Die Polisher Job Description Sample
JOB TITLE: Polisher
WORK LOCATION: Wixom, MI 48393
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Permanent
The Metal Finisher "Gets It Done" by:
- Under the direction of the Production Manager, he/she will provide first class metal finishing die sections and die cast tools, prior to Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) treatment.
- Ensure the overall quality finish or production services provided for Forming Tools through a rigorous surface and post treatment.
- Perform special projects
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in die making or metal finishing from a stamping, die cast or plastic injection mold shop
- Strong proficiency working with various polishing methods and tools to achieve a mirror surface prior to coating
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
We are seeking candidates for a full-time, contract-to-hire (permanent) opportunity as a Polisher with an established extrusion die manufacturer in the Chippewa Valley.
- polishing internal flow systems using multiple methods including air power tools, hand sanding, stoning and sandpaper.
- The hours for the permanent position are Monday-Thursday from 2:45 pm-1:00 am.
- There is a training/transition period that requires availability to work Monday-Friday, 6:45 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- For experienced placements, the transition period is approximately 4-6 weeks. For candidates without experience, the training time could be 2-3 months.
- Overtime is based on workload and encouraged during peak periods.
Pay and benefits:
- Client is wiling to train. Without experience, starting pay is $13.00 per hour with a shift differential.
- If you have experience working with extrusion dies and seeking to make a change, pay will be based upon experience (i.e. $17.00/hr and up).
- Client offers a full benefit package.
Call us at 715-855-8155. We could have you scheduled to meet with our client the same week you apply! TO APPLY: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.flexstaff.com. Call 715-855-8155 with questions!
General Helper - Metal Finisher - Polisher
Summary – Stainless Steel and Aluminum Finishing Polisher will be responsible for finishing and polishing aluminum parts, equipment and hardware to high quality standards. Also required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Finish or polish SS AL parts using a variety of stationary and portable grinders, files, buffing wheels and sanders.
- Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, face shields, gloves, hardhat, dust masks etc.
- Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Frequent standing, bending, walking, kneeling, squatting and twisting
Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards
Assemble items as instructed by department supervisor
Keep work area clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities
Follow all company rules and policies
Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
Follow all safety rules and quality standards
Work with you department team to maximize productivity and efficiency
May have to prepare product for shipment
Lift materials, final products and items packed for shipment manually (up to 60 pounds) ask for assistance.
Uphold all OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Must be able to listen, read, write and communicate effectively
Must have basic mathematical skills
Experience working with aluminum
Ability to lift heavy items up to 60 pounds
Ability to identify and measure material
Ability to produce quality products consistently
Ability to follow instruction given both verbally and in written form
Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals
Familiarity with metric system
Ability to perform simple shop math, covert decimals to fractional equivalents and fractions to decimal equivalents
Must be reliable with a strong work ethic
Willing to work 40 per week and must be flexible to work overtime to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Tooling Mold Polisher
Looking for an experienced Mold polisher currently working in the Automotive sector. Our main function is acid/laser engraving and we are looking to expand by adding mold polishing availability to our customers.
Fabricator / Polisher / Saw Jet Operator / CNC Operator / Machine Oper
We are looking for experienced Saw Jet Operators- CNC Operators - Fabricators/Laminators and Polishers
Experience is a plus- Must be Dependable- Team Worker- Able to Speak/Understand English- Must be able to lift 100 lbs (shop workers)
Pay Depending on Experience
We use the newest Technology and Sophisticated Tooling to help you do the job right with the highest Quality!
Daytime, Evening and Graveyard positions needed Immediately- We pay extra for you Night Owls!!!
Miller Brother Staffing Solutions is looking for an experienced polisher for a company based in Brockport Pa. Pay is based on experience.
Shift: 1st w/ flex start time
Must have the following abilities / experience;
Polish tooling components made from various tool steels or carbide, from an EDM finish to a 6rms, and occasionally to a 2rms using stones, diamond paste, ultrasonic polishers and Dremel type tools
Read prints and use measuring equipment
Polish tooling components to print size, with a typical tolerance of +/-.0002”
Hone punch ID’s and dies to size
Lap flat faces of punches and lap various components to size with external and internal laps
Work with minimal supervision and work overtime as required
Die and Core Pin exp required
Concrete Polisher / Decorative Concrete
Employment opportunity for individuals who want a career in the growing field of polish concrete, decorative concrete and epoxy flooring. Join our growing organization. This job offers travel, out of town stay and occasional night work. Travel pay, per diem plus wages. Build a career and see the country.
MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE and submit to a pre-employment drug screen. This job does require the handling of heavy grinding equipment in a construction environment.
Medical insurance available after 90 days.
Barista, Buss Staff, & Polisher
Bottega Louie is now looking for high-performing individuals who share our passion for hospitality and exceptional service to join our Front of House Service Support Staff!
Positions include: Barista, Buss Staff & Polisher
We are looking for individuals who...
- Have a passion for customer service.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have experience working in a quality driven service environment.
- Love working in a high performance environment.
- Have a current CA Food Handlers' Certificate.
Senior Metal Polisher
Prizer Painter Stove Works, Inc. manufactures BlueStar® appliances, which have been handcrafted in Pennsylvania since 1880, are designed for discerning home chefs who demand restaurant-quality results in their own kitchens. The BlueStar® product line features premium, high-performance gas ranges, cooktops, wall ovens and hoods and now refrigeration. Available in over 750+ colors and finishes, and with almost infinite configuration possibilities, BlueStar® products offer virtually unlimited personalization options. Our main corporate office is located in Blandon, PA.
The Senior Metal Polisher will be primarily responsible for polishing and buffing assembled parts while removing defects such as spots or scratches to quality standards.
Perform polishing operations with machine polishers and hand tools on varies types of metal
Make minor corrections to defects
Keep work area clean and orderly
Willing to be a team player and accept other jobs duties when necessary
Locate and gather materials and supplies needed; check material for correctness and quality.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
Follow all company rules and policies.
Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
Communicate with coworkers and management effectively.
Clean and maintain work area.
Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
Other duties as assigned.
Must have 5+ years polishing experience
High school diploma or GED is preferred.
Solid background working with sheet metal.
Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
Good communications skills
Must be detailed oriented
Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work.
Candidate has to be a strong team player.
Candidate has to be reliable with good attendance history.
Lift up to 50lbs
Stand for long periods of time
Able to bend, stoop, reach and squat
Metal Polisher / Plater
Employer: A BROOKLYN FACTORY (manufacturer of small plumbing tools)
Payrate: $13 at start with full benefits
Schedule: 8 am – 4 pm (F/T)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!