Diesel Mechanic Helper Job Description Sample
Diesel Mechanic Helper Needed
Diesel Mechanic Helper Needed!
Location — Marble Falls, TX
Pay - Depending Upon Experience
J & M is a family owned trucking company that has been in business for over 60 years. We have terminals located in Alabama, Georgia, and Texas. We operate 550 pneumatic tanks, 50 food grade tanks and 25 flat beds to make transportation in the southeast as efficient as possible.
If your looking for an AMAZING company to work for that values their employees, treats them with respect, and rewards them for a job well done, Then J&M is the home for you!
We are seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic Helper who has some knowledge of how to work on heavy duty trucks and trailers.
Offer Awesome Benefits Such As:
- Health, Vision & Dental insurance starting as low as $10.00/week
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Tool Allowance
Check us out online at www.jmtank.com
Diesel Mechanic / Mechanics Helper
Career minded diesel mechanic need for day shift to help maintain our small fleet.
You will be working with one other mechanic in our shop in Austell.
Competitive salary based on experience with a full benefits package.
This is a full time or part time position with a solid 25+ year old company.
Minimum 1 year Diesel, Air Brake, Electrical, Hydraulic & good trouble shooting skills experience required.
You must so you have solid mechanical skills, we will train you to work on our sweepers.
Class B CDL is required within 60 days of hire date (we will assist you) drug screen is required.
Check out our website!
Diesel Mechanic And Helper
DIESEL MECHANIC & HELPER NEEDED Competitive Wages based on experience Paid Health Insurance Dental & Vision 401k Retirement Plan Paid Vacations Experience a plus 4880 Bardstown Rd, Elizabethtown, KY Phone: (270) 360-0070 Website: www.nallsspecialized hauling.com Send resume or come by & fill out an application.KYJobs.Net. Keywords: Diesel Technician, Location: Elizabethtown, KY - 42702
Diesel Mechanic / Fleet Mechanic / EVT Mechanic Needed
Firetrucks Unlimited is a family owned business founded in 2007. We offer complete refurbishment services for fire trucks and ambulances. Refurbishment includes a complete tear down, inspection, repair, repaint and upgrade of the entire fire truck. We have over 55 employees and are looking for a motivated diesel truck mechanic to join our team. Be a part of something unique and rewarding, apply today!
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- $17.50 - $36 /hr. (Compensation will be dependent on experience and certifications.) (Max wage for team leaders with certs and 4 years tenure is $36/hr)
- Competitive Pay (Weekly Checks)
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Vision, Life, Dental Insurance
- IRA retirement account with company match
- Company Training Programs
- Stable employment at a growing company that offers advancement opportunities!
Starting Wage Scale:
- No Certs - $17.50 - $19.00 (Depending on Experience)
- ASE Certified in T-3, T-4, T-5 & T-8 $19.50 per hour,
- ASE Certified in T-3, T-4, T-5, T-6, T-7, & T-8 $21.50 per hour,
- EVT Certified Mechanics $23.00 - $27.50 per hour
Technicians will work within a team to diagnose, repair, and upgrade fire apparatus.
- Receives repair order assignments from Shop Foreman.
- Performs service and repairs of all types of automotive and heavy equipment including: changing oils, filters and lubricants; servicing battery, hydraulic, fuel and electrical systems; replacing light bulbs, fan belts, hoses, batteries, and cables; washing and steam cleaning vehicles; and other related work.
- Performs major and minor adjustments and repairs to vehicle and fire apparatus.
- Notes obvious mechanical and operating defects in vehicles and equipment and reports such defects to immediate supervisor for appropriate corrective action.
- Operates fueling, lubricating, and related service tools and equipment.
- Dedication and adherence to all company and industry safety standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesKnowledge of:
- Automotive and heavy equipment service work including oil, fuel, hydraulic, cooling and battery system servicing, lubrication, and accessory replacement.
- Tools, equipment, materials and methods employed in the servicing and repair of automotive and heavy equipment.
