Director Dental Services Job Description Sample
Surgical Dental Assistant/Marketing Director
JOB TITLE: Surgical Assistant/Marketing Director
SCHEDULE: Monday 9-3, Tuesday-Thursday 8-5, Overtime may be required and assistant should expect to stay until job is complete for the day and setup for the following day. Some additional days may be available and occasionally required, sometimes at an out of office location. Advanced notice will be given. This position is considered Full Time and requires a minimum of 30 hours/week.
The Surgical Assistant/Marketing Director position has two distinct roles as a Surgical Assistant when required for patient care, and as Marketing Director when not required for patient care. As Marketing Director, the overall responsibility is to maintain and grow relationships with referring offices to continually improve referral relations, influx of new patients, and quality of referrals. Constant tracking of referral sources for new patients and developing outreach programs based on these trends is a key element of this position.
As Surgical Assistant, it is required to work cohesively with all office personnel, particularly the Lead Surgical Assistant on clinically-related tasks to ensure seamless delivery of patient care to meet daily production goals. This includes preparing for treatment delivery, maintenance of patient records,back-office organization, sterilization, overall maintenance of equipment. All team members must also work cohesively and efficiently with other employees to attain practice goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Marketing Director:
Serve as the physical face of the practice to the dental community
Physically visit referring offices quarterly, and more often as needed
Get to know key staff members by name. Introduce self as their point of contact for any issues or concerns that may arise; serve as concierge to our office.
Build rapport with potential new offices-this may include lunch and learn programs for referring offices or one-on-one training for referral office staff to improve the number and quality of referrals as well as overall relationship with office
Track referral sources each week & monitor referring trends
As Surgical Assistant:Prepare patient, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials and treatment rooms for delivery of patient care, and assist dentist during dental procedures.
Document dental care services and conversations with patients regarding the delivery of patient care, by charting in patient records.
Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist and ensure post-operative phone calls are made to patients in a timely manner
Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
Maintain All OSHA standards, MSDS logs, sharps and hazardous waste removal logs, and other regulatory compliance matters as related to delivery of patient care.
Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
Clean and polish removable appliances.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR SATISFACTORY JOB PERFORMANCE
Microsoft word, excel, use of email and email attachments including JPEG, PDF, TIFF, DOC, XL
Must have current CPR, California Radiology certificate, and completion of the state-required 8 hour infection control course (must be completed within first 6 months of employment if not yet completed at the time of hire).
Experience in the dental field and broad understanding of procedures and dental specialties
Faculty Data Services Coordinator, School Of Dental Medicine, Office Of The Dean
Tracking Code 9152/M0317 Job Description The Faculty Data Services Coordinator will primarily provide administrative support to the Director of Faculty Academic Services & Operations in the Office of the Dean. The Faculty Data Services Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with the Director, internal and external Departments (e.g., Human Resources, the International Students & Scholars Office the Medical Campus and Charles River Campus Provost's Offices and General Counsel) for overseeing faculty employment matters at the Dental School. Major activities include: processing faculty appointments and promotions, drafting faculty offer letters and amended employment letters, processing faculty rank and educational transactions in SAP, preparing and submitting immigration/licensure paperwork and monitoring immigration issues, assisting with the faculty annual review process, faculty academic credentialing and onboarding and faculty payroll services.
DATA PROCESSING: Process all SAP transactional items such: as the creation and maintenance of faculty positions in SAP Org Management; process faculty HR transactions including leaves of absence, maintain changes in employment effort and salary changes for ~230 faculty in SAP payroll, process faculty hires and terminations, update salary cost distribution changes, provide faculty reporting, update position information on budget flat file and also oversee immigration, credentialing and Occupational Health surveillance. Serve as primary vacation and sick tracking administrator for GSDM faculty members:
Manage and oversee the collection, recording, tracking and processing of vacation entry and adjustments to Time Matters sick/vacation accrual database for faculty on a monthly basis. Update faculty licensure and credentialing information into the GSDM online portal ensuring compliance with CPR and dental licensure. Update faculty changes in internal telephone directory.
