Die Maker Trim Job Description Sample
Die Maker Belvidere Assembly Plant Belvidere, IL 61008, US Job Type:Full Time Date Posted: July 1, 2017 Job ID: S340 ApplyRefer A FriendJoin Our Talent Network Share this job
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkedin
- Share by Mail Job Overview Die Makers are highly skilled employees responsible for producing dies, and specialized parts and devices used on manufacturing machines in an automotive manufacturing plant. The work requires practical skill and knowledge as a Die Maker to analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges and hand tools. The work may require interpreting specifications, blueprints, manufacturers’ manuals, sketches or similar documents. The candidate must have the ability to plan the sequence of operation and materials required according to knowledge of computer technology, such as computer aided design, CAD, or computer aided manufacturing, CAM, to design and create instructions for the manufacture tools. The candidate will be required to test and inspect the dies that are created to ensure that they are true to the original design and function properly. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve. Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Basic knowledge of mathematics, algebra and physics
Eight (8) years of documented experience as a Die Maker or Tool & Die Maker or a documented and verified U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate as a Die Maker or Tool & Die Maker
Experience as a Die Maker or Tool & Die Maker in a manufacturing environment
Ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to:
Work any shift and work overtime, including daily, weekends and holidays as required
Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating dies or assemblies
Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes and tolerances of assemblies, based upon specifications
Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, CNC Machines and grinders to cut, bore, grind or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
File, grind, shim and adjust different parts to properly fit them together
Fit and assemble parts to make, repair or modify dies, gauges and tools using machine tools and hand tools
Perform tests with completed dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary
Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity and defects
Lift, position and secure machine parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks or angle plates
Measure, mark and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes and rulers
Cut, shape and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rulers and hand tools
Design jigs, fixtures and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products
Select materials to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerances
Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly
- Perform incidental tasks as required to complete the larger task
Experience in welding Die Steel H-13, A1, Aluminum and other high strength steel.
Experience with Mig, Tig, and Stick welders and Acetylene Torch
Experience with weld repair of Die Steel inserts in both the shop environment and at the machine Relocation is not provided for this position. FCA is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends. Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Tool And Die Maker
Tool and Die Maker
LOGIN + 08-Oct-2017 to 31-Dec-2022 (EST)
Chesterfield, MI, USA
Based on Union Contract
Full Time Full Competitive Benefits Package Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets. TOOL AND DIE MAKER-The Tool and Die Maker analyzes specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, fit and assemble parts, sharpen cutting tools, make jigs and fixtures utilizing gauges and machinist hand tools. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, or assemblies
Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications
Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together
Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools
Conduct test runs with completed tools to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary
Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders
ift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises,v-blocks, or angle plates
Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, and rulers
Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools
Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products
Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly
Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per the 5S guidelines
Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor and managers REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
College certificates a plus
Minimum 1 year tool and die experience
Must pass tool room practical exam and math test
Must be able to accurately measure, using calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, etc.
Must be able to work with tight tolerances EOE- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apprentice Tool & Die Maker
Apprentice Tool & Die Maker (Haltom City)
We will train you on Mastercam and Solidworks!!! Some experience on CAM is helpful.
A Tool & Die Apprentice at National Door should have good experience on mills and learn to set up, program, and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling and routing machines, and grinders. Their purpose is to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces by performing the necessary steps according to drawings provided by the company's engineering department, or by their own development. Machinists are required to have sufficient experience or familiarity with the programs and equipment used by National Door to use them or to allow for easy training.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains continuity among co-working departments by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Familiarity with programming and using : Solidworks, AutoCAD, Mastercam
- Multicam and Fagor controlled mills and routing machines considered a plus.
- Required to use band saws, grinders, sanders, and buffers.
Vocational Training or experience preferred but will consider equivalent work or expertise. Must be familiar and comfortable with a variety of different machine tool types. Able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: Safe operation of machinery by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Create high quality thermoforming molds, extrusion dies, fixtures or other parts/equipment by machining of metallic and non-metallic material. Familiarity with machining operations such as milling, drilling, knurling, threading, grinding is also required. Must be able to read and understand drawings or sketches;
CNC operation is beneficial but is NOT required. Will train on Mastercam, Solidworks etc.
Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, algebra) are required.
Must be able to stand and walk throughout work day. Must be able to consistently lift 60 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique. Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts. Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity.
- Download and employment application at http://jobs.natdoor.com
- The form may be completed and saved onto your computer.
- COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FULLY! Incomplete applications will not be reviewed!
- Resumes without an application will not be reviewed.
- Email the application and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also fax applications to the fax number listed on the employment page.
National Door participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Press Room Tool & Die Maker
Company Introduction Kamtek is part of Cosma International, a division of Magna International. We are the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments - North America, Europe, and Rest of World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly. We have 315 manufacturing operations and 87 product development, engineering and sales centres in 29 countries on five continents as of Q1 2013. ##### Job Introduction The Press Tool & Die Maker (Class “A”) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of Class “A” tooling improvements and troubleshooting draw and surface issues along with advising and knowledge sharing with Class “A” Toolmakers, Press Line Supervisors and Press Line Lead Hands, and developing draw die recipe standards. The Press Tool & Die Maker will also train Tool & Die Apprentices in their Class “A” skill development. Expertise in formability, surface, dimensional, circle grid analysis, forming limit diagrams, and tornado line/character line quality maintenance is required. Along with these responsibilities, the Press Tool & Die Maker (Class “A”) will also build, fabricate, and repair dies, tooling, fixtures, and other components and troubleshoot production part quality issues as necessary to ensure the support of the plant production.
Follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures
Understanding of work-hardening in aluminum
Understanding of flange die radius requirements for flat hem and modified tope of aluminum panels
Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
Demonstrate expertise in Class “A” formability, thinning analysis, circle grid analysis, draw bead configuration, binder development punch opening changes and implement into tooling. * 100% spot of tornado/character line expertise
Proven ability of Class “A” punch finishing
Demonstrate expertise on Class “A” surface, punch finishing, fine spotting, trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
Demonstrate expertise on Class “A” dimensional changes, reading and interpretation of dimensional reports, understanding customer requirements and implementing surface dimensional changes.
Demonstrate expertise in Class “A” aluminum production, formability, trimming and maintenance on aluminum tools.
Services, maintains, and tests new or changed dies, capable of implementing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program on Class “A” tooling.
Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and follows up on PM and tracking sheets.
Capable to perform Class “A” die design reviews, direct tooling changes, and review A/B layouts for compatibility.
Understanding of draw die development including requirements for die tip, initial punch contact and spring back
Travel to outside toolshops for die buy-off duties
Experience in Class “A” Die build follow up and die buy-offs at suppliers.
Proficiently operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
Troubleshoots for problems during production on all production lines.
Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
Maintain good housekeeping practices.
Responsible for all in-house tooling, coordinating all new tooling equipment.
Responsible for interim and long-term problem solving involving tandem press line, dies, and press line automation.
Coordinating all customer engineering activities as it relates to tooling, engineering quotations, schedule change in die shop, follow up, tracking time used for cost-effectiveness, and record keeping for all such changes.
Responsible for working with customers on all product improvements and product concerns.
Lead and direct toolmakers on day-to-day work to be performed on tools.
Lead and direct Apprentices in Class “A” tooling skills development.
Promote good housekeeping
Perform all other duties as required
Knowledge and Education
A 4 Year apprentice trade certificate in Tool & Die making (or 8 years equivalent combination of education and experience in Class “A” tooling build and development.)
Experience as described
Work Experience BIW experience
Skills and Competencies COMMUNICATION SKILLS
The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply mechanical aptitude to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment Manufacturing Environment:
80% Standing, and walking * 20% Stooping, Kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, and balancing
Must be able to lift heavy loads (50 lbs) ##### Additional Information
Must successfully meet benchmark of skill evaluation
Must Participate in additional skill development program
Group:* Cosma International
Job Type:* Regular
Machinist / Tool & Die Maker 1St Shift
Title: Machinist / Tool & Die Maker 1st Shift
Job Function: Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group: Engineered Products and Solutions
Plan, layout and construct a variety of intricate, highly specialized tools, fixtures, dies, and gauges, and machining parts requiring high quality workmanship while holding to extremely close tolerances or close tolerances.
Building and repairing of all types, sizes and shapes of jigs, tools, fixtures, and dies
Direct, instruct, and train employees
Set up, operate, and program all tool room equipment
Make close tolerance parts per prints, sketches, samples, or verbal instructions
Perform hand fabrication as necessary
Troubleshoot production equipment making necessary repairs to put equipment back on line.
Fabricate or rework all types of tooling and dies with necessary support.
Weld as necessary
Make needed alterations, corrections, or modifications in tools.
