Die Maker Stamping Job Description Sample
Tool & Die Maker Stamping
Performs the activities required to support toolmaking operations and to make tools required by performing all operations necessary to construct, develop, alter, fit, align, adjust, calibrate and repair tooling, experimental tooling, dies, gages, jigs and fixtures, special machines and equipment. (Except molding dies)
Work with maintenance personnel and Tool Build Technicians during the construction of special machines and equipment or Stamping tool builds to account for correct maintenance and repair of those machines and tools.
Responsible for supplying sketches to engineering, to enable drawings to be made of tooling or new special machines and equipment.
Must be capable of operating all toolroom machines and equipment related to the trade and instructing other toolmaker associates in their use.
Must be capable of independently producing tools from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to prescribed toolroom procedures, (i.e. deliverables). Communicates with tool designers, engineers, vendors, internal and external customers.
Perform basic support type tasks of various trades that can be completed safely.
Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Associates will be trained in and perform multiple work assignments. Summary of duties
Must be capable of trouble shooting and problem solving during tool repair process.
Notify Supervisor of issues that effect cost and timing.
Must be capable of measuring and machining parts to print tolerances.
Must be capable of expediting tool repairs within toolroom or with vendors.
Must be capable of adjusting schedules to react to changes in resources (personnel/equipment).
Notify Supervisor and/or Lead Person when necessary to replenish departmental supplies.
Assist in training other Tool and Die Maker personnel.
Perform other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Must be capable of independently producing tooling from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to proper toolroom methods (i.e. deliverables). Tools and equipment used:
Computers and printers, micrometer, calipers, scales, blueprints, comparator, ordinary standard gages, CMM, ordinary special gages, all department machinery, (including but not limited to):CNC machines, mills, lathes, grinding machines, drills, heat treating equipment, etc., reports, printouts, and forms. Various types of material handling equipment, including scales, power hand trucks, hand trucks, hand carts, etc., various hand tools, various containers including high boys, pans, bulk boxes, tubs, etc. Must have a journeyman card or 8 years of experience. STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Requistion Number: 2017-2923 Street: Milwaukee Shift: Second External Company Name: Strattec Security Corp. External Company URL: www.strattec.com
Progressive And Single Hit Stamping Press Operators / Die Setters
We are seeking a Single Hit Press operators and Automated Progressive stamping / Die Setters to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
1st Shift and 2nd shift positions available
$12 - $16 Hr to start
- Capable of using calipers, micrometers, radius gauges, gauge pins, plug wraps and other measuring tools as needed.
- Assembles and installs proper tooling.
- Progressive dies, Line Dies, Sets up single and double action presses, or trim equipment, to proper dimensions.
- Performs first-piece and in-process inspections.
- Supports other die setters, press operators or other production personnel whenever quality or production problems occur.
- Set-up and runs presses.
- Participates in continuous improvement processes.
- Participates as a member of the Manufacturing team.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures.
Skills & Competencies:
- Must have metal stamping experience.
- Must be able to properly use measuring instruments; micrometer, digital caliper, radius gauges, pin gauges, feeler gauges, Rockwell hardness tester, fixture go/no go gauges, etc.
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints and GD&T tolerance; and can interpret statistical data and product specifications.
- Proven organizational skills to prioritize and balance multiple projects and coordinate project timelines to ensure timely completion with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED level education preferred.
- One year in mechanical disciplines related to die setting, or one year die-setter experience preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in progressive die metal stamping industry preferred.
- Basic mechanical skills and abilities
- Understanding and interpretation of blueprints and drawings.
- Operation of all die-setter tools and measuring devices calipers and micrometers.
- Troubleshooting abilities; correct production problems identified by press operators and other die-setters.
Stamping Die Project Manager
HIROTEC AMERICA is the world's leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufactures across the world. Currently, we are seeking to expand our Die Execution Business Unit.
