Die Try Out Worker Stamping Job Description Sample
Stamping Die Design Engineer
JDP Search Group is a Veteran Owned search firm based out of Northeast Ohio with a National Scope as we help clients across the United States.
We specialize in the Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction, and CyberSecurity sectors and find leaders and problem-solvers for the companies that we seek talent.
Our clients include Fortune 500, start-up, small, medium, private equity, and privately held companies. We are the hardest working recruiters in the business and tirelessly seek out new methods to streamline our recruiting efforts to find great talent in order to save you time, money and effort.
Having one of the most robust networks including our candidate database and connections on all facets of Social Media we are able to find the unfindable. There's a reason we get repeat business and that is because we do it the RIGHT way the first time and our clients keep coming back and the candidates that we have hired are promoted over and over.
Our growing client is looking to upgrade their Engineering team in order to capitalize on their capacity to take on additional work from their client base.
The hands-on Die Design Engineer will have an immediate chance to make a huge impact in this high visibility role.
The ideal engineer will be self-sufficient, creative and able to handle multiple projects within the fabrication environment.
• Coordinate engineering and technical activities - design, development, fabrication, and implementation of tooling and equipment.
• Utilize best engineering practices, policies, procedures to coordinate tooling and equipment development activities for new processes, products, and current production.
• Design stamping tooling, aerospace tooling, production fixturing, and special machines for assembly.
• Create 3D models, 2D drawings, BOM, Gantt charts, process sheets. • Lead projects, set expectations, engage, guide, and provide support to toolmakers and CNC programmers in order to meet project deadlines.
• Lead DFM meetings to ensure the customer's technical needs are met.
• Develop and coordinate tool due diligence to ensure manufacturability.
• Support tool shop activity to ensure fabrication is to specifications process needs, cost requirements and schedules. • Support injection molding with fixtures, gages, end of arm tooling (EOAT), and other basic tool support.
• Lead root cause analysis efforts and define cost reduction plans. • Coordinate and conduct tool trials for process development and prototype supply.
• Evaluate potential engineering changes to the products and what tooling changes are required, implement tool design models and drawings as required.
• Define critical criteria required for primary equipment specification and quotation, including material handling equipment, tonnage, and special construction requirements.
• Develop, propose and implement tooling and equipment improvements to foster an environment of continuous improvement. • Fluent in change controls.
• Perform necessary functions to adhere to ISO standards.
• Provide Quality Department with documentation and models for inspection purposes.
• Provide tooling and special equipment training to operators.
• Report on all process development and tool design activities relative to achieving targets, risks and deficiencies to project team and management.
• Support sales and quoting activity.
Qualifications (or Required Skills):
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years in a manufacturing engineering environment.
• Understanding of design for manufacturing, tooling technology, assembly, fabrication.
• Handle multiple projects.
• Problem-solving capability. • Knowledge of manufacturing methods - stamping, CNC machining, EDM, rapid prototyping, automation, robotics, 3D printing.
• Familiarity with design of basic assembly equipment and fixtures. • Proficiency with Solidworks.
• Customer focused from an internal and external perspective. • Proficiency in geometric tolerance, quality assurance, quality management systems.
• Fluent in the use of continuous improvement tools & techniques to include Lean, Six, Sigma etc.
Tool & Die Maker Stamping
Metal Stamping Manufacturing Supervisor
Tool & Die Team Member – Stamping / Die Manufacturing
Teller / Personal Banker - Stamping Ground
Tool And Die Specialist, Gigafactory 1
Apprentice III - Tool & Die Maker
Die Cut Operator
Process Engineer - Die Cast Tool Engineering
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!