Diesel Mechanic Apprentice Job Description Sample
Apprentice Diesel Mechanic
As the nation s leading bottled water company, Nestl Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we re also committed to developing our people enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed. Nestl Waters consists of four business units:
Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain
and ReadyRefresh by Nestl . Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers. The Fleet Technician Apprentice's primary function is to assist other technicians with preventative and corrective maintenance on fleet vehicles and equipment including propane and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, air brakes, forklifts, tankers and trailers.
Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on gas, propane, electric and diesel engines and drive train components.
Fabricates and welds critical suspension and chassis components.
Handles all aspects of shop operations including, but not limited to, completing automated work orders, processing invoices, parts ordering, inventory control, customer service and communication, direct and indirectlabor accountability, and ensuring quality control and shop safety.
Road tests all completed work for quality and adherence to established procedures/specifications.
Knowledge of proper procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
Trains less experienced employees in correct technical repair procedures in team concept maintenance.
Performs shop clean-up and housekeeping responsibilities as well as other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications Include:
Must meet requirements and demonstrate ability to perform duties of the lower technician s classifications in an efficient, safe, and expeditious manner.
Should have completed a minimum two years technical education with an AA degree or be enrolled in an ongoing recognized technical training program designed to provide practical application of current automotive repair techniques, or have two years hands-on experience.
Maintains a neat and orderly appearance at all times, wearing prescribed uniform and appropriate safety equipment.
Maintain personal grooming in compliance with the prescribed dress code.
Must have adequate inventory of tools to perform required repairs and maintenance.
Must have a valid commercial driver s license (Class A or B), with a current DOT medical certification and provide, or take and provide, proof of passing the ASE T4 Brake Test within specified time.
Must be experienced in diesel engine repair, hydraulic systems, drive train assemblies, suspension chassis components, electrical troubleshooting and repair.
Must be skilled in fabrication welding, including aluminum welding.
Must perform all functions of workin accordance with Nestl Waters policy and procedures, in particular regard to safety, quality control and productivity. This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offers comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more! Nestl Waters North America is the nation s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestl Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brand is Nestea. We re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you ll receive a competitive total rewards package something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It s not just the work that you ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestl Waters? The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran Category: Nestle Waters, Supply Chain, Transportation
Apprentice Diesel Or Trailer Mechanic
Entry level Mobile Tractor/Trailer Mechanic $12-17 per hr. Vancouver/Portland
compensation: $12-17 per hour.
employment type: full-time
Seeking Apprentice Trailer or Diesel mechanics. If you have desire to learn a new trade, We will teach you.
Good benefits. Late day shift or Swing Shift. Tues-Sat. Flexible schedule.
Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician I, Apprentice
Company: Sysco AlbanyLocation:
US-NY-HalfmoonZip Code: 12065Minimum Level of Education: High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience: 0-1Position Type: Non-ExemptTravel Percentage: 0 More information about this job:
OVERVIEW:At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
POSITION SUMMARY: To assist Fleet Technician Journeyman and Fleet Technicians in providing safe, reliable and cost efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to perform diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle down time and improve total fleet reliability. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Learn to perform required inspections and preventive maintenance under the guidance of Fleet Technician Journeyman, Fleet Technician or Fleet Manager on vehicles and equipment (Tractors, Trailers, Convertor Dollies, Lift Gates, Light Duty Vehicles) to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet to include, but not limited to FAI/CVI (Annual) Inspections
Learn to perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles under the guidance of Fleet Technician Journeyman, Fleet Technician or Fleet Manager such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road- call repairs in a safe, efficient, and quality manner to include, but not limited to: Addressing all Driver VIR write ups in a timely manner, Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to Engines, Transmissions, Fuel & Ignition Systems, Exhaust Systems (including Regen), Intake Systems, Brake Systems, HVAC Systems, Lift Gate Hydraulic, Mechanical and Electrical Systems.
Document all work performed on Work Order (SAP) using Complaint, Cause, and Correction Format
Learn & develop efficiency in all Maintenance Relates Sysco Computer programs QUALIFICATIONS: Education and / or Experience:
High school diploma or Equivalent, Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2 year school
- None required with proper education Professional
Current and Valid Drivers License, CDL-A Preferred
Basic Knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and Components
Basic knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipmen
Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
Physical demands to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and crawl
Vision abilities to include Close & Distance vision, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Working Conditions: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law. This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time
Apprentice Diesel Technician (Technician Apprentice Program)
Apprentice Diesel Technician (Technician Apprentice Program)
Description Assist with general workshop activities while completing on the job and classroom based training. Assist in cleaning, disassembling and other basic workshop activities Learns Standard Repair Times (SRTs) and follows documented procedures and policies to complete basic repairs and maintenance Assists with completing required documentation, such as work completed documentation and time sheets via handwritten forms or business system input screens Completes training in line with skill and business requirements Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
Qualifications Skills No global skill level definition. Number of levels and skills to be defined locally based on local requirements Education, Licenses, Certifications Secondary school diploma or equivalent Experience Minimal level of work shop experience required or basic level knowledge of engine products Basic mechanical knowledge At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Fort Wayne-US, IN, Fort Wayne, Cummins Crosspoint
Recruitment Job Type
Dec 20, 2017, 9:23:57 AM
Req ID: 170006VX
5420 Dahlia St, Commerce City, CO 80022
Sunstate Equipment Co.
