Digester Operator Job Description Sample
The Plant Operator is responsible for the daily operation and oversight of the anaerobic digesters. The Plant Operator is the key point of contact for all biomass deliveries and public tours and is therefore responsible for maintaining quasar’s reputation with customers and the community at all times.
- Monitor the operation of anaerobic digester plant’s pumps, motors, and other equipment; read gauges, dials, and other instrumentation; maintain and update accurate logs of plant operations.
- Interact regularly with delivery truck drivers and facilitate public tours as needed.
- Forward delivery manifests via email to Accounting Department for processing.
- Maintain logs of instrument readings, test results, and shift production; send production information to corporate office for review.
- Set or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, and pressure.
- Examine samples visually or by hand to verify qualities such as clarity, cleanliness, consistency, dryness, and texture.
- Collect various digester samples for laboratory tests; perform some laboratory analysis such as chlorine residuals, suspended solids, volatile solids, volatile acid, alkalinity, carbon dioxides, BOD, pH, and temperature.
- Perform control tests to determine if the plant is operating correctly and effectively; make necessary adjustments to maintain biological balances and flow requirements; adjust plant equipment to obtain maximum efficiency and results with the recommendations of supervisors (engineering and lab).
- Operate PLC
- Clean and inspect machines and equipment for hazards, operating efficiency, malfunctions, wear, and leaks. Perform oil changes on generator.
- Inspect plant equipment and facilities to locate needed repairs; perform general plant maintenance and routine repairs as needed.
- Prepare daily data sheet; compile reports; input data into computer system.
- Maintain all treatment facility buildings and grounds, keeping the site clean and organized at all times. Participate in snow removal as required. Monitor alarms and assist in corrective action.
- Participate in the training of other staff.
Education, Experience, and
- Associate’s degree in mechanical, engineering, or agricultural field is preferred. High school diploma or GED is required.
- Arizona Class I Wastewater License preferred
- Must be able to learn standard principles of biology, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Must have high mechanical aptitude and experience working with machines and reading gauges, dials, and indicators.
- Previous agricultural experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in fork lift operation is preferred.
- Must have experience working with computers and ability to operate a scanner and email.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to make decisions, solve problems, and calmly handle stressful situations.
- This is a physical job, requiring significant stamina and mobility to work with and around motorized equipment. Must be able to lift, stand, sit, walk, bend, reach, grasp, climb, push/pull, and work at heights up to 40 feet and in confined spaces. May be required to move up to 80 pounds on occasion.
- Must have visual acuity, good hearing activity, and ability to communicate clearly and quickly in person and via telephone.
- Must be able to respond quickly to signals to avoid injury or equipment leaks.
- Required to work with a computer; must have vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen.
- Must be aware of and follow all safety procedures and OSHA requirements.
- Must wear company-provided uniforms and safety gear. May be exposed to waste water treatment sludge and/or effluent.
- Will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during course of work activities, including heat, snow, and inclement weather.
- Physical ability to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings is required.
- Must be able to be on call in case of plant emergencies or incidents.
- Must be willing to work overtime, shift work, weekends, flexible hours, and holidays.
Waste Water Treatment Operator
Wastewater Treatment Operator (Non-Exempt)
The Wastewater Treatment Operator is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the industrial wastewater treatment plant to ensure the safe, efficient, and economical treatment of wastewater. This position will execute the policies and assignments received from corporate management, the Lead Operator and/or compliance requirements defined by state and federal regulatory agencies. To be successful, the Operator requires a high degree of independent judgment in accomplishing the work and developing continuous improvement programs.Duties to be Performed:
Required Training and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 2 years experience in the operation and maintenance of a Wastewater Treatment Plant, as well as an industrial Class A or greater Waste Water Operators License or equivalent. If the candidate has a license outside of the state for the site, it must be a minimum of class A or the candidate must have the ability to pass the Class A certification within 90 days of employment. Other combinations of experience and education, which provide the knowledge and skills required to perform the job, may be considered. However, if this clause is used in place of a certification, it will be expected that the individual will perform such that a license is acquired within 1 year.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, paid time off and a 401k retirement plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The above is intended to be an overview of the position and not meant to be all inclusive.
Our employees maintain a wide variety of environmental, health and safety certifications, licenses and degrees. Our people are committed to continual educational development in order to evolve with the advancement of the regulatory and technical community.
