Die Try Out Worker Stamping Job Description Sample
Tool & Die Maker Stamping
Performs the activities required to support toolmaking operations and to make tools required by performing all operations necessary to construct, develop, alter, fit, align, adjust, calibrate and repair tooling, experimental tooling, dies, gages, jigs and fixtures, special machines and equipment. (Except molding dies)
Work with maintenance personnel and Tool Build Technicians during the construction of special machines and equipment or Stamping tool builds to account for correct maintenance and repair of those machines and tools.
Responsible for supplying sketches to engineering, to enable drawings to be made of tooling or new special machines and equipment.
Must be capable of operating all toolroom machines and equipment related to the trade and instructing other toolmaker associates in their use.
Must be capable of independently producing tools from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to prescribed toolroom procedures, (i.e. deliverables). Communicates with tool designers, engineers, vendors, internal and external customers.
Perform basic support type tasks of various trades that can be completed safely.
Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Associates will be trained in and perform multiple work assignments. Summary of duties
Must be capable of trouble shooting and problem solving during tool repair process.
Notify Supervisor of issues that effect cost and timing.
Must be capable of measuring and machining parts to print tolerances.
Must be capable of expediting tool repairs within toolroom or with vendors.
Must be capable of adjusting schedules to react to changes in resources (personnel/equipment).
Notify Supervisor and/or Lead Person when necessary to replenish departmental supplies.
Assist in training other Tool and Die Maker personnel.
Perform other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Must be capable of independently producing tooling from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to proper toolroom methods (i.e. deliverables). Tools and equipment used:
Computers and printers, micrometer, calipers, scales, blueprints, comparator, ordinary standard gages, CMM, ordinary special gages, all department machinery, (including but not limited to):CNC machines, mills, lathes, grinding machines, drills, heat treating equipment, etc., reports, printouts, and forms. Various types of material handling equipment, including scales, power hand trucks, hand trucks, hand carts, etc., various hand tools, various containers including high boys, pans, bulk boxes, tubs, etc. Must have a journeyman card or 8 years of experience. STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Requistion Number: 2017-2923 Street: Milwaukee Shift: Second External Company Name: Strattec Security Corp. External Company URL: www.strattec.com
Tool & Die Makers - Progressive Stamping
Volt Workforce Solutions has partnered with a growing metal stamping company in the Chino, CA area who is seeking to identify an experienced Progressive Die Maker/Tooling specialist.
The ideal candidates need to have experience with the building, maintaining and repairing of progressive stamping dies and related tooling. Knowledge of machining processing using equipment such as; CNC Mills/Lathe, conventional mill/lathe and other tool room equipment. Experience with measuring devices, such as calipers and micrometers, is needed as well. Must have a manufacturing background and knowledge of machining processes and safety. This will be a 2nd shift position. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for high level Tool & Die making skills. Compensation will be based on overall knowledge and skills, determined through an interview process and the chosen candidates should have at least 5 years’ experience with any of these listed machines and job duties. THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE opportunity. Please submit most updated resume and salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities of Tool & Die Makers include the following:
- Knows and understands the Tool & Die standards, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Studies specifications such as computer aided designs, part data, machine prints, models, and descriptions used to fabricate individual details.
- Working from engineered designs, the die maker computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, and grinder, to machine individual details, and verifies conformance of machined details to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Completes other tasks as needed in order to build conforming and functioning tools and dies.
- Tests completed tools and dies to ensure that they meet both Aranda Tooling and customer specifications.
Metal Stamping Die Designer - Catia
Companies within Tooling Systems Group are hiring Metal Stamping Die Designers for second shift. Metal Stamping Die Designers are responsible to design stamping dies to required specifications. Qualified applicants will be familiar with Catia CAD software and be able to design blank, line, progressive, and transfer dies and have at least 5 years of experience. TSG offers a competitive compensation package.
