Dietitian Consultant Job Description Sample
Registered Dietitian Consultant
RD Nutrition Consultants LLC is seeking a part timeRegistered Dietitian 8-16 hr per week. Hours must be completed during business hours Monday-Friday.
Atleast 1 year of LTC experience preferred.RD Nutrition Consultants provides our consultants with competitive wages and flexible work schedules!
Coordinate nutritional care of residents and patients by completing nutritional assessments
- At least 1 year acute care experience is preffered
- Participate in care planning meetings as required
- Provide nutritional counseling and education for residents and family
- Meet DOH/state/federal and company standards
- Perform duties independently without training or direction
Candidates must be Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- High comfort level with enteral nutrition
- At least one year of experience in a long-term care setting
- Experience with MDS 3.0
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with electronic charting (PCC) and the Nutrition Care Process preferred
- Familiarity with state survey process and compliance to nutrition care regulations
RD Nutrition Consultants, LLC is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Consulting firm that provides Dietitians to health care facilities throughout the United States. Our consultants enjoy competitive wages and flexible work schedules.
Consultant Dietitian - Full Time, Part Time, PRN
Education and Certification
BS degree in Dietetics or related field.
Must be registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian.
Must be licensed or certified as required by the State Licensing Agency for the state(s) in which he/she works as a dietitian.
The consulting dietitian guides the facility in the operation of a safe food and dietetics service that provides residents or patients with meals and services that meet their nutritional and therapeutic needs. The consultant does not assume staff or management responsibilities, but does observe, evaluate, advise, instruct, and recommend.
The consulting dietitian is responsible for observing the operation of the nutrition/dietary department of the facility, as appropriate, and indicating necessary changes to meet regulatory laws and compliance standards.
The consulting dietitian must demonstrate his/her knowledge of the job through exhibiting organizational and management skills and clinical nutrition competency.
The consulting dietitian must have the ability to work harmoniously with people, flexibility under varying circumstances, maturity, decisiveness, patience, integrity, and professionalism.
The consulting dietitian must have experience with varied responsibilities in medical nutrition therapy, administrative supervision, dining services, and staff education. Training can be provided.
The consulting dietitian must exhibit a direct working relationship with the food service manager/assistants,Administrator/assistants, and director of nursing/assistants. The dietitian must also exhibit close working relationships with all dietary employees, nursing personnel, and other personnel of the facility. Staff or management duties are not applicable, since this is a consulting position.
PO Box 1870
Richmond, KY 40476-1870
We are fortunate that our business keeps growing which allows us to retain more employees.
Consultant Dietitian for 12 to 17 hours at a Psychiatric facility in Jamaica Plain, MA to answer nutrition consults in 72 hours on Thursdays and Fridays. The dietitian would also provide nutrition education groups for patients.
Seeking an individual who demonstrates uncompromised integrity with patients, company and facility workers and at least two years clinical dietitian experience,experience providing nutrition groups and doing kitchen inspections. Psychiatric experience preferred. (This is not a speciality in counseling eating disorders but working with patients who have Schizophrenia, Bipolar, depression anxiety etc..)
Must have excellent communications skills. Ability to prioritize appropriately and cope effectively with change. Must be Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD, RDN) with an active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and also have current state licensure (LDN). Please send letter of intent and resume. Cori check and Drug screen required. Serious applicants only.
Residential treatment facility for adolescents in Sherman Oaks, California is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated licensed Dietitian to Independently Contract for services. We offer flexibility and independence for our contractors, who also enjoy the benefits of working with a collaborative team of skilled professionals.
Responsibilities and Duties
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
Dietician will provide nutritional services to clients and advise on diet, food and nutrition.
The dietician’s responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Initial client assessment, completed and documented within 72 hours for clients considered to be at nutritional risk and no later than 7 days for all others. Update weekly, at a minimum, and as needed.
- Develop an individualized plan of care tailored to each client's needs upon admission to include long and short term goals. Update weekly, at a minimum, and as needed.
- Assess and provide for the nutritional needs of clients and coordinate those needs with medical needs.
- Advice on diet related concerns for clients.
- Collaborate with the physician and other facility staff and provide a treatment plan which may include the following, but not limited to:
- Ideal body weight, caloric and dietary needs
- Foods that help facilitate swallowing
- Facilitate groups with clients in the program
- Plan menus and special diets for clients who are diagnosed with particular conditions
- Dietary modifications needed as a result of illness, disability etc.
- Client and family education on nutrition topics related to diseases (i.e., diabetes)
- Promotes healthy eating habits and instructs in the principles of nutrition as applied to selection of foods.
- Monitor and recommend food service standards for sanitation, safety and infection control.
