Director Education Job Description Sample
- Masters Degree Required
- 3-5 years experience is required
Our Director, Education is an exciting opportunity for you to be a part of building our healthy future!
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (CHA HPMC) has been serving Hollywood and the surrounding areas since 1924. Along the way, CHA HPMC has established a tradition of providing quality care with compassion and respect for all patients.
Building upon that tradition, the medical center has enhanced its capabilities and reinforced its commitment to the community through investments in cutting-edge technology and infrastructure. In addition to becoming certified as a Primary Stroke Center and STEMI Receiving Center, CHA HPMC hosts the minimally invasive surgical system da Vinci® Xi™, features an innovative three-track process that expedites patient care in the Emergency Room, and is undergoing construction on a new, state-of-the-art patient tower.
Join an Executive Team Dedicated to Quality Care!
We have a long tradition of providing high-quality medical care to our patients, including recognition by Healthgrades in areas such as Patient Safety, Labor and Delivery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Treatment of Heart Failure, Hip Fracture Treatment, Back Surgery, and more.
This position offers the opportunity to join our team of caring executives and become part of building our healthy future.
To join our caring team of professionals, please submit an online application.
- Plans, directs, supervises and performs all technical aspects of the Education Department.
Plans and provides regular in-services for hospital personnel and others, as appropriate.
Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of learning materials to various hospital departments. Complies with regulating agencies mandates that require employees to render care to patients and families appropriate to their age, cultural background and psychosocial needs.
Acts as resource for competency identification and data management for all departments.
Participates in the Continuous Quality Improvement Programs.
Conducts departmental human resources management functions. These include participating in the hiring and firing process and completing performance evaluations in a timely manner. Ensures that every effort is extended to motivate employees. Utilizes hospital policy to orient, administer, discipline, respond to grievances and evaluate employee performance.
Maintains a comprehensive awareness of all current and developing technologies in the field of responsibility.
Operates the Education Department at or better than budgeted financial performance.
Operates the Education Department whereby the employees' engagement scores exceed annual and long term expectations.
Operates the Education Department at or better than targeted patient safety and satisfaction annual and long term expectations.
Master's degree from a recognized college or university.
Current license as a Registered Nurse in California or eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse in California.
ACLS, PALS, and Crisis Prevention Intervention certifications preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English and understand verbal and written instructions.
Five years' experience in nursing, three years of which must have been in education/administration immediately prior to application.
Demonstrated knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and Curriculum Development.
Demonstrated experience in education program development and implementation.
Please disable your pop - up blocker
before starting the application process.
Special Education Program Director
- Operates as the supervisor on site for each Soaring Heights School (SHS) incidents
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Schools or Autism Division Director
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries with SHS staff
- Demonstrates and fosters a positive, open communication culture for SHS staff
- Participates in external marketing initiatives and presents at conferences
- Ensures that SHS staff follow mandated timelines and processes for reporting of escorts, holds and
- Ensures that SHS staff follow mandated Childline reporting timelines and processes
- Audits new student referrals and initial student intakes
- Conducts SHS tours for prospective school districts, families and professionals
- Main liaison for communication with school districts
- Main liaison for communications with families
- Participates in supervision meetings with the APD as needed
- Attends, guides and leads staff meetings as needed
- Conducts formal teacher observations and evaluations annually
- Reviews IEPs before meetings and provides constructive feedback to APD as needed
- Oversight of standards to maintain a safe learning environment for students and staff
- Oversight of Special Education programming that adheres to PDE standards and policy
- Advises/mentors the APD for all aspects of the APD’s job responsibilities
- Operates as the direct supervisor to the Assistant Program Director (APD)
- Maintains and is responsible for monthly fiscal reporting
- Attends financial meetings
- Plans, develops, and administers the annual budget in coordination with the Autism Division Director
- Maintains contact with the Director of Schools and the Autism Division Director as per supervisory chain
- Upholds and enforces all operating policies, procedures, and safeguards that the Soaring Heights Schools as a licensed private academic school through the Pennsylvania Department of Education, must adhere to
- Upholds and enforces all operating policies, procedures, and safeguards that the Soaring Heights Schools as a division of Pyramid Healthcare, must adhere to
- Supervises all staff and functions of daily operations for each SHS site
- Complete required trainings and mandatory training hours.
