Director Casting Job Description Sample
Die Casting Maintenance Tech
Seeking Die Castings Maintenance Technician
Qualified individual must have knowledge of die casting tooling and manufacturing.
- Maintain and troubleshooting of die casting
- Responsible for incoming tooling launches and tooling inventory
- Responsible for die/mold preparation and keep up with casting requirements
- Able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments, cranes, hi-lo (forklift) vehicles,
- Prepare and maintain the die cast spray concentration correctly on a daily basis to support casting operations
- Work with production and quality to control and trouble shoot the tooling (die cast and trim-saw fixturing) to produce high quality castings and resolve quality and/or die cast problems
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret blue prints containing geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Assist in D.O.E’s to generate continuous improvement in manufacturing and quality of die cast product
- Report needs for corrective/preventative action to the director of process control and /or the director of quality assurance.
- Support and participate in all quality systems, Continuous Improvement and 5S functions
- Also perform other work related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management
· Must be able to withstand hot temperatures
· Accountability and Confident
· Able to train and coach
· Ability to learn new programs, activities and tasks
· Possess basic math skills
· Visual inspection capabilities
· Good verbal and written skills
· Cutting tool experience – knowledge or experience with cutting tools, drills, taps end mills and machine tool accessories
Our Focus: Because manufacturing is all we do, we have the screening and testing tools
that assist us in placing you at the right position for your skills and experience.
Experienced Background Casting Associate
We are seeking an experienced Background Casting Associate. Responsibilities will include booking and coordinating background extras on a daily basis. Recruiting new talent. Troubleshooting on mornings of productions, replacing talent on short notice under time-sensitive conditions. Working directly with production personnel and directors to develop project casting criteria.
Investment Casting Process Engineer (#3199Js102317)
- Specializes in castings
- Manufactures products for the aerospace industry
- AS9100 and ISO9001 certified facility located in a rural area
- Company will pay relocation for the right candidate!
- Perform process and manufacturing engineering at an investment casting facility
- Must desire to work at a fast-paced manufacturing operation
- Prior process engineering experience at an investment casting or a closely related facility is required
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, or a closely related field, is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- All applications must be accompanied by a resume and contact information
- Please forward your resume to James Starre and reference job #3199JS102317
Foundry Casting Engineer
We are seeking a Foundry Casting Engineer to join our client's team! The Production Clerk will coordinate the flow of work and materials between departments as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
- Review and approve pattern design to ensure dimensional control in accordance with drawing requirements
- Accountable for meeting committed schedules for both qualification and PTSA deliveries
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring long term capital
- Responsible for ensuring the casting process and procedures meet customer requirements
- Previous experience in production, planning, or other related fields
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- 5+ years of experience in with grating and "risering"
- Knowledge of foundry process (green sand, no-bake molding, tilt mold, core making, etc.)
Manufacturing/Assembly/ Casting Technician
We are seeking a Manufacturing/Assembly/ Casting Technician to become an integral part of our team manufacturing aircraft wheels and brakes! Technique specific training provided but prior experience a plus
- Work with a team to assemble entire products or components
- Rotate through tasks for specific production processes
- Prepare finished products for shipment
- Casting of aluminum parts
- Previous experience in manufacturing, assembly, or other related fields
- Familiarity with assembly tools, equipment, and metal part operations
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to follow written instructions and drawings
- Good verbal and written skills
- Job may involve operation of CNC machines or casting with training provided
Mettallurgical Technician - Aluminum Casting
Activity (description of the main task in short form):
The incumbent is responsible for the work and test sequences in metallography. Included are metallographic and technological component and testing of materials in accordance with the predetermination tests and includes documentation of the inspection results.
Description of the activities (listing of all substantial tasks and operational sequence, which the employee actually implements):
… is responsible for the identification, securing the traceability and the documentation of their checked material samples and parts.
… accomplishes independently all necessary testing of materials for first sample test; reports, evaluates and documents the results.
… accomplishes independently all necessary investigations for certificates of acceptance test according to standards, laws and customer specifications and evaluates and documents the results.
… accomplishes series-accompanying metallographic and mechanical-technological investigations including documentation and forwarding of the inspection results.
… is responsible for the execution of the metallographic investigations in the context of the purchases check of metal alloys and with complaints or in cases of damage.
… implements independently all necessary metallographic photo work and is responsible for the documentation and archiving.
… is responsible for forwarding information in time about determined results.
… is responsible for maintenance and servicing of the metallographic plants in the metallography and in the photographic laboratory.
… is responsible for cleanliness of the photographic and metallography laboratory.
AV Technicians – Lighting, Audio And Video – Casting Call!
