Die Setter Job Description Sample
TransForm Automotive L.L.C. has two manufacturing facilities in Sterling Heights, a new manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan and a fourth in London, Ontario, Canada. We are a division of Means Industries which is owned by AMSTED International, based in Chicago, Illinois. AMSTED Industries is a diversified manufacturer of industrial components serving the railroad, vehicular, construction and building markets.
TransForm Automotive is actively searching for Die Setters/Press Operators. This role is responsible for setting up and adjusting various sizes of dies into stamping presses to insure parts are produced within specification. Perform any necessary die adjustments at set ups and to check accuracy during production. Also, configure, adjust and operate automatic presses and mechanical equipment.
Additional duties include:
· Support the Company’s Goals and Objectives
· Visually look over parts to assure proper quality. Notify Production, Quality or Supervisor of quality or press related problems
· Perform quality checks and use checking fixtures to maintain high quality parts
· Insure all parts containers have properly filled out tags for part, lot and operation identification including SAP labeling
Successful candidates will have a year or more of press experience in a manufacturing environment, attention to detail, experience with ERP systems such as SAP.
TransForm Automotive L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation, challenging career opportunities and was voted one of Macomb Count’s top Companies for Champion of Workforce Development.
TransForm Automotive L.L.C., a division of Means Industries, has two manufacturing facilities in Sterling Heights, a new manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan and a fourth in London, Ontario, Canada. We are a division of Means Industries which is owned by AMSTED International, based in Chicago, Illinois. AMSTED Industries is a diversified manufacturer of industrial components serving the railroad, vehicular, construction and building markets.
Tool And Die Setter
SRG is hiring for a Die Setter for 2nd shift at JNM in Glasgow KY. MUST HAVE DIE SETTING
Pay: $18.00 to $22.00
The Die Setter is responsible for ensuring efficient changeover of die setup in the safest manner possible. The die setter must have hoist & crane operation certification, a lift truck license, and must work well in a team environment. You will be responsible for independently completing coil changes and set up of coils in presses. The die setter must have a clear understanding of die set up and tear down procedures. This position requires endurance and size to bolt down dies and follow die setup sheets.
· Proper set up of dies in press
· Removal of die from press
· Set up of End of Arm Tooling
· Adjustments to tooling
· Proper completion of press sheets
· Assisting with Machine Repair
· Work on press as an Operator when required
· Uphold all health & safety rules and regulations per JNM/WMT Health & Safety Manual and Ontario’s Occupational Health & Safety Act
· Uphold all employment standards, company policies and procedures
· Prompt and regular attendance and working all assigned hours
· Perform any other duties, as required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid forklift license
- Hoist and crane operation certification
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with stamping presses
- Competent in die setup and change overs
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Required skill and knowledge of die setting trade
- Ability to trouble shoot stamping dies in a stamping press
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Strong problem solving skills
- 44 - 60 hours per week as scheduled
- Day, afternoon, midnight and weekend shifts
- Plant Environment
- Exposure to loud noise.
Want to learn more about SRG? Please copy and paste the link below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynE71XbgmUo
Job Type: Full-time
Progressive Die Setter / Operator 1, 18, #Sb006
Progressive Die Setter / Operator (1st Shift, $18/hr)
7 am-3:30 pm Monday-Friday
"Long term opportunity with room to grow!"
Located in Mishawaka, IN. $18 an hour
Express Employment Professionals- South Bend, Mishawaka Area
The associate will be operating an automatic press using progressive dies. They will also be loading / unloading setting up, making adjustments to coil feeder, flattener cradles, and reels.
- Forklift experience
- Tool and Die experience
- Progressive die and stamp press experience
- Basic computer experience
- Punctual and reliable
Please call 574-293-1500 for more information!
We are looking for a 1st shift Die Setter for our manufacturing facility. Great opportunity to get your foot in the door at a GROWING company!!
- Changing molds as scheduled by the Production Manager
- Troubleshoot and repair all machines an equipment
- Responsible for the safety, oiling, greasing and cleaning of all machines and equipment
- Tune dies to customer specification sand correct cycle time
- Insure proper setup for start of job, if material in not available, must notify shift supervisor
- Responsible for completing die changers report
- Insures that workstation are set for an efficient run as direct by the shift supervisor and production manager
We understand that you are unique we never try to fit you into a cookie-cutter staffing solution, or a job that doesn't suit you.
And if you are looking for your next great job opportunity, you've come to the right place. We have industry-leading staffing agencies in Detroit, MI, Fort Wayne, IN, Port Huron MI and beyond. We work with top manufacturers in southeast Michigan and northern Indiana...and have the resources to find you just the right job.
Die Setter Apprentice
Are you looking to establish your career in a growing international company? Are you looking to learn a trade from experienced and knowledgeable staff?
We have current needs for Die Setting Apprentices to learn the craft of setting up and tearing down tooling and dies. We are looking for eager and dynamic individuals to join our team. We offer on the job training with experienced staff. If you have a mechanical aptitude or mindset then you are the type of candidate that we are looking.
Please apply today!
We are an independent company, both financially and technologically, with 100% spanish capital. Our production plants are located in Spain, Hungary, USA and China. We have a worldwide sales and technical assistance network, providing service to more than 600 customers in over 50 countries.
