Die Maker Wire Drawing Job Description Sample
Tool & Die Maker
The primary role of the Tool and Die Maker position is to build high quality progressive and single hit metal stamping dies to close tolerances in order to produce a quality part that meets drawing specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interpret blueprints and use necessary tools and measuring equipment to fabricate, repair, sharpen or modify new or existing tooling
- Fabricate and assemble various fixtures and templates.
- Diagnose die and fixture problems and make necessary repairs.
- Participate in the tool and fixture design process discussions.
- Safely and proficiently operate all toolroom equipment, including surface grinders, milling machines, lathes, brake, shear, drills.
- Work to close tolerance detail drawings and to collaborate with CNC and WEDM departments to produce needed die components and tooling within the quoted times.
- Submit requisitions for supplies as needed and to maintain a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Capable of troubleshooting dimensional issues and adjusting for optimal run conditions in press to support production schedule.
- Regular and reliable attendance in the office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at our corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Two year associates degree in a related field is preferred.
Five or more years related experience and/or training as a Tool and Die Maker is required.
Journey Tool and Die Maker Certificate is preferred, but not required.
- Mig and tig welding skills are a plus.
- Working knowledge of quality inspection gauges and CMM data is required.
- Experience in the area of die protection systems and tool coatings are a plus.
- The ability to program and operate a CNC milling center or a wire EDM is a plus.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Proven history of a good work performance, reliability, and attendance.
- Strong time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strives for continuous improvement and has a team-based mindset.
- Positive, collaborative, and open-minded attitude.
- Self-motivated, responsible and requires minimal direction.
- Ability to apply good judgment and make decisions independently.
- Effective professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Can represent themselves, the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with office and factory team members.
The hours for this position are 5:45am - 4:15pm, Monday through Thursday.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen, physical and background check required upon hire.
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Tool & Die Maker
Summary & Objective:
The tool and die maker uses appropriate equipment such as surface grinders, wire EDM, manual and computer numerical control (CNC) lathes and mills, horizontal and vertical band saws, and other various miscellaneous machining equipment to build and repair tooling and fixturing required to manufacture parts in accordance with customer-provide drawings and specifications. This team member is required to clearly and effectively communicate with other team members to ensure that tooling-related activities are prioritized so as to assist the company meet its stated quality and on-time delivery objectives.
Responsible for the proper set-up of both manual and CNC machining equipment for the completion of tasks associated with the manufacture and maintenance of tooling.
Regularly performs designing, milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing, grinding, sanding, heat-treating, assembly, and other various tooling-related operations.
Perform prescribed preventive maintenance on machines as required per the preventive maintenance schedules.
Completes and maintains documentation associated with production of tooling and/or production (i.e. shop traveler, process control chart, etc.).
Must use necessary measuring devices to make new, or modify existing, tooling for the manufacture of parts.
Maintain strict adherence to the company’s ISO 9001:2008 quality management system requirements and ensure proper completion of any and all documentation associated with the production realization process (i.e. shop traveler, process control chart, etc.).
Requires the use of hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screw drivers, etc.) and measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, scales, etc.) expected to be either provided by or purchased by the team member.
Actively participate in departmental meetings.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Additionally, the noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, knelling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The team member must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds in weight. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Standard Work Hours:
This is a full-time position. Days and standard hours of work are Monday through Thursday 6:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Overtime Work Hours:
Production schedule demands may periodically necessitate overtime. The days and hours of overtime work are Friday 6:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. and Saturday 6:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
No travel is expected with this position.
Educational and Experience Requirement:
Minimum of three (3) years of similar tooling manufacturing and maintenance experience.
Educational and Experience Preference:
Five (5) years of similar tooling manufacturing and maintenance experience.
None required for this position.
Please note this team member position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Precision Tool & Die Maker
Works independently following approved work instructions in the creation of high quality tooling and fixtures for the production of ceramic parts.
Analyzes, plans, sets up and performs all machine and bench operations necessary to make, alter, or repair complex tools; (i.e. compaction tools, jigs, fixtures, dies, injection molds or gauges of complex designs).
Operates Manual and CNC lathes and mills, grinders/Jig grinders and Sinter and Wire EDM, in the production of complex compaction tooling, fixtures, and specialty cutters.
