Die Maker Trim Job Description Sample
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Apprentice Tool & Die Maker
Apprentice Tool & Die Maker (Haltom City)
We will train you on Mastercam and Solidworks!!! Some experience on CAM is helpful.
A Tool & Die Apprentice at National Door should have good experience on mills and learn to set up, program, and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling and routing machines, and grinders. Their purpose is to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces by performing the necessary steps according to drawings provided by the company's engineering department, or by their own development. Machinists are required to have sufficient experience or familiarity with the programs and equipment used by National Door to use them or to allow for easy training.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains continuity among co-working departments by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Familiarity with programming and using : Solidworks, AutoCAD, Mastercam
- Multicam and Fagor controlled mills and routing machines considered a plus.
- Required to use band saws, grinders, sanders, and buffers.
Vocational Training or experience preferred but will consider equivalent work or expertise. Must be familiar and comfortable with a variety of different machine tool types. Able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: Safe operation of machinery by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Create high quality thermoforming molds, extrusion dies, fixtures or other parts/equipment by machining of metallic and non-metallic material. Familiarity with machining operations such as milling, drilling, knurling, threading, grinding is also required. Must be able to read and understand drawings or sketches;
CNC operation is beneficial but is NOT required. Will train on Mastercam, Solidworks etc.
Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, algebra) are required.
Must be able to stand and walk throughout work day. Must be able to consistently lift 60 lbs. from a floor or table position to chest high using a proper lifting technique. Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts. Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity.
- Download and employment application at http://jobs.natdoor.com
- The form may be completed and saved onto your computer.
- COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FULLY! Incomplete applications will not be reviewed!
- Resumes without an application will not be reviewed.
- Email the application and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also fax applications to the fax number listed on the employment page.
National Door participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Finish Carpenter - Trim Carpenter - Cabinet Maker
If you are on a mobile device select the "Read More" to the bottom right to finish loading this page. Kitchen Saver Custom Cabinet Renewal is seeking a detail oriented finish carpenter or wood worker with experience in remodeling to join growing organization. We are striving to become the nation’s #1 kitchen remodeler and we need talented carpenters to get us there. Job Responsibilities
Modify and Reface Kitchen Cabinets
Prep and Laminate Cabinet Exteriors
Installation of new doors and cabinet hardware
Install new countertops and reattach plumbing fixtures Who are we looking for?
Cabinet Makers Job Benefits Include + $80k per year potential
Year round Work
Company Truck and Tools Provided
Health, Dental and Vision Plans Available Candidates Must pass pre-employment drug screen and have a valid Driver's License Easily apply by uploading a resume or filling out our online application. An individual on our recruiting team reviews each and every resume that you submit. We currently have successful sales reps that have came from many different backgrounds. We have many other positions available as well that you can easily apply for. For More Information apply online today. EOE #CB ID: 2017-5750 External Company Name: Bath Saver External Company URL: http://www.bathsavercareers.com/
Tool & Die Maker
Due to vast growth Anchor Manufacturing Group, Inc. is currently seeking Tool & Die Repairmen for our 2nd & 3rd shifts with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- In press trouble shooting skills, Die protection, Preventative Maintenance, Continuous improvements on transfer, progressive & single hit dies
- Must have own tools.
Capable of building and assembling all sizes of progressive and single station dies for the auto and appliance industries.
Be capable of trouble shooting new and used tools along with skills to develop, try out and debug new tooling to become production ready.
Must demonstrate the ability to work independently on a daily basis
- Top pay for qualified applicants - generous premium for 2nd & 3rd shifts.
We offer a rich Health Insurance Program, Prescription, Dental, Life and Short Term Disability Insurance. A comprehensive Wellness Program is available and participation is encouraged. Anchor also offers a 401K program, along with a company match. We believe strongly in the development of our employees, therefore a Tuition Assistance Program is available.
Please send resume to: HRMail@anchor-mfg.com
Tool AND DIE Maker (3716)
PLEASE PROVIDE A COMPLETED RESUME
Tool & Die Maker
The Tool & Die Maker receives daily direction from the Engineering and Production Supervisor. The Tool Maker is responsible for making fixtures, repairing and set up dies and making tooling needed for daily production.
The Tool Maker must be experienced with a variety of machining lathes, bridge ports, surface grinder and jib bores.