Water Reclamation Operator II
Overview Operates and maintains various types of sewage treatment plant equipment or pretreatment plant equipment to meet permit and environmental requirements. Monitors and gauges systems and makes adjustments according to instructions. Performs general cleanup of plant process units and grounds. Performs routine tests, changes chlorine cylinders, makes adjustments to chlorination systems and other chemical feed systems. Position is required to work shift work on a rotating schedule as assigned. Responsibilities
Operates wastewater treatment plant process equipment, including pumps, filters, digesters, aerators, screens, rag rakes, grit chambers, compressors, blowers, boilers, energy generators, chlorine evaporators, basins, methane gas system, augers and associated equipment according to plant guidelines and procedures.
Monitors control panels and the condition and operation of all system components. Uses computer to input and retrieve data and make adjustments on operational parameters. Checks equipment and process for excessive or unusual noises, odors, color, leakage, pressures, alignment, slippage, tension, vibration, heat, damage, corrosion, wear, or any deviation from standard. Identifies and reports equipment problems to Senior Operator or Water Reclamation Facility Supervisor. Adjusts dosages, flows, digester temperatures, retention times and sludge thickness. Keeps supervisor informed of actions taken or unresolved problems. Routinely logs gauge readings, adjustments and station status.
Operates chemical feeding equipment according to safety standards and management regulations. Calculates dosage and flow rates. Takes samples for laboratory analysis. Conducts simple screening tests such as chlorine residual, dissolved oxygen (DO) and makes appropriate adjustments based on observed results and set procedures.
Assists with plant maintenance, repairs or installation work as required. Changes chlorine cylinders and uses special tools, materials or procedures to contain chlorine leaks until the fire department or other assistance arrives. Tears down, and reassembles positive displacement pumps, thickeners and digesters to clean and replace defective parts. Performs wash-down procedures in assigned areas, using steam cleaning equipment, bucket or brush and disinfectant. Cleans pipes and pumps, and removes snow and ice from walkways, basins, lines and other plant surfaces or equipment.
Operates various kinds of heavy equipment, if qualified, including front-end loader, Brown Bear and fork lifts. This may be an assigned duty to selected individuals.
Assists in the handling and transporting of treatment plant biosolids, as well as handling and transporting rags and grit.
Attends training classes and completes educational programs according to plant guidelines.
Maintains plant security. Observes camera monitor; confronts unauthorized persons. Notifies law enforcement as necessary.
Assists in the training of Water Reclamation Facility Operator I.
Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent with studies in math, chemistry, mechanics and general science.
Two years of work experience in wastewatertreatment, plant operations and/or maintenance.
Knowledge of the principles, practices, materials and equipment used in waste water treatment. Working knowledge of mathematics, chemistry and bacteriology relating to waste water treatment. Ability to prepare and perform routine laboratory tests, calibrate and adjust equipment.
Ability to perform occasional heavy lifting; inspect operation of equipment and detect and repair problem situations; understand and follow oral and written instructions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, associates and public.
Ability to operate computerized plant process control system; prepare and maintain computerized records, correspondence and reports.
Possession of current unrestricted Grade II Wastewater Treatment Operator Certification from the State of Utah.
Possession of a valid Class B Utah Commercial Driver's License. Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Requisition ID 2017-3318 Department PUBLIC UTILITIES Minimum Salary USD $18.51/Hr. Maximum Salary USD $24.11/Hr. Post End Date 1/14/2018 Location US-UT-Salt Lake City
Wastewater Plant Operator I - Utilities
Minimum Training & Experience A high school diploma and experience in wastewater plant treatment operation or related work. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered. An “A” level certificate in biological treatment is preferred; a “D” level certificate in biological treatment is required.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities * Knowledge of the principles and practices applied to the operation and light maintenance of pumps and similar machinery.
Knowledge of the proper methods of lubricating equipment.
Skill in the use and care of the tools and equipment used in the plant.
Ability to inspect wastewater plant equipment in operation and to detect flaws and defects in operation.
Ability to perform needed laboratory analysis and operate biological treatment systems.
Ability to efficiently and safely operate all equipment and machinery used in wastewater plant operations.
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
Willingness and ability to acquire a class “A” certificate in biological sewage treatment plant operation.
Willingness and ability to work varied shifts as relief operator when needed.
Specific Duties * Inspects all wastewater plant equipment, including automatic controls, louvers and screens, ventilation and chlorination equipment, trickling filter distributors, sludge collectors, scum skimmers, aeration equipment, blowers, air filters and accessories, grit aeration and removal equipment, pneumatic control equipment, metering and monitoring equipment, air compressors, and accessories.
Provides relief coverage for vacations, sick time, and emergencies.
Assists Wastewater Operator II with duties when requested.
