Die Setter Job Description Sample
The Challenge Manufacturing Corporate team is searching for a 2nd Shift Die Setter to join our facility in Kansas City, MO.
Responsible for setting up power press that automatically feeds bars, structural metal, blanks, or continuous roll of sheet metal into position under ram.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Use of Hilo to install specified dies in presses
- Adjust ram stroke of press
- Understand and explain company quality policy
- Participate in preventative actions when appropriate
- Conduct housekeeping for personal and shared work area
Challenge is an employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), which enables a collaborative and teamwork-oriented culture and provides employee-owners the opportunity to share in the success of the company. The ESOP is a critical element to Challenge’s culture and success.
In the fast-growing environment, Challenge maintains its responsibilities of providing employees job security, workplace safety, fair treatment, competitive wages and benefits, employee ownership, transparent communication, and opportunities for career growth. For more information about Challenge, visit our website at www.challenge-mfg.com.
Challenge Today. Own Tomorrow.
Die Setter Apprentice
Assist with set up and maintenance of mechanical and hydraulic presses used for the powdered metal operations of compacting and sizing. Must learn to use the proper dies, tools and automation required and make all necessary adjustments, to ensure that quality parts are being produced at designated production levels.
- Become proficient in setup and maintain correct adjustments on several presses
- Demonstrate continued knowledge growth with abilities to use of proper tools and dies are placed into the press
- Assist with performing visual inspection of parts for cracks and chips several times during the shift
- Become proficient with setup in a timely manner
- Have ability to communicate with shift supervisors, machine operators and quality department, changes / adjustments made to the presses
- Maintain and clean tools and tool crib
- Attend meetings and training classes when needed
- Any other duties assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Engineering
- Actively participate in GKN continuous improvement efforts as they relate to quality, safety, 5S, environmental and production efficiency
- Any other duties assigned as necessary
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and componentsfor most of the worlds leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers.We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Sinter Metals is the worlds leading supplier of metal powder precision components. Our global production and sales network employs approximately 6,000 associates in more than 30 facilities on five continents. With a history dating back to the 1930s, today we have production sites in Germany, Italy, South Africa, India, China, Brazil, Canada and the USA.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Die Setter - Mold Repair
The set up skilled technician supports the production operations in a molding facility that specializes in interior and exterior trim for the automotive industry.
- Installs Molds and makes all necessary hook-ups, settings and adjustments in accordance with the process documentation.
- Cycles machine to ensure proper operation.
- Mold Changes
- All tasks incorporated with material changes
- Clean, polish and repair molds as needed.
- Physically able to perform all duties and functions of the position
- High School education or equivalent
- Experience and familiarity with all molding machines and equipment
- Quality standards
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Obtain a Hi-Lo license and operate safely - Safety is our number one priority.
Location Newton Falls, OH
Custom injection molding manufacturer has immediate full-time openings for Die Setters.
Must have previous Die Setting experience to include:
* Ability to assemble or disassemble equipment and trouble-shoot the Mold changing process.
* Understanding of basic equipment set-up to include thread sizes and metrics.
* Set-up, pull Dies and prepare Presses for all capacities of production process.
* Perform product changes per established procedure.
* Set-up and check all auxiliary equipment as required.
* Understanding of product material melting point and purging method/temperature.
* Assist Process Tech with trouble-shooting Press operation.
Must be able to train or work any shift and overtime as needed; be detail oriented, have excellent oral/written communication skills, basic PC aptitude and comprehensive math and reading skills.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Must have previous Die Setting experience in plastic injection molding.
2. Ability to assemble or disassemble equipment and trouble-shoot the Mold changing process.
3. Understanding of basic equipment set-up to include thread sizes and metrics.
For over 50 years, E&E has served its world-class customers by manufacturing heavy gage stamped metal fasteners, progressive die metal stampings, and high value added assemblies. Our wealth of talent and depth of experience, combined with our spot-less, state-of-the-art facilities, allow us to tackle complex manufacturing problems for our customers, which include Tier 1, Tier 2 and OEM clients in automotive, heavy truck, military, and other industries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Also, additional job duties may be assigned.