- Catia CAD Software
- 3D Surfacing
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity and discipline
- 5+ years of experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with a can-do attitude
CTS uses their design experience to accommodate a wide range of tooling orders for die builders throughout the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
Stamping Die Project Manager
HIROTEC AMERICA is the world's leading comprehensive engineering company; providing state of the art tooling, engineering services and products to automotive manufactures across the world. Currently, we are seeking to expand our Die Execution Business Unit.
The ideal candidate will hold the position of a Stamping Die Project Manager and will be responsible for reviewing project proposal and planning to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project. The individual will be the primary customer contact and have technical expertise for overall project management, including but not limited to tool process, design buy-off, and build integration of the project. Throughout the life of project, candidate will confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required. Prepare project reports for management, client, or others. In addition, candidate will work to continually strive to improve Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Safety (QDCS). Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
The position requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years related experience. Strong knowledge of automotive industry (closures/BIW- OEM preferred) and strong computer skills-Microsoft Office Products, technical aptitude with problem solving skills. Exceptional interpersonal/ communication skills, and must possess strong organizational skills, teamwork and leadership skills.
Ability to travel for service and installation, both nationally and internationally. Excellent work environment and benefits await you!
Tool & Die Metal Stamping
DIE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS-METAL STAMPED AUTO PARTS -2nd shift - Plants located in Shelbyville, IN and Senatobia, MS
$20.00-28.43 Hour Depending on experience, plus overtime. Shift premium on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Competitive benefits and possible relocation assistance
I. JOB SUMMARY
To operate technical equipment in order to produce 100% quality parts with a minimum amount of downtime and waste in compliance with the Quality Management System and production requirements.
- Responsibilities include: Lathe work, Machining, and Welding (TIG and MIG).
- General repair of production machine parts to ensure proper operations.
- Sheet metal fabrication.
- Repaired gears, pulleys and shafts to keep machines operating correctly.
- Operated forklifts for various applications of work to include lifting and placement of dies in proper machinery.
- · Must understand and follow the work standards on all machines in the area.
- · Perform machine and quality checks as outlined in the work standards.
- · Must be able to set-up and change over machines as required including die and material changes.
- · Must be able to troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on the machines.
- · Maintain daily charts.
- · Maintain 5’S Standards
- · Maintain good communication with Team Leaders and other Team Members.
III. SCOPE OF JOB
- Requires involvement with related internal departments in order to maintain production targets.
- Certification and proper use of GNC Lock Out Tag Out Program required.
- Requires shift work and overtime.
- Requires teamwork and participation in Employee Involvement and the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Sometimes requires working with hazardous chemicals.
- Other duties as required.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to perform a proficient level of arithmetic in the form of charts and graphs and be able to interpret and analyze them.
- Must be able to use measuring instruments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate process/product problems.
- Must have basic mechanical skills.
- Refer to Physical Essential Job Function manual.
Progressive And Single Hit Stamping Press Operators / Die Setters
We are seeking a Single Hit Press operators and Automated Progressive stamping / Die Setters to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
1st Shift and 2nd shift positions available
$12 - $16 Hr to start
- Capable of using calipers, micrometers, radius gauges, gauge pins, plug wraps and other measuring tools as needed.
- Assembles and installs proper tooling.
- Progressive dies, Line Dies, Sets up single and double action presses, or trim equipment, to proper dimensions.
- Performs first-piece and in-process inspections.
- Supports other die setters, press operators or other production personnel whenever quality or production problems occur.
- Set-up and runs presses.
- Participates in continuous improvement processes.
- Participates as a member of the Manufacturing team.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures.
Skills & Competencies:
- Must have metal stamping experience.
- Must be able to properly use measuring instruments; micrometer, digital caliper, radius gauges, pin gauges, feeler gauges, Rockwell hardness tester, fixture go/no go gauges, etc.
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints and GD&T tolerance; and can interpret statistical data and product specifications.