The ideal candidate will hold the position of a Stamping Die Project Manager and will be responsible for reviewing project proposal and planning to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project. The individual will be the primary customer contact and have technical expertise for overall project management, including but not limited to tool process, design buy-off, and build integration of the project. Throughout the life of project, candidate will confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required. Prepare project reports for management, client, or others. In addition, candidate will work to continually strive to improve Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Safety (QDCS). Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
The position requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years related experience. Strong knowledge of automotive industry (closures/BIW- OEM preferred) and strong computer skills-Microsoft Office Products, technical aptitude with problem solving skills. Exceptional interpersonal/ communication skills, and must possess strong organizational skills, teamwork and leadership skills.
Ability to travel for service and installation, both nationally and internationally. Excellent work environment and benefits await you!
Metal Stamping Die Designer - Catia
Companies within Tooling Systems Group are hiring Metal Stamping Die Designers for second shift. Metal Stamping Die Designers are responsible to design stamping dies to required specifications. Qualified applicants will be familiar with Catia CAD software and be able to design blank, line, progressive, and transfer dies and have at least 5 years of experience. TSG offers a competitive compensation package.
- Catia CAD Software
- 3D Surfacing
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and discipline
- 5+ years of experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with a can-do attitude
CTS uses their design experience to accommodate a wide range of tooling orders for die builders throughout the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
Die Design Engineer- Metal Stamping
We are currently seeking an experienced Die Design Engineer for a Metal Stamping facility in Southern CA.
•Designs progressive dies, compound dies, and fixtures to be used in reliable and cost-effective stamping processes
•Ensures that newly developed tooling is functioning properly
•Utilizes best engineering practices, policies, and procedures, supports tooling and equipment development activities for new processes, products, and current production
•Develops and reviews the product documentation to facilitate tool design and ensure that the customer's technical needs will be met
•Documents and coordinates tool specifications for timely and accurate quoting
•Evaluates and develops tooling sources
Education and Experience:
•10 years’ experience with design of progressive dies preferred
•AA/BA degree in Engineering is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
•Knowledge of the set-up of the dies and set-up requirements
•Knowledge of all the processes used in the manufacturing of the dies
•Knowledge on how to define a problem to analyze and solve it.
•Experience with SolidWorks required. AutoCAD, Logopress a plus
Stamping Leader, Tool & Die Maker
STAMPING LEADER (PROTOTYPE) or TOOL & DIE MAKER
Days and Direct Hire
Dynamic, strong growth company is seeking a Stamping Leader. A skilled and experienced leader that can be given a sheet metal stamping print and give back a finished part up to larger stampings using 5-axis.
Must be able to read prints and have own tools. Prototype stamping experience is required.
Great company benefits in a fast-paced environment.
Salary range up to $35.00 p/h depending on skills and experience.
Tool And Die Maker 2Nd Shift
SRG is hiring for a Tool and Die Maker for JNM in Glasgow KY. This is for 2nd Shift. YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 5 YEARS OF STAMPING DIES AN AUTOMOTIVE PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT!
Pay Rate: $20.00 to $26.00
The Tool and Die Maker is primarily responsible for assisting in the tooling process as assigned, performing all the general functions of a Tool & Die Maker as listed below, while meeting the established customer requirements. This includes building, modifying, repairing and troubleshooting dies, tools, jigs and fixtures while working to very close tolerances from blueprints, sketches and samples. The Tool & Die Maker will also delegate work to apprentices and provide training as needed.
- Performs tool repair and construction tasks using personal tools and metal cutting machines and tools provided by the company based on direction from the Tool Room Manager using the provided stamping tool designs.
- Documents all the die/tooling suggestions and reports them to the Tool Room Manager to adjust in design.
- Brings the tool to the stage of tryout and, along with the tryout leader, commence the in- die press tryout process.
- Effectively communicates with all company personnel to function as a team player along with their apprentices.
- Completes anything that is required to support positive trending on the scorecard.
- Follows all company Health & Safety procedures.
