Die Tester Job Description Sample
Tool And Die Maker / Tool And Die Repair / Tool And Die Machinist
We are now Hiring for a permanent placement for Tool and Die Makers / Tool and Die Repair / Tool and Die Machinist positions Located in Middleburg Heights Ohio.
- 1st and 2nd shift positions available
- Pay rate up to $27 Hr depending on experience
- Must have a certificate for die repair
- Mechanically inclined
- Tool &
- Perform die repairs as necessary in or out of press
- Trouble shoot tooling issues during production
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Perform continuous improvement on all tooling
- Assist production with die setup as required
- Assist production with process modifications and adjustments: Transfer fingers as required
- Support production department in die setup
- Perform tooling run off, tooling try out and quality part run off as required
- Perform tooling incoming and outgoing inspections
- Assist with the safe evaluation of any technically related question in support of production.
- Must be conscientious when making changes to dies and identify possible interferences. Also to identify areas of concern that may be effected and communicate findings clearly as they are encountered.
- Must communicate stages of work if left uncompleted and leave written notation for fellow toolmakers to pick up and follow through for continued completion.
- Must have basic welding skill for fabrication and competently weld basic tool steel imperfections for in press repairs.
- Must have in press repair and adjustment abilities to provide production support and awareness of safety approaches when repairing nitrogen spring and related lifting hardware assemblies.
- Should be able to perform any operation in a die build with little or no supervision.
- Should produce work in time conscious/critical manner.
- Required to produce good quality work in keeping with a professional tool maker
- Should be reliable and work with little or no supervision.
- Should be able to grasp instructions easily and ask appropriate question to ensure understanding of what is required.
- Should also have the ability to make logical decisions.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Should be well equipped with tools.
- Must know all drill press operations such as; drill sharpening, clamping setups, speeds and feeds, spotting holes, tap drill sizes, reamer drill sizes, clearance drill sizes, spade drilling, drilling hardened material, etc.
- Should know all milling machine operations such as; clamping setups, speed and feeds, being able to machine blocks to a given size, how to machine different steels types, how to machine blocks square, etc.
- Should know surface grinding operations such as; selecting a proper wheel, securing work properly, use of a magnetic sine plate, bring a piece to +/- .001, grinding bronze, how to side wheel, plunge grinding, how to use a radius dresser, use of a whirly jig, etc.
- Should know how to Blanchard grind correctly such as; proper dressing of the stones, supporting tall work, how to use head tilt, how to shim pieces properly, stone replacement, etc.
- Should know all machining operations on a Bridgeport such as: indicating the head square; conventional and climb milling; controlling back lash; edge finding; use of table readouts; boring head use; fly cutting and end milling hardened material; proper speeds and feeds; machining pockets square and to size; machining key-ways; etc.
- Must know all press operations such as: how does each press work; all safety procedures; how to get dies in and out of the press; how to clamp dies correctly; how to raise and lower ram; proper use of safety stands; proper press shutdown procedures; shut height on a tool; how to adjust the Ram properly; etc.
- Must know all lathe operations such as: startup procedures; drilling operations; parallel turning; polishing; how to end face; how to sharpen a lathe bit; how to face a shoulder; how to turn a thread; how to turn a taper; how to use a live center; etc.
- Should know how to saw steel properly such as: proper blade for stock thickness; blade installation; how to weld a blade; setting guides properly; proper speed and feed; etc.
- Should have excellent bench skills such as: basic blue print reading; use of a height gauge; use of a sine plate; use of files; vernier and caliper reading; use of telescopic gauges; use of gauge blocks, hand drilling, how to use radius gauges, set punches, fitting cam slides, fitting sections to pockets, fitting sections onto keys etc.
- Should have good hand grinding skills such as: proper use of a disc grinder
Machinist/Tool & Die Repair/Tool & Die Maker - Aberdeen, MD Job
. Job Responsibilities: * Safely perform maintenance on equipment used in manufacturing steel products, as well as various auxiliary plant equipment, buildings and/or grounds.
Primarily responsible for maintaining continuous operation of rollform machines, presses, and packaging equipment; make appropriate machine adjustments and repairs in a timely manner.
Perform all work in a safe manner; utilize all safety equipment necessary for work to be performed including proper lock-out procedures, machine guarding, etc.
