Die Sinker Job Description Sample
CNC Sinker EDM And Wire Specialist
The CNC Sinker EDM and Wire Specialist will be based in Tempe, AZ at Flex Tech Mold. The candidate will be responsible for setting up and running automated CNC sinker and Wire EDM machines in a very clean and organized environment. This is a very promising position for someone who is looking for a challenge and a work environment where they can grow and have a multitude of career options while utilizing automates equipment.
We are looking for someone who is…
Passionately focused on the customer
Disciplined executor of responsibilities
Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
Background in Sinker and Wire EDM setup and operation to include extensive knowledge of the EDM process and electrode manufacturing
Ability to trouble shoot burns and optimize the EDM process to minimize cycle times by adjusting on/off time, amperage, voltage, etc. while getting a repeatable process.
Ability to program setup and run Wire EDM machines while maximizing the process to get the best accuracy and repeatability.
Ability to use basic shop inspection equipment to include micrometers, indicators, sine plates, etc.
Experience working in plastic injection mold making shops a plus.
Experience with Mitsubishi and Charmilles Sinker and Wire EDM's a plus.
Experience with Esprit CAM software a plus.
Experience with Zeiss Contura CMM's a plus.
Ability to work to close tolerances; .0002 of an inch
minimum 5-7 years experience working with EDM; will consider less experience depending on situation.
Experience with automation and palletization to maximize unattended run hours a plus.
Ability to work as a member of a team
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
Employee discounts at local retailers
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our recruitment privacy notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Tool & Die Maker Journeyman
Plan and construct a wide variety of tools, dies, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances, or construct more complex units where design is available.
Perform development work, layout and difficult tool room machine operations, fitting, timing and adjusting, e.g. combination dies for parts or irregular contour, box type drill jigs with difficult locating or nesting features, ordinary index milling fixtures.
Dismantles and repairs or replaces parts of damaged dies and fixtures, fits and assembles parts, and tests repaired dies for proper operation.
Operates cranes safely to remove and/or relocate dies to specific work stations/equipment.
Establishes and maintains an effective preventative maintenance program. Ensures all tools are properly fit for use.
Prepares sketches for machining of tool details.
Performs basic layout inspections of both tooling and manufactured components in press.
Must have all tools common to trade practice
Proficient in reading and working with blueprints.
Capable of working with varied ranges of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
Proficient in workshop theory and calculation.
Overhead Crane Operation.
Ability to work with SPC.
Participates in ongoing Continuous Improvement processes.
Takes direction from Supervisor/Lead Hand, as applicable.
Protects own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
Maintains safety standard and cleanliness of workplace and equipment as outlined by company policy.
Any other reasonable request made by management
Skills (language, technical, computer, etc.)
Competent in all Tool Room machining to close tolerances.
Able to work with limited guidance and supervision.
Able to troubleshoot tooling problems and estimate timelines for resolution.
Recognized technical trade certificate Tool & Die Maker or minimum 5 years of experience working in the trade.
Lead Person - Tool & Die
FULL TIME - HOURLY
GENERAL MANAGER, LUIS LIU
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under minimal supervision, must exercise knowledge to perform a variety of job duties relating to the complete operation of the department including but not limited to:
a. Review routers and take action if adjustments or corrections are needed.
b. Review and report manpower shortages.
c. Train new employees based on department processes and standard work.
d. Responsible to ensure operators are using the correct production equipment to quality specifications.
e. Assist with performing 6S, retrieving information needed for metric boards, and developing actions plans to improve department.
f. Adhere to all AIC company policies
g. Other duties as assigned.
In addition to the above, Leads are to maintain an organized, clean and safe work area using safety standards and expectations while adhering to all quality practices. Management may change responsibilities and/or assignments to meet the business needs without prior notice. AIC follows an At-Will Employment practice.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1.High School diploma or GED, and certificate from a technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2.Working knowledge and experience in application of lean manufacturing principles and techniques
3.Understanding and ability to interpret procurement specification, drawing and other customer instructions
4.Be able to lead and supervise group of up to 40 employees
5.Thorough knowledge of the laboratory processes
6.Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
7.Knowledge of SYSPRO, Auto Time and other related machine automation software
1.Language: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to verbally communicate effectively.
2.Mathematical: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
3.Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form.
4.Analytical: Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collects and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data
5.Ability to read and interpret router instructions and specifications
6.Properly use measuring tools
Frequency of activity required of the employee to perform the job
Daily Lifting and Carrying requirements of the job:
Height the object is lifted from the floor, table or overhead location and distance the object is carried
Maximum weight to be lifted is 40 lbs. Employees are required to seek assistance as needed
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Tool & Die
Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance, dimensional capability, making and continuous improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in an automotive stamping and robotic welding facility. •Fabrication of new and repair of replacement details for robotic weld cells, spot weld cells as well as assemble, build and maintain fixtures.
•Committed involvement with quality, cost savings, and continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements.
•Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate including but not limited to die setting as required.
•Must be a Team oriented player & work well with others.
•USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman’s Card preferred or extensive related experience.
•Minimum (2) years experience trouble shooting in a Production Stamping Plant a plus.
•MUST have experience relative to medium to large Tandem Line Dies or small to medium Transfer Dies or medium to large Progressive Dies required with experience relative to Transfer Dies & large Progressive Dies.
•Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a plus.
•Must be able to read detail prints & order perishable details such as pierce punches & buttons, gas springs, guide pins and bushings, etc.
•Must be willing to work any shift as Plant schedule and/or manpower requirements deem necessary.
•Must be willing to work overtime as required (including Sundays) to maintain all Plant functions relative to the Tool Room such as but not limited to Program Launch, die repairs, engineering change timing to customer dates/requirements, etc.
Production Supervisor Die Casting Facility
The Production Supervisor supervises shop employees in a new state of the art die casting manufacturing and processing environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage daily shift manufacturing assignments and post shift assignments visibly prior to shift start
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Work continuously to improve all work areas and contribute to the 7’s initiatives.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development, assist in making employment decisions, and resolves employee’s issues using a variety of problem resolutions techniques.
- Ensure full compliance with shop health and safety policies and performs accident investigations
- Cross-train employees to ensure production requirements can be met every day. This includes establishing and executing a manageable job rotation schedule for all reports
- Be visible on the production floor, to assist the production floor * Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Facilitate and remove obstacles to production as they arise
- Complete shift labor edits accurately on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and one to two years related experience: or two years of college and three to five years of progressively responsible related experiences: or Four years of high school and five to seven years of progressively responsible related experience: or a combination of education and experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic functions and components.
- Team Oriented.
- Self-starter initiative / Drive/ Eager to learn.
- Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Production Supervisor MUST have Previous Casting (Gravity or HPDC) Experience and the understanding of the casting process from education
- Experience in core making, heat treatment is considered a plus.
- Production Supervisor have the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- .Ability to work collaboratively with Engineering and Quality, and other co-workers to leverage their expertise to solve complex problems
- Production Supervisor must be able to prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within constraints of the position * Must be hands-on and have a personal drive to succeed
- Able to handle conflict resolution and other employee complaints in a timely and professional manner
- A Self- Starter with ability to work independently in fast pace deadline orientated environment and to establish strong team relationships
- Required work authorization:
- Flexibility to work 2nd or 3rd shift long term. Will work first shift.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, daily overtime and off shifts as needed.
Model & Die 2Nd Shift Team Lead (Internal Position Only)
Oral Arts is a full-service dental lab, Veteran owned since 1970, which manufactures dental prosthesis, such as crowns, bridges, implants, dentures, partials, and orthodontic appliances such as retainers, splints, night guards, sports guards, etc.
Dental Lab Technician – Model & Die Lead Technician
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years experience in Model and Die fabrication.
- Must have a general understanding of Crown and Bridge fabrication as a whole, including familiarity with printed models.
- Must coordinate with Supervisor as well as the GM to ensure proper work flow and production within the dept.
- Ability to effectively train and motivate new hires and other team members.
- Basic computer skills and a general understanding of ordering processes and time card management.
- Candidate must exhibit excellent organizational, problem solving, project management, and communication skills.
- Willingness to show leadership and guidance from the floor.
Tool And Die Maker A
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Carrier is the world's leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Make, repair, modify and/or construct dies, gauges, fixtures, or tools to precise tolerances using machines, lathes drills, grinders, welding and brazing equipment and bench work, using complicated blueprints and specifications, shop math and handbook formulas
Check equipment and notify Supervisor of situations requiring corrective action
Keep accurate and legible records
Use specified safety equipment and practices
Assist less qualified Tool Room personnel with tooling procedures
Keep equipment and working areas clean and in good order
Tool And Die Maker
Analyze specifications, set up and operate machining tools, cutting and manufacturing various metal parts. Fit, assemble, and repair metal tooling for the extrusion department.
Set-up and operate machine tools such as metal cutting, lathes, milling machines, grinders and computerized EDM (electrical discharge machinery).
Perform work from work orders assigned by Tool and Die Lead.
Maintain clean work area.
Maintain level of quality consistent with established standards.
Comply with established safety rules.
Comply with company policy and procedures.
Maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, lead, supervisors, and managers.
Maintain regular attendance in accordance with company policy.
Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of supervisor and/or lead.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school in machining area, or five years machinist experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to
Tool & Die
- Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance, dimensional capability, making and continuous improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in an automotive stamping and robotic welding facility.
- Fabrication of new and repair of replacement details for robotic weld cells, spot weld cells as well as assemble, build and maintain fixtures.
- Committed involvement with quality, cost savings, and continuous tool, die and mechanical improvements.
- Any other duties deemed necessary or appropriate including but not limited to die setting as required.
- Must be a Team oriented player & work well with others.
- USDOL Tool & Die Journeyman’s Card preferred or extensive related experience.
- Minimum (2) years experience trouble shooting in a Production Stamping Plant a plus.
- MUST have experience relative to medium to large Tandem Line Dies or small to medium Transfer Dies or medium to large Progressive Dies required with experience relative to Transfer Dies & large Progressive Dies.
- Experience with implementation of Engineering Changes a plus.
- Must be able to read detail prints & order perishable details such as pierce punches & buttons, gas springs, guide pins and bushings, etc.
- Must be willing to work any shift as Plant schedule and/or manpower requirements deem necessary.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required (including Sundays) to maintain all Plant functions relative to the Tool Room such as but not limited to Program Launch, die repairs, engineering change timing to customer dates/requirements, etc.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!