Pumps sludge from primary settling tanks into sludge boxes and into digesters; skims primary tanks; drains traps.
Prepares daily reports and maintains accurate records, including log sheets, charts, and recording sheets.
Inspects motors, bearings, and gear boxes for overheating and proper lubrication; checks temperatures on digester heaters; takes temperatures of sludge and effluent at various stages.
Collects samples of wastewater at various stages of processing; performs routine laboratory tests according to prescribed procedures; records test results.
Responsible for day-to-day operation, maintenance, trouble shooting, and handling special problems at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Maintains equipment, buildings, and grounds in a clean and orderly manner.
Assists maintenance staff and works in the lab when needed.
Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
Additional Notes 12-HOUR SHIFT (6:00 P.M. - 6:00 A.M.) (7 DAYS ON AND 7 DAYS OFF)
Position:* WASTEWATER PLANT OPERATOR I - UTILITIES
Salary:* $17.64-$25.57 Per Hour
Position Type:* Full Time
Close Date:* Until Filled
Equipment Operator - CDL Operator
Title: Equipment Operator - CDL Operator
Location: United States-North Carolina-Arden Job
Operates various power-driven machinery used to move dirt or other materials. May operate all or some of the follow types of equipment: backhoe, bulldozer, crane, dragline, font-end loader, motor grader, cherry picker, dump truck, etc. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
Sets up and operates production equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely manner.
Move hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment.
Interprets hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed.
May be required to manipulate equipment on unlevel working surface.
May assist in lifting, position and securing or materials and work pieces during installation.
May be responsible for routine maintenance or repairs.
Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
Observes load hook up and determines safety of load.
Manipulates crane control to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal or signal instructions.
Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
Inspects crane for defective parts, documents and notifies the supervisor of the defects or malfunctions.
Loads, transports, and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies.
Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment.
- May be required to interpret load charts.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Capable of certifying on all equipment up to 60 ton cranes and on dirt equipment, such as dozers, track hoes, backhoes, dump trucks, yard dogs, bobcats and excavators. Desired/
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Physical
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%) Standing O Walking O Sitting C Pushing 50 ft-lb Pulling 50 ft-lb Climbing O Balancing O Bending O Stooping O Kneeling O Crouching O Crawling O Reaching C Handling C Fingering C Feeling Vision Hearing Lifting (lbs) Carrying (lbs) 0-10 0-10 10-25 10-25 25-50 25-50
CB&I (NYSE:CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.CBI.com .
Job Schedule: Full-time
Jan 4, 2018, 8:40:53 AM
Requisition ID: 1800048 CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fork Lift Operator / Machine Operator
Job Description Fork lift Operator w/ Machine Operator Experience Must be reliable and able to work every day. OT may be required. Must be able to lift up to 40#s repetitively as needed. Must be able to stoop & bend. Will load cardboard into the machine, will monitor the machine for quality, will take cardboard off the machine and stack it on skids. Must be able to drive fork lift. Must be willing to follow all safety guidelines-lock out/tag out, steel toed boots required, company supplied safety glasses and ear protection required. Leave all items in company provided locker daily. NO cell phones on the production floor-only on breaks and lunch. Entry level opportunity. Will train on various machines (McKinley, banding machine)
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Process Operator - Arodo Mechanic Operator
Operations City: Swedesboro State / Province: New Jersey Education/Certifications
High School Degree (GED equivalent) plus process manufacturing experience. Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. independently and up to 100 lbs with assistance Forklift experience a plus
1st and 2nd shift positions available2nd shift position- $1.00/hr shift differential paid ARODO Mechanic Operator Safely and efficiently maintain and operate the Arodo packaging line and palletizer. Maintain the equipment for the Arodo line - all production and maintenance activities. perform mechanical repairs and PM's.
Operate various processing equipment. Read and follow daily production schedule and instructions. Prepare packaging materials by retrieving items from storage, applying labels to container, setting up and loading filling machines, operating various automatic and manual packaging machines, scales and printing devices, industrial lift trucks, pallet jacks and other material handling tools and equipment.
Maintain correct weight of the bags produced. Maintain the quality of the bags produced. Maintain accurate written and electronic records as required by specific tasks.
Complete all paperwork - downtime log, used parts, all required QC tests, Shift to shift log book, etc. Assist in training new operators Create work order for repair in 7i
Part Time Logistics Operator II, Forklift Operator
Click here to view a video about this position.
