Dietitian Chief Job Description Sample
Chief Clinical Dietitian
• 1 Utilizes knowledge, skill, and judgment in providing direct and indirect patient care.
• 2 Participates in patient/family/staff education.
• 3 Monitors employee productivity and provide coaching feedback to increase quality and productivity standards.
• 4 Responsible for scheduling staff to insure proper & adequate coverage.
Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics or Food and Nutrition. BCLS within three months of entry to position. Fifteen (15) hours continuing education annually.
Licensure/Certification: Current American Dietetic Association Registration &Texas licensure. ServSafe Certification required or obtained within 60 days of entry to position
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience as clinical dietitian.
Exercise Physiologist And Registered Dietitian
Role and Responsibilities
Develops, implements, and evaluates exercise programs for patients. Assesses cardiovascular and metabolic effects of exercise for cardiac and musculoskeletal rehabilitation. Creates educational materials and sessions for patients. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
· Fitness testing so that an accurate physiological profile of the individual can be obtained.
· Provide Nutrition Counseling
· Provide regular monitoring and reassessment of all training plans.
· Liaising with coaching staff to maximize the effects of training. Working in collaboration with other professionals such as psychologists, physicians, & dietitians.
· Providing benchmarks physiological information to enable long-term development.
· Producing reports and longitudinal studies and keeping up to date with long-term research.
· Raising awareness of health and fitness issues and promoting the benefits of exercise.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Must be a Licensed Nutritionist and may require a Master's Degree in Exercise Physiology. Certification as an Exercise Technologist, and 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Other duties may include attending, teaching and presenting to allied health professionals and other medical staff, and working with community groups, volunteering and local councils.
Background checks are performed on applicants.
Licensed Registered Dietitian - Must Have A BS In Dietetics
Education and Certification
BS degree in Dietetics or related field.
Must be registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian.
Must be licensed or certified as required by the State Licensing Agency for the state(s) in which he/she works as a dietitian.
The consulting dietitian guides the facility in the operation of a safe food and dietetics service that provides residents or patients with meals and services that meet their nutritional and therapeutic needs. The consultant does not assume staff or management responsibilities, but does observe, evaluate, advise, instruct, and recommend.
The consulting dietitian is responsible for observing the operation of the nutrition/dietary department of the facility, as appropriate, and indicating necessary changes to meet regulatory laws and compliance standards.
The consulting dietitian must demonstrate his/her knowledge of the job through exhibiting organizational and management skills and clinical nutrition competency.
The consulting dietitian must have the ability to work harmoniously with people, flexibility under varying circumstances, maturity, decisiveness, patience, integrity, and professionalism.
The consulting dietitian must have experience with varied responsibilities in medical nutrition therapy, administrative supervision, dining services, and staff education. Training can be provided.
The consulting dietitian must exhibit a direct working relationship with the food service manager/assistants,Administrator/assistants, and director of nursing/assistants. The dietitian must also exhibit close working relationships with all dietary employees, nursing personnel, and other personnel of the facility. Staff or management duties are not applicable, since this is a consulting position.
Pay Rate depends upon experience and location. Only Licensed Registered Dietitians need apply.
PO Box 1870
Richmond, KY 40476-1870
We are fortunate that our business keeps growing which allows us to retain more employees.
We are looking for a part time RD to partner with at our growing primary care/ HIV specialty private practice. We are specifically looking for a RD who wants to start their "own" practice within our clinic. We have a mixed payor population with Medicare/ PPO and managed care and we are looking to establish a comprehensive one stop shopping for our diabetic and chronic kidney disease patients.
You must be comfortable working with African-American and bilingual or monolingual Spanish speaking populations including developing culturally relevant nutrition plans. It would be helpful if you were familiar with our local community in order to advise and recommend food purchase choices. You must be community oriented and willing to provide assistance with our community outreach programs including health fairs. You also must be comfortable working with HIV positive populations and knowledgeable about metabolic disorders such as lipodystrophy.