Where Safety and People are Core Values!
There is a unique feeling at Sunstate. You can feel it at any of our 60 plus locations.
If you are looking for a fun and rewarding work environment, comprehensive and cost-effective benefit package and so much more, Sunstate may be the place. We care about our people and it shows.
Required Skills and Experience
Ability to approach each work assignment and client interaction in an energetic, enthusiastic manner and act with urgency
Working knowledge of construction equipment is preferred
Experience in Electrical, Hydraulic, and Diesel Engine preferred
Valid driver’s license
Excellent communication abilities
Fluency in the English language
Verbal and Written
Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to, walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 90 pounds
Frequent exposure to the elements
Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on various types of heavy construction equipment
Provide high quality control standards while maintaining high levels of equipment readiness
Able to work a rotating on-call weekend schedule
Our leadership and workplace culture demonstrates value of each employee and rewards both individual and team contribution. Our Apprentice Mechanics receive a lucrative compensation and benefit package, including health insurance, paid-time-off, 401k plan and fun work environment.
Interested? Apply now!
Sunstate Equipment Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
A Drug Free Workplace and
Participates in E-Verify
We have opportunities in 60+ branches in 9 states!
Diesel Mechanic / Fleet Mechanic / EVT Mechanic Needed
Firetrucks Unlimited is a family owned business founded in 2007. We offer complete refurbishment services for fire trucks and ambulances. Refurbishment includes a complete tear down, inspection, repair, repaint and upgrade of the entire fire truck. We have over 55 employees and are looking for a motivated diesel truck mechanic to join our team. Be a part of something unique and rewarding, apply today!
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- $17.50 - $36 /hr. (Compensation will be dependent on experience and certifications.) (Max wage for team leaders with certs and 4 years tenure is $36/hr)
- Competitive Pay (Weekly Checks)
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Vision, Life, Dental Insurance
- IRA retirement account with company match
- Company Training Programs
- Stable employment at a growing company that offers advancement opportunities!
Starting Wage Scale:
- No Certs - $17.50 - $19.00 (Depending on Experience)
- ASE Certified in T-3, T-4, T-5 & T-8 $19.50 per hour,
- ASE Certified in T-3, T-4, T-5, T-6, T-7, & T-8 $21.50 per hour,
- EVT Certified Mechanics $23.00 - $27.50 per hour
Technicians will work within a team to diagnose, repair, and upgrade fire apparatus.
- Receives repair order assignments from Shop Foreman.
- Performs service and repairs of all types of automotive and heavy equipment including: changing oils, filters and lubricants; servicing battery, hydraulic, fuel and electrical systems; replacing light bulbs, fan belts, hoses, batteries, and cables; washing and steam cleaning vehicles; and other related work.
- Performs major and minor adjustments and repairs to vehicle and fire apparatus.
- Notes obvious mechanical and operating defects in vehicles and equipment and reports such defects to immediate supervisor for appropriate corrective action.
- Operates fueling, lubricating, and related service tools and equipment.
- Dedication and adherence to all company and industry safety standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesKnowledge of:
- Automotive and heavy equipment service work including oil, fuel, hydraulic, cooling and battery system servicing, lubrication, and accessory replacement.
- Tools, equipment, materials and methods employed in the servicing and repair of automotive and heavy equipment.
- Automotive and heavy equipment mechanics and operating characteristics.
- 2+ years heavy equipment mechanical experience and the ability to provide own tools.
- Experience with medium to heavy duty diesel trucks.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, CDL is a plus.
- Preferred: successful completion of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) (certifications).
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
Automotive Mechanic Technician "And" Mechanic Apprentice
Whether you join us as an entry-level General Service Technician or veteran Master Mechanic, you’ll benefit from our hands-on training and ASE Certification reimbursement programs. The role of the mechanic is to inspect, diagnose, prepare, estimate, repair, and install mechanical services including brakes, driveline suspension systems, wheel alignments, and oil changes.
