Die Maker Electronic Job Description Sample
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Tool And Die Maker
Interpret highly technical electronic and written blueprints, models, and specifications to produce tools, dies, progressive dies, and special devices used on manufacturing machines to mass-produce metal parts, primarily in metal stamping. Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools.
This is a 1st shift position 7:00AM-5:30PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM-12:00PM Saturdays.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Set up and operate various machine tools to make or repair; tools, dies, fixtures, jigs, and gauges.
File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
Setup and operate grinders, drills, mills, lathes and various hand tools.
Check and inspect die for wear and maintenance issues. Evaluate problems and implement solutions to resolve issues.
Operate overhead crane, jib crane, die lifter and related material handling equipment to lift, move, and position, and secure dies in presses or onto worktables.
Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Role that this position reports to:
Tool Room Supervisor
High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of experience as a Tool and Die Maker.
High degree of accuracy
Advanced math skills including calculation of feeds, speeds and distances, print conversion and geometry.
Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
Proficiency with a variety of measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.).
- Good communication skills including the ability to receive and give oral and written instruction.
- Organizational skills to optimize output by planning and scheduling time and work.
Tool & Die Maker Die Casting
To maintain and troubleshoot dies in-house to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products. Also responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
1)Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2)Understand and promote companies.
3)Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity
4)Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
5)Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date.
6)Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
7)Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments.
8)Troubleshoots for problems during production.
9)Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
10)Tryout of new die sets and tooling.
11)Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
12)Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
13)Sound understanding and knowledge of Die Casting Operations and Quality procedures
14)Assist in determining spare parts requirements
15)Maintain accurate documentation
16) Train operators and new employees
17) Recommend modifications to existing equipment
18) Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments
19) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
20) Ensure quality product and know quality procedures
21) Perform die changes
22) Perform troubleshoot of tooling (in or out of the presses)
23) Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
24) Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures
25) Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
26) Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility
OTHER: Journeyman certification is preferred: general knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding, but not required; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
Minimum of 4 years experience - Tool & Die background in a manufacturing environment; journeyman experience preferred, job shop, hands on; Die Casting background. Welding experience, die construction, basic machining (milling, grinding, turning), sharpening cutting edges, reworking form steels, tig welding, mig welding, arc weld
Skills and Competencies
•Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools
•Ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
•Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills
•Ability to problem solve and troubleshooting in Press
•Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
•Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
•Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
•Trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
•Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed
•Must possess knowledge of casting processes
•Willingness to adapt to change and learn
Tool And Die Maker
TitleTool and Die MakerEOE StatementCategoryManufacturingDescriptionJoin the exciting field of Advanced Manufacturing as a Tool and Die Maker at TDS Automation. As a Tool and Die Maker you will:Manufacture and build parts that are used and assembled into dies, jigs, fixtures and special projects/machines.Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, and jigs and fixtures.Study specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, and micrometers.Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathes, milling machine, boring mill, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.Interface with all levels of management, hourly team members and, as assigned, customers.Position RequirementsExpertise in blueprint reading.Proficiency in the use of precision measurement devices such as micrometers.Competency in shop mathematics, including trigonometric and algebraic functions.Basic knowledge of fluid power, electrical, and electronic systems.Advanced knowledge of machining/manufacturing processes, assembly procedures and mechanical functions.Skill in the use of personal computer applications relating to machine shop operations.Must possess working knowledge of:CNC controls.Heat treatment.Fluid power (hydraulic and pneumatic) and electrical systems.Must be willing to travel on an as required basis.Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-TimeShiftDaysKeywordsDivisionTDS AUTOMATION INCExempt/Non-ExemptNon-ExemptReq NumberMAN-17-00010LocationTDS Automation, Inc.About the OrganizationDoerfer Companies is a leading global supplier of process automation that solves the product manufacturing challenges of companies worldwide.