Pyramid CORE Values:
We are committed and proud to live our CORE values and use them to inspire those around us. Our employees are expected to align with these values, behaviors and standards. We are held accountable for upholding these CORE Values: INTEGRITY is striving to be honest, transparent and ethical when dealing with clients, staff and the community. DEDICATION is demonstrating an unwavering commitment to always provide exceptional care and support to those we serve is needed daily. COLLABORATION is a steadfast, team-focused approach; working together to achieve excellence. PASSION is genuine, compelling and relentless desire to improve lives and support Pyramid Healthcare’s mission.
PA teaching certification in Special Education or Education, 5 years of teaching experience in an Autism Support and/or Emotional Support/and or related disabilities classroom(s)
Job-related Behavioral Characteristics:
Demonstrates professionalism, leadership, confidentiality, strong social communication skills, time-management, organization. Must possess skills to communicate effectively and interact well with people of diverse backgrounds. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information, working well in an individual/ group problem solving situation, and showing initiative in problem solving. Maintains professionalism and does not show favoritism. Maintains consistency with clients, staff, visitors, and the public. Ability to handle a crisis situation and react appropriately. Flexible and adaptable. Ability to make decisions in an objective and ethical manner. Calm and decisive in crisis situations. Ability to sustain a team environment, drive continuous improvement projects, and excellent problem-solving skills.
Medical, Dental, and Vision
Paid Time Off
Extended Illness Days
401k with Company Match
Employee Recognition Programs
Special Education Director
New Story School is a private licensed academic school which provides special education and behavioral health services to children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our multidisciplinary team collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
The Special Education Director is responsible for the overall management of the school program, including teaching methods and educational practices within the classroom setting. This position oversees curriculum development for students in accordance with Department of Education regulations for children with special needs and provides direction on behavior management to staff in the classroom setting.
Special Education Director Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Maintain program financial budget and evaluate financial status on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain open lines of communication with school districts to manage student referrals
- Facilitate communication with parents and encourage parental participation in the educational
- Plan and participate in the Individual Education Plan (IEP) process
- Facilitate collaboration with multidisciplinary team to ensure accurate information is communicated regarding student’s progress
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer.For more information about New Story Schools and Services, benefits and Careers Please visit our website www.newstory.com
Bachelor’s degree required with a master’s degree preferred; PA public school Special Education teaching certificate or Supervisor of Special Education certificate
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience working in the special education system, including a minimum of four years teaching and/or supervisory experience.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards Program (Which allows you to earn points to purchase items)
- 401k options
Director Of Training & Education
JOB TITLE: Director of Training and Development
ABOUT THE JOB:
As part of the Operations team, the Director of Training and Education is the liaison between functional departments and training dissemination. The role works in affiliation with the Human Resources (HR), Operations, and corporate leadership and serves as a primary resource on all training and education for the company. They manage and integrate team and individual efforts to build positive professional opportunities for employees and apply technical, theoretical, and managerial skills to plan, develop, implement, manage, and maintain the full cycle of all training and education materials: including both online (eLearning) and hands-on platforms.
- Directs the design, planning, and implementation of corporate training and education programs aligned with the objectives and strategy of the company
- Collaborates with department heads to assess ongoing and future training and education needs as well as effectiveness of established programs
- Develops and manages programs that provide training and education as needed and in designated locations that work for the participants
- Provides necessary communications about program information to ensure participation and highlight the value and benefits of training and education
- Approves new training and education program enhancements to existing training and education programs.
- In conjunction with finance, develops budgets to support training and education initiatives.
- Creates and implements policies and procedures to support the company’s training and education initiatives.