Contribute to the efforts of the team in the assigned group to meet the daily goals in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity.
Contribute to efforts to maintain zero lost time accidents, both in the area and throughout the plant.
Drive and support efforts to maintain good housekeeping practices in both the assigned group and throughout the facility.
Be able to think outside the box and work without regular supervision.
Some experience in CNC machining, need to learn wire EDM.
Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications, blueprints and drawings, and perform good math calculations easily. Strong ability to read blue prints.
Must be familiar and comfortable with lathes, bridge ports and surface grinders.
Must have strong general mechanical skills.
Familiar with the use of micrometers, snap gauges or other tools for dimensional evaluation.
Knowledge in the following areas: assembly, machining, ability to read and understand drawings, quality control and safety.
Experience in working with a team in a diverse manufacturing environment. Three years’ experience preferred but will consider other applicants.
Effective verbal, written, and mathematical skills are required.
Must be able to walk and stand throughout an eight hour shift.
Must be able to consistently lift 25 lbs. from floor or table position to chest high using proper lifting technique.
Must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts.
Must demonstrate good hand/eye coordination. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity.
Strong math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide.
By understanding that staffing, training and retention are parts of an entire integral process, we have found great success in not just helping client and job candidates successfully grow their businesses or careers, but also in establishing long-term working relationships.
Confidential Retained Search
We are unable to work with anyone needing sponsorship now or in the future.
Tool And Die Maker
Interpret highly technical electronic and written blueprints, models, and specifications to produce tools, dies, progressive dies, and special devices used on manufacturing machines to mass-produce metal parts, primarily in metal stamping. Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools.
This is a 1st shift position 7:00AM-5:30PM Monday through Friday and 7:00AM-12:00PM Saturdays.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Set up and operate various machine tools to make or repair; tools, dies, fixtures, jigs, and gauges.
File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
Setup and operate grinders, drills, mills, lathes and various hand tools.
Check and inspect die for wear and maintenance issues. Evaluate problems and implement solutions to resolve issues.
Operate overhead crane, jib crane, die lifter and related material handling equipment to lift, move, and position, and secure dies in presses or onto worktables.
Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Role that this position reports to:
Tool Room Supervisor
High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of experience as a Tool and Die Maker.
High degree of accuracy
Advanced math skills including calculation of feeds, speeds and distances, print conversion and geometry.
Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
Proficiency with a variety of measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.).
- Good communication skills including the ability to receive and give oral and written instruction.
- Organizational skills to optimize output by planning and scheduling time and work.
Tool And Die Maker
Tool and Die Maker
LOGIN + 08-Oct-2017 to 31-Dec-2017 (EST)
Chesterfield, MI, USA
Based on Union Contract
Full Time Full Competitive Benefits Package Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job Founded in 1925, MacLean-Fogg is a worldwide enterprise currently operating 40 global manufacturing facilities across 5 continents with annual sales in excess of one billion (USD) and a workforce of over 4,000 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA and is comprised of two primary businesses, MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions and MacLean Power Systems. MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS) is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. MacLean Power Systems (MPS) is a leading manufacturer of products for electric utility, telecommunications and civil markets. TOOL AND DIE MAKER-The Tool and Die Maker analyzes specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, fit and assemble parts, sharpen cutting tools, make jigs and fixtures utilizing gauges and machinist hand tools. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, or assemblies
Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications
Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together
Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools
Conduct test runs with completed tools to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary
Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders
ift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises,v-blocks, or angle plates
Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, and rulers
Cut, shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules, and hand tools
Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products
Set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly
Responsible for keeping and sustaining a clean, orderly, and safe work area per the 5S guidelines
Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor and managers REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
College certificates a plus
Minimum 1 year tool and die experience
Must pass tool room practical exam and math test
Must be able to accurately measure, using calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, etc.
Must be able to work with tight tolerances EOE- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Tool And Die Maker
Tool and die repair person needed for busy Northeastern PA electrical products manufacturer.
