Dietitian Research Job Description Sample
Research Staff Sports Dietitian
KBRwyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans OFCCP's "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf STE-OHDAY-18008: Research Staff Sports Dietitian Category Medical Group Science and Space Location OH-Dayton (STE) Schedule Full Time Job Description
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD The
Research Staff Sports Dietitian is an integral member of the multi-disciplinary research team that supports the United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine's Operational Physiologic Performance Program. Program objectives include the following: 1) provide the aeromedical and operational communities understanding of the minimum physical performance requirements needed to perform operational tasks; 2) provide validated recommendations to current and/or develop physical performance standards and waiver criteria supported by operational task performance measures; 3) objectively evaluate physical, nutrition (diet), environmental impacts to physical performance enhancements and assessment/protective technologies; 4) develop physical performance models to predict operational performance based on test results, and 5) uncover strategies (training, nutrition) to improve physical performance and possibly counter deficiencies. These objectives are accomplished using both research lab and training facility environments to evaluate the quantitative relationship between operational performance and physical fitness test results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide sports nutrition support to include dietary evaluations and consultations, expertise in nutritional supplement recommendation and development, physiologic testing such as body composition and hydration, and oversight of a wide variety of physiological tests and screenings supporting nutrition and health research activities. • Lead large groups of human research subjects through research evaluations in an operational setting following approved protocols developed by the principal investigator in accordance with institutional review board standards. • Collaborate with other sports medicine professionals such as physical therapists, strength and conditioning researchers, athletic trainers, and occupational health physicians. • Prepare research / test and evaluation proposals, protocols and informed consent documents for research efforts. • Author technical reports acceptable for publication in scientific journals. • Travel as requested (e.g., professional conferences, contractor facilities, Department of Defense facilities, etc.). Required Education/Experience: • Master’s degree in sports nutrition, exercise physiology, or related field, or enrolled in a Master's degree program and within the final quarter of studies. • At least a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Nutrition, Dietetics, or similar course of study. • Eligible to apply for state licensure to practice as a professional dietitian with 90 days of employment. • Experience with protocol writing, data collection and analysis, and technical report preparation and production. Required Skills/Training: • Strong communication skills and ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner. • Knowledge of human subjects-related research practices and principles. • Excellent time management, organizational, and record-keeping skill. • Proficient with nutritional analysis software, word processing and presentation software, sports science technologies, and spreadsheet/database management software. • Knowledge of biostatistics and proficiency in the use of commercial statistical software packages such as JMP, R, SPSS, SAS, etc.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training: • Registered dietitian with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics with at least three years of professional experience. • At least two years of sports nutrition experience. • Current / active state license to practice as a professional dietician. • Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). • Experience providing nutrition counseling to military populations.
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status. • Applicant must include desired salary in application submission. • Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures. • Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures. • Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance. • Responsible for completing all required training. • Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
This position does not offer relocation. KBRwyle is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status.
#91932 Research Dietitian
#91932 Research Dietitian Filing Deadline: Wed 2/14/2018 Apply Now UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment:
Apply by 2/2/18 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor. Eligible Disability Counseling and Consulting services (DCC) or Special Selection clients should contact their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for assistance.
DESCRIPTION Under supervision, the Research Dietitian will serve as a bilingual nutrition and diet specialist for research projects, coordinating recruitment and management of Latino study participants. The incumbent will participate with faculty and research staff in the implementation of a lifestyle intervention focused on weight loss for Latino families, conducting nutritional assessments to ensure appropriate individual and/or group dietary and exercise counseling. Respond to participants’ nutrition related questions.
Oversee participant dietary and physical activity modification and monitoring aspects of study, ensuring appropriate delivery to meet project goals. Design and implement methods to disseminate information and educational materials to promote the study. Explain the research study in person and by telephone to participants and review the inclusion/exclusion criteria in English and Spanish.
Conduct participant interviews and assessments. Develop and evaluate innovative intervention strategies and materials. Develop and implement activities to promote participant retention.
Assist in the development and implementation of quality control procedures, including standardization of the intervention. Review and manage data using data management software. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Dietitians must possess the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree in Foods and Nutrition/Dietetics and have completed an American Dietetic Association internship; and be a registered Dietitian.
Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form in English and Spanish.
Knowledge and experience in following protocols or intervention curriculum for nutrition, physical activity, and weight loss.
Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based behavioral treatments for weight management.
Experience performing nutrition and physical activity consultations with adults, specifically within the Latino community.
Applied knowledge of clinical and nutrition research including protocol development.
Experience and training in nutrition and physical activity data collection.
Skill in operating personal computer and demonstrated knowledge of statistical software. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Familiarity with anthropometric measurement.