Other duties as assigned
Requisition Number: 21962BR
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Skill & Competency
Must have proficient knowledge of mathematical equations and pass a functional test by a score of 70% or higher
Required to read and understand scales, protractors and dial calipers in order to take measurements
Required to read blueprints, tools, mapping and work orders
Required to read and interpret production orders and safety, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals
Must have basic knowledge of math, math equations, and use of various measuring instruments
Must work a full-time schedule and overtime as required
Vocational or Technical School training and CNC experience is preferred but not required
Must have basic computers skills
Must have problem solving skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work with others
Primary Location: MO-Washington
Minimum Education Required: High School or GED
Minimum Travel Required: None
High school diploma or GED + 2 years experience working in a tool and die shop is required
Must be 18 years of age or older
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Business Unit: Arconic Engineered Structures
Job Type: Experienced
Machinist/Tool & Die Repair/Tool & Die Maker - Aberdeen, MD Job
. Job Responsibilities: * Safely perform maintenance on equipment used in manufacturing steel products, as well as various auxiliary plant equipment, buildings and/or grounds.
Primarily responsible for maintaining continuous operation of rollform machines, presses, and packaging equipment; make appropriate machine adjustments and repairs in a timely manner.
Perform all work in a safe manner; utilize all safety equipment necessary for work to be performed including proper lock-out procedures, machine guarding, etc.
Perform visual quality inspections of parts and address issues/areas of improvement; recognize issues and take proper corrective actions needing little supervision.
Perform preventive maintenance and inspections of presses, air compressors, packaging equipment, glue machines, stamping presses, roll formers, etc.
Able to diagnose and repair issues with basic electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls systems.
Work from detail prints, schematics, samples, drawings, and/or verbal instructions.
Able to function as team member or leader and communicate with all levels of operation.
Safely utilize measuring equipment like electrical meters, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators.
Basic computer skills to accurately report maintenance work, parts used, and OSHA inspections using a computerized maintenance software program.
Operate various types of Mobile Equipment (Forklifts, Scissor Lifts, etc.) * Safely utilize hand tools and basic machine shop equipment band saw, drill press, pipe threader, cut-off saw, and other various tools.
Welding and part fabrication skills is a plus.
Assist in training with new employees and production team to make appropriate adjustments and replace certain tooling and machine parts. /Positions are on the off shifts/Job
* 3+ years of relevant work experience
Vocational, Community College, or Apprenticeship training
Ability to work to close tolerances
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Exposure to AutoCAD a plus .
Equal Opportunity Employer: *AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Mold Repair/Tool And Die Maker
Job Description: Summary Job Description Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Broken Bow Additional Locations Work Shift12 Hour Day Shift 5am-530 pm (United States of America) Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Tool & Die Maker
About Baxter Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fabricate, install, repair and rebuild a variety of machine tools and parts to support * operating capabilities of production and service equipment
Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements
Makes prototypes of newly designed product parts for testing and evaluation.
Skillfully fits parts and components to close tolerances requiring precise alignment and adjustment.
Inspects parts using measuring instruments.
Performs programming for editing on assigned equipment.
Troubleshoots advanced production problems.
Establishes fabrication procedures for new and difficult parts. May fabricate metal (and * other materials) parts for experimental or prototype equipment.
Decides layout, selection of material, procedures and machining methods.
May create special tools and fixtures for prototype and production work.
May design desktop drawings/models and programs (ex. ProE or CAD).
Perform other duties as assigned. Education and Experience High school 6 years relevant experience Ability to work from specification documents including blueprints, drawings, Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs on a routine basis. Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law
- Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy /Reasonable Accommodations/ // Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email toCorporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.comor call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Organization: Global Services
- Global Service Centers*
Title:Tool & Die Maker
Tool And Die Maker
Tool and Die Maker working in a union production and stamping plant; Responsibilities on prog and transfer dies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct test runs with completed dies in presses or in Die Room to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears and hand tools.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal to lay out machining, using instruments such as micrometers, scribes, and rulers.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Set up and operate conventional machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
Rua do Espido, , Portugal
Automotive and Parts Mfg
Sodecia is an industrial corporation operating worldwide as a full service supplier in the chassis, powertrain, and body in white commodities. As a partner of the world's major OEM's, Sodecia aims to deliver integrated product solutions to meet the highest demands of our customers, by constantly adding value to their challenges, exceeding their expectations and taking part in their success.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!