Understanding Press System:
- Proper use and operation of tonnage monitors
- Proper use and operation of P.L.C.'s
- Proper use and adjustment of Die Protection Devices
- Limit Switches
Understanding of Press Line Components:
- The press, slide, clutch, and counter balances
- The Feeder: strengtheners, pilot pin, grippers and air valves
- The Coil Box: Pinch rollers, chain drive and control box
- Conveyor system set-up
- Proper use and instruction of Power Lockout procedure
- Light curtain setup, calibration and adjustment
- Barrier guard adjustment
- Proper use and instruction of Dual (Two Hand) Control Procedure
- Proper use of the Die Setters Safety Setup Check Off List
E&E offers many benefits:
BCBS Medical, Delta Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
Short & Long Term Disability Coverage
401(k) with up to a 5% match
Free Gym Membership
Biannual At Risk Compensation Program
Employee Assistance Program
Safety Shoe Reimbursement
Prescription Safety Glasses Reimbursement
GM Supplier Discount
Our wealth of talent and depth of experience, combined with spotless, state-of-the-art facilities, allow us to tackle complex manufacturing problems for our customers, which include Tier 1, Tier 2 and OEM clients in automotive, heavy truck, military and other industries.
2nd shift (1:30pm-10pm)
· This is an entry level position requiring limited experience working with punch presses.
· The basic responsibility is to support the manufacturing operation with regard to production.
· Determines that all equipment is operating in a safe manner at all times.
· Operates the fork lift truck in a safe manner to supply the presses with raw material and removes finished goods from the work area.
· Responsible to maintain the proper material at the presses.
· Places new coils of materials into the presses, makes certain that the material is feeding correctly.
· This work is performed in a timely manner to reduce the amount of time the press is out of production.
· Starts the press after completing coil change.
· Responsible for the machine producing a quality part before leaving area.
· Under specific instructions, removes, and replaces punches or other main die parts.
· Cleans and repairs causes of jam ups in the presses, trimmer, tracks and belts promptly to return equipment to production.
· Maintains the floor area around the presses to remove excess soil on material.
· Responsible for basic housekeeping, for example: empty drip pans, sweep or clean to keep a safe work environment.
· Able to be certified to operate a fork lift truck.
· Flexibility of working hours. May be required to work extensive hours or days per week. Able to be active on feet.
· Possess sufficient physical strength to be able to load and unload trucks, mount coils of steel, move skids and boxes by hand, etc.
· Accuracy in simple mathematics.
· Able to read simple blue prints, use basic inspection equipment such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
Full Time OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE!!
Looking for someone with a strong attention to detail and is quick on their feet to ensure productivity goals are met! GREAT pay ranging $35k-$55k with OVERTIME, EARNED VACATION & PERSONAL TIME OFF, BONUSES PAID OUT TWICE EACH YEAR and BEST of all JOB SECURITY!! This company has had NO NEED to lay anyone off for over 20 years!!
If you have:
- 3-5 years experience / hands on experience / with set-up presses and operation of presses
- A High School/GED degree or more
Are you looking for a job you can make a good living and retire from? And be PROUD of what you do?
Pay will be based on experience and knowledge.
Call (330)-835-1298 for more information or to schedule your interview today!
You can also apply online at www.expresspros.com/AkronWestOH/
OFFICE LOCATION to apply in person: 66 South Miller Road, Suite 201, Akron, OH 44333
Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, and there are full-time, part-time, and temporary positions available.
Express Employment Professionals of Akron, OH has helped strong applicants build their career. Express employs more than 700,000 people across more than 750 franchise locations worldwide.
Take the first step toward new career success, apply with Express today.
Die Setter/General Support is responsible for die set of manual and automated metal stamping presses. Uses fork trucks and other manual moving equipment to load/unload and dispose of materials and product. Perform quality checks on products using gages and calipers. Keeps assigned area clean and organized. Follows and addresses all safety rules.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To safely perform die set of progressive and transfer metal stamping presses
· Sets up dies from start to finish so they are production ready
· Die setting functions: responsible for a Quick Die Change overs, First/Last piece approval, proper use and set up of load guard (tonnage monitor); PLC system (programming, sensor verification)
· Possess mechanical aptitude required for assisting in tool replacements
· Blue print reading
· Responsible to perform quality checks using measuring equipment such as calipers, gauges and others
· Loading and unloading coils of steel and dies to the press
· Operation of forklift and overhead crane
· Troubleshooting problems
· Decide course of action to improve parts and productivity
· Q.D.C. Leader Q.D.C.