- Evaluate and approve the facility menus for nutritional adequacy, meal delivery and purchase of food products.
- Monitor and document client's progress and adjust/modify dietary program accordingly.
- Provide appropriate referrals for related services.
- Collaborates with other staff members of the interdisciplinary team, as appropriate, for case management.
- Participate in the Interdisciplinary Team Conference, as appropriate, and report on client status, goals and interventions.
- Participate in weekly treatment team meetings
- Participate in discharge planning, as appropriate.
- Participate in Performance Improvement Program, as appropriate.
Registered Dietitian Consultant (For San Gabriel Valley)
“When you're surrounded by people who share a passionate commitment around a common purpose, anything is possible.” - Howard Schultz
Longwood Management Corporation, a leader in the long-term care industry whose mission is “Commitment to Excellence” seeks a full-time Registered Dietitian Consultant for to service the residents at multiple facilities in the San Gabriel Valley. This is a full time position, Monday through Friday.
This exceptional individual will be part of an elite team filled with dedicated individuals who act as the resource in providing comprehensive nutrition to clients. This position requires traveling to various facilities within a region. This compassionate individual will not only have the requisite skill sets to perform the job, but a collaborative and warm personality that will fit well in a family-like environment committed to serving a common purpose.
· Conduct nutrition screening, assessment, education, and therapy according to physician’s orders and in compliance with Federal and State laws, and Company requirements
· Timely and accurately provide nutritious meals and supplements catered to clients
· Implement and revise menus to meet the residents’ needs as needed
· Review current systems in place pertaining to preparation and service of resident meals, and make modifications as necessary
· Develop in-service and orientation programs for Food service personnel
· Evaluate department on a regular basis to ensure compliance with State and Federal health department regulation
· Work with other resident services according to total Care Plan approach
· Maintain a safe and sanitary working environment
· Maintain all records and documentations according to Federal, State and Company requirements
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
Must be a Registered Dietitian
Reliable transportation and valid California Driver's License
Good written and verbal communication skills in English for business necessity
Minimum 2 years of experience in the long-term care industry as a Dietary Consultant desirable
Must be available outside normal business hours
Clinical Dietitian - Nutritional Services - Variable Full Time - Days
South Lake Hospital is centrally located in Clermont, Florida, which combines the appeal of suburban life with easy access to Orlando, all of the major theme parks, and beautiful beaches on both coasts. At South Lake Hospital, our mission is to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities in South Lake County.
Our 160-acre health, wellness, and education campus provides a complete continuum of quality care. With 170 beds, and more than 1,500 employees, we offer a variety of medical services including diagnostic imaging, orthopedics, robotic surgery, urology, women's services, and our cardiac catheterization laboratory. Essential Functions:
Develops and implements nutritional care plans based on assessment of patient nutritional needs taking intoaccount both growth and disease state requirements. Counsels patients and/or significant others on nutritional principles, dietary plans, and food selections taking into account cultural and ethnic requests. Communicates appropriate dietary history and nutritional care data through medical record documentation system.
Participates in physician and health care team interdisciplinary rounds. Serves as the consultant on nutrition care. Coordinates activities in the diet office as needed.
The registered dietitian is expected to adhere to SLH policies, procedures, guidelines, mission and vision statements, and commitment to excellence. Education / Training: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college with a major in Food and Nutrition or Food Science and Human Nutrition.
Licensure/Certification: American Dietetic Association (ADA) registered required, or registration eligible. Licensed eligible with the State of Florida.
One year to complete registry and licensure requirements from date of hire. Experience: Healthcare clinical experience required. Clinical coordinator management experience preferred.
Essential Technical / Motor
Precise hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity. Essential Mental Abilities:
Knowledgeable and competent to perform essential functions.
Ability to visually and audibly perform essential functions.
Sufficient mobility and strength to move about the facility. Exposure to Hazards:
Exposure to infectious diseases, blood/body fluids, and chemical products. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Registered Dietitian (RD)
Eating Disorder Program Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Registered Dietitian (RD) is responsible for meeting with patients (Eating Disorder and Other) to assess current nutritional status, implement nutrition goals via plan of care, monitor progress, and perform care coordination with Primary Care Physician and/or other outside providers.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides assessment, diagnosis, interventions, and monitoring according to Academy Guidelines and Standards.
Implement individualized meal plans for patients.
Provide individualized medical nutrition therapy with each patient weekly (or more/less as needed).
Coordinate care with outside providers.
Participate in family sessions as needed.
Responsible for developing, reviewing, updating, and providing educational materials to meet the needs of patients.
Lead health and nutrition education activities and outings.
Provide meal support and supervision and individual food exposures as needed.
Attend weekly staff meetings as an integral member of the clinical interdisciplinary team.
Create and maintain documentation of clinical chart notes, nutrition plan of care, meal plans, labs, and any other pertinent patient information.
Participate in outreach and marketing events to promote our business.
Maintain the confidentiality of all client medical, financial, and personal information in accordance with HIPAA Guidelines.
Any other duties as requested by Eating Disorder Program Director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in Dietetics or related field from a four-year college or university.
Must have and maintain Registration of Dietitian status through Commission on Dietetics Registration.
Eating disorder (ED) experience or strong desire to work with this population is preferred.
Must be credentialed with insurance companies and have an NPI Number.
WHY RAMEY NUTRITION:
Ramey Nutrition strives to discover and allow space for providers and staff to work in an environment that plays on their own individual strengths and passions.
Ramey Nutrition provides generous benefit packages for Employees:
Generous sick pay after 90 days.
Employee appreciation including: Paid Birthday Holiday, frequent Employer funded meals, team bonding activities, etc.
10 recognized paid holidays.
Flexible schedules; clinic closed on weekends. Opportunities to work Part-Time, or on contracted or consultant basis.
Hospice Registered Dietitian - PRN
Provide nutritional support services to clients and caregivers in the home and serve as a resource and/or consultant to agency staff.
Complete home nutritional assessments of patients.
Provide counseling and education to patient and/or caregiver regarding nutrition and dietary management.
Currently registered as a dietitian as required by the state of employment.
Must be a graduate of an accredited dietitian program and registered to practice within the state employed.
Must have a minimum of one year of work-related experience.
Experience in a home health and hospice setting is preferred.
Must have knowledge of the working environment of a home health or hospice agency, including performing services in a client’s home.
Knowledge of the Medicare, regulatory and credential standards and criteria.
Must be capable of making independent decisions relevant to client’s needs. If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application! EOE Encompass Hospice is searching for a Registered Dietitian to join our team on a PRN basis. As a Registered Dietitian, you will be a member of the interdisciplinary team and report directly to the Hospice Branch Director. Encompass Home Health & Hospice is one of the largest Medicare certified Home Health and evidence-based practice providers in the nation. Year after year, Encompass is ranked among the best places to work in our markets. Our "A Better Way to Care" philosophy exemplifies our commitment to compassionate care for our patients, our unique culture, and our employees' mission to serve our communities. As we continue to grow and expand, there is no better time to join the Encompass family! #CB Patient Coverage Area: 60 mile radius External Company Name: Advanced Homecare Management, Inc. External Company URL: http://ehhi.com/
Exercise Physiologist And Registered Dietitian
Role and Responsibilities
Develops, implements, and evaluates exercise programs for patients. Assesses cardiovascular and metabolic effects of exercise for cardiac and musculoskeletal rehabilitation. Creates educational materials and sessions for patients. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
· Fitness testing so that an accurate physiological profile of the individual can be obtained.
· Provide Nutrition Counseling
· Provide regular monitoring and reassessment of all training plans.
· Liaising with coaching staff to maximize the effects of training. Working in collaboration with other professionals such as psychologists, physicians, & dietitians.
· Providing benchmarks physiological information to enable long-term development.
· Producing reports and longitudinal studies and keeping up to date with long-term research.
· Raising awareness of health and fitness issues and promoting the benefits of exercise.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Must be a Licensed Nutritionist and may require a Master's Degree in Exercise Physiology. Certification as an Exercise Technologist, and 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Other duties may include attending, teaching and presenting to allied health professionals and other medical staff, and working with community groups, volunteering and local councils.
Background checks are performed on applicants.
We are looking for a part time RD to partner with at our growing primary care/ HIV specialty private practice. We are specifically looking for a RD who wants to start their "own" practice within our clinic. We have a mixed payor population with Medicare/ PPO and managed care and we are looking to establish a comprehensive one stop shopping for our diabetic and chronic kidney disease patients.
You must be comfortable working with African-American and bilingual or monolingual Spanish speaking populations including developing culturally relevant nutrition plans. It would be helpful if you were familiar with our local community in order to advise and recommend food purchase choices. You must be community oriented and willing to provide assistance with our community outreach programs including health fairs. You also must be comfortable working with HIV positive populations and knowledgeable about metabolic disorders such as lipodystrophy.
Compensation will be as an independent contractor and based upon your billing. One morning a week to start and patients will be seen by appointment.
Experience utilizing an electronic medical record for data entry or progress notes is helpful.
You must have your malpractice liability insurance; your CV with your training and education and a copy of your license before your interview.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!