- Identify learning needs and performance gaps for both field and corporate team member training
- Ensures training and education activities are aligned with the company mission, vision, values, business process and overall company strategies
- Completes other projects and tasks as required
- Mentors and manages designated team members
- Accountable for Learning Management system design, administration and reporting oversight
- Develops and maintains consistent adherence to training and education formats and tools
- Coordinates, integrates, and facilitates the efforts of the individual, team, corporate function, and other resources associated with training and education projects
- Manages/monitors projects within the established timeline and budget
- Develops project plans and timelines for training and education initiatives
- Works closely with outside vendors and business partners to maximize contributions and achieve business objectives, and provide outside training programs when necessary
- Develops, implements, and maintains tracking of team member training and education, partnering with HR as needed
- Maintains close contact with training and education users to assess effectiveness of training content and materials
- Develops robust communication plans in support of training and education initiatives to field and corporate audiences including executive summaries for leadership
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with employees at all levels of the company
- Creates innovative learning tools through use of technology and various other techniques
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of training and development experience
- 5+ years of experience overseeing the entire cycle of training and development programs in a corporate setting
- Proven strategic planning experience establishing and achieving long-term training and education goals
- Experience successfully managing a team of trainers and educators
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills: written, oral, and presentation
- Comprehensive knowledge of training processes, tools and technology
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight timelines, within budget
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Flexible and adaptable in fast-paced, ever-changing business environment
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to facilitate dynamic training to groups large and small
- Ability to be physically present at the office or other designated location during regular business hours
- Computer proficiency with advanced skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Experience working with training and education technology platforms and equipment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time
Atlas Lift Tech, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
At Atlas we pride ourselves on the quality of our people, and we invest in them in hopes that each individual will not only grow with the company but also help us grow. From the executive leadership team to the lift coaches, we genuinely enjoy what we do and are proud to be the pioneers in SPHM. Employees are valued and appreciated, and we let them know it. How many companies do you know that sends each employee a birthday card and a personalized memo from the COO on their work anniversary and has fun contests with awesome prizes?!
Our benefit package is very robust and is always evolving. Below is a list of some of the benefits to working at Atlas:
- Fully paid 5-day training academy to teach you how to be a Lift Coach
- Competitive compensation package
- Night shift differential and holiday pay
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Company paid uniform and annual footwear subsidy
- CPR re-certification reimbursement program
- Free health screens and annual immunizations
- Promotional opportunities and internal transfer opportunities nationwide
- Free online education and training access
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance *
- Medical Flexible Spending Account *
- Dependent Care Account *
- Parking Commuter Benefits *
- Transit Commuter Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation/Sick Leave *
- And much more!
* Must be full-time to qualify
Assistant Director For Residence Education
Reporting to the Director for Residence Education, this position is a live-off position responsible for coordinating and directing all functions related to day-to-day operations of residential living learning buildings/communities. This position develops programs and relationships with various offices within the University.
As an integral member of the Housing and Residence Life (HRL) team, this position supports and assists with the supervision of all student development initiatives and processes, residence life functions, and administrative functions for on-campus housing. The Assistant Director will also assist in the development and management of living learning communities and assist with the education and implementation of the Residential Curriculum. This position assists in the hiring, supervision, and training of professional and student staff; coordinates area staff meetings; collaborates with a wide variety of campus offices to provide support services to residential students; manages the day-to-day operations of their assigned area and appropriately related budgets; addresses student/parent concerns; responds to crisis incidents that occur within the facilities as this position serves as a primary crisis intervention manager for residential emergencies and situations; monitors and enforces policies and regulations; serves as a campus judicial officer; helps maintain the health and safety environment within the facilities; and coordinates the opening and closing process for residents. The Assistant Director supports the University and Division's strategic plan through working with HRL staff with shaping environments to support student academic success and personal growth by supporting assessment efforts and participating in retention outreach.
Master's degree in student affairs, higher education or a related field. Considerable experience in housing and residence life.
Some related experience functioning in a full-time capacity to include some experience working with residential living or learning environments. Administrative experience in higher education, including administering a budget, planning, and staff supervision. Some experience with residence hall management and leadership training and development.