Perform visual quality inspections of parts and address issues/areas of improvement; recognize issues and take proper corrective actions needing little supervision.
Perform preventive maintenance and inspections of presses, air compressors, packaging equipment, glue machines, stamping presses, roll formers, etc.
Able to diagnose and repair issues with basic electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls systems.
Work from detail prints, schematics, samples, drawings, and/or verbal instructions.
Able to function as team member or leader and communicate with all levels of operation.
Safely utilize measuring equipment like electrical meters, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators.
Basic computer skills to accurately report maintenance work, parts used, and OSHA inspections using a computerized maintenance software program.
Operate various types of Mobile Equipment (Forklifts, Scissor Lifts, etc.) * Safely utilize hand tools and basic machine shop equipment band saw, drill press, pipe threader, cut-off saw, and other various tools.
Welding and part fabrication skills is a plus.
Assist in training with new employees and production team to make appropriate adjustments and replace certain tooling and machine parts. /Positions are on the off shifts/Job
* 3+ years of relevant work experience
Vocational, Community College, or Apprenticeship training
Ability to work to close tolerances
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Exposure to AutoCAD a plus .
Equal Opportunity Employer: *AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Tool And Die Maker / Die Repair
Our Company offers:
Tool and Die Repair / Die Maker
Tool Room Machinist
Tool Room VMC / Wire EDM
Desired background includes one or more:
Die Maker / Die Repair
Tier 1 automotive supplier is seeking an experienced Die Maker / Die Repair
- Maintain and repair current production
- New die construction
Candidates must have 5 years' experience with progressive dies, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Our manufacturing capabilities include; large metal stamping (600 ton), small and medium stamping (150 - 300 ton), resistant spot welding, robotic mig welding, tapping (in-die & off line), orbital peening (caulking), heat staking, riveting and intricate sub assemblies.
Our tool development capabilities include; progressive dies, checking fixtures, weld fixtures, assembly fixtures and dedicated machinery.
Die Maintenance Technician - Die Casting
Company Introduction Kamtek is a Tier 1, automotive manufacturing supplier that specializes in Metal Stamping and Assembly for Mercedes, Volkswagon, Kia and Hyundai. As a local distributor and supplier, Kamtek’s market segmentation to Cosma International, (a division of MAGNA INTERNATIONAL) provides a “state-of-the-art” product that utilizes the most technologically advanced Pressing processes in order to maintain a competitive advantage to other OEM’s within the market. Our company’s culture of team spirit & mutual respect with a focus on fair treatment helps us to embrace our multi-cultural affiliation with Magna International, and supports our mission through process efficiency and competitive product pricing. Furthermore, the culture at Kamtek focuses on Job Security, with employees being given the opportunity for continuous training, advancement within the skill/trade, and potential for growth within our safe work environment. We offer Employee Equity and Profit Participation programs which increase our employees’ ownership within the company. Kamtek, part of Cosma International and a division of Magna International, represents the the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segments
- North America, Europe, and Rest of World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly. We have a global presence in order to support our customers on a worldwide basis, consisting of 136,000 employees in 319 manufacturing operations and 85 product development, engineering and sales centers in 29 countries on four continents as of Q2 2015. ##### Job Introduction To maintain and troubleshoot dies in-house to produce a quality product in a safe manner.
Major Responsibilities Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthful workplace and keeping tooling maintained to produce quality products
. Also responsible for continuous improvement of tooling, housekeeping, making informed decisions, and having tooling ready for production runs. 1)Follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies. 2)Understand and promote Magna’s philosophies (Magna Operational Principles, Corporate Constitution and Employee’s Charter). 3)Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity 4)Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials) 5)Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date. 6)Operates a variety of small machines, tools and equipment. 7)Verifies conformance of machined or repaired dies to specifications by checking dimensions, clearances and alignments. 8)Troubleshoots for problems during production. 9)Modifies dies and tooling to conform to engineering changes. 10)Tryout of new die sets and tooling. 11)Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations 12)Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments 13)Sound understanding and knowledge of Die Casting Operations and Quality procedures 14)Assist in determining spare parts requirements 15)Maintain accurate documentation 16) Train operators and new employees 17) Recommend modifications to existing equipment 18) Establish and maintain communication with other team members and support departments 19) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes 20) Ensure quality product and know quality procedures 21) Perform die changes 22) Perform troubleshoot of tooling (in or out of the presses) 23) Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions 24) Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures 25) Promotes good housekeeping (5S) 26) Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education EDUCATION:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required: 2-year from a technical college or minimum 5 years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility TECHNICAL TRAINING: OTHER: Journeyman certification is preferred: general knowledge of troubleshooting, materials and methods, machines and tools, and practical application of engineering science. Computer knowledge and CNC or EDM and Tig welding, but not required; CAD/Blueprint reading and shop math; die building experience is a plus, but not necessary. Basic knowledge in automation.