CASTING CALL! A leading audio visual and production company is looking for an experienced AV Technicians for Lighting, Audio and Video in the Dallas, TX area to support production of meetings and events in Dallas and throughout the United States. We are looking for experience working with audio visual in corporate meetings, trade shows, and similar “big show” events ensuring set-up, show, and strike of audio visual. Must Have Experience:
Must have audio visual event technology industry experience with a minimum 5 recent years in the role of a AV Technician running “Big Show" corporate events. Must have prior technical “hands on" experience supporting and troubleshooting audio visual rental and staging equipment during live events. Knowledge of audio visual equipment which includes but is not limited to audio, data, lighting, staging, video, digital signage, etc. preferred.
Must have "Live" Corporate Event Production Management and Project Management Experience
Strong customer service and communication
Set up and operate consoles.
An understanding of signal flow and speaker set up.
Ability to EQ and "ring out the room".
Load and unload trucks.
Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
Provide highest level of customer satisfaction.
Practice safety procedures.
Education and Certifications
Must possess a two-year college degree or higher
CTS and/or any other A/V Industry certifications desired not required.
Pay Range: $10.00 - $25.00 per hour based upon experience.
Benefits: 100% Health Insurance covered
Merestone is an award-winning, full-service production company that specializes in creating experiences that help the worlds best brands educate, communicate, inspire and elevate the people who mean the most to your company: your employees, your customers and your vendors. WE LOVE WHAT WE DO!
We produce one-of-a-kind, live and interactive events and environments that provide your audience with a true brand experience. We communicate your brand message through event and experiential campaigns that deliver a true impact and elicit response. Our portfolio says it all.
From corporate events, conferences and business meetings, to star-studded ceremonies, product launches and trade shows; Merestone is your single-source production company that offers in-house direct services and a versatile staff to glue it all together.
Established in 1974 under Unique, Inc., Merestone has built one of the top event companies on a unique structure that utilizes unparalleled talent and experience.
Our corporate headquarters are in Scottsdale, Arizona. Within our headquarters are multi-workstation editing suites, a graphics studio, multiple conference rooms, a production team, a sales and marketing team, and accounting and management offices. Our main office is conveniently located in Old Town Scottsdale, just minutes from Phoenix International Airport.
Merestone is supported by a 65,000 square foot warehouse, located in Tempe, Arizona, that holds more than 50,000 items. Our extensive inventory allows us to offer many services in-house, including welding, sculpting, graphic printing shop, fine carpentry, scenic painting and specialty finishing. Our warehouse also houses three studios, wardrobe, make-up, rehearsal, and editing bays.
As a convenience for our clients, we maintain a fleet of trucks licensed to deliver all over the United States, North America and Mexico. Plus, Merestone is a licensed cargo shipper, allowing our reach to be worldwide.
Senior Metallurgist / Casting Expert
Ready for a change?
If you have a passion making great metal parts, but are tired of the traditional foundry job, then you may have found your perfect career match.
Dominion Metallurgical (DOM-MET), has an opening for a Senior Metallurgist and Casting Expert at its Roanoke Virginia office. This dynamic individual must inherently understand the "black magic" associated with casting a great component. He/she must have deep experience and working knowledge of metal parts manufacturing and casting processes including green sand, no bake, investment, shell, lost foam, permanent mold, and others. He/she must be a strategic thinker and a hands on problem solver.
· Work directly with customers to ensure metal components are designed for optimal manufacturability
· Assess and recommend optimal manufacturing process or metallurgical options for prototyping or small or large run production parts
· Troubleshoot part quality issues and recommend alternative or novel methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
· Understand the varied and balanced needs of cost competitiveness, product reliability / robustness, innovation, constraints relating to the global availability of material and manufacturing processes
· Perform audits of off-site foundries and other suppliers
· Work with and support sales and account management by providing technical expertise to the sales process
· Drive profitability through engineering solutions; development of manufacturable designs
· Ferrous and aluminum casting process and product knowledge
· Failure analysis of castings
· Experience with nondestructive examinations (Visual, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant, Radiography, and Ultrasonic testing)
· Expert knowledge in alloying materials, materials properties, high temperature superalloys, high temperature corrosion, ferrous alloys, mechanistic behaviors, and associated lab equipment.
· 10+ years working in a foundry environment
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and communicate a solution in ways that are understandable to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgical or Materials Science Engineering preferred
· Highly proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, and web portal technology
Dom-Met offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, discretionary bonus potential, and a dynamic work environment. This position requires local travel. Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Established in 1992, Dominion Metallurgical (Domet) is a dedicated team of customer-focused industry professionals with extensive experience in manufacturing, materials engineering, quality assurance, logistics management and inventory control.
Domet was founded on the principles of exceptional customer service, technical capabilities and dedication to the foundry industry. These principles continue to drive our company today and are most evident in our people, who are the key to our success.