Demonstrated knowledge of student success, retention initiatives, best practices, and first year/upper-class programming in higher education. Demonstrates program development, management, and assessment knowledge and skills. Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrates ability to plan and achieve short and long-range goals driven by the mission and goals of the department and division. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to effectively prioritize, successfully perform responsibilities autonomously, and work collaboratively and effectively with students, faculty, and staff in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
VP Medical Director - Medical Education
Category: Medical Education Agency
The VP Medical Director assumes responsibility for understanding the scientific and clinical aspects of their assigned businesses in depth, and serve as a key strategic resource for both internal teams and clients. They will leverage science in brand differentiation and communications, collaborate with copywriters/medical writers to represent the scientific perspective throughout strategic/creative development, and ensure scientific and clinical relevance. At all levels, the Medical Directors will continue to develop their strategic skill set in an effort to uncover the most compelling way in which to differentiate a brand or franchise from a medically viable, but compelling perspective. Demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong analytical and interpretive skills, is needed.
Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following
- Manage the scientific team
- Work directly with clients to provide strategic oversight from a clinical perspective
- Participates in client meetings such as annual brand planning to provide internal team with client clinical strategies.
- Actively participate as a member of new business pitch teams when needed
- Critically review content developed by others in the agency, including
copywriters, medical writers, and AMDs.
- Responsible for new business efforts
- Provides client with strategic oversight
- Lead medically-related client interactions across multiple pieces of business.
- Always proactively participate in and contribute to discussions at team meetings to set example for reports.
- Supervise 1 or more AMDs/MDs/MWs on products in your group - teach them SOPs, give ongoing performance feedback; help with growth of skill sets; shadow, review all work and set examples until you feel your reports are ready to take on projects independently.
- More than 6 years medical writing/medical communications experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with account teams, other writers, editors, physicians and clients
- Ability to communicate medical/technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
Four Mile Historic Park is seeking an Education Director. This person will oversee all aspects of education program development and implementation at Four Mile Historic Park. The qualified candidate will bring 3-5 years of strategic leadership within the field of museums or other free-choice learning environments.
About the Museum…
Take a step back in time….this oasis in the city is a 12-acre park in the heart of the bustling, growing region that is Denver today. Built in 1859, the Four Mile House doubled as a stage stop and wayside inn along the Cherokee Trail, which brought settlers, cowboys, trappers, gold seekers and more to Colorado. The site grew into a thriving 600-acre ranch by the late 19th-century. This unique landmark personifies the spirit and ingenuity of yesterday, and is a popular tourist and family destination that showcases early Colorado history. Visitors can tour the Victorian home; admire horses, chickens and goats; check out demonstrations in our summer kitchen and blacksmith shop; and learn about customs and handcrafts of the late 1800’s. The Four Mile House is the oldest standing structure in Denver. The original home, along with the surrounding acreage, serves as tool to tell the story of the people and events that shaped the region.
Essential Duties and
- Leads the department in the development and assessment of dynamic educational programs for audiences of all ages and learning levels that fulfill the vision of the Park.
- Plays a key role in fundraising for educational programming, including but not limited to grant research, writing narratives and budgets for grant proposals.
- Oversees program content and ensures its educational and curricular connections to the museum’s collections and exhibits.
- Ensures program content aligns with common core standards, the overall mission of the Park, and current trends that enhance learning and visitor experience.
- Ensures that the educational program recognizes and reflects ethnic diversity and inclusion and the needs of the community as a whole.
- Ensures that within the educational program the varied physical, learning styles and disability needs of students are addressed as well as reflective of current innovative teaching methodologies.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff within the education department as well as volunteers associated with the program, including school program volunteers and docents.
- Works with other departments to develop engaging, interactive activities for special events, teacher workshops, classes, and the daily visitor experience. Takes charge of the museum tour program and ensures that Four Mile’s story is presented in a manner that connects with a modern, diverse audience in meaningful ways.
- Builds connections throughout the museum and cultural community, creating partnerships and opportunities to enhance programs.
- Serves as a representative of the organization at community events, workshops, and conferences, educating the public about resources and initiatives offered by the Park.
- Develops and implements evaluation tools to measure the overall effectiveness of programming, goal attainment, and related metrics.
- Accurately collects, organizes, and archives all program statistics. Develops reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversees departmental budget to ensure long-term sustainability of the program.
- Coordinates space and resources with Four MIle staff to mitigate any conflicts in the scheduling and execution of programs.