Die Setter Apprentice
Die Setter Apprentice Country: United States Work Location: Conover, NC State: North Carolina Advertising End Date: 28 Feb 2018 Job Type: Regular About The Opportunity Assist with set up and maintenance of mechanical and hydraulic presses used for the powdered metal operations of compacting and sizing. Must learn to use the proper dies, tools and automation required and make all necessary adjustments, to ensure that quality parts are being produced at designated production levels. Key Responsibilities
Become proficient in setup and maintain correct adjustments on several presses
Demonstrate continued knowledge growth with abilities to use of proper tools and dies are placed into the press
Assist with performing visual inspection of parts for cracks and chips several times during the shift
Become proficient with setup in a timely manner
Have ability to communicate with shift supervisors, machine operators and quality department, changes / adjustments made to the presses
Maintain and clean tools and tool crib
Attend meetings and training classes when needed
Any other duties assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Engineering
Actively participate in GKN continuous improvement efforts as they relate to quality, safety, 5S, environmental and production efficiency
Any other duties assigned as necessary About Us GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries. GKN Sinter Metals is the world’s leading supplier of metal powder precision components. Our global production and sales network employs approximately 6,000 associates in more than 30 facilities on five continents. With a history dating back to the 1930s, today we have production sites in Germany, Italy, South Africa, India, China, Brazil, Canada and the USA. Diversity and Inclusion As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world. GKN is an equal opportunity employer. We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Die Setter - Mold Repair
The set up skilled technician supports the production operations in a molding facility that specializes in interior and exterior trim for the automotive industry.Tasks and
- Installs Molds and makes all necessary hook-ups, settings and adjustments in accordance with the process documentation.
- Cycles machine to ensure proper operation.
- Mold Changes
- All tasks incorporated with material changes
- Clean, polish and repair molds as needed.
- Physically able to perform all duties and functions of the position
- High School education or equivalent
- Experience and familiarity with all molding machines and equipment
- Quality standards
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Obtain a Hi-Lo license and operate safely - Safety is our number one priority.
2nd shift position (2:00pm - 10:00pm)
$15.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on experience
Receives all incoming material, sets up all coils, diagnosing and fixing set-up problems, performs general maintenance operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fills all press lube systems (Trabon Lube Systems).
Empties and cleans sprayer boxes on presses every two weeks.
Fills sprayer boxes as needed daily.
Assists in die change-over.
Rakes scrap hoppers.
Rotates coil inventory to ensure first in/first out.
Initiates trouble shooting of die problems.
Manufacturing Order changes – Takes the new MO to the press and turns in all paperwork associated with the old MO. Alerts Quality that there is a new MO.
Completes “Return To Stock” tags for material that needs to go back into inventory.
Blows out fork lifts every two weeks.
During change-over and downtime cleans and removes old/bad t-nuts in shaker bars on presses.
Cleans and refills the coolant boxes on the grinder machines every six-months.
Receives/unloads all incoming material.
Sets up or hangs all coils for machines, and helps run the steel into the die.
After the coil is hung and ran into the die, stays and helps with any problems to ensure good production run.
Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem and/or repair machine.
Helps maintenance dismantle defective machines and equipment and helps install new or repaired parts.
Lubricates all machinery on designated days, (Friday).
Conducts minor repairs and maintenance of physical structure.
Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
Fabricates and repairs work surfaces or related structures.
Performs preventative maintenance duties.
Washes dies as they come out of the press after a production run.
High school education or equivalent with 3 years maintenance or related experience.
Excellent, demonstrated mechanical skills.
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Good math skills; ability to calculate and comprehend necessary math concepts.
Ability to complete required paperwork through basic reading and writing skills.
Ability to move up to 35 pounds.
Ability to obtain an industrial powered lift truck license.
Ability to obtain an overhead crane license.
Ability to be trained to operate a scissor lift truck.
General knowledge of various metal stamping equipment.
The Challenge Manufacturing Corporate team is searching for a 2nd Shift Die Setter to join our facility in Kansas City, MO.
Responsible for setting up power press that automatically feeds bars, structural metal, blanks, or continuous roll of sheet metal into position under ram.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Use of Hilo to install specified dies in presses
- Adjust ram stroke of press
- Understand and explain company quality policy
- Participate in preventative actions when appropriate
- Conduct housekeeping for personal and shared work area
Challenge is an employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), which enables a collaborative and teamwork-oriented culture and provides employee-owners the opportunity to share in the success of the company. The ESOP is a critical element to Challenge’s culture and success.
In the fast-growing environment, Challenge maintains its responsibilities of providing employees job security, workplace safety, fair treatment, competitive wages and benefits, employee ownership, transparent communication, and opportunities for career growth. For more information about Challenge, visit our website at www.challenge-mfg.com.
Challenge Today. Own Tomorrow.
Senior Tool And Die Setter - 3574934
*Setup experience in relation to fabrication; stamping, bending, and press manufacturing
*Technical background experience and training
*Ability to use machine tools and precision measuring equipment required to perform set up procedures
*Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
*Must be able to pass a drug screen and a background check
*Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
You may start the application process on our website, www.apstemps.com. Once you have completed the online application please contact our branch at the number below to set up an interview. Please bring unexpired identification for the I-9 process and copy of diploma or GED.
Automation Personnel Services
2541 7th Street South
Clanton, Al 35045
Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!