Die Maker Wire Drawing Job Description Sample
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
The Tool Room:
• Is hiring due to GROWTH and new projects coming from many industries
• HAS OVERTIME
• HAS ADDED NEW TOOL ROOM EQUIPMENT
Our Company offers:
• A competitive hourly rate
• Full Time, O.T., 1st /2nd shift
• Group Health Care
• Paid Holidays, Vacation, 401(k) and Company Stock
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
• Die building or die repair experience with progressive metal stamping dies.
• Troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair dies.
• Hands-on experience or Apprenticeship completion.
• CNC / VMC / Wire EDM exp in a tool room or training/schooling.
Visit us at die-matic.com
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Tool And Die Maker Supervisor
Tool and Die Maker Supervisor Tool and Die Maker Supervisor
Supervision Experience, ProE, CNC milling machine operation, 5 yrs. min. tool and die exp, Stamping Since 1983, we have grown into a small privately owned world-class manufacturing facility. We are committed to total quality, 100% on-time delivery, excellent customer service, and competitive pricing. We design and manufacture stamping dies, prototypes, details, etc. We can handle your short or long run production stamping needs. Our modern industrial facility is equipped for efficiency in design, manufacture, assembly of components, and products handled and produced at our location. We serve the Automotive, medical, electronic, aerospace and other industries.If you are a Machine Shop Supervisor with experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing Supervisory experience Must have die experience Someone who can wear a lot of hats, as it is a small co., but you would rotate being in charge Work with a wide variety of materials including aluminum, brass, copper, steel, tool steels, stainless steels, and even some exotic materials. Designing, using ProE Be able to run CNC Mills, Wire EDM's, and stamping presses
What You Need for this Position More Than 5 Years of experience and knowledge of: -Must have DIE experience and stamping
Tool Design background in ProE
Know CNC milling machine operation
Know wire EDM (cuts steel precisely) - Good customer facing skills So, if you are a Tool and Die Maker Supervisor with experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Tool and Die Maker SupervisorCA-InglewoodLV1-1382403
Tool And Die Maker
TitleTool and Die MakerEOE StatementCategoryManufacturingDescriptionJoin the exciting field of Advanced Manufacturing as a Tool and Die Maker at TDS Automation. As a Tool and Die Maker you will:Manufacture and build parts that are used and assembled into dies, jigs, fixtures and special projects/machines.Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, and jigs and fixtures.Study specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, and micrometers.Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathes, milling machine, boring mill, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.Interface with all levels of management, hourly team members and, as assigned, customers.Position RequirementsExpertise in blueprint reading.Proficiency in the use of precision measurement devices such as micrometers.Competency in shop mathematics, including trigonometric and algebraic functions.Basic knowledge of fluid power, electrical, and electronic systems.Advanced knowledge of machining/manufacturing processes, assembly procedures and mechanical functions.Skill in the use of personal computer applications relating to machine shop operations.Must possess working knowledge of:CNC controls.Heat treatment.Fluid power (hydraulic and pneumatic) and electrical systems.Must be willing to travel on an as required basis.Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-TimeShiftDaysKeywordsDivisionTDS AUTOMATION INCExempt/Non-ExemptNon-ExemptReq NumberMAN-17-00010LocationTDS Automation, Inc.About the OrganizationDoerfer Companies is a leading global supplier of process automation that solves the product manufacturing challenges of companies worldwide.
A series of strategic acquisitions and affiliations gives Doerfer nearly three centuries of innovation experience spanning across multiple divisions. This allows clients to benefit from a significant pool of intellectual capital that leverages experience from multiple industries to meet their needs.Doerfer was founded in 1961 to provide assembly automation and engineering services to the agricultural and metalworking industries. It has since grown to become the leading entity providing turnkey factory automation, press technology, tooling and automated guided vehicle technologies.These core competencies, applied to a diverse industry cross section, incorporate numerous advanced technological capabilities, including specialized expertise in the nuclear, specialty fibers and chemical industries.Doerfer manufactures large format hydraulic presses, ranging in size from 500 to 13,000 tons, for the aerospace, automotive, building products and transportation industries.Operating one of the largest tool and die facilities in the Southeast United States, as well as a facility in the Midwest, Doerfer serves the forming needs of customers in the aerospace, appliance, automotive and HVAC industries.Doerfer specializes in custom heavy capacity Automatic Guided Vehicle Systems with traditional wire or laser-guidance systems as well as inertial guidance technology.