- Serves as the education staff liaison on applicable committees, attends staff and other meetings, and collaborates on programming that relates to the Park’s overall vision, mission, and goals.
- Works with marketing staff to update educational collateral to best publicize and promote educational programming.
- Maintains all requirements for the state licensing process, including mandatory trainings and certifications.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- B.A. in Education, Museum Studies, History, or related field; M.A. desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience developing and implementing educational programs, preferably in a museum or informal learning environment.
- Previous experience with SCFD funding, grant writing and attendance requirements strongly desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary educational methods and philosophies, including different learning styles and stages.
- Proven experience in budget and staff management.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a thriving team environment.
- Can see the big picture and the fundamental role educational programming plays in furthering the vision of the organization.
- Capacity to multi-task and remain flexible to accommodate program needs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to effectively address staff, visitor, and teacher concerns.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in and knowledge of Colorado/western history.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry or operate items used in programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually indoors in a clean, well-lighted, office environment, but will occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts; periods of successive lifting; and both inside and outside conditions (all weather) when facilitating a program.
Schedule, Compensation and Benefits:
The position is full-time and hours are generally Monday-Friday with some evening and weekend hours required. There is some flexibility within the schedule.
Compensation: $35,000 - $40,000/year.
Medical and Dental insurance (organization pays 70% of premium for employee), 2 weeks vacation with additional sick time, retirement plan (Simple IRA) contribution option with a 3% match.
Those interested in qualified, please upload a resume and fill out the on-line application. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. Four Mile Historic Park is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
Director Of Finance, Together Education
The Team and the Role
Reporting to TE’s Senior Advisor, the Director of Finance will develop, implement and continuously improve financial reporting, operations and accounting for all TE programs and the organization as a whole, including budgeting, financial reporting, audits, and critical support for key fundraising efforts; manage members of the Finance team to provide support for and perform these functions; oversee and support key HR systems and processes that impact the employee experience at TE, including onboarding and benefits; and take on other related duties as required and assigned – we are a start-up supporting start-ups, so new projects will always come up!
The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable with both big picture thinking/planning and detail-oriented “sweating the small stuff.” S/he may be reviewing expense coding and signing off on Accounts Payable one minute and then partnering with a colleague on a program team to build and roll out a revenue tracking dashboard the next. Rather than relishing doing one type of work and reluctantly doing the other just because it has to get done, the ideal candidate will appreciate that doing all the myriad responsibilities well yields a stronger and more efficient overall system and will roll up her/his sleeves when needed. S/he will also be curious, learn quickly, and, critically, be open to admitting when we don’t know the answer and have to do more research to find one. Approximately two-thirds of the job will be focused on keeping the finance/HR operation running smoothly and the rest of the time will be spent on one-off projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial reporting, operations and accounting*
- Manage and continually improve financial reporting process across the organization
- Manage the annual audit process, ensuring a clean and seamless audit
- Drive the annual budgeting for key TE programs in close partnership with program directors
- Maintain updated budget and cash flow projections by working closely with program leads
- Support fundraising efforts by producing and monitoring grant budgets and reports
- Manage regulatory reporting, including tax reporting and quarterly reporting as required
- Maintain sound fiscal policies and continuously improve financial operations and controls
- Ensure that all finance and personnel documentation is organized and secure at all times *
- Team management*
- Manage junior accounting staff in implementing above functions as needed, including all bookkeeping processes, including payroll, A/P, A/R, reconciliations, and monthly closing
- Continuously monitor and improve how team members are staffed to meet program needs, and propose and implement resource reallocations as needed *
- Finance systems and special projects*
- Lead finance-related projects to research and implement new financial operations systems as needed (e.g. new A/P system, new benefits/payroll system, etc.)