· Tool room system training
· Grinding skills
· Die maintenance skills
Understanding Press System:
· Proper use and operation of tonnage monitors
· Proper use and operation of P.L.C.'s
· Proper use and adjustment of Die Protection Devices
· Limit Switches
Understanding of Press Line Components:
· The press, slide, clutch, and counter balances
· The Feeder: strengtheners, pilot pin, grippers and air valves
· The Coil Box: Pinch rollers, chain drive and control box
· Conveyor system set-up
Recruitment Staffing Services offered with specialists in each of the following areas:
MCM also offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing services including vendor management and payroll services.
MCM can provide your company with traditional staffing needs such as:
Contract to Hire
Die Setter Plastics
Snelling has an opportunity for a skilled Die Setter Plastics candidate for a company South of Grand Rapids.
$13 - $15 based on experience
EXPERIENCE required of the Die Setter Plastics candidate:
- Previous experience in a injection molding technical position
- Proven ability to set up injection molding presses
DUTIES of the Die Setter Plastics candidate:
- Maintain operation of loading equipment
- Ensure material level in hoppers.
- Empty grinders as needed.
- Ensure that material is properly identified and stored in closed containers.
- Responsible for setting molds and assist in equipment operation.
- Assuring process is capable and optimized
- Seek authorization to grind defective parts, re-grind to be completed during the shift produced
- All grinders must be empty at shift end.
- Maintain cleanliness of production and warehouse areas.
- Adherence to ISO [Quality and Environmental] procedures, policies and work instructions.
- Assist Shipping/Receiving
- Assist in inventory control on shop floor
- Assist in training of operators
- May fill in for supervisor as needed (upon completion of training)
EDUCATION required for the Die Setter Plastics candidate:
High School diploma or equivalent and must pass basic injection molding test with minimum of 80% correct.
Candidates interested in the Die Setter Plastics position should submit a resume for immediate consideration.
In 2016, Snelling received Inavero's coveted Best of Staffing award in recognition of our exemplary customer service - an honor bestowed on less than two percent of staffing companies in the industry.
Press Operator/ Die Setter 2Nd Shift / 3Rd Shift
Atlantic Tool & Die Company commenced operations as an Ohio corporation in June 1937. Since then ATD has grown into a global company with locations in 2 states and international operations in Mexico and China. We are a world class supplier of metal stampings, value added assemblies, tubular products and contracted dies ._ As we continue to grow, our Company’s two priorities are the safety and welfare of all of the associates and the quality of the Company’s products. We are seeking a skilled_Progressive Die Set up / Senior Process Tech / Process Tech* for both Strongsville and Seville locations.
PRIMARY FUNCTION : Responsible production aspects in stamping department
SECONDARY FUNCTION : Perform Production Associate – Stamping duties.
- Responsible for coordination of set up and tear down of presses.
- Organize pre-staging of dies, and materials according to the set up procedures
- Work in conjunction with engineering and production staff to organize and improve set-up procedures, equipment and die safety techniques.
- Maintain, organize and inventory pressroom equipment, tools and materials, to ensure that everything has a place and that when not in use they are in there appropriate storage positions, i.e. conveyor chutes are in place.
- Conduct minor press / equipment repairs as needed.
- Troubleshoot problem set-ups and assist associates when problems arise.
- Instruct/train all press associates in the proper operation of all equipment.
- Monitor production including; down time, press schedule and preventative maintenance
- Update end of run sheets (set up section) with any improvements that need to be investigated and/or made to tooling and/or die protection systems.
- Communicate necessary information to counterpart on other shift.
- Attend operation performance meetings when required
- Maintain clean area and help others maintain clean area.
- Maintain safe work area; wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Adhere to all safety requirements including; HMIS, Lock out Tag out, Bloodborne pathogen, Personal Protective Equipment, Guarding and any other safety requirement.
- Actively promote and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Supervise the selection key while performing set up.
- Make tow motor operator aware of materials needed for production.
- Maintain required quality control throughout shift.
- Follow all applicable TS16949 policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Generally, perform all other duties as required.
Education / Experience /Training
High school education or equivalent
8 years experience with presses and related equipment
8 years experience with progressive dies
Computer and Supervision experience helpful
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Set up: 8 years
- progressive dies: 8 years
- Press Operator: 8 years
We look for candidates that have longevity and loyalty to their past employers. Candidates that have served at least 3 years with their past employers proves that the candidate is capable of working in one job for a period of time. Dedication is valued at ATD and all candidates are considered based on this value.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!