Work Experience Minimum of
4 years experience
- Tool & Die background in a manufacturing environment; journeyman experience preferred, job shop, hands on; Die Casting background. Welding experience, die construction, basic machining (milling, grinding, turning), sharpening cutting edges, reworking form steels, tig welding, mig welding, arc weld
Skills and Competencies
Ability to use all tool room equipment and measuring tools
Ability to work unsupervised and make quick decisions
Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills
Ability to problem solve and troubleshooting in Press
Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
Proven ability in aluminum trim die setup including steel entry standards and trap points
Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
Trouble shooting surface quality issues and implementing corrections, stoning, highlighting and perform changes to meet customer expectations in tooling.
Must be willing to work extended or flexible hours as needed
Must possess knowledge of casting processes
Willingness to adapt to change and learn
Work Environment Some of the physical demands of this position include lifting in excess of
40 pounds. Moving tool boxes around, and lifting and standing for extended periods of time. Group: Cosma International
Job Type:* Regular
Die Polisher / Die Corrector - Metals Industry
AAEC has an opportunity for an experienced Die Polisher, including:
- Cleaning, polishing and maintaining H13 steel tooling so it is ready for production as scheduled.
- Assist in die corrections and die trials.
This position requires the following experience:
- A minimum of two years experience in die polishing in a metal industry.
- The ability to use calipers and other measurement instruments.
- The ability to work in a high heat environment with caustics, frequent standing, stooping bending and lifting up to 75 pounds.
American Aluminum Extrusion's vision is to become a world class aluminum extruder and fabricator of aluminum extruded parts for the targeted market niche segments who value superior quality, outstanding individual customized service at a fair market price, and who appreciates and values a strong, long term business relationship.
Die Maintenance / Die Repair 1St Shift
Die Maintenance / Die Repair - 1st Shift
Superior Die, Tool & Machine Co. is a family-owned manufacturer of Stamping Dies, Sheet Metal Stampings and Machining services. We provide machining services throughout the Midwest for all types of machining work. We have two plants located in Columbus, Ohio servicing the automotive, agriculture and heavy truck industries. We have over 100-years of providing cost-effective solutions to our customers in our manufacturing operations.
We are currently seeking a Die Maintenance / Die Repair for our first (1st ) shift. Flexibility and the willingness to work overtime is a must.
- Makes trouble shooting press call to stamping department
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, radial drill press, and grinder, to machine parts to specifications,
- Metal finish flat and contoured surfaces and fits parts to each other.
- Lifts die parts and positions them for assembly on worktable or surface plate.
- Spotting of dies to match
- Verifies dimensions, clearances and alignment of tooling and die.
- Records information performed on dies.
- Completes proper documentation (daily reports, work orders and other controlled documents); this may include tagging dies after changeover and tool repair.
- Fits and assembles Trim and Forms Steels and also sets punches to the lower.
- Connects wiring, Air and Lube lines to install electric and hydraulic components.
- Dismantles die and repairs or replaces parts.
- Trouble shoot dies and causes of defective parts during production and first piece process. Must be able to make die repairs in a timely manner.
- Able to make tooling production ready in regards to scrapfall, loading/unloading of tools, clamp-up, shut-height, etc.
- Able to work as a team member to contribute to the planning, scheduling and carrying out the die maintenance plan of action
- Other duties may be assigned
- Sharpen cutting sections as needed and reinstall and retime them if necessary.
- Check and tighten screws and dowels regularly.
- Wash and clean dies as needed
- Lubricate working components such as guide pins, slides and cams
- Monitors cycles and replaces springs before the end of their normal life expectancy.
