Die Maker Stamping Job Description Sample
Tool & Die Maker Stamping
Performs the activities required to support toolmaking operations and to make tools required by performing all operations necessary to construct, develop, alter, fit, align, adjust, calibrate and repair tooling, experimental tooling, dies, gages, jigs and fixtures, special machines and equipment. (Except molding dies)
Work with maintenance personnel and Tool Build Technicians during the construction of special machines and equipment or Stamping tool builds to account for correct maintenance and repair of those machines and tools.
Responsible for supplying sketches to engineering, to enable drawings to be made of tooling or new special machines and equipment.
Must be capable of operating all toolroom machines and equipment related to the trade and instructing other toolmaker associates in their use.
Must be capable of independently producing tools from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to prescribed toolroom procedures, (i.e. deliverables). Communicates with tool designers, engineers, vendors, internal and external customers.
Perform basic support type tasks of various trades that can be completed safely.
Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Associates will be trained in and perform multiple work assignments. Summary of duties
Must be capable of trouble shooting and problem solving during tool repair process.
Notify Supervisor of issues that effect cost and timing.
Must be capable of measuring and machining parts to print tolerances.
Must be capable of expediting tool repairs within toolroom or with vendors.
Must be capable of adjusting schedules to react to changes in resources (personnel/equipment).
Notify Supervisor and/or Lead Person when necessary to replenish departmental supplies.
Assist in training other Tool and Die Maker personnel.
Perform other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Must be capable of independently producing tooling from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to proper toolroom methods (i.e. deliverables). Tools and equipment used:
Computers and printers, micrometer, calipers, scales, blueprints, comparator, ordinary standard gages, CMM, ordinary special gages, all department machinery, (including but not limited to):CNC machines, mills, lathes, grinding machines, drills, heat treating equipment, etc., reports, printouts, and forms. Various types of material handling equipment, including scales, power hand trucks, hand trucks, hand carts, etc., various hand tools, various containers including high boys, pans, bulk boxes, tubs, etc. Must have a journeyman card or 8 years of experience. STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Requistion Number: 2017-2923 Street: Milwaukee Shift: Second External Company Name: Strattec Security Corp. External Company URL: www.strattec.com
Tool & Die Makers - Progressive Stamping
Volt Workforce Solutions has partnered with a growing metal stamping company in the Chino, CA area who is seeking to identify an experienced Progressive Die Maker/Tooling specialist.
The ideal candidates need to have experience with the building, maintaining and repairing of progressive stamping dies and related tooling. Knowledge of machining processing using equipment such as; CNC Mills/Lathe, conventional mill/lathe and other tool room equipment. Experience with measuring devices, such as calipers and micrometers, is needed as well. Must have a manufacturing background and knowledge of machining processes and safety. This will be a 2nd shift position. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for high level Tool & Die making skills. Compensation will be based on overall knowledge and skills, determined through an interview process and the chosen candidates should have at least 5 years’ experience with any of these listed machines and job duties. THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE opportunity. Please submit most updated resume and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities of Tool & Die Makers include the following:
- Knows and understands the Tool & Die standards, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Studies specifications such as computer aided designs, part data, machine prints, models, and descriptions used to fabricate individual details.
- Working from engineered designs, the die maker computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, and grinder, to machine individual details, and verifies conformance of machined details to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Completes other tasks as needed in order to build conforming and functioning tools and dies.
- Tests completed tools and dies to ensure that they meet both Aranda Tooling and customer specifications.
Tool & Die Technician - Metal Stamping
Tool & Die Technician
- Metal Stamping
Location: Thermal/Acoustical, Inc., Hamptonville, NC
Company: Lydall Thermal/Acoustical, Inc. # of Openings:
Description Lydall, Inc. designs and manufactures specialty engineered filtration media, industrial thermal insulating solutions, automotive thermal and acoustical barriers, medical filtration media and devices and biopharmaceutical processing components for thermal/acoustical, filtration/separation and bio/medical applications. Lydall serves a number of markets with the majority of products sold to original equipment manufacturers and tier-one suppliers. The company's ~2200 employees serve customers via production operations in the U.S., France, Germany, The Netherlands, U.K. and China and sales offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. Lydall will generate nearly $500 million in revenue throughout the globe
- Metals Segment
The Thermal/Acoustical – Metals segment at http://www.lydallautomotive.com/ offers a full line of innovative engineered products to assist in noise and heat abatement within the transportation sector.Thermal/Acoustical Metals segment products are stamped metal composite constructions which provide thermal and acoustical shielding solutions for the global automotive and truck markets. Lydall’s flux TM product family of thermal solutions includes k flux TM dual-wall/fiber shields, which are mounted to high temperature surfaces in exhaust or engine systems, and durable, acoustically-transparent zeta flux TM shields for high-vibration applications. The Metals business segment employs approximately ~700 employees and with operations in the U.S., Germany, France, and China.