Reads and understands complex/ complicated blueprints and diagrams, hand finishes and fits tooling (i.e. hand-radiusing) to close tolerances (.0002” range) for the creation of current or new tooling fixtures.
Programs minimum of three axis CNC machines.
Utilizes all types of handheld measurement devices such as micrometers and calipers as well as more technical equipment such as a CMM.
Maintains competency in state of the art machine programming technology.
May maintain departmental tooling inventory as required.
Provides training/ cross-training in equipment and process operations as required ensuring compliance of quality and safety standards.
Assists engineering or other technical personnel in the design of new systems, processes, products, or equipment by working on segments of development projects either independently or in a team setting as required.
May act as ‘go-to’ person in the absence of team lead or supervisor when assistance with procedures, equipment or information is needed.
Assists and/or performs in any and all areas as assigned.
- May work any and all shifts/days as required.
High School diploma or equivalent plus 5 years applicable experience. Experience:
Minimum 2 years relevant experience Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must have working knowledge of tool steels and carbides.
Familiar with geometric tolerancing and dimensioning (GD&T)
May need to have knowledge of CAD/CAM software.
Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. CTKJob$ Requisition Number : 2017-7831 Job Shift: Day External Company Name: CoorsTek External Company URL: www.coorstek.com
Tool And Die Maker
TitleTool and Die MakerEOE StatementCategoryManufacturingDescriptionJoin the exciting field of Advanced Manufacturing as a Tool and Die Maker at TDS Automation. As a Tool and Die Maker you will:Manufacture and build parts that are used and assembled into dies, jigs, fixtures and special projects/machines.Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, and jigs and fixtures.Study specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances, using measuring instruments, such as dial indicators, gauge blocks, thickness gauges, and micrometers.Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathes, milling machine, boring mill, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.Interface with all levels of management, hourly team members and, as assigned, customers.Position RequirementsExpertise in blueprint reading.Proficiency in the use of precision measurement devices such as micrometers.Competency in shop mathematics, including trigonometric and algebraic functions.Basic knowledge of fluid power, electrical, and electronic systems.Advanced knowledge of machining/manufacturing processes, assembly procedures and mechanical functions.Skill in the use of personal computer applications relating to machine shop operations.Must possess working knowledge of:CNC controls.Heat treatment.Fluid power (hydraulic and pneumatic) and electrical systems.Must be willing to travel on an as required basis.Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-TimeShiftDaysKeywordsDivisionTDS AUTOMATION INCExempt/Non-ExemptNon-ExemptReq NumberMAN-17-00010LocationTDS Automation, Inc.About the OrganizationDoerfer Companies is a leading global supplier of process automation that solves the product manufacturing challenges of companies worldwide.
A series of strategic acquisitions and affiliations gives Doerfer nearly three centuries of innovation experience spanning across multiple divisions. This allows clients to benefit from a significant pool of intellectual capital that leverages experience from multiple industries to meet their needs.Doerfer was founded in 1961 to provide assembly automation and engineering services to the agricultural and metalworking industries. It has since grown to become the leading entity providing turnkey factory automation, press technology, tooling and automated guided vehicle technologies.These core competencies, applied to a diverse industry cross section, incorporate numerous advanced technological capabilities, including specialized expertise in the nuclear, specialty fibers and chemical industries.Doerfer manufactures large format hydraulic presses, ranging in size from 500 to 13,000 tons, for the aerospace, automotive, building products and transportation industries.Operating one of the largest tool and die facilities in the Southeast United States, as well as a facility in the Midwest, Doerfer serves the forming needs of customers in the aerospace, appliance, automotive and HVAC industries.Doerfer specializes in custom heavy capacity Automatic Guided Vehicle Systems with traditional wire or laser-guidance systems as well as inertial guidance technology.