- Inspects dies for cracks and broken sections
- Resurface die sections worn down as a result of normal use.
- Inspect items such as scrap ejectors, slug shoots and ejector pins to make sure they are not sticking
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To learn more, visit our website at www.superior-dietool.com / Careers
Die Maker Die Repair
ISG -Opportunity for Die Maker/Die Repair in Detroit, MI Area!!
A local company with a facility in the Detroit, MI area is currently seeking a Die Maker/Die Repairman for a Contract to Hire opportunity with their growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for Die Repairman seeking a 1st shift opportunity with a company that offers excellent leadership, development, and competitive rates.
Die Repairman rates are anticipated to be based on each candidates experience and education. All well qualified candidates will be considered regardless of pay rate. We offer excellent benefits including great medical, dental, etc.
Qualified Die Repairman will have most, if not all, of the following skills and experience:
" 3+ years' experience in the field of die repair, preferably metal stampings, and working knowledge of bench repair, assembly, machinery, tooling design, and various types of toolroom equipment including lathes, mills, powered hand tools and grinders.
" 2 + years' experience working with both Progressive and Transfer Die Presses. Experience working with high strength metals, aluminum, and stainless steel required.
" Able to troubleshoot die related issues and perform repairs and installations as necessary, implement countermeasures to increase equipment uptime, and perform preventative maintenance.
" Must be able to work in the United States (no H-1 sponsorship or student visas considered).
" Must be able to complete standard pre-hire checks including background, drug screen, references, etc.
Manufacturing Quality Tester
Manufacturing Quality Tester with West Carrollton Parchment & Converting in West Carrollton, OH
Do you have testing experience in a production/manufacturing environment? Are you an individual who enjoys testing and recording testing data to assure customer satisfaction? We’ve got an exciting opportunity for you!
West Carrollton Parchment & Converting (WCPCONV) produces an array of products, including parchment and non-parchment papers and laminated products. We have a great book of customers and are looking for can-do team members to help us deliver! We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Quality Tester to join our team. Some responsibilities of this position are:
- Performing lab testing with minimal supervision.
- Maintaining accurate records of observation and data gathered during the performance of duties.
- Entering data into computer files.
- Frequently employing knowledge of materials and production methods.
- Ensure that all activities and equipment used meet WCPCONV environmental and safety standards.
- Comply with relevant departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
The ideal candidate will need to have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and good laboratory practices, including measurement and data analysis skills. They will also be expected to be able to work with minimal supervision in conducting routine testing protocol and non-routine tasks. Some additional requirements of this position are:
- Associate’s Degree in Science, 1-5 years of laboratory experience.
- Experience in a laboratory and manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of WCPCONV Customer Order System is a desired skill.
- Normal vision (corrected to 20/20 vision).
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience testing production lines and working around machines.
If you are looking for a great career with a company poised for growth, plus an excellent benefits package, apply online today!
We are seeking local candidates; relocation and sponsorship are not provided. Please no phone calls or recruiters. Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V.
These processes include:
* Coatings: Silicone, Quilon, cold seal, and others
* Laminating: paper, foil, and film
* Waxing: dry wax and wet wax
* Printing: flexographic and rotogravure
* Slitting and Rewinding
* Sheeting and Precision Sheeting
* Die Cutting
Die Changer-Cleaner/Machinist Apprentice
Overview Summary:Apprentice for set-up, operate or tend drilling machines. To drill, bore, ream, mill, or countersink metal or plastic work pieces.
Rebuild, clean, and maintain mold dies. Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned. • Operate drill presses, lathes, boring mills, precision grinders. • Rebuild dies and components. • Some arc welding. • Mount attachments or tools onto production equipment. • Clean molds with dry ice machine or sand blaster. • Mount materials or workpieces onto production equipment. • Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications. • Align parts or workpieces to ensure proper assembly. • Change mold in presses. • Inspect molds, damage end plates, ejector plates, etc... Qualifications Education/Experience: •High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Minimum of two years machining experience. • Machinist Diploma. (Preferred) • Experience programming, setting up, and operating CNC and manual machines. • Basic welding skills a plus. ID2017-3094 Functional AreaManufacturing & Production Business UnitRegular Full-Time TypeRailroad Friction Products Corp
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!