Die Mounter Job Description Sample
Responsible for all activities associated with mounting the dies on die cutters including setup, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
File print cards in the proper sequence. Obsolete print cards as directed.
Layout printing mounts.
Mount printing dies and proof for accuracy and proof other mounter’s work for accuracy in accordance with proper setup techniques.
File printing mounts and dies. Pull printing mounts and dies from files.
Wash printing plates prior to filing.
Inspect all incoming print mounts and cutting dies; repair as necessary with minimal loss of production.
Report any necessary replacements of printing and cutting dies to Plant Superintendent as they are discovered.
Proof all incoming cutting dies and “knock-offs.”
Submit accurate ink inventory as scheduled, including piece kits.
Receive and store ink in proper storage location daily.
Pull machine line-ups as necessary.
Separate, file and distribute load tags.
Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
6 months’ experience as a Press and Finishing Department.
6 months’ experience in the Die Cutter or Flexo Operator.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications
Product quality specifications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
QPS Employment Group has a great opportunity available for a Tire Mounter at a company in Des Moines, IA. This is a temp to hire position for 1st shift. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:- Work on an assembly line to mount tires
Place the tire on the line and insert the stems into the tires to secure the tire to the rim
Assist the line with placing air into the tires
Place stickers on the tires and lift the tires off the assembly line- Operate hoists to move the large tires- Operate computers to read order forms
- Able to lift up to 100lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift- Able to bend and twist throughout shift- Able to work in loud and hot environment
Tire Mounter easy apply
- apply with indeed
salary:$13 - $14 per hour
date posted:Wednesday, January 3, 2018
questions:John.LaBombard@randstadusa.com704-728-6996 easy apply
apply with indeed
The ideal candidate will be quality minded and have experience with: General automotive or mechanical skills (tire mounting experience is preferred) and an interest in the racing industry RFID Scanner usage Ability to maintain a clean and organized working environment Ability to lift 60 pounds on a consistent basis Ability to communicate effectively with customers, associates and management Reliability is a must along with a willingness to work flexible hours depending on business needs This position is an entry level position that requires an interest in the automotive and Racing industry with minimal technical ability but with the willingness and ability to learn. Must pass a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Test. In addition to our available benefits we offer great prizes for: --Employee of the month --Perfect Attendance --Safety --Top production Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
salary:$13 - $14 per hour
date posted:Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Rocky Mount, VA
Rocky Mount, VA, USA + 12.43-16.14
Full Time Health, Dental, Vision, 401K Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job Job Title: Plate Mounter Hours: This position will train on A-shift and after training be on B or C shift with possibility of moving to 12 hour shift. Press Department Primary Duties:
Cleaning, organizing and maintaining work areas.
Correctly laying out the job, mounting the plates and making sure the eye mark is in the proper location.
Must be able to read the schedule and anticipate press changeover timing.
Identify mounting priorities of jobs on the schedule.
Cleaning, organizing and maintaining plate cylinders and cylinder inventory.
Cleaning, organizing and maintaining all printing sleeves and sleeve inventory.
Cleaning and maintaining mounting machines.
Cleaning plates, demounting plates, checking plate condition and refiling plate jackets.
Understands cylinder selection, sleeve selection, sticky back selection and gear selection. Make sure the combination creates the correct repeat.
Mounting and demounting build up sleeves.
Checking cylinder TIR and sending to the machine shop for repair.
Remounting plates, moving plates in the press and changing the eye mark locations when necessary.
Communicate with the mounter from the previous shift.
Collects numbers from running jobs from each press at the beginning of each shift.
Reorder plates as needed
Fill out the daily mounting report, production reports, quality check sheets.
Adhere to safety policies and procedures and all Trinity Packaging-Rocky Mount Division policies and procedures as included in the employee handbook to ensure safety for self and fellow employees and to ensure behavior is appropriate in the workplace.
Perform job duties accurately so that other personnel and departments and ultimately customers receive correct information and/or product.
Maintain a customer focused perspective in all activities initiated to ensure that customer needs are successfully met.
Work effectively with neighboring plant departments in a team environment to develop multi-functional solutions.
Maintain good house-keeping practices throughout the areas.
Be on call for extrusion when the press dept. is off.
Work overtime as needed.
Work as a team.
