jobs ensuring minimal downtime.
- Update job knowledge by participating in training & educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Advanced mechanical, machining, and troubleshooting skills all related to injection molding or wax molding.
- Must have proficient knowledge on tool assembly, lathes, Bridgeport's, surface grinders, and boring mills.
- Ability to read and interpret most manufacturing and tooling prints.
- CNC operating experience helpful.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge in the use and application of precision measuring instruments; including calipers, ID and OD micrometers, comparators, gauge pins, bore gauges, indicators, and various customer gauges.
- Mathematical: Ability to perform basic math computation; and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Conceptualization and reasoning: Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Tool & Die Maker/ Mold Maker
Stamping Die Design Engineer
JDP Search Group is a Veteran Owned search firm based out of Northeast Ohio with a National Scope as we help clients across the United States.
We specialize in the Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction, and CyberSecurity sectors and find leaders and problem-solvers for the companies that we seek talent.
Our clients include Fortune 500, start-up, small, medium, private equity, and privately held companies. We are the hardest working recruiters in the business and tirelessly seek out new methods to streamline our recruiting efforts to find great talent in order to save you time, money and effort.
Having one of the most robust networks including our candidate database and connections on all facets of Social Media we are able to find the unfindable. There's a reason we get repeat business and that is because we do it the RIGHT way the first time and our clients keep coming back and the candidates that we have hired are promoted over and over.
Our growing client is looking to upgrade their Engineering team in order to capitalize on their capacity to take on additional work from their client base.
The hands-on Die Design Engineer will have an immediate chance to make a huge impact in this high visibility role.
The ideal engineer will be self-sufficient, creative and able to handle multiple projects within the fabrication environment.
• Coordinate engineering and technical activities - design, development, fabrication, and implementation of tooling and equipment.
• Utilize best engineering practices, policies, procedures to coordinate tooling and equipment development activities for new processes, products, and current production.
• Design stamping tooling, aerospace tooling, production fixturing, and special machines for assembly.
• Create 3D models, 2D drawings, BOM, Gantt charts, process sheets. • Lead projects, set expectations, engage, guide, and provide support to toolmakers and CNC programmers in order to meet project deadlines.
• Lead DFM meetings to ensure the customer's technical needs are met.
• Develop and coordinate tool due diligence to ensure manufacturability.
• Support tool shop activity to ensure fabrication is to specifications process needs, cost requirements and schedules. • Support injection molding with fixtures, gages, end of arm tooling (EOAT), and other basic tool support.
• Lead root cause analysis efforts and define cost reduction plans. • Coordinate and conduct tool trials for process development and prototype supply.
• Evaluate potential engineering changes to the products and what tooling changes are required, implement tool design models and drawings as required.
• Define critical criteria required for primary equipment specification and quotation, including material handling equipment, tonnage, and special construction requirements.
• Develop, propose and implement tooling and equipment improvements to foster an environment of continuous improvement. • Fluent in change controls.
• Perform necessary functions to adhere to ISO standards.
• Provide Quality Department with documentation and models for inspection purposes.
• Provide tooling and special equipment training to operators.
• Report on all process development and tool design activities relative to achieving targets, risks and deficiencies to project team and management.
• Support sales and quoting activity.
Qualifications (or Required Skills):
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years in a manufacturing engineering environment.
• Understanding of design for manufacturing, tooling technology, assembly, fabrication.
• Handle multiple projects.
• Problem-solving capability. • Knowledge of manufacturing methods - stamping, CNC machining, EDM, rapid prototyping, automation, robotics, 3D printing.
• Familiarity with design of basic assembly equipment and fixtures. • Proficiency with Solidworks.
• Customer focused from an internal and external perspective. • Proficiency in geometric tolerance, quality assurance, quality management systems.
• Fluent in the use of continuous improvement tools & techniques to include Lean, Six, Sigma etc.
Tool And Die Maker (3Rd Shift)
Hourly: Tool, Die & Gauge Maker
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!