A series of strategic acquisitions and affiliations gives Doerfer nearly three centuries of innovation experience spanning across multiple divisions. This allows clients to benefit from a significant pool of intellectual capital that leverages experience from multiple industries to meet their needs.Doerfer was founded in 1961 to provide assembly automation and engineering services to the agricultural and metalworking industries. It has since grown to become the leading entity providing turnkey factory automation, press technology, tooling and automated guided vehicle technologies.These core competencies, applied to a diverse industry cross section, incorporate numerous advanced technological capabilities, including specialized expertise in the nuclear, specialty fibers and chemical industries.Doerfer manufactures large format hydraulic presses, ranging in size from 500 to 13,000 tons, for the aerospace, automotive, building products and transportation industries.Operating one of the largest tool and die facilities in the Southeast United States, as well as a facility in the Midwest, Doerfer serves the forming needs of customers in the aerospace, appliance, automotive and HVAC industries.Doerfer specializes in custom heavy capacity Automatic Guided Vehicle Systems with traditional wire or laser-guidance systems as well as inertial guidance technology.
In addition, Doerfer's proprietary Wheelift technology offers customers individual powered and controlled wheel modules that provide flexibility not previously available in moving very large payloads.This position is currently accepting applications.Doerfer Companies actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any oth
Tool & Die Maker II
Summary & Objective:
The tool and die maker uses appropriate equipment such as surface grinders, wire EDM, manual and computer numerical control (CNC) lathes and mills, horizontal and vertical band saws, and other various miscellaneous machining equipment to build and repair tooling and fixturing required to manufacture parts in accordance with customer-provide drawings and specifications. This team member is required to clearly and effectively communicate with other team members to ensure that tooling-related activities are prioritized so as to assist the company meet its stated quality and on-time delivery objectives.
Reviews and interprets both externally and internally created blueprint drawings.
Calculates dimensions and tolerances required to setup machine tools.
Responsible for the proper set-up of both manual and CNC machining equipment for the completion of tasks associated with the manufacture and maintenance of tooling.
Regularly performs designing, milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing, grinding, sanding, heat-treating, assembly, and other various tooling-related operations.
Perform prescribed preventive maintenance on machines as required per the preventive maintenance schedules.
Completes and maintains documentation associated with production of tooling and/or production (i.e. shop traveler, process control chart, etc.).
Must use necessary measuring devices to make new, or modify existing, tooling for the manufacture of parts.
Maintain strict adherence to the company’s ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements and ensure proper completion of any and all documentation associated with the production realization process (i.e. shop traveler, process control chart, etc.).
Requires the use of hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screw drivers, etc.) and measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, scales, etc.) expected to be either provided by or purchased by the team member.
Actively participate in departmental meetings.
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Additionally, the noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, knelling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The team member must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds in weight. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Standard Work Hours:
This is a full-time position. Days and standard hours of work are Monday through Thursday 6:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Overtime Work Hours:
Production schedule demands may periodically necessitate overtime. The days and hours of overtime work are Friday 6:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. and Saturday 6:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
No travel is expected with this position.
Educational and Experience Requirement:
Minimum of five (5) years of similar tooling manufacturing and maintenance experience.
Educational and Experience Preference:
Ten (10) years of similar tooling manufacturing and maintenance experience.
None required for this position.
Please note this team member position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Tool & Die Maker
Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is leading provider of technology and staffing solutions for IT, Security, Engineering, and Interactive Design disciplines servicing startups to enterprise clients, nationally.
We pride ourselves in the ability to introduce you to our intimate network of business and technology leaders ndash bringing you new opportunity coupled with personal growth, and professional development!
Let us catapult your career!
Tool Die Maker IMMEDIATE NEED for a Tool Die Maker to join our Glendale, CA client with the primary responsibility to machine and assemble components to produce fixtures, assembly tools, basic dies, and prototype components.
Other duties include, but are not limited to, assisting operators with set-ups, product verification to the specified part drawing, and maintaining tooling storage areas to ensure a clean and safe environment.
Responsibilities Makes tools - could include assembly tools, crimp tools, fixtures, injection molds or trim dies.
Set up and operate all standard tool room equipment.