APPOINTMENTS & PROMOTIONS: Responsible to review and process all appointment and promotion packets from departments; draft Dean's Cover memos from ASCP and PROF appointments; disseminate approved packets to the Appointments & Promotions (A&P;) and Executive Committee members; serve as an ex officio member of A&P; and coordinate and manage all committee meetings in conjunction with Committee Chair and provide Committee administrative support including taking minutes; update all faculty titles in SAP, Directory, and Website; issue final appointment and promotion letters, process merit increases for faculty promotions; update faculty education and rank records in SAP. Offer Letters/Contracts: Assist the Director of Faculty Academic Services & Operations with the drafting, editing, and distribution of faculty letters of offer; amended employment letters; and Postdoctoral & Visiting Researcher letters of offer and contract renewals.
Process all onboarding paperwork received from departmental hiring managers to ensure compliance with Human Resources requirements.Write offer letters and appointment renewals for Postdoctoral Associates and Visiting Researchers. Work with departments to onboard these positions in SAP including providing related administrative support relative to immigration needs of Occupational Health compliance. FMLA/Leaves of Absence: Provide guidance to faculty members and departments regarding the different types of approved leaves available to full-time and part-time faculty, and the approval and filing process for all leaves of absences. Collaborate with Assistant Director for Staff Administration & Operations who oversees the FMLA process for all GSDM employees to track all leaves ensuring proper compensation is provided throughout the leave, vacation/sick time, and/or temporary disability.
Confirm that all leaves have been designated appropriately in SAP and organized on the drive. Participate in Faculty and Operations projects as needed such as: CODA/ADEA Surveys, Faculty Reporting; Affirmative Action analysis, Merit Increases, Administrative support for the Faculty Development Committee, set-up schedule for Appointment & Promotions Committee meetings; other duties as assigned. Required Skills Bachelor's Degree Required.
Must have at least 3-5 years in an administrative support role supporting multiple people with a variety of responsibilities.
High level of attention to detail with correspondence and project specific work
Must be able to multi-task and prioritize We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Must be able to critically think and problem solve and present ideas and or solutions for issue resolution.
Must be comfortable interacting with Dean’s, Department Chairs, Directors and Faculty and other high level University offices on a daily basis
Must be able to work in a system driven environment with intermediate level experience in the following: Microsoft Office Applications – Excel, Word, Power point, Outlook Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Executive Director – Government Dental Programs - Houston, TX
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm) Executive Director – Government Dental Programs The Executive Director role is a key leadership position focused on ensuring the organization delivers patient-centered, high quality and efficient care for its dental Medicaid membership.
The Executive Director will act as liaison between UHC and Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) to ensure contract compliance. Additionally, this position is also responsible for oversight of our overall clinical strategy and operational model. This role will serve as stewardship of external local relationships including our State Partner and providers, improvement in quality and health outcomes metrics, affordability and cost savings initiatives.