Experience in group-based counseling.
Training in the Diabetes Prevention Program Curriculum.
Experience in clinical trials research. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form in English and Spanish.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required. Apply Now UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service.
Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information. Payroll Title: DIETITIAN 1 EX Department:
Family Medicine and Public Health Salary Range Commensurate with Experience Worksite: East Campus Appointment Type: Career Appointment Percent: 100% Union:
HX Contract Total Openings: 1 Work Schedule: Days, 8 hrs/day As a federally-funded institution, UC San Diego Health maintains a marijuana and drug free campus. New employees are subject to drug screening.
The Clinical Dietitian provides nutritional expertise to medical and clinical staff, patients and families. Strives to improve patient outcomes and decrease hospital cost and length of stay by adhering to medical nutrition therapy protocols and providing nutritional education to patients, family members and staff. Relies on some experience and judgment to complete job. Works under general supervision. Demonstrates the ability to assess the nutritional status of the infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations by interpreting anthropometric measures (height and weight) and laboratory nutrition assessment values. Maintains awareness of the age of the patient served when documenting care plans and follow-up services and when educating patients and patient care providers. Monitors the nutritional status of enterally and parenterally fed patients and participates in the selection of enteral and parenteral feeding formulations in a diligent manner and facilitates patient transitions from enteral and parenteral therapies to oral diets. Demonstrates knowledge of the infant, pediatric, adolescent, and adult growth and development patterns, and of the aging process, and how aging affects the senses, physiological changes, and psychosocial development of the geriatric patient. Anticipates side effects of medical conditions/treatment and makes appropriate recommendations concerning diet therapy.
Dietitian must either have a provisional license that can work under another dietitian or has an active registration and license.
Bachelor's Degree and Completion of Accredited Dietetics Internship Program
Current Louisiana State License or Provisional License Dietitian/Nutritionist and Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Eligible through the Commission of Dietetic Registration. Louisiana State License within 6 months of accepting position
Computer Skills, Customer Service Skills, Working Knowledge of Nutritional Care Process
We are seeking a RDN / LD to join our growing team. We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience who will become the leading nutritionist tasked with meal plan creation and ongoing diet and nutrition management of client base.
- Ability to provide a nutrition assessment with detailed analysis of medical history, diet and lifestyle habits
- Conduct bi-weekly review and monthly consultations
- Create and implement a weekly meal plan tailored to the client and provide ongoing nutrition assistance
- Educate clients how to eat for optimal energy and proper recovery
- Create wellness action plans
- Counsel members on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits
- Develop custom meal plans and meet with clients periodically and evaluate the efficacy and change as needed
- Promote better nutrition and the relationship between good eating habits and preventing or managing specific conditions
- Work closely with Personal Trainer on an ongoing basis to ensure that diet and nutrition goals are being met and be able to keep the client on track and accountable for their actions.
Ideal Candidate will posses the following:
Analytical skills The ability to keep up to date with the latest nutrition research and interpret nutrition science into practical eating advice.
Compassion -Must be caring and empathetic when helping members address dietary issues and any related emotions.
Listening skills -Must listen carefully to understand members’ goals and concerns while providing brutally honest feedback.
Organizational skills -Have the ability to stay organized and systematically monitor the nutritional needs of their members.
Problem-solving skills -Must evaluate the health status of members and determine the most appropriate food choices for a client to improve overall health.
Speaking skills -Must be able to clearly explain eating plans and nutrition to members, as well as answer specific questions relating to diet and nutrition.
- RDN license or equivalent, RDN and certified personal trainer license holders are preferred.
- Previous experience as a nutritionist, dietitian, and personal trainer
- Ability to work with individuals at all ages and fitness levels
- Must be devoted to promoting the health and wellness of members
- Ability to build rapport with clients and provide constant communication and recommendations
Salary DOE. Compensation will ultimately be based on an applicants skills and experience. Please apply to employer via the application system.
ALL eligible candidates MUST be able to commit to and participate in a 2-3 month training program program development and customer service. Program will require availability to work 20-30hrs/week, ineligible candidates need not apply.
ALL candidates MUST reside in the Los Angeles area and possess a valid work visa to be considered for this position, only qualified resumes will be accepted.
Registered Dietitian I
The Registered Dietitian I is responsible to provide optimal medical nutrition therapy to patients, individuals or groups through comprehensive nutrition assessment and counseling for disease management, treatment and/or prevention. Defines nutritional status, makes recommendations and implements nutrition interventions. Must be a Registered Dietitian; or be registry eligible and successfully complete registration within 6 months of employment.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
FRUITY VEGGIE NUTRITION Career Opening:
Looking for an RD/LD who is innovative, positive and self-motivated to join our growing Fruity Veggie Nutrition team.