REFRESH your career by joining our exceptional Logistics team! Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (CCBCC), the largest independent bottler in the US, is looking forPart-Time Logistics Operator IIs (Order Builder-Forklift) ! What does a Logistics Operator II (Order Builder-Forklift) do exactly? They operate select material handling equipment (Pallet Jacks, Forklifts) within the warehouse walls to move and shift products and build customer orders. All customer orders are loaded onto our delivery trucks to be delivered in-store. Our Logistics Operator IIs (Order Builder-Forklift) are a key component in providing excellent service to our customers and in getting our variety of products in the hands of our consumers. *
Schedule:* Monday- Friday 4:00 PM or 6:00 PM start time, Rotating Saturdays with a 10:00 AM or 11AM start time. End time is completion of shift. Things you should know about working as a Logistics Operator II (Order Builder-Forklift): * Safety comes first. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments which means striving for 100% adherence to the rules
Quality product is our priority. Keep an eye on product age and repackaging
So fresh & so clean, clean! Assist with daily housekeeping and maintenance of the warehouse and other material handling equipment
Ensure paperwork is completed appropriately and handled accurately
We work fast and lift up to 50 lbs. of product safely and repetitively
All hands on deck! You can expect to perform miscellaneous activities as directed by your manager to efficiently support the warehouse operation What would success look like? * Willingness to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
Accurately build orders on a repetitive basis
Maintain a professional appearance
Follow appropriate food handling, safety, and sanitation standards
Share in our purpose – to serve others, to pursue excellence, and to grow profitably
* Must desire and be able to work a part-time schedule (hours directed by business needs) * Ability to operate a computer, a hand held inventory control device, and calculators
Ability to read, speak, write and understand English and to perform basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) * Willingness to operate warehouse material handling equipment (i.e. forklifts, walk behind / riding pallet jacks)
* Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment while meeting productivity and quality expectations
Proven history or ability to demonstrate safe and responsible behavior with a positive performance record (including attendance) * Must be self-motivated, respectful, positive, team oriented and maintain a high degree of integrity Physical
* Ability to lift approximately up to 50 lbs.
Ability to bend, kneel, stand, lift, and perform physical labor for multiple hours at a time
Safely operate material handling equipment
Ability to work in warehouse environment which may not be air conditioned All candidates will be subject to pre-employment testing: Background Check, Drug Screen, and Physical Abilities Test (if applicable).
CCBCC is an equal employment opportunity employer.Location: Knoxville, TN
- Job Code:* OP7045
Machine Operator - Process Operator
Performs basic hand or machine tasks in support of the manufacture and finishing of parts. Follows departmental procedures to successfully and safely complete these tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates assigned machines and/or performs assigned production processes.
- Maintains a safe, clean and uncluttered work area; removes metal chips from machines resulting from cutting processes.
- Performs basic visual inspection to identify obvious cosmetic flaws as well as verifying part compliance against predetermined quality guides or standards by using simple go/no-go gauges, calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, thread gauges, and height gauges.
- Loads and unloads assigned machines; prepares raw materials, follows loading procedures, removes parts from machine, washes and deburrs as necessary, stacks in designated baskets or boxes and delivers completed parts to the next operation.
- Observes machine operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction, reports problems to Lead person or Set-up Personnel.
- Assembles main tubes by using adhesive, tightening and cleaning equipment with assistance from trained operator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Ability to read and effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to correctly follow a rule or basic set of rules i.e. following work instructions.
- Ability to use basic shop math.
- Basic input skills with computer applications.
- Demonstrate proficient manual dexterity and superior eye hand coordination.
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Thurs-Sat 500am-530pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization, delivering innovative solutions to the challenges employers face every day. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. With locations across the United States, we're well positioned to partner with clients and candidates to ensure a successful match of employee talent with customer needs. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator
Fast growing, highly regarded leader in the full-service branding industry has an outstanding opportunity for an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who is hard working, reliable, accurate and able to work second shift.
· Are you an impact player who has a sharp attention to detail?
· Are you an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who likes to be challenged on a daily basis?
· Are you a difference maker who likes to work in fast paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines?
If this sounds like you we would like to talk with you about joining our team as an Embroidery Operator/ Machine Operator!
Club Colors is a global brand management solutions provider offering a high quality promotional products and branded apparel at cost effective prices with the highest level of customer service in the industry. Our team invests the time and energy to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations in everything we do. Collectively we are one team that makes a dynamic impact.
We are looking for impact players and difference makers. The Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator should be positive and strong sense of detail. Experience with Tajima Embroidery Machines is a plus but will train the right Embroidery Operator /Machine Operator and offer a salary commensurate with experience.
· Serious Applicants Only
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!