- Proven organizational skills to prioritize and balance multiple projects and coordinate project timelines to ensure timely completion with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED level education preferred.
- One year in mechanical disciplines related to die setting, or one year die-setter experience preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in progressive die metal stamping industry preferred.
- Basic mechanical skills and abilities
- Understanding and interpretation of blueprints and drawings.
- Operation of all die-setter tools and measuring devices calipers and micrometers.
- Troubleshooting abilities; correct production problems identified by press operators and other die-setters.
Stamping Die Setter/Die Repair
Company Information TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader.
Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – SDL2017
Stamping Tool And Die Skilled Group Leader (1St Line Supervisor) - Indiana
This position is for TOYOTA MOTOR MANUFACTURING INDIANA (TMMI) in Princeton, IN. TMMI manufactures the Tundra Truck, Sequoia SUV, and Sienna Mini-van.
Responsibilities will be as a Group Leader (1st Line Supervisor) to lead the Stamping Tool & Die organization.
Duties will include:
• Supervising and leading the Tool and Die organization
• Problem solving and troubleshooting of complex tooling issues.
• Multitasking and lead project activity
• Team member support and motivation
• Using data and data tracking to root cause and countermeasure issues
This position requires the ability to understand complex automotive dies / tooling. It also entails the use of analytical skills as well as problem solving techniques to troubleshoot panel quality and die productivity issues. The ability to motivate a skilled work force is critical.
The position will rotate between 3 shifts.
• Automotive die / tooling background required
• Tool and Die degree or apprenticeship served preferred.
• Skilled supervisory experience also preferred.
Job Manufacturing Operations
Primary Location US-IN-Evansville/Princeton-Princeton
Organization TMMI - Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana
% Overtime 15%
Job Posting Nov 15, 2017, 11:40:50 AM
Custodial Service Worker Hourly - Parma Stamping
About Aramark Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
Maintain all assigned ancillary areas and department areas in a clean neat and sanitary manner.
Maintains all assigned ancillary areas, department areas, and corridors with the correct preventative maintenance procedures as outlined in department policy as requested.
Assists in enhancing productivity and efficient operations of the department.
Promotes effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships, maintaining professional conduct at all times.
Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence by adherence to component and departmental annual training commitments.
Inspects and utilizes judgment in determining which cleaning techniques outlined in orientation guidelines to follow.
Demonstrated efficient and safe use of housekeeping equipment and solutions as observed by supervisor.
May disinfect and sterilize equipment and supplies, using germicides and sterilizing equipment.
Maintains a clean and orderly environment in the assigned area to protect safety and health of others.
Diligently employs universal precautions when disposing of trash and bio-hazardous materials.
Thoroughly mops and vacuums floors in accordance with established guidelines.
Keeps cart properly stocked with equipment and cleaning supplies; ensures all chemicals are properly labeled, and all equipment is in good working condition.
Performs other tasks, as needed, to maintain the assigned area in a clean and orderly fashion.
Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other areas.
Performs all other related duties.
Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management, and Aramark support staff.
Ability to respond effectively to changing demands. Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Die Construction Worker
Reviews design prints, operates cutoff saws, sets up and operates precision die shop equipment. Manufactures details machines, grinds, fits, drills, reams and counter bores holes to dimensions. Blocks die assemblies for 3D and profiles. Finalizes assembly after heat treat. Assembles die complete for dry run buyoff before going to
Reports To: Die Shop Manager
Strive towards completing tasks and jobs within the original estimated hours
Supports the Quality System
Follows the ATC Die Build Process
Promotes shop Safety
Interpret die designs
A motivated person, a self-starter
Personable, team oriented
Die maker or Tool & Die maker
Boring mill operator
Conventional mill operator
EDM- conventional and wire
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances
Hands on shop experience
Certified Journeyman Die maker or Tool & Die maker.
In lieu of certificate 8 years experience or 16,000 documented hours.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!