The position will be based in Houston, TX. The Executive Director will be responsible for: Ensuring compliance with HHS regulatory contract requirements and implementing timely solutions as needed Receiving and responding to all inquiries and requests made by HHS, in the timeframes and formats specified by HHS Attending and participating in regular meetings or conference calls with HHS to review performance and resolve issues Driving timelines and deliverables for all operational components including those performed by our subcontractors Oversight for the development and growth of our statewide dental network to insure access and adequacy Leads the organization in identifying health care cost drivers and cost reduction opportunities, by leveraging data analysis and health care economics resources and tools Partners with local health services teams to ensure local clinical programs are executed appropriately, efficiently, effectively and within State compliance guidelines Identify community and local partnerships for program innovation, development and improvement Leverages understanding of State contract and State program objectives to ensure health plan is pro-actively advancing the State relationship, and positioning UHC as an innovative, thought leader Partners with community organizations and the provider community, as well as with colleague MCOs, to advance the State agenda and our overall clinical model 10+ years’ experience as an executive leader with responsibility for operations, clinical standards, quality management, and in a health plan organization 5+ years of operational focus with demonstrated data analysis / interpretation acumen, project management, change management, and execution skills Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision and drive results with disciplined follow-though Strong strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align clinical and operational related strategies and recommendations with business objectives Adaptable and flexible style of collaborating with key stakeholders in setting direction Proven ability to quickly gain credibility, influence and partner with employees, business leaders, state partners and the clinical community High integrity with a reputation of a trusted confidential advisor and partner Visibility and involvement in community outreach effort Ability to develop relationships with network and community physicians and other providers Demonstrated leadership ability and outcomes in a complex or large organizational setting Excellent presentation skills for both clinical and nonclinical audiences Experience working for FQHC, dental insurance carrier, academic institution, or organized dentistry desirable Ability to drive change, influence individuals at all levels of the organization and to take appropriate risks and consensus building Position based in Houston, TX Preferred Qualifications 5+ years’ experience in Medicaid / Medicare government programs Undergraduate Degree or advanced degree
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. 9e000263-41a6-4754-aa74-f2b034436d1c Executive Director – Government Dental Programs - Houston, TXTexas-Houston732061
Director, Member Services / Call Center - Dental Insurance
The Director of Member Services will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Member Services/Call Center. Position gives direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy and its goals and objectives. Responsible for managing daily activities of Member Services/Call Center while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction, accuracy and compliance with all reporting benchmarks. Also oversees long-term planning, technology strategies and continuous improvement of operational efficiencies. Keeps current on State and Federal regulatory issues and industry activities and trends and is responsible for regulatory reporting. Diligently works to foster a positive and cohesive work environment, while ensuring exemplary service is provided to all customers.
- Develop departmental strategies to ensure call center is operating at maximum efficiencies and is meeting all corporate and department goals and objectives.
- Elevates the department to provide superior service to all internal and external customers.
- Identify and pursue process improvements, quality auditing measures and system enhancements.
- Establishes, maintains and monitors production and accuracy goals for each job function.
- Ensure appropriate and timely responses to complaints, audits and inquiries including those that require management’s attention. Responsible for guiding complaint resolution to ensure proper and satisfactory resolution is obtained on complex inquiries.
- Ensure communication at all levels regarding new clients, plan designs, processes, policies, systems/enhancements, etc.
- Analyze call center data to prepare operation, productivity and forecasting reports.
- Oversees training efforts for call center including curriculum, scheduling and assessments.
- Develop and maintain desktop policies and procedures.
- Participate in client and regulatory audits.
- Coordinate efforts with regional offices when necessary.
- Assist with other duties as assigned or determined appropriate.
- Safeguard and secure any and all PHI from misuse in strict accordance with LIBERTY’s Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Follow safety guidelines outlined by LIBERTY Dental Plan’s Illness and Injury Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment following established protocols
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS, or 10 years of Management Experience in Dental Insurance
- Minimum of 5 years overseeing a high-volume call center
- Familiar with dental benefits and CDT codes and nomenclature
- Extensive knowledge of call center operations
- Ability to perform statistical analysis
- Knowledge of claims processing preferred
- Strong leadership ability
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to foster a team environment and motivate staff to achieve success
- Capable of meeting deadlines and adjusting priorities
- Ability to author comprehensive documents and reports
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships internally and externally
- Experience working in a union environment preferred
Environment and/or Physical Factors:
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Sedentary work involves extensive sitting, typing, close range vision most of the time.
Sponsorship and Relocation Specifications:
LIBERTY Dental Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No relocation assistance or sponsorship available at this time.
We offer an environment where you can be challenged, pursue goals, develop and cultivate new skills. At LIBERTY, we are employee-focused and are committed to our people, their job satisfaction, their welfare, and of course, their safety.