Assemble and disassemble tools.
Verify dimensional accuracy of part detail.
Maintain work area and tooling to ensure a clean and safe environment.
Other production support duties as assigned.
Qualifications Advanced skill level with vertical mills, drill presses, grinders, lathes, and cut-off saws.
CNC programming experience and the ability to utilize 3D data.
Experience with wire EDM a plus.
Ability to interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
Familiarity machining aluminum, steel, hardened and annealed tool steel.
Basic shop-math and computational skills.
Ability to use standard inspection tools.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Five (5) years minimum machine shop experience.
Ability to maneuver heavy loads using appropriate lifting equipment required.
Preferred Qualifications High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Some trade school, vocational training or relevant technical coursework preferred.
Please send your resume to Norman Hattar, Technical Recruiter for immediate consideration.
Let us help you secure an interview!
ABOUT US Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is an award-winning Information Technology Solutions and Staffing provider with roots in Southern California.
For over fifteen years, we have had the privilege of serving exceptional client organizations as both a local and national resource.
Our team is comprised of seasoned technologists, staffing industry thought leaders, top-notch recruiters, dedicated account executives, and a world class support staff.
Irvine Technology Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Irvine Technology Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Tool And Die Maker 2Nd Shift
SRG is hiring for a Tool and Die Maker for JNM in Glasgow KY. This is for 2nd Shift. YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 YEARS OF STAMPING DIES AN AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT!
Pay Rate: $20.00 to $26.00
The Tool and Die Maker is primarily responsible for assisting in the tooling process as assigned, performing all the general functions of a Tool & Die Maker as listed below, while meeting the established customer requirements. This includes building, modifying, repairing and troubleshooting dies, tools, jigs and fixtures while working to very close tolerances from blueprints, sketches and samples. The Tool & Die Maker will also delegate work to apprentices and provide training as needed.
- Performs tool repair and construction tasks using personal tools and metal cutting machines and tools provided by the company based on direction from the Tool Room Manager using the provided stamping tool designs.
- Documents all the die/tooling suggestions and reports them to the Tool Room Manager to adjust in design.
- Brings the tool to the stage of tryout and, along with the tryout leader, commence the in- die press tryout process.
- Effectively communicates with all company personnel to function as a team player along with their apprentices.
- Completes anything that is required to support positive trending on the scorecard.
- Follows all company Health & Safety procedures.
- Seeks opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
- Trains new apprentices in the metal cutting and stamping die construction and assembly.
- Perform any other duties, as required.
- Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Tool and Die Certification
- Work Experience Requirements
- Five (5) years’ experience building, servicing and improving stamping dies in an automotive production environment
- Good understanding of Algebra and Geometry
- Ability to read and understand product and tooling blueprints and GD&T
- Able to operate Tool Room equipment (lathe, grinding machine, milling machine, etc.) effectively and safely
Job Type: Full-time
Want to learn more about SRG? Please copy and paste the link below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynE71XbgmUo
Job Type: Full-time
Tool And Die Maker
- Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of die.
- Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout, and assembly operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining by other workers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions them for assembly on worktable or surface plate.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Verifies dimensions, clearances, and alignment of members and parts in die.
- Dowels and bolts parts together.
- Works to tolerances as close as 0.
- Fits and assembles cam operated mechanisms for lateral movement of part of die.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electric, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Experience with stamping dies
- CNC experience (G & M code)
- Milltronics and HAAS experience helpful
- Experience trouble shooting stamping tools
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker preferred
Tool And Die Maker
Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency is currently looking for 2nd and 3rd shift Tool & Die Makers for the Heavy Stamping Industry.
This is a temp to hire position
Willing to work overtime
Must have previous Tool & Die experience
Starting pay is $18 and up depending on experience.
Dexter Manufacturer seeking an experienced Tool and Die Maker
- Must be able trouble shoot and build progressive stamping dies
- Must be able to machine new tooling details
- CNC experience is a plus
- 1st shift
- Pay based on experience and skill set
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!