When demounting, when putting plates back in plate jackets, open plate jacket and put the plates back in neatly with foam between every two plates. Plates should be stacked face to back. Take upstairs and put in return cart when done.
Help Lead with tasks around the department. EEO Statement ProAmpac provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. EOE M/F/VETS/DISABILITY ProAmpac
Printing Pre-Press Plate Mounter
ResourceMFG is hiring for a Plate Mounter at a large printing warehouse in Granite City, IL.
Training will be completed on 1st shift (7:00am to 3:30pm) with the possibility of being transferred to 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Weekly paychecks
- Free online college courses for advancement opportunities
- Medical Benefits
- Reads and initials work order to verify knowledge of order specifications at beginning of each order, and checks blue lines or sample bags for colors & correct copy.
- Looks through orders for the week’s production, checks plates for scars, wear, or defects before mounting, and completes a Plate Alert form for the supervisor if a new plate is needed.
- Mounts plates with accuracy onto cylinders, using pins for proper registration, in a timely manner
- Notifies Press Operator of any problems or discrepancies.
- Complete Plate Mounters Report Daily.
- Monitors inventory of plate mounting supplies
- Cleans plates and cylinders and puts them away daily.
- Assists Assistant Press Operator when all work in area is complete and approved by Press Operator or Supervisor.
- Learns proper procedure for machine operation, in the event a Press Operator position comes open.
- Excellent Math skills
- Ability to read a ruler
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Steel Toe shoes
Vinyl Installer / Mounter
Vinyl Graphic Installer
Project Visual is looking for Graphics Installers to start immediately!
- Install Wall Murals, Cut Vinyl and Decals
- Install Banners, Indoor and Outdoor
- Must be able to run a wide format lamination machine for finishing wide format prints
- Must be to weed and mask vinyl decals
- Work primarily in Long Island and NYC
- Must be extremely professional in front of clients
- Must maintain high safety standards on site
- Wide format print shop experience is a plus
Looking for candidates with 3+ Years of experience, ability to lift 50+ pounds, and work after hours and weekends.
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Machinist/Tool & Die Repair/Tool & Die Maker - Aberdeen, MD Job
. Job Responsibilities: * Safely perform maintenance on equipment used in manufacturing steel products, as well as various auxiliary plant equipment, buildings and/or grounds.
Primarily responsible for maintaining continuous operation of rollform machines, presses, and packaging equipment; make appropriate machine adjustments and repairs in a timely manner.
Perform all work in a safe manner; utilize all safety equipment necessary for work to be performed including proper lock-out procedures, machine guarding, etc.
Perform visual quality inspections of parts and address issues/areas of improvement; recognize issues and take proper corrective actions needing little supervision.
Perform preventive maintenance and inspections of presses, air compressors, packaging equipment, glue machines, stamping presses, roll formers, etc.
Able to diagnose and repair issues with basic electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls systems.
Work from detail prints, schematics, samples, drawings, and/or verbal instructions.
Able to function as team member or leader and communicate with all levels of operation.
Safely utilize measuring equipment like electrical meters, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators.
Basic computer skills to accurately report maintenance work, parts used, and OSHA inspections using a computerized maintenance software program.
Operate various types of Mobile Equipment (Forklifts, Scissor Lifts, etc.) * Safely utilize hand tools and basic machine shop equipment band saw, drill press, pipe threader, cut-off saw, and other various tools.
Welding and part fabrication skills is a plus.
Assist in training with new employees and production team to make appropriate adjustments and replace certain tooling and machine parts. /Positions are on the off shifts/Job
* 3+ years of relevant work experience
Vocational, Community College, or Apprenticeship training
Ability to work to close tolerances
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Exposure to AutoCAD a plus .
Equal Opportunity Employer: *AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
Our Company offers:
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
Die Maker / Die Repair
Tier 1 automotive supplier is seeking an experienced Die Maker / Die Repair
- Maintain and repair current production
- New die construction
Candidates must have 5 years' experience with progressive dies, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Our manufacturing capabilities include; large metal stamping (600 ton), small and medium stamping (150 - 300 ton), resistant spot welding, robotic mig welding, tapping (in-die & off line), orbital peening (caulking), heat staking, riveting and intricate sub assemblies.
Our tool development capabilities include; progressive dies, checking fixtures, weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and dedicated machinery.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!