Director Of Dental
The Director of Dental is primarily responsible for providing dental care for the patients of Inland Behavioral and Health Services, Inc. In addition, the Director of Dental is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Dental Department and directing the activities of the Dental personnel. The Director of Dental reports to the Chief Executive Officer, and is a salaried, exempt position.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Typical responsibilities and duties of the Director of Dental include, but are not limited to:
· Assume quality of care for all patients.
· Adhere to the highest standard of dental practices, ethics and professionalism at all times.
· Assist the Executive team in establishing dental policies, quality improvement procedures, and evaluating current practices.
· Recommend changes in all clinical areas or in general to improve patient flow, dental records, dental billing, and appointment practices.
· Supervise, direct, train and educate dental ancillary staff on dental policies and procedures.
· Maintain affiliations with professional groups, dental associates, and dental organizations and represent Inland Behavioral and Health Services, Inc. at all meetings of these associations.
· Participation in community events such as school screenings, health fairs, and other social events.
· Maintain compliance with Federal, state and local funding agencies rules and regulations.
· Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of Dental school. Possess valid, unrestricted California dental license. Five years of experience as a practicing dentist. Authoritative knowledge of the practice and techniques of dentistry as a general practitioner in a community health center required.
Must be psychologically able to deliver appropriate dental services to the clients regardless of ethnic, religion, sex, age, physical disability, or economic status.
Must have visual, oral-auditory, motor and cognitive ability necessary to perform functions of Dentist. Must be able to meet the time requirements for delivery of Dental services. Less than 5% travel required.
Program Director - Dental Assisting
Description Would you like to work for one of the most progressive companies in the career education industry? Are you excited about giving committed students the skills they need to be successful? Then consider joining us at Brightwood College as a Dental Assistant (DA) Program Director. Do you have the ability to motivate and inspire others around you? Are you an assertive and self-confident person who enjoys making things happen? Do you possess a strong desire to mentor students and faculty towards success? If these statements sound like you, then we want you to exercise your unique skill sets and make a major impact as a DA Program Director! Expectations for our Program Directors include: developing and maintaining a strong instructor bench, supervising and mentoring instructors, advising students, teaching classes (as needed) and supporting program enrollment and retention. You will lead the program with professionalism and integrity, while fostering an enthusiastic atmosphere that motivates the students. Our programs must maintain a 70% benchmark or greater in both student placement and retention. This position will report to the Academic Dean.
Education/Experience Needed: * Graduation from a program accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the specialty field or subject area in which they teach, in the State of Tennessee, the occupational experience must be a minimum of three (3) years of practical experience within the last seven (7) years in the subject area to be taught. -OR- * A minimum of five (5) years of job-related experience, as described above, for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited program in the field in which they teach. Additionally, must hold a current license, certification or other credential as required by local, state and/or federal laws to work in the field.
Essential Duties and
* Advising Students
- Responsible for developing and sustaining student relationships through participation in student orientations and through providing proper counseling, coaching, mentoring, scheduling, and advisement.
Supervising Instructors – Participate in hiring, training, instructor orientations, mentoring program instructors; provide faculty development and in-services opportunities; and, provide growth opportunities for teaching methodologies.
Supporting Operations – Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, academic metrics, program budget, classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and provide actionable information to the Dean, Campus President, and Corporate Academics.
- Responsible for teaching courses as prescribed by the academic staffing guidelines.
Ensuring Compliance – Responsible for adherence to ACICS criteria, programmatic accreditor criteria, and corporate and college policies and procedures.
- Participates in program and curriculum review and development.
Supporting Program Enrollment – Provide product knowledge to admissions quarterly and interview applicants as requested.
Supporting Graduates – Provide Career Services and the Campus President with the type and number of externship requirements and manage the placement and supervision of students in the externships.
Supporting Campus Events
- Attend campus/corporate events.