In addition, Doerfer's proprietary Wheelift technology offers customers individual powered and controlled wheel modules that provide flexibility not previously available in moving very large payloads.This position is currently accepting applications.Doerfer Companies actively seeks to enhance diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity or expression, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any oth
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
Our Company offers:
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
EDM Machine Operator - Tool And Die Maker
EDM Machine Operator
- Tool and Die Maker easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$1 - $45,000 per year
date posted:Friday, December 29, 2017
questions:email@example.com easy apply
apply with indeed
Program, set up, and operate Wire EDM machines
Inspect parts produced
- Perform routine machine maintenance Working hours: 1st shift
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Perform the four basic arithmetic operations with coins as part of a dollar. Perform operations with units such as cup, pint, and quart; inch, foot, and yard; and ounce and pound. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables in or from these situations encountered on the job. Computer
-When applicable ability to ready computerized panels and/or operator a handheld electronic device. Other
This position requires specific knowledge in the following areas to be successful: --Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. --3-5 years experience in EDM Machine Operating Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$1 - $45,000 per year
date posted:Friday, December 29, 2017
Tool & Die Maker
Overall Job Summary
Machinist is responsible for inspecting, repairing & building of the various stamping dies used on a daily basis. Individual will use a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, CNC equipment & drill presses in order to ensure that dies produce a quality precision nonmetallic part.
- Inspect & repair dies used in Stamping Department
- Build new dies
- Operate and use standard equipment
- Mills, Grinders, Lathes, Drill Presses
- Measuring equipment
- Exercise judgment on completing required machining tasks necessary to produce parts to specification and meet delivery dates of parts.
- Assist maintenance in repairs as needed
Qualifications / Requirements
- Knowledge of stamping dies
- Able to operate mills, grinders, lathes, drill presses & CNC machines
- Understand blueprints
- Team Oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Prefer experience with Auto CAD & or Wire EDM
- Experience – 4 years apprenticeship or 5+ years experience
•* Flame Resistant Glass Polyester (FRP) Sheet
•* High Temperature Flexible Insulation
•* Die-cut and Fabricated Parts
•* Slitting and Custom Converting
Tool & Die Maker Die Casting
To maintain and troubleshoot dies in-house to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products. Also responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs.
1)Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
2)Understand and promote companies.
3)Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity
4)Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
5)Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date.
6)Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment.
7)Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments.
8)Troubleshoots for problems during production.
9)Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes.
10)Tryout of new die sets and tooling.
11)Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
12)Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
13)Sound understanding and knowledge of Die Casting Operations and Quality procedures
14)Assist in determining spare parts requirements
15)Maintain accurate documentation
16) Train operators and new employees
17) Recommend modifications to existing equipment
18) Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments
19) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
20) Ensure quality product and know quality procedures
21) Perform die changes
22) Perform troubleshoot of tooling (in or out of the presses)
23) Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
24) Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures
25) Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
26) Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility
OTHER: Journeyman certification is preferred: general knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding, but not required; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
Minimum of 4 years experience - Tool & Die background in a manufacturing environment; journeyman experience preferred, job shop, hands on; Die Casting background. Welding experience, die construction, basic machining (milling, grinding, turning), sharpening cutting edges, reworking form steels, tig welding, mig welding, arc weld
Skills and Competencies
•Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools
•Ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
•Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills
•Ability to problem solve and troubleshooting in Press
•Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
•Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
•Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
•Trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
•Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed
•Must possess knowledge of casting processes
•Willingness to adapt to change and learn
Tool & Die Maker
About Baxter Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fabricate, install, repair and rebuild a variety of machine tools and parts to support * operating capabilities of production and service equipment
Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements
Makes prototypes of newly designed product parts for testing and evaluation.
Skillfully fits parts and components to close tolerances requiring precise alignment and adjustment.
Inspects parts using measuring instruments.
Performs programming for editing on assigned equipment.
Troubleshoots advanced production problems.
Establishes fabrication procedures for new and difficult parts. May fabricate metal (and * other materials) parts for experimental or prototype equipment.
Decides layout, selection of material, procedures and machining methods.
May create special tools and fixtures for prototype and production work.
May design desktop drawings/models and programs (ex. ProE or CAD).
Perform other duties as assigned. Education and Experience High school 6 years relevant experience Ability to work from specification documents including blueprints, drawings, Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs on a routine basis. Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law
- Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy /Reasonable Accommodations/ // Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email toCorporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.comor call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Organization: Global Services
- Global Service Centers*
Title:Tool & Die Maker
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!