Compensation will be as an independent contractor and based upon your billing. One morning a week to start and patients will be seen by appointment.
Experience utilizing an electronic medical record for data entry or progress notes is helpful.
You must have your malpractice liability insurance; your CV with your training and education and a copy of your license before your interview.
- A Registered Dietitian who possesses a bachelor’s degree with a major in foods and nutrition from an accredited college or university
- Is a member or eligible for membership in the American Dietetic Association, participates annually in continuing dietetic education and has at least two (3) years full-time work experience in dietetics see notes from above
- Knowledge and experience in women’s health and nutritional needs.
- Must be credentialed or eligible for enrollment in major health plan for patient care
- Active NPI number required
- Enrollment is Medicaid and Medicare preferred
The Registered Dietitian provides supervision and consultation sufficient within the scope and practice of a Registered Dietitian to maintain compliance with the needs of the GYN/Pre-Natal patients, as well as the surgical patients in order to meet nutritional requirements. The Registered Dietician ensures that patient’s nutritional plans are appropriate for their needs to promote the following:
- appropriate and acceptable weights during pregnancy
- prevention of nutritional compromise in referred patients
- adequate nutrition and education to the patient
Immediate Opening for a Full-time Licensed Registered Dietitian
Must be licensed with a minimum of 1 year experience.
Clinical Dietitian to cover a maternity leave (approximately 12 weeks) in our acute care facility.
Please submit License and Resume by fax to (562)427-1807
or call (888)755-5629 for more information.
Dietitian Nutritionist Position
Portrait Health Centers is seeking a Dietitian for their Nutrition Centers located in Meridian, Idaho. We are looking for someone who is energetic, driven, and independent. Hours are flexible. Positions available immediately.
Promote good dietary health and treat medical conditions by devising customized plans for patients based on their individual needs.
· Must be a registered dietitian and licensed in the state of Idaho
What we offer:
· A unique opportunity to build a practice around your talents and specialties
· Work and find support within an interdisciplinary team of professionals
· Create your own hours
· Competitive compensation plans
· Focus on being a clinician while the management team takes care of the rest
· Positions start part-time and can build to full-time if desired
Please send a resume for immediate consideration.
Visit Portrait Health Centers on the web for more information.
120-bed skilled nursing facility in Suffolk County
Full or Part Time (30 flexible hours)
Registered Dietitian w/ Bachelors of Science degree required or must be eligible for and pass registry exam
2 years clinical experience preferred
Experience with care planning & MDS 3.0
Prefer exp. In geriatric rehab processes
Knowledge of applicable Local, State and Federal regulations
Good understanding of food service delivery and production, ability to evaluate meal quality and adherence to modified diets
Work as part of multidisciplinary team, multitask and prioritize duties
Participate in quality improvement initiatives
Competitive salary and benefits package
Summary of Job Duties Coordinate all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of hospitalized patients in a variety of settings. Perform duties in support of and in compliance with hospital policy, performance improvement plans, The Joint Commission, and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies. Qualifications & Requirements Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) Ability to effectively use word processing and spreadsheets BS degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition , or comparable major Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration; candidates eligible for registration may be hired with the understanding that registration will be achieved within 90 days of hire Successful completion of coordinated program or dietetic internship of not less than 900 hours under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian One year in an acute clinical environment preferred Works well with others in a team-oriented environment
Registered Dietitian's to work part time seeing patients for Medical Nutrition Therapy in Austin and the surrounding area. Earn extra income, paid within 5 days after completion of patient education and receipt of documentation. Will train on required paperwork. Paid by the hour (face time w/pt.) and with mileage payment.
Need English, and Spanish RD's
Best Candidate will be one that can work with the elderly with Diabetes or CKD. Also, the candidate should have good teaching and documentation skills.
Please apply for a phone interview and questions. Must have current State and CDR license.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!