Job Summary: Responsible for overall repair and maintenance of blanking, trimming and forms dies (auto and hand-transfer).
Ensures safety in die repair area
Quality and adjustments to dies.
Build and repair dies, report any problems pertaining to dies.
Work with Machine Operators to resolve any issues with dies.
Order repair parts and maintain supplies.
Housekeeping. Other: + Serve as an active participant in LSS programs that promote continuous improvement + Must adhere to all company and location policies and safety rules + Must be able to work extended hours when required + All other duties as assigned Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited institution) .
High School graduate or equivalent.
5 years experience as a Journeyman Tool / Die Maker / Repair
Various Machining Equipment
Additional Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
(If a degree is required it must be from an accredited institution)
- Computer experience
Stamping Die Tuner
Stamping Die Tuner HIROTEC AMERICA is the world’s leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufacturers across the world. Currently, seeking a Stamping Die Tunerto become a part of the HIROTEC Team. Execution of stamping die modifications based on engineering requests within the prescribed time frame and quality requirements. Mentoring of additional team members as assigned by manager.
Knowledge and understanding of the HIROTEC Die process and philosophy.
Evaluate necessary changes to improve surface and dimensional issues of sheet metal panels as defined by stamping engineering.
Utilization of various trouble shooting techniques of stamping dies including split, wrinkle, spring back and distortion and implementation of necessary corrective actions.
Ability to communicate with internal die tryout team and internal engineering team on status including timing, quality, and progress of assigned dies.
Work skills include general understanding of die construction, general die disassembly / assembly, check line dies in spotting press, flame harden dies, panel nesting, die static and dynamic checks, welding, grinding / stoning / polishing, surface check in press and under lights, spotting, Class A surface adjustment, die set into press, press operation including tonnage and cushion adjustment, press maintenance, read engineering change request, inner / outer pad bearing adjustment, and dimensional review in checking fixture. The ideal candidate will have a one year certificate from college or technical school; or 6 months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of operating cranes and Hilo’s. HIROTEC AMERICA offers one of the most progressive benefit and compensation packages in our industry. Make the decision to join our team!
Metal Stamping Die Designer - Catia
Companies within Tooling Systems Group are hiring Metal Stamping Die Designers for second shift. Metal Stamping Die Designers are responsible to design stamping dies to required specifications. Qualified applicants will be familiar with Catia CAD software and be able to design blank, line, progressive, and transfer dies and have at least 5 years of experience. TSG offers a competitive compensation package.
- Catia CAD Software
- 3D Surfacing
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and discipline
- 5+ years of experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with a can-do attitude
CTS uses their design experience to accommodate a wide range of tooling orders for die builders throughout the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
Die Maintenance - Metal Stamping
DIE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS-METAL STAMPED AUTO PARTS -2nd shift - Plants located in Shelbyville, IN and Senatobia, MS
$20.00-28.43 Hour Depending on experience, plus overtime. Shift premium on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Competitive benefits and possible relocation assistance
I. JOB SUMMARY
To operate technical equipment in order to produce 100% quality parts with a minimum amount of downtime and waste in compliance with the Quality Management System and production requirements.
- Responsibilities include: Lathe work, Machining, and Welding (TIG and MIG).
- General repair of production machine parts to ensure proper operations.
- Sheet metal fabrication.
- Repaired gears, pulleys and shafts to keep machines operating correctly.
- Operated forklifts for various applications of work to include lifting and placement of dies in proper machinery.
- · Must understand and follow the work standards on all machines in the area.
- · Perform machine and quality checks as outlined in the work standards.
- · Must be able to set-up and change over machines as required including die and material changes.
- · Must be able to troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on the machines.
- · Maintain daily charts.
- · Maintain 5’S Standards
- · Maintain good communication with Team Leaders and other Team Members.
III. SCOPE OF JOB
- Requires involvement with related internal departments in order to maintain production targets.
- Certification and proper use of GNC Lock Out Tag Out Program required.