Other Duties As Assigned – Complete other duties as assigned. Brightwood College is an institution of higher education dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals. We keep education relevant by employing staff and instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure students studies align with their career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs. To learn more about us, please visit: www.brightwoodcareer.edu For a listing of our total rewards programs visit: https://www.ecacolleges.com/careers.cfm?subid=4 Requisition Number: 226PRGDA001NAS
Title:* Program Director
- Dental Assisting
Post Date:* 5/23/2016 Location: Brightwood College
Dental Residency Program Director
Spokane, Washington - Sacred Heart Medical Center (SHMC) is a regional tertiary/quaternary hospital seeking to hire an inaugural program director for its new General Practice Residency (GPR). The ideal applicant will possess a passion for hospital dentistry and resident education and be able to demonstrate a broad dental clinical skill set. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to design a hospital-based GPR from its inception.
SHMC is committed to providing the resources needed to ensure this program’s long-term success, including faculty support through the accreditation and resident recruitment processes. Priority will be given to general dentists with previous experience in hospital dentistry but interested specialists are also encouraged to apply. Enjoy a healthy work / life balance in Washington’s second largest city, Spokane.
About the Facility Providence Medical Group – Eastern Washington is our physician-led network of more than 500 primary and specialty care providers in multiple clinic locations in Spokane and Stevens counties. PMG providers offer exceptional patient-centered care as a reflection of our Providence values.
PMG partners with some of the region's most advanced hospitals: Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Childrens Hospital, Providence Holy Family Hospital, Providence Mount Carmel and Providence St.
About the Area Spokane, located about halfway between the Rocky and Cascade Mountain Ranges, is a regional medical hub, drawing patients from four states. Spokane and eastern Washington offer high quality of life features as well, including some of the nation's cleanest air and water, responsible development in harmony with nature, and a mild four-season climate.
Spokane's affordable housing, growing arts and theater community and excellent higher education choices make it a prime destination for families and working professionals alike. Outdoor enthusiasts relish Spokane's prime location with over 60 miles of biking and hiking trails and close to exceptional skiing, whitewater rafting and other recreation.
About the Organization Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and medical groups with a mission to serve everyone—especially the poor and vulnerable. Providence is a partner organization of the Providence St.
Joseph Health (PSJH) family, which operates 50 exceptional hospitals and more than 800 clinics across seven western states. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice clinician opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, PSJH and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models. Providence is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity organization.
Dental Director Opportunity
Great opportunity for a Dental Director. This position provides professional, high-quality dental treatment and education to a broad range of patients.
The Dental Director also oversees all dental clinical operations, including patient care, supervision of clinical staff, compliance with regulatory agencies/requirements (e.g., OSHA, DPH, JCAHO), development and implementation of policies and procedures governing all aspects of clinical operations, infection control, quality assurance, equipment maintenance, patient complaints and incident reporting.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides hands-on dental care in a variety of settings while achieving the highest levels of appropriateness, quality, efficiency, accessibility and responsiveness.
- Maintains full appointment schedule for office practice and other settings
- Meets patient needs as they arise
- Utilizes state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment techniques and delegates and refers care as appropriate
- Maintains necessary credentialing, licensure and continuing education requirements
- Provides a full range of general dental services within the dentist’s defined scope of training
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment of the health center mission
2. Provides clinical leadership of dental program.
- Supervise clinical staff
- Ensure clinic’s compliance with all regulatory requirements (e.g., OSHA, DPH, JCAHO)
- Develop, implement and maintain dental policies and procedures related to clinical operations
- Oversee the clinic’s quality assurance program
- Oversee the clinic’s infection control program
- Oversee protocols for the maintenance of all clinical equipment
- Develop, implement and maintain clinical protocols for the delivery of patient care services
- Develop protocols for the management and resolution of patient complaints
- Develop and oversee the system used to report and resolve incidents within the dental program
- Determine the dental products to be used in the clinic
- DDS or DMD degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in general dentistry
- Current licensure in the state of Massachusetts
- Valid DEA license to prescribe narcotics
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Min. 5 yrs dental experience
- Min 3 yrs leadership role preferred
Description:Position Purpose\: Administer, maintain and implement utilization and quality management activities, which include the review of prior authorizations, clinical appeals and potential quality issues. Provide dental advice and counsel to internal and external customers as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing, administering, and maintaining prior and retrospective authorizations and clinical appeals.