In addition, Doerfer's proprietary Wheelift technology offers customers individual powered and controlled wheel modules that provide flexibility not previously available in moving very large payloads.This position is currently accepting applications.Doerfer Companies actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any oth
Tool & Die Maker
Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America. At GAF, we’ve built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we’ve got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it’s in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed. If you’re turned on by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you. Tool & Die Maker - $27.23-$30.51 Responsibilities will include:
Layout, construct, alter and repair a variety of tools, metal stamping dies, jigs, fixtures, and gauges to close tolerances.
Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
Develop and design new tools and dies using computer-aided design software, Mastercam experience is a plus.
Select materials to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness, durability, and application.
Set-up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, grinders and Wire EDM machines, to produce parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
Have a good working knowledge of a variety of progressive dies with a strong ability to troubleshoot.
Must perform well in a team-centered Safety First Environment.
HS Diploma with 5 years of manufacturing experience and a completed Apprenticeship Certification. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V. Requisition ID: 5488
Tool & Die Maker Die Casting
To maintain and troubleshoot dies in-house to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products. Also responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
1)Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2)Understand and promote companies.
3)Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity
4)Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
5)Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date.
6)Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
7)Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments.
8)Troubleshoots for problems during production.
9)Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
10)Tryout of new die sets and tooling.
11)Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
12)Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
13)Sound understanding and knowledge of Die Casting Operations and Quality procedures
14)Assist in determining spare parts requirements
15)Maintain accurate documentation
16) Train operators and new employees
17) Recommend modifications to existing equipment
18) Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments
19) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
20) Ensure quality product and know quality procedures
21) Perform die changes
22) Perform troubleshoot of tooling (in or out of the presses)
23) Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
24) Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures
25) Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
26) Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility
OTHER: Journeyman certification is preferred: general knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding, but not required; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
Minimum of 4 years experience - Tool & Die background in a manufacturing environment; journeyman experience preferred, job shop, hands on; Die Casting background. Welding experience, die construction, basic machining (milling, grinding, turning), sharpening cutting edges, reworking form steels, tig welding, mig welding, arc weld
Skills and Competencies
•Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools
•Ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
•Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills
•Ability to problem solve and troubleshooting in Press
•Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
•Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
•Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
•Trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
•Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed
•Must possess knowledge of casting processes
•Willingness to adapt to change and learn
Tool & Die Maker
- Looking for experienced journeyman tool & die maker to help build new tooling and maintain current tooling in a production metal stamping company.
- Ability to work on your own and be self directed is beneficial.
- Ability to sharpen and maintain existing tooling and troubleshoot dies in the pressroom when necessary.
- Construct components from drawings and prepare for heat treat, wire cut, machining, etc.
Within our 74,000 sq. ft facility, we have over 40 stamping presses ranging from 20 tons up to 400 tons with the majority of presses being in the 100-200 ton range. We also have several four slide and multi-slide machines and 2 robotic welding stations.
We have our own tool room equipped with Wire EDM, and CNC machining center.
We stamp, weld, fabricate machine, and assemble a variety of types and shapes of material including steel coils, strips, tubing, bar and round stock.
Tool And Die Maker
Construct and repair metal stamping dies using CNC mills, grinders and wire EDM. Program and operate CNC mills and wire EDM. Must be able to read detailed blueprints. Tool design experience helpful.
Die Maker / Die Repair
Tier 1 automotive supplier is seeking an experienced Die Maker / Die Repair
- Maintain and repair current production
- New die construction
Candidates must have 5 years' experience with progressive dies, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Our manufacturing capabilities include; large metal stamping (600 ton), small and medium stamping (150 - 300 ton), resistant spot welding, robotic mig welding, tapping (in-die & off line), orbital peening (caulking), heat staking, riveting and intricate sub assemblies.
Our tool development capabilities include; progressive dies, checking fixtures, weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and dedicated machinery.
Tool & Die Maker
Tool & Die Maker – Macomb Township, MI – Days and Direct Hire
Prototype sheet metal manufacturer for the automotive industry is seeking a Tool & Die stamping leader. Experienced person needed that can take a sheet metal stamping print from beginning to a completed part. Experience performing larger stampings using 5-axis equipment. Prototype stamping experience is required. Great company benefits in a fast paced environment. Salary range up to $35.00 p/h depending on skills and experience.
CONTACT: Stu MacBeth at (810) 796-2345
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!