- Requires shift work and overtime.
- Requires teamwork and participation in Employee Involvement and the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Sometimes requires working with hazardous chemicals.
- Other duties as required.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to perform a proficient level of arithmetic in the form of charts and graphs and be able to interpret and analyze them.
- Must be able to use measuring instruments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate process/product problems.
- Must have basic mechanical skills.
- Refer to Physical Essential Job Function manual.
Progressive And Single Hit Stamping Press Operators / Die Setters
We are seeking a Single Hit Press operators and Automated Progressive stamping / Die Setters to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
1st Shift and 2nd shift positions available
$12 - $16 Hr to start
- Capable of using calipers, micrometers, radius gauges, gauge pins, plug wraps and other measuring tools as needed.
- Assembles and installs proper tooling.
- Progressive dies, Line Dies, Sets up single and double action presses, or trim equipment, to proper dimensions.
- Performs first-piece and in-process inspections.
- Supports other die setters, press operators or other production personnel whenever quality or production problems occur.
- Set-up and runs presses.
- Participates in continuous improvement processes.
- Participates as a member of the Manufacturing team.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures.
Skills & Competencies:
- Must have metal stamping experience.
- Must be able to properly use measuring instruments; micrometer, digital caliper, radius gauges, pin gauges, feeler gauges, Rockwell hardness tester, fixture go/no go gauges, etc.
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints and GD&T tolerance; and can interpret statistical data and product specifications.
- Proven organizational skills to prioritize and balance multiple projects and coordinate project timelines to ensure timely completion with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED level education preferred.
- One year in mechanical disciplines related to die setting, or one year die-setter experience preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in progressive die metal stamping industry preferred.
- Basic mechanical skills and abilities
- Understanding and interpretation of blueprints and drawings.
- Operation of all die-setter tools and measuring devices calipers and micrometers.
- Troubleshooting abilities; correct production problems identified by press operators and other die-setters.
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
The Tool Room:
• Is hiring due to GROWTH and new projects coming from many industries
• HAS OVERTIME
• HAS ADDED NEW TOOL ROOM EQUIPMENT
Our Company offers:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Full Time, O.T., 1st /2nd shift
• Group Health Care
• Paid Holidays, Vacation, 401(k) and Company Stock
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
• Die building or die repair experience with progressive metal stamping dies.
• Troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair dies.
• Hands-on experience or Apprenticeship completion.
• CNC / VMC / Wire EDM exp in a tool room or training/schooling.
Visit us at die-matic.com
Die Maker / Die Repair
Tier 1 automotive supplier is seeking an experienced Die Maker / Die Repair
- Maintain and repair current production
- New die construction
Candidates must have 5 years' experience with progressive dies, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Our manufacturing capabilities include; large metal stamping (600 ton), small and medium stamping (150 - 300 ton), resistant spot welding, robotic mig welding, tapping (in-die & off line), orbital peening (caulking), heat staking, riveting and intricate sub assemblies.
Our tool development capabilities include; progressive dies, checking fixtures, weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and dedicated machinery.
Tool And Die Maker Supervisor
Tool and Die Maker Supervisor Tool and Die Maker Supervisor
Supervision Experience, ProE, CNC milling machine operation, 5 yrs. min. tool and die exp, Stamping Since 1983, we have grown into a small privately owned world-class manufacturing facility. We are committed to total quality, 100% on-time delivery, excellent customer service, and competitive pricing. We design and manufacture stamping dies, prototypes, details, etc. We can handle your short or long run production stamping needs. Our modern industrial facility is equipped for efficiency in design, manufacture, assembly of components, and products handled and produced at our location. We serve the Automotive, medical, electronic, aerospace and other industries.If you are a Machine Shop Supervisor with experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing Supervisory experience Must have die experience Someone who can wear a lot of hats, as it is a small co., but you would rotate being in charge Work with a wide variety of materials including aluminum, brass, copper, steel, tool steels, stainless steels, and even some exotic materials. Designing, using ProE Be able to run CNC Mills, Wire EDM's, and stamping presses
What You Need for this Position More Than 5 Years of experience and knowledge of: -Must have DIE experience and stamping
Tool Design background in ProE
Know CNC milling machine operation
Know wire EDM (cuts steel precisely) - Good customer facing skills So, if you are a Tool and Die Maker Supervisor with experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Tool and Die Maker SupervisorCA-InglewoodLV1-1382403
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!