While the core competencies of our company revolve around the production and further processing of castings, we have evolved to become a solutions-oriented partner focused on helping our customers overcome virtually any manufacturing or material challenge.
WHAT WE DO
Domet specializes in the manufacturing and supply of castings, forgings, machining, injection-molded plastics and secondary value-added processes. We utilize our extensive experience to provide our customers with cost-effective and value-based solutions to meet their engineering and design needs while addressing their quality and procurement requirements.
We accomplish this by aiding our customers in all areas of production and by applying our broad range of manufacturing experience to deliver:
- Commercial Products
- Heat Treating
- Forming & Stamping
- Painting & Plating
- Turnkey Components
Process Engineer - Die Casting
This position requires automotive manufacturing Die Casting experience and permanent United States citizenship.
Please download your detailed resume to your application and include your personal email address in the Cover Letter section of the application. Please review your information to ensure you are attaching a detailed resume to show your experience and qualifications.
The Process Engineer develops, coordinates, and implements manufacturing processes, procedures, and techniques including process improvement activities to improve overall efficiency, product quality, productivity, and profitability in accordance with company and customer requirements. Controls programing knowledge to modify and develop better process on production systems.
Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for the assigned department, including capital and expense plans and equipment utilization studies.
- Prepare and review feasibility of capital appropriation requests for equipment, tools, new facilities and refurbishment of existing facilities. Negotiate and evaluate equipment cost reductions with equipment supplier.
- Includes planning for new equipment, jigs and fixtures, developing specifications, obtaining quotes, purchasing and assisting with the installation by in-house or outside personnel.
- Prepare and update plant layout/process flow as needed for new equipment, new/modified processes and new/revised products, using both manual and automated drafting techniques.
- Set up of equipment, train manufacturing, maintenance staff, and hand over completed process to manufacturing teams.
- Direct plant side activities in conjunction with corporate PE department for new equipment.
- Communicate project status to other departments and manufacturing plants.
- Perform defect reduction investigations making recommendations for equipment modifications, trailing and qualifications.
- Create, modify, and review process control details relating to new products or product design changes.
- Complete test runs, adjustments, safety checks and capability studies for new/revised equipment, products and processes required by company quality and safety standards.
- Test cost reduction ideas to ensure no compromises are made in product/process quality, safety or workability - develop countermeasures if necessary.
- Evaluate and analyze costs and techniques of new concepts or applications for manufacturing processes and present relevant data to management for further study.
- Establish preventive maintenance items and frequency.
- Guide and direct implementation of kaizen and cost reduction improvements.
- Provides technical support to all departments to implement improvements, installations and repairs to ensure safety guidelines and ergonomic principles are observed.
- Maintains specified records, files and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of automotive manufacturing experience in Die Casting required.
- Must be a permanent United States citizen - our client will not provide sponsorship.
- Extensive experience with robotics tuning, electrical and PLC trouble-shooting.
- Controls Knowledge- Yaskawa Motoman, Fanuc Robots- Jog robot modify weld program
- Allen Bradley Logix 5000- Understand logic, trouble shoot and write logic small to medium project.
- Atlas Copco Understanding of torque theory and some knowledge of Power Focus Torque tools
- Fronius, Motoweld and WTC weld controller working knowledge
- Working Knowledge of Ark-Spot welding, weld schedules, weld maps
- Able to read component, assembly, and equipment drawings.
- Proven technical competence in applicable major subsystem (i.e. seats, door trim).
- Basic understanding of the industrial equipment and manufacturing processes relating to automotive interiors.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the principles and theories of manufacturing and industrial engineering.
- Must have an understanding of ergonomic principles and company safety procedures, regulations and requirements.
- Must know the requirements and procedures for the start up and introduction of new products into the manufacturing process.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
- Able to work in a fast paced, multicultural work environment.
- Strong organization, planning, scheduling, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multitask and facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Active listener with effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work and utilize resources and tools in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to support production on all shifts during new product launch.
- Ability to collect and organize data in an orderly fashion so that it can be accessed and used for future programs.
- Must be able to compile information and report that information to the appropriate people in the organization in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
Salary $60,000 - $72,000 a year
Investment Casting Engineer
Investment Casting Engineer
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering preferred
3-7 years or equivalent knowledge / experience
3 to 5 years of product/process development experience in investment casting of Aerospace/IGT blades, vanes and other turbine parts. experience in HPT blades and vanes or other Aerospace/IGT parts is bonus
Experienced in gating and mold assembly design using CAD software, identifying necessary tooling and developing design concepts for tools and fixtures
Experienced in working with specifications, part dimensional analysis and tolerance (ASME Y14.5)
Proficient in SolidWorks or NX
Familiar with a variety of concepts within the field
United Employment Group, Inc.
Office: 610-351-8070 x112
Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration, Concrete Products and Construction, Metals, Engineering and Plastic Industries.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!