· Conducts vehicle inspections for mechanical services
· Performs general mechanical repairs
· Assist in the Tire installation, balancing, and repairing
· Perform schedule maintenance services on vehicles
· Ability to work a flexible retail schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
· Valid Driver’s License
· Criminal Background Check
· Pre-employment Drug Screen
· 18 years or Older
· Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· 401(k) with company match
· Generous paid vacation and PTO programs
· Tuition/ASE Certification Reimbursement
· Career Path Development Plans
· Tool Insurance
WIDE-OPEN, FAST-PACED, ACTION-PACKED! That’s how we describe our working environment. It’s what sets life at TBC apart from the rest. There’s never a dull moment when there’s always a chance to thrill a customer, make the organization more profitable and enjoy greater career success. Nine simple words neatly summarize the essence of our culture. If it matters to YOU, it matters to TBC! APPLY TODAY! www.tbccareers.com
TBC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Work Environment
TBC Corporation - Ahead of the Curve
For nearly 60 years, TBC Corporation has committed itself to being "a tire company ahead of the curve." In large measure, that has meant anticipating key market trends, and successfully capitalizing on them at every turn. From wholesale to retail, both nationally and internationally, that foresight has allowed TBC to become the industry leader in the private brand tire category.
Apprentice Diesel Truck Mechanic
A large company with over 60 locations nation-wide is in need of a couple Apprentice Diesel Truck-Trailer Mechanics for their shop in Livermore, CA! Diesel Technicians with experience repairing transportation equipment from manufacturers such as; Freightliner, Thermo King, Maxon Liftgates, and Cummins or Detroit engines will be preferred. At least a minimum of 1 year of experience performing Preventative Maintenance repairs, repairing transportation equipment, maintaining PM logs with proper documentation, following company and government safety guidelines, and welding experience is required for this position. This is an in-shop role with a company that performs preliminary drug screens and pre-employment background checks. Must have your own set of tools and be willing and able to obtain a CDL A.
Compensation: $18.00 - $22.00/hour. Starting wage will be based on previous experience and training. Benefits kick in after the 90 day probationary period and include medical, dental, vision, and a 401K plan.
Shift: Afternoons available; 2:00pm- 10:30pm (Sunday- Thursday). OT available after 40 hours per week.
Direct Toll Free: 1-888-###-####
Associated topics: class a company driving, covenant is hiring teams, driver owner operator, driving messenger, hazardous material endorsement, line haul, lyft driver part time, overdimensional owner operator, road team, tanker driver
The mechanic apprentice is responsible for supporting and maintaining the day to day operation and maintenance, of the sewing machines and any other production equipment. Supports the mechanic with repairs in order to ensure longevity and maximum performance.
- Repair, troubleshoot and maintain the sewing machines and some other production equipment such as grommet and rivet machines, hot cutters, compressors etc.
- Assist in the repair and maintain the lift trucks.
- Building maintenance as necessary.
- Minor mechanical, plumbing and electrical repairs throughout the facility to keep the facility in full operation conditions.
- Perform and maintain routine preventive maintenance on production equipment.
- Responsible for bringing and/or taking mechanical parts or complimentary items to/from outside vendors/suppliers.
- Modify/fabricate equipment in order to maintain or improve the production line.
- Responsible for the cleaning of assigned work areas and maintenance shop, including proper care and maintenance of tools.
- Adhere to all CLC and Falltech safety policies and procedure.
- Coordinate all preventive maintenance or new equipment installation with facility manager.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Communicate complicated machinery problems to supervisor order to arrange repair visits.
- All other functions and responsibilities as described by supervisor or facility manager.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have experience with hand tools, power tools and various other preventive maintenance items.
- Must be familiar with safety and preventive maintenance programs.
- Must be able to manage time and set priorities.
- Must have a teamwork attitude and be able to communicate and work well with superiors, co-workers and others associated with the company’s business.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instruction in English and Spanish.
- Able to lift up to 50 lb.
- Must possess ability to analyze and repair problems, using independent thinking and trouble shooting skills.
- High school diploma or trade vocational school training a plus.
- Must be able to use his own vehicle to run company errands. Mileage will be paid.
FallTech also offers on-site consultation and problem solving and a variety of training options for the distributor and end-user of Personal Fall Arrest System products.
Our primary distribution channels are in the U.S., but we are rapidly growing our international business in Latin America and Asia.
Manufacturing, Height Safety Training and Consulting, Fall Protection Equipment, and Safety
150 - 200+ employees
Diesel Mechanic - Heavy Trucks - TSC
mechanic service trucks trucking
Transport Service , a highway subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group ,is now seeking Mechanics out of Decatur, IL . Apply Today! Advantages to joining our team Competitive pay Excellent benefits including:
Medical, Dental, & Vision plans Paid vacations & holidays 401K with company match Paid training Paid uniforms Tool allowance Mechanic/Driver referral incentive pay And so much more! We hope your career continues to be a long and a safe one. As you make decisions about your career, consider a position that fits your life with Kenan Advantage Group.
Mechanic High school diploma or GED equivalent 1 year minimum verifiable experience performing general mechanical work including maintenance and repair experience or equivalent qualifications Complete set of hand and air powered tools up to, and including, " drive Valid driver's license Technical school experience preferred Mechanic Apprentice Valid driver's license Call 877-691-4576 for more information or Apply Today! K enan Advantage Group , and its subsidiaries, is North America's largest liquid bulk transportation and logistics provider to the petroleum and specialty products industries. We operate in 125 fixed based, over 175 satellite locations and over 5,900 trucks.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!