- Automotive and heavy equipment mechanics and operating characteristics.
- 2+ years heavy equipment mechanical experience and the ability to provide own tools.
- Experience with medium to heavy duty diesel trucks.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, CDL is a plus.
- Preferred: successful completion of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) (certifications).
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
Mechanic helper assists mechanic in repairing trucks and other automotive vehicles. Knowledge includes disassembling engines, transmissions or differentials, to be repaired using hand tools and power tools. TASKS Assists with routine servicing and overhauling of all diesel engines Assists with repairing servicing and refurbishing engines, machinery and equipment Cleans trucks using prescribe solvents Lubricates and washes vehicles Mounts and balances new tires Assist with managing gas and diesel delivery and report accurately. Must comply with State Mandated inspections. Uses proper personal protection equipment Assist in maintaining inventory of spare parts. Complies with industry regulations and safety norms for conducting all jobs. Assist with the proper handling of all testing and repair tools. Assists other mechanic helpers to complete work orders. Reports damages and technical defects to the diesel mechanic Completes all tasks as assigned within the specified time limit. Performs other tasks or projects as described or assigned by Shop manager or head diesel mechanic
Aircraft Mechanic Helper
Assists with the maintenance on company aircraft.
• Essential Functions:
• 1. Help installation, maintenance, and repair workers in maintenance, parts replacement, and repair of aircraft.
• 2. Adjust and connect or disconnects wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand tools or power tools.
• 3. Perform duties, such as furnishing tools and supplies to other workers; cleaning work area, machines, and tools; and holding materials or tools for workers.
• 4. Assemble and disassemble machinery, equipment, components, and parts.
• 5. Clean or lubricate machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, power tools and cleaning equipment.
• 6. Help mechanics maintain and repair vehicles, industrial machinery, and electrical equipment.
• 7. Position vehicles, machinery, equipment, physical structures and other objects, for assembly or installation, hand tools, power tools, and moving equipment.
• 8. Assist with preheating, launch and recovery, servicing, fluids, snow removal, and deicing.
• 9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
• 1. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
• 2. Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
• 3. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
Maintenance Mechanic Helper
Performs routine semi-skilled work, assisting in the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of industrial machinery and facilities equipment. Assists maintenance mechanics by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill. Performs duties such as furnishing tools, materials and supplies to other workers; cleaning work area, machines and tools; and holding materials or tools for other workers.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists a skilled worker in making electrical, mechanical, carpentry, painting and related repairs of production and facilities equipment.
- Assist Mechanics by supplying, lifting and holding materials or tools.
- Ensures the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of a facility by maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the work area.
- Assists with installation, repositioning and moving of equipment and systems using general material handling equipment and tools.
- Removal of defective parts by dismantling equipment, machinery and devices utilizing basic hand and power tools.
- Assists with the fabrication of fixtures and repair parts by using basic machine shop tools and equipment.
- Performs maintenance work orders and submits them upon completion of the task.
- Contributes to team effort by working with other associates
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Follows correct lockout tagout procedures.
1 year of work experience preferably in maintenance or construction
General knowledge of the materials, equipment, tools and techniques of one of the mechanical or standard building trades
Ability to stand, walk, bend, and squat to work on and around machines. Climb ladders and utilize powered lifts. Lift items weighing up to 75 lbs.
Please call or text at 727-685-6913 to set up an interview
Pay rate: DOE
1st shift – 5:00am – 3:30pm
2nd shift – 3:30am – 2:00am
3rd shift - 2:00am – 12:00pm (noon)
Largo, FL 33777
Send your resume to email@example.com
Maintenance Mechanic Helper
Seeking Entry Level to Intermediate Level Maintenance Mechanic Helper for a Sheet Metal Fabrication facility. This is a full time long term position with advancement and growth opportunities. Must be familiar with hand and power tools and have some mechanical knowledge. Position pays $11 per hour with overtime pay. Please submit all resumes to Larry@ameritechsi.com
Diesel Technician - Diesel Mechanic
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!