- Establish and refine financial systems for TX-based partner nonprofit organization
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve financial operations and ensure a seamless, high level of service for colleagues *
- HR / Talent / Benefits management*
- Onboard new staff into payroll and internal HR systems
- Support ongoing improvement of HR policies/systems that evolve as the organization grows
- Manage key benefits plans, including retirement and disability benefits *
- Other related duties as needed to support our programs and organization
- Master’s degree, preferably an MBA or masters in accounting, finance or related field
- At least five years of professional experience with three years in a finance-related position, start-up experience preferred, direct management experience a plus
- Deep understanding of basic accounting principles with knowledge of nonprofit accounting
- Fluency in MS Office; specifically, expertise in Excel and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent project management and systems-building skills
- Consistent accuracy in all tasks large and small, with enthusiastic attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently, intensely, and juggle multiple priorities within an entrepreneurial environment where meeting deadlines is expected and comfort with ambiguity is essential
- Commitment to closing the education achievement and opportunity gap
Together Education offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Together Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees
Assistant Director Of Education
Green Tree School & Services (GTSS) is a non-profit state licensed agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to children ages 5-21 with Autism Disorder and severe Emotional Disability at Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
This is a full time 12-month position responsible for supervising the daily operations of all programs under the direction of the Education Director.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide technical assistance, maintenance, training, and oversight of all instructional programs, resources and databases (including but not limited to IEP Writer, Quick Schools, Lexia, Dreambox, AIMSweb Plus)
- Update and maintain all Pennsylvania Department of Education associated databases (PIMS, TIMS, etc.).
- Organize and oversee all functions related to Pennsylvania State standardized testing (PASA, PSSA, Keystone).
- Manage the IEP process for the all students at Green Tree School. Including, but not limited to scheduling annual IEP and emergency IEP meetings, managing internal team members, parents, guardians and LEAs in accordance with the “Green Tree IEP Timeline” procedures.
- Initiate, monitor and comply with IEP / RR deadlines. Communicate annual, quarterly and monthly deadlines. Schedule pre-meetings, schedule and manage correspondence and invites for IEP meetings. Distribute drafts and finalized documents.
- Manage communication with parents and partnering LEAs. This will include mailing and tracking response from parents on PTREs, mailing and distribution of final re-evaluation reports to parents and LEAs, and managing correspondence from LEAs/District School Psychologists when they are scheduling and completing re-evaluations of students.
- Works in conjunction with Education Leadership Team to provide cohesive program implementation and communication across the entire department.
- Meets with staff, parents, and students as necessary to support the IEP team in the delivery of excellent service for reevaluation, IEP, transition planning, behavior intervention plans, and crisis plans.
- Assists teachers, in conjunction with students and their families, in identifying appropriate educational program/planning of special education.
- Works with data systems including collecting, analyzing, and verifying student information for federal, state, and local reporting.
- Develops, Plans, and Implements Professional Development including Teacher
- Performs other duties as requested/assigned by direct supervisor.
Induction program for all teachers within the Green Tree School, as appropriate.
- Master’s Degree with a PA Special Education teaching certificate or Supervisor of Special Education Certificate.
- Experience: Five (5) or more years of experience teaching and/or working in special education.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of federal and state laws governing special education.
- Proven knowledge of formal and informal assessment approaches that will guide viable planning documents (e.g., behavior intervention plans, IEPs, etc.) and demonstrate ability to transfer that skill to colleague teachers and staff.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with various business technologies, such as Word and Excel, and a proven ability to learn and effectively utilize position-specific technologies.
- Proven ability to work independently without constant direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills evidencing the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of constituents with a focus on solving conflict without blame and managing difficult or emotional parent/community situations judiciously.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders by evidencing cooperation, congeniality, and a dedication to quality service.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of confidentiality
Eligible Green Tree Employees will receive:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Discount Programs
- 401k options, and accrued time off.
For more information about Green Tree School & Services please visit our website: www.greentreeschool.org
Education Specialist - Part Time, State Certified
- Passion to educate and inspire children.
- Experienced in creating lesson plans with a proven ability to utilize multiple methods and using creative resources to engage children in enrichment activities.
- Positive attitude and pleasant demeanor.
- Excellent ability to communicate with children, parents, and all levels of staff.
- Understand issues surrounding incarceration and the impact on families.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects to meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, database software, and internet and social media applications.
- Create and deliver the daily curriculum, which encompasses the Dream Academy’s three core elements of student enrichment; skill-building, character-building, and dream-building.
- Conduct pre- and post-academic assessments using multimedia courseware tools and online curriculums.
- Assist Center Director