Diesel Mechanic Job Description Sample
Diesel Mechanic / Fleet Mechanic / EVT Mechanic Needed
Firetrucks Unlimited is a family owned business founded in 2007. We offer complete refurbishment services for fire trucks and ambulances. Refurbishment includes a complete tear down, inspection, repair, repaint and upgrade of the entire fire truck. We have over 55 employees and are looking for a motivated diesel truck mechanic to join our team. Be a part of something unique and rewarding, apply today!
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- $17.50 - $36 /hr. (Compensation will be dependent on experience and certifications.) (Max wage for team leaders with certs and 4 years tenure is $36/hr)
- Competitive Pay (Weekly Checks)
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Vision, Life, Dental Insurance
- IRA retirement account with company match
- Company Training Programs
- Stable employment at a growing company that offers advancement opportunities!
Starting Wage Scale:
- No Certs - $17.50 - $19.00 (Depending on Experience)
- ASE Certified in T-3, T-4, T-5 & T-8 $19.50 per hour,
- ASE Certified in T-3, T-4, T-5, T-6, T-7, & T-8 $21.50 per hour,
- EVT Certified Mechanics $23.00 - $27.50 per hour
Technicians will work within a team to diagnose, repair, and upgrade fire apparatus.
- Receives repair order assignments from Shop Foreman.
- Performs service and repairs of all types of automotive and heavy equipment including: changing oils, filters and lubricants; servicing battery, hydraulic, fuel and electrical systems; replacing light bulbs, fan belts, hoses, batteries, and cables; washing and steam cleaning vehicles; and other related work.
- Performs major and minor adjustments and repairs to vehicle and fire apparatus.
- Notes obvious mechanical and operating defects in vehicles and equipment and reports such defects to immediate supervisor for appropriate corrective action.
- Operates fueling, lubricating, and related service tools and equipment.
- Dedication and adherence to all company and industry safety standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesKnowledge of:
- Automotive and heavy equipment service work including oil, fuel, hydraulic, cooling and battery system servicing, lubrication, and accessory replacement.
- Tools, equipment, materials and methods employed in the servicing and repair of automotive and heavy equipment.
- Automotive and heavy equipment mechanics and operating characteristics.
- 2+ years heavy equipment mechanical experience and the ability to provide own tools.
- Experience with medium to heavy duty diesel trucks.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, CDL is a plus.
- Preferred: successful completion of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) (certifications).
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
Diesel Technician - Diesel Mechanic
Diesel Technician - Diesel Mechanic
Our team is currently looking for several Diesel Technicians- Diesel Mechanics at our Pontoon Beach, ILL location. This is a fabulous opportunity for knowledgeable, hardworking Diesel Technicians- Diesel Mechanics to apply his or her skills in a company that offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and opportunity for career growth....GROW WITH US.
Diesel Mechanic - Certified Diesel Technicians
Certified Diesel Technicians Click Here to Apply Online Job Description Bring your commercial Diesel Mechanic skills to our newest operation in Dunnigan, California. We have a brand new shop opening in early 2018. Pilot Flying J Truck Care Roadside Service and Truck Care Centers Competitive Pay
Paid Weekly Bonus opportunity Spiff opportunities ?Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription & Life Insurance Company Matched 401K Paid Vacations and Holidays Promotions This position will require someone with: Requirements Valid driver’s license at all times.
Pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical High School GED. Pass a background check of DMV report, criminal, and work history. Training/Advancement PFJ Truck Care Centers will train and certify you in TIA Commercial Basic Tire Service.
Advancement as Certified Technicians by obtaining ASE Medium-Heavy Duty T2-T8 Certifications Tests. PFJ will pay registration fees and pay bonus for each test passed. Test offered; Diesel Engines Drive Train Brakes Steering & Suspensions Heating, Ventilation & A/C Electrical Systems PM Inspections The basic duties of this position include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Ability to repair, trouble shoot and fix commercial truck maintenance issues Understanding Commercial Truck Tire Brands, Models & Sizes. Proper detailing of work completed using Complaint, Cause & Correction to advise customer of what we have performed, advice on further repairs needed but declined, improper repairs or partial repairs against our advice to protect location against warranties that can lose guest trust and incur warranties. Use Remove
Torque procedures when installing wheel assemblies to determine worn, miss-matched, cracked or broken components are determined and replaced. Able to remove and install, mount and dismount tires Proper inflation of commercial truck tires Maintains product knowledge and explain features and benefits for truck care services Assesses value of trade-in tires and provides quotes to customer Other duties may be assigned.
