Die Maker Electronic Job Description Sample
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Tool & Die Maker Die Casting
To maintain and troubleshoot dies in-house to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products. Also responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
1)Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2)Understand and promote companies.
3)Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity
4)Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
5)Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date.
6)Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
7)Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments.
8)Troubleshoots for problems during production.
9)Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
10)Tryout of new die sets and tooling.
11)Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
12)Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
13)Sound understanding and knowledge of Die Casting Operations and Quality procedures
14)Assist in determining spare parts requirements
15)Maintain accurate documentation
16) Train operators and new employees
17) Recommend modifications to existing equipment
18) Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments
19) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
20) Ensure quality product and know quality procedures
21) Perform die changes
22) Perform troubleshoot of tooling (in or out of the presses)
23) Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
24) Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures
25) Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
26) Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility
OTHER: Journeyman certification is preferred: general knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding, but not required; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
Minimum of 4 years experience - Tool & Die background in a manufacturing environment; journeyman experience preferred, job shop, hands on; Die Casting background. Welding experience, die construction, basic machining (milling, grinding, turning), sharpening cutting edges, reworking form steels, tig welding, mig welding, arc weld
Skills and Competencies
•Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools
•Ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
•Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills
•Ability to problem solve and troubleshooting in Press
•Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
•Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
•Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
•Trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
•Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed
•Must possess knowledge of casting processes
•Willingness to adapt to change and learn
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
The Tool Room:
• Is hiring due to GROWTH and new projects coming from many industries
• HAS OVERTIME
• HAS ADDED NEW TOOL ROOM EQUIPMENT
Our Company offers:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Full Time, O.T., 1st /2nd shift
• Group Health Care
• Paid Holidays, Vacation, 401(k) and Company Stock
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
• Die building or die repair experience with progressive metal stamping dies.
• Troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair dies.
• Hands-on experience or Apprenticeship completion.
• CNC / VMC / Wire EDM exp in a tool room or training/schooling.
Visit us at die-matic.com
Die Maker / Die Repair
Tier 1 automotive supplier is seeking an experienced Die Maker / Die Repair
- Maintain and repair current production
- New die construction
Candidates must have 5 years' experience with progressive dies, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Our manufacturing capabilities include; large metal stamping (600 ton), small and medium stamping (150 - 300 ton), resistant spot welding, robotic mig welding, tapping (in-die & off line), orbital peening (caulking), heat staking, riveting and intricate sub assemblies.
Our tool development capabilities include; progressive dies, checking fixtures, weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and dedicated machinery.
Tool & DIE Maker - Experienced
Position Summary-Tool and Die Maker
To utilize conventional machine shop equipment (milling machine, lathe, surface grinder) to fabricate parts for fixtures & tools (i.e. soldering fixtures, marking fixtures, assembly fixtures, cutting & bending dies, etc.) and machines to be used for production and engineering needs.
- Build dies, tools, fixtures, machines and parts.
- Troubleshoot and repair existing dies and production equipment.
- Operate standard machines and equipment (i.e. Milling Machine, Lathe, CNC Machine and Grinders)
- Preventive maintenance and record keeping of Machine Shop equipment.
- Provide support to Production by reworking equipment, machining parts.
- Make repairs of Company equipment as required.
- Work from drawings or verbal instructions.
- Obey detailed safety rules.
- Work in accordance with all Company procedures.
- Shut down any malfunctioning machine or equipment.
- Advise the Team Leader of any potential problems to avoid output delays.
- High School Diploma plus technical training on tool making.
- Minimum of 5 years on the job, recent experience as a Toolmaker
- Good knowledge of reading blueprints and CAD drawings
- Ability to read, write and orally communicate in English proficiently.
- Ability to function successfully in a team-oriented environment.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Must be a US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) due to ITAR compliance.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.Only local candidates will be considered.
To apply, please go to www.minicircuits.com and click on the “Careers” tab.
MINI-CIRCUITS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, GENDER, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, MARITAL, DISABILITY, VETERAN OR UNEMPLOYMENT STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AMNESTY, CITIZENSHIP, IMMIGRATION STATUS, OR ANY OTHER STATUS PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, REGULATIONS OR ORDINANCES, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Mini-Circuits sells our products to over 20,000 customers globally through our direct sales force, applications engineering staff, sales representatives, as well as through our extensive web site.
Tool And Die Maker
TitleTool and Die MakerEOE StatementCategoryManufacturingDescriptionJoin the exciting field of Advanced Manufacturing as a Tool and Die Maker at TDS Automation. As a Tool and Die Maker you will:Manufacture and build parts that are used and assembled into dies, jigs, fixtures and special projects/machines.Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, and jigs and fixtures.Study specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, and micrometers.Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathes, milling machine, boring mill, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.Interface with all levels of management, hourly team members and, as assigned, customers.Position RequirementsExpertise in blueprint reading.Proficiency in the use of precision measurement devices such as micrometers.Competency in shop mathematics, including trigonometric and algebraic functions.Basic knowledge of fluid power, electrical, and electronic systems.Advanced knowledge of machining/manufacturing processes, assembly procedures and mechanical functions.Skill in the use of personal computer applications relating to machine shop operations.Must possess working knowledge of:CNC controls.Heat treatment.Fluid power (hydraulic and pneumatic) and electrical systems.Must be willing to travel on an as required basis.Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-TimeShiftDaysKeywordsDivisionTDS AUTOMATION INCExempt/Non-ExemptNon-ExemptReq NumberMAN-17-00010LocationTDS Automation, Inc.About the OrganizationDoerfer Companies is a leading global supplier of process automation that solves the product manufacturing challenges of companies worldwide.