Journeyman Tool & Die Maker / Team Leader - Afternoon Shift
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Ability to troubleshoot progressive tooling problems and recommend solutions
- Ensure tooling is able to produce parts to print requirements
- Maintain inventory of perishable tooling, springs, fasteners and supplies in the T&D area
- Must make recommendations to continuously improve the company's equipment, tool gages and fixtures
- Must make sure tools are sharpened and tools are in good working condition before putting away
- Must repair or request replacement parts as needed
- Provide training and support to less experienced tool makers
- 5S experience in maintaining a clean and organized work area
- Verbal communications and interpersonal skills a must
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to make effective decisions in an expedient manner
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of customer engineering specifications
- Willingness to work flexible hours to meet customer expectations
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to read and write English
- Other duties as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum 12 months of machine tool technology training or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years' experience with metal stamping dies
- Experience welding common steel and tooling steel is required
- Ability to operate tool room equipment (Mills, Lathes, Surface Grinders, etc.)
- Automotive stamping experience is preferred
- Must be able to read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices to make or modify existing tooling
- Must perform complex machine work involved with the manufacture of gauging, fixtures and tooling to support manufacturing and engineering functions
- Ability to troubleshoot progressive dies in a manufacturing environment
- Must work to close tolerances ensuring quality workmanship on all tool, gages and fixtures
- Must work closely with Engineering to ensure all equipment builds are built to exact specifications
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must have excellent attitude and attendance while being a team player and have excellent organizational skills
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
Tool And Die Maker
The Press Tool & Die Maker (Class “A”) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of Class “A” tooling improvements and troubleshooting draw and surface issues along with advising and knowledge sharing with Class “A” Toolmakers, Press Line Supervisors and Press Line Lead Hands, and developing draw die recipe standards. The Press Tool & Die Maker will also train Tool & Die Apprentices in their Class “A” skill development. Expertise in formability, surface, dimensional, circle grid analysis, forming limit diagrams, and tornado line/character line quality maintenance is required. Along with these responsibilities, the Press Tool & Die Maker (Class “A”) will also build, fabricate, and repair dies, tooling, fixtures, and other components and troubleshoot production part quality issues as necessary to ensure the support of the plant production.
• Follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures
• Understanding of work-hardening in aluminum
• Understanding of flange die radius requirements for flat hem and modified tope of aluminum panels
• Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
• Demonstrate expertise in Class “A” formability, thinning analysis, circle grid analysis, draw bead configuration, binder development punch opening changes and implement into tooling.
• 100% spot of tornado/character line expertise
• Proven ability of Class “A” punch finishing
• Demonstrate expertise on Class “A” surface, punch finishing, fine spotting, trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
• Demonstrate expertise on Class “A” dimensional changes, reading and interpretation of dimensional reports, understanding customer requirements and implementing surface dimensional changes.
• Demonstrate expertise in Class “A” aluminum production, formability, trimming and maintenance on aluminum tools.
• Services, maintains, and tests new or changed dies, capable of implementing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program on Class “A” tooling.
• Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and follows up on PM and tracking sheets.
• Capable to perform Class “A” die design reviews, direct tooling changes, and review A/B layouts for compatibility.
• Understanding of draw die development including requirements for die tip, initial punch contact and spring back
• Travel to outside toolshops for die buy-off duties
• Experience in Class “A” Die build follow up and die buy-offs at suppliers.
• Proficiently operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
• Troubleshoots for problems during production on all production lines.
• Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices.
• Responsible for all in-house tooling, coordinating all new tooling equipment.
• Responsible for interim and long-term problem solving involving tandem press line, dies, and press line automation.
• Coordinating all customer engineering activities as it relates to tooling, engineering quotations, schedule change in die shop, follow up, tracking time used for cost-effectiveness, and record keeping for all such changes.
• Responsible for working with customers on all product improvements and product concerns.
• Lead and direct toolmakers on day-to-day work to be performed on tools.
• Lead and direct Apprentices in Class “A” tooling skills development.
• Promote good housekeeping
• Perform all other duties as required
• A 4 Year apprentice trade certificate in Tool & Die making (or 8 years equivalent combination of education and experience in Class “A” tooling build and development.)
• Experience as described
The Onin Group is a Birmingham-based, privately held group of companies focused on people. Our core business is staffing, where we are among the top two percent of domestic staffing companies in sales volume and rank as one of SIA's fastest growing largest staffing firms year after year. Onin Staffing is ranked #17 on SIA's list of Largest Industrial Staffing Firms in the US.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!