Class A CDL NOT REQUIRED We are hardworking, proud individuals and we treat our team members like family. Join us today! Dunnigan CA 95937
Diesel Mechanic / Trailer Mechanic 210-381-3132
- Full Time
- High School Diploma
- Tractor Trailer Experience Minimum 1 Year
- Diesel Mechanic 1 Year
- 5 day work week
- Competitive pay/based on experience
- Uniforms Provided
- Bilingual is a Bonus
- Perform Preventative maintenance
- Inspections on all equipment before returning them to service
- Diagnose, repair, replace mechanical, electrical and other systems according to established service criteria
- Trouble shoot procedures and failure analysis of components
- Lift and install heavy components of CMVS such as starters, clutches, brakes and other parts
- Ensure Parts and Labor are accurately charged to the proper repair order
- maintain a clean and safe work environment that complies with osha regulations
- Keep track of inventory and work paperwork for maintenance records.
We will only accept applicants with Resume.
Diesel Mechanic And Trailer Mechanic
Commercial Carriage LLC has an opening for a diesel/trailer mechanic. Our fleet needs a qualified individual that must have full knowledge of diesel engines and tractor repair that includes troubleshooting, air systems, electrical systems, brake systems and suspension. The individual must also have knowledge of trailers electrical system, tires, air systems, structural checks, decks, wheel seals and brakes.
Wage depends on experience. Commercial Carriage offers medical, dental & vision benefits, paid holidays, and vacation.
Mechanic - Diesel Mechanic
Mechanics are required to be proficient with rebuilding gas and diesel engines. Mechanics will be required to disassemble old engines, then machine them. When complete they will required to reassemble testing and calibrating the engines in accordance to manufacture specs.
- Applicants must be mechanically inclined with a systematic knowledge of combustible engines.
- They must have a minimum of 3 years experience in rebuilding gas and diesel engines.
- Understand the structure and operations of a service department.
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Work effectively with machine shop equipment.
- Able to machine and micro gauge different types engine parts.
- Able to understand and operate computer programs.
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff.
- A true teacher and leader of staff.
Heavy Truck Diesel Mechanic Needed Immediately!
We have an immediate opening for a Heavy Truck Diesel Mechanic.
You will be responsible for working on a variety of Class 7 & Class 8 trucks.
- Minimum of 3-5 yrs of heavy truck diesel experience
- Prior road service experience is a plus
- Valid Driver's license, CDL preferred
- possess current DOT medical card or be able to obtain med card prior to employment.
- suitable MVR and criminal background.
- competitive hourly pay plus double time pay when on call.
- Excellent benefits package including: 401k, profit sharing, flexible spending, medical, dental and vision insurance, PTO, vacation pay, and life insurance.
Please call Becky 423-322-5035 for immediate consideration!
A&A Concrete Supply a Diesel Mechanic for our Sacramento location! For immediate consideration, Contact Michael at (949) 877-9863 or you may apply directly via this site or our website, http://aareadymix.com/employment/. This is a full time position offering competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Repairs and maintains Freightliner, Mack, and Peterbilt trucks/tractors, along with related electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reads job orders and observes and listens to trucks in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.
Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes repairs and/or adjustments.
Repairs trailer chassis, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components
Overhauls diesel engines.
Lubricates moving parts, installs new ignition systems, aligns front wheels, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.
Drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
Fabricates special liftings, attachments, shields, or other devices according to instructions drawings.
Performs routine and preventive maintenance to keep vehicles and equipment in compliance with DOT and company standards
Ensures vehicles meet CHP/BIT/PM inspection requirements
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service- Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork- Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent experience
Minimum of two years of heavy duty tractor maintenance experience
Ability to work on electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
Welding ability would be desirable
Must have own tools
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present and receive information from management and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A&A Concrete Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Great opportunity to join a growing company!
Marten Transport LTD, a leading refrigerated carrier,is currently hiring Diesel Mechanics for one of our dedicated locations. Looking for a Tractor Technician/Diesel Mechanic in Zionsville, IN . Advanced and entry level positions available. Competitive pay package based on experience.
Great benefits offered including UMR medical, Delta Dental and 401K (starting at 90 days!).
Apply online at www.marten.com
We are looking for experienced Diesel Mechanics to maintain/repair our fleet of trucks/trailers. Your primary responsibility will be to furnish quality major and minor in-house repairs to the Tractor/Trailer fleet in a timely and efficient manner.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!