A series of strategic acquisitions and affiliations gives Doerfer nearly three centuries of innovation experience spanning across multiple divisions. This allows clients to benefit from a significant pool of intellectual capital that leverages experience from multiple industries to meet their needs.Doerfer was founded in 1961 to provide assembly automation and engineering services to the agricultural and metalworking industries. It has since grown to become the leading entity providing turnkey factory automation, press technology, tooling and automated guided vehicle technologies.These core competencies, applied to a diverse industry cross section, incorporate numerous advanced technological capabilities, including specialized expertise in the nuclear, specialty fibers and chemical industries.Doerfer manufactures large format hydraulic presses, ranging in size from 500 to 13,000 tons, for the aerospace, automotive, building products and transportation industries.Operating one of the largest tool and die facilities in the Southeast United States, as well as a facility in the Midwest, Doerfer serves the forming needs of customers in the aerospace, appliance, automotive and HVAC industries.Doerfer specializes in custom heavy capacity Automatic Guided Vehicle Systems with traditional wire or laser-guidance systems as well as inertial guidance technology.
In addition, Doerfer's proprietary Wheelift technology offers customers individual powered and controlled wheel modules that provide flexibility not previously available in moving very large payloads.This position is currently accepting applications.Doerfer Companies actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any oth
Press Room Tool & Die Maker
Company Introduction Kamtek is part of Cosma International, a division of Magna International. We are the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments - North America, Europe, and Rest of World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly. We have 315 manufacturing operations and 87 product development, engineering and sales centres in 29 countries on five continents as of Q1 2013. ##### Job Introduction The Press Tool & Die Maker (Class “A”) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of Class “A” tooling improvements and troubleshooting draw and surface issues along with advising and knowledge sharing with Class “A” Toolmakers, Press Line Supervisors and Press Line Lead Hands, and developing draw die recipe standards. The Press Tool & Die Maker will also train Tool & Die Apprentices in their Class “A” skill development. Expertise in formability, surface, dimensional, circle grid analysis, forming limit diagrams, and tornado line/character line quality maintenance is required. Along with these responsibilities, the Press Tool & Die Maker (Class “A”) will also build, fabricate, and repair dies, tooling, fixtures, and other components and troubleshoot production part quality issues as necessary to ensure the support of the plant production.
Follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures
Understanding of work-hardening in aluminum
Understanding of flange die radius requirements for flat hem and modified tope of aluminum panels
Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
Demonstrate expertise in Class “A” formability, thinning analysis, circle grid analysis, draw bead configuration, binder development punch opening changes and implement into tooling. * 100% spot of tornado/character line expertise
Proven ability of Class “A” punch finishing
Demonstrate expertise on Class “A” surface, punch finishing, fine spotting, trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
Demonstrate expertise on Class “A” dimensional changes, reading and interpretation of dimensional reports, understanding customer requirements and implementing surface dimensional changes.
Demonstrate expertise in Class “A” aluminum production, formability, trimming and maintenance on aluminum tools.
Services, maintains, and tests new or changed dies, capable of implementing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program on Class “A” tooling.
Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and follows up on PM and tracking sheets.
Capable to perform Class “A” die design reviews, direct tooling changes, and review A/B layouts for compatibility.
Understanding of draw die development including requirements for die tip, initial punch contact and spring back
Travel to outside toolshops for die buy-off duties
Experience in Class “A” Die build follow up and die buy-offs at suppliers.
Proficiently operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
Troubleshoots for problems during production on all production lines.
Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
Maintain good housekeeping practices.
Responsible for all in-house tooling, coordinating all new tooling equipment.
Responsible for interim and long-term problem solving involving tandem press line, dies, and press line automation.
Coordinating all customer engineering activities as it relates to tooling, engineering quotations, schedule change in die shop, follow up, tracking time used for cost-effectiveness, and record keeping for all such changes.
Responsible for working with customers on all product improvements and product concerns.
Lead and direct toolmakers on day-to-day work to be performed on tools.
Lead and direct Apprentices in Class “A” tooling skills development.
Promote good housekeeping
Perform all other duties as required
Knowledge and Education
A 4 Year apprentice trade certificate in Tool & Die making (or 8 years equivalent combination of education and experience in Class “A” tooling build and development.)
Experience as described
Work Experience BIW experience
Skills and Competencies COMMUNICATION SKILLS
The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply mechanical aptitude to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment Manufacturing Environment:
80% Standing, and walking * 20% Stooping, Kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, and balancing
Must be able to lift heavy loads (50 lbs) ##### Additional Information
Must successfully meet benchmark of skill evaluation
Must Participate in additional skill development program
Group:* Cosma International
Job Type:* Regular
Tool And Die Maker
- Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of die.
- Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout, and assembly operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining by other workers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions them for assembly on worktable or surface plate.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Verifies dimensions, clearances, and alignment of members and parts in die.
- Dowels and bolts parts together.
- Works to tolerances as close as 0.
- Fits and assembles cam operated mechanisms for lateral movement of part of die.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electric, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Experience with stamping dies
- CNC experience (G & M code)
- Milltronics and HAAS experience helpful
- Experience trouble shooting stamping tools
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker preferred
Apprentice Tool & Die Maker
Entry level Tool & Die Maker Apprentice, will train the selected candidate
Jewelry Tool And Die Maker
Jewelry Tool and Die Maker
The duties are as follows:
· Able to build and repair earring tool and transfer tooling
· Experience in hand made work for complex special orders
· Able to work with platinum and gold
· Able to make high quality handmade settings, handmade claps and intricate pieces
· Accept direction and instruction with a good positive attitude
· Four slide work is a plus
· Previous experience is required
The salary is up to $20.00 an hour based on experience
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!