- Resolve grievances related to dental quality of care under the dental plan.
- Actively participates in the functioning of the plan grievance procedures under the dental plan.
- Directs involvement in the implementation of quality improvement activities under the dental plan, including tracking and trending quality care issues.
- Evaluates clinical decisions to ensure they are not influenced by fiscal or administrative management considerations.
- Evaluates dental care provided to ensure meets state clinical criteria and standards for acceptable dental care and ensures dental protocols are followed.
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of appropriate dental policies, protocols and procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards
- Actively participates in the functioning of the plan fraud, waste and abuse protocols of the dental plan.
- Responsible for Dental Consultant training and calibration.
- Primary clinical contact for UM, Claims, and Professional Relations personnel.
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of appropriate dental policies, protocols and procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards.
Education/Experience\: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from a university-based dental education program accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation. 7+ years of clinical dental practice, including 3+ years of experience in insurance or benefits administration setting.
License/Certification\: Hold an active, unrestricted license or certification to practice medicine or a health profession in a state or territory of the United States. Current state license as a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) without limitations or sanctions from government programs. Unless expressly allowed by state or federal law or regulation, are located in a state or territory of the United States when conducting a peer clinical review.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Program Director - Dental Assistant
Would you like to work for one of the most progressive companies in the career education industry? Are you excited about giving committed students the skills they need to be successful? Then consider joining us at Brightwood College.
For our Program Director over Dental Assisting, we are looking for a dynamic, high-energy leader who inspires both students and faculty. If you have an electric personality, a student-focused approach, and strong clinical knowledge and experience, then step into a bright future and apply with us TODAY!
What are the expectations?
Expectations for our Program Directors include: developing and maintaining a strong instructor bench, supervising and mentoring instructors, advising students, teaching classes (as needed) and supporting program enrollment and retention. You will lead the program with professionalism and integrity, while fostering an enthusiastic atmosphere that motivates the students. Our programs must maintain a 70% benchmark or greater in both student placement and retention. This position will report to the Academic Dean.
The majority of your time will be spent in the following areas:
• Student Interaction
• Administrative and Compliance
• Managing and Developing Faculty
- Faculty teaching in the Dental Assistant program core courses must have a diploma (Associate's Preferred) from an accredited institution in Dental Assisting
- Must have a valid, active, and current license issued by the Board or the Dental Hygiene Committee of CA, must have been licensed or permitted for a minimum of 2 years
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in the subject matter being taught. All instructors must have completed or complete within 6 months of employment, a course or certification program in educational methodology of at least 30 hours.
Additional details on position requirements:
- Advise Students- Responsible for developing and sustaining student relationships through participation in student orientations and provide proper counseling, coaching, mentoring, scheduling, and advisement.
- Supervise Instructors- Participate in hiring, training, instructor orientations, mentoring program instructors; provide faculty development and in-service opportunities; and, provide growth opportunities for teaching methodologies.
- Support Operations- Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, academic metrics, program budget, classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and provide actionable information to the Dean, Campus President, and Corporate Academics.
- Ensure Compliance- Responsible for adherence to ACICS criteria, programmatic accreditor criteria, and corporate and college policies and procedures.
- Support Program Enrollment- Provide product knowledge to admissions quarterly and interview applicants as requested. Support campus and corporate events. Virginia College is an institution of higher education dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
Brightwood helps students reach their educational goals by teaching the communication skills necessary to work successfully with clients and other professionals, offering courses designed to prepare students to successfully participate in society, providing students with the opportunity to gain the knowledge necessary to succeed in a competitive job market, and encouraging students to become involved in professional organizations that promote their learning and professional skills.
We keep education relevant by employing staff and instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure students studies align with their career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!