- Seeks opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
- Trains new apprentices in the metal cutting and stamping die construction and assembly.
- Perform any other duties, as required.
- Educational Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Tool and Die Certification
- Work Experience Requirements
- Five (5) years’ experience building, servicing and improving stamping dies in an automotive production environment
- Good understanding of Algebra and Geometry
- Ability to read and understand product and tooling blueprints and GD&T
- Able to operate Tool Room equipment (lathe, grinding machine, milling machine, etc.) effectively and safely
Job Type: Full-time
Want to learn more about SRG? Please copy and paste the link below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynE71XbgmUo
Job Type: Full-time
Tool And Die Maker - Tool, Die, Maker, Progressive, Compound
Tool and Die Maker
Tool, Die, Maker, Progressive, Compound Tool and Die Maker
Tool, Die, Maker, Progressive, Compound
Tool Making, Die Making, Tool and Die Maintenance, Progressive Stamping Dies, Compound Stamping Dies, Injection Molds, CNC Machine Operation, Metal Work, Tool Repair, MasterCAM Based in Los Angeles, we are an internationally-renown precision component manufacturer. Demand from our customers has increased and we are now looking for two Tool and Die Makers to develop, cut, shape and form metal work pieces to specifications.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Competitive compensation package
Comprehensive benefits package including 401k match
Healthcare coverage for you and your family
What You Will Be Doing - Repair tools from blueprints.
Program CNC mill, high speed mill and EDM using MasterCam.
Work on all conventional machine tools.
Plan and layout operations to construct, alter and repair a wide variety of complicated tools, fixtures, and dies.
What You Need for this Position At Least 3 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Tool and Die Maintenance
CNC Machine Operation
Mastercam Strongly Preferred:
Progressive Stamping Dies
Compound Stamping Dies If you are a fit, apply now (Preferred - takes 5 min) or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Tool and Die Maker
- Tool, Die, Maker, Progressive, Compound* CA-Los AngelesDK1-TnDmkr-LA
Tool And Die Maker
Tottser-Iroquois in La Vergne, TN is seeking a Tool and Die Maker. Must be punctual, have a great attitude, the ability to work with minimal direction and be flexible in shifts. Competitive wages.
• Performs basic troubleshooting of tools on the line — production floor support
• Support manufacturing and engineering on new and existing product lines
• Works to close tolerances, ensuring quality workmanship on all tool, guages, and fixtures
• Makes recommendations to continuously improve the company’s equipment, tool guages, and fixtures
Minimum 3 years’ experience building/repairing metal stamping dies (Progressive, Blanking, Tandem & Transfer dies)
• Ideal candidate must be familiar with common trouble shooting and repair methods of stamping dies
• Experience welding common steel and tooling steel- required
• Ability to weld high strength steel, cast steel, and aluminum -desired
• Ability to operate tool room equipment (Mill, Lathes, Surface Grinders, etc.)
• Certified tool & die designation-desired
• Automotive experience- required
Note: This position is in Die Maintenance. Relocation is NOT covered. Only local candidates will be considered.
The owners of Tottser-Iroquois Industries bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to this latest venture. Coming from similar backgrounds where their fathers owned the metal stamping businesses they now run, both individuals began as apprentices in their fathers' companies.
Tool And Die Maker
- Studies blueprints of die and product, die models, templates, and prototype parts and visualizes shape, mechanical structure, and operation of die.
- Computes dimensions, plans machining, layout, and assembly operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining by other workers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions them for assembly on worktable or surface plate.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Verifies dimensions, clearances, and alignment of members and parts in die.
- Dowels and bolts parts together.
- Works to tolerances as close as 0.
- Fits and assembles cam operated mechanisms for lateral movement of part of die.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electric, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Experience with stamping dies
- CNC experience (G & M code)
- Milltronics and HAAS experience helpful
- Experience trouble shooting stamping tools
- Journeyman Tool and Die Maker preferred
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!