· Assess patients’ and clients’ health needs and diet
· Counsel patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits
· Develop meal plans, taking both cost and clients’ preferences into account
· Evaluate the effects of meal plans and change the plans as needed
· Promote better nutrition by speaking to groups about diet, nutrition, and the relationship between good eating habits, preventing or managing specific diseases
· Keep up with the latest nutritional science research
· Write reports to document patient progress
· Perform Nutrition assessments (dietary and anthropometric),
· Development of educational materials,
· Menu development including nutrient analysis
· Create Flyers, develop nutrition material for company’s website and social media.
· Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and/or related field
· No Experience Required
Licenses, Certifications, and Registrations
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) Credentials and be a Licensed Dietitian in the State of Florida.
Analytical skills. Dietitians and nutritionists of the Fruity Veggie Nutrition Team must keep up to date with the latest nutrition research. RDN/LDN should be able to interpret scientific studies and translate nutrition science into practical eating advice.
Listening skills. Dietitians and nutritionists of the Fruity Veggie Nutrition Team must listen carefully to understand clients’ goals and concerns. They may also work with other healthcare workers as part of team to improve the health of a patient and need to listen to team members when constructing eating plans.
Organizational skills. Because there are many aspects to the dietitians and nutritionists of the Fruity Veggie Nutrition Team they should have the ability to stay organized.
Problem-solving skills. They must evaluate the health status of patients and determine the most appropriate food choices for a client to improve overall health or manage a disease.
Speaking skills. Dietitians and nutritionists of the Fruity Veggie Nutrition Team must explain complicated topics in a way that people with less technical knowledge can understand. They must be able to clearly explain eating plans to clients and to other healthcare professionals involved in a patient’s care.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: If selected a criminal background screening and level II background check will be required. This position is salary compensated position. Very competitive salary If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. You will also be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
Elkins Crest is Hiring!
We are looking for a Registered Dietician to join our growing team!
Our Facility has been serving the area for over 40 years. We provide post-acute services, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing, short and long term care through Registered Nurses. This is complemented by Therapy services, Social Services, Activities, Nutritional Services. With over 100 years of combined experience, our staff of professionals is here to meet the needs of each and every patient or resident.
Benefits of a Full Time Career:
- Competitive pay rates
- Comprehensive health insurance plan and supplemental insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off package
- Current state license as a Registered Dietician
- Experience in a Skilled Nursing environment preferred
Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace
Interested Candidates should send an updated resume
Elkins Crest is an Equal opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Employer
Registered Dietitian wanted to provide service to a long term care facility. Experience preferred. the position could be part time or full time if several different locations taken on. Duties include: admission and annual resident assessment, monthly review of residents on GT, with pressure injury or on HD, review of significant weight changes, care plan review and revision, monthly kitchen inspection and other duties usually performed by a RD.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provides nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy integrated with the Guest’s’ medical goals.
Evaluate, interpret, monitor and document the nutritional status and nutritional needs of Guests using established standards of care guidelines.
Identify and provide nutritional counseling to meet the cultural needs of Guests.
Write diet orders as needed.
Function as a member of the clinical interdisciplinary team.
Must be knowledgeable of individual care plans and support the care planning process by attending care planning meetings and making recommendations regarding nutritional needs of Guests.
Completes assigned MDS portions accurately and on time.
Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Guests and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
Must answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously when working in Guest care areas.
Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Guests, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services as directed.
Registered Dietitian (Contract)
Avenidas' Rose Kleiner Center (our senior day health site) provides adult day health care and adult day services to frail and dependent elderly and their families, averaging roughly 40 participants per day.
General Position Description
Under the general supervision of the Director of Health Services, this 6 hour per month, consultant position will provide dietetic services relative to individual plans of care for our participants, to include:
- Approving menus for all meals, to be produced 1 week in advance,
- Completing assessments for prospective or current participants who are on a therapeutic diet,
- Completing a quarterly review of all participants on a therapeutic diet,
- Collaborating with nursing staff in participant diet progress,
- Providing nutritional counseling and education for participants and their families.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition, or related area. Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association; Certification/Licensure as required by state of practice. Minimum of 3 years dietary experience.
Knowledge, Abilities, and
Ability to work with seniors; willingness and ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team as well as to be self-directed. Computer skills should include Microsoft Word and Excel at a minimum. Prior experience managing individual care plans a plus. Able to clear a background and TB check.
This is a limited hour 1099 position.
Hours worked would need to be in concert with when our participants attend; between 10am and 1:30pm, Monday through Friday. Our dietitian is also usually on hand when we have new participant intake, but this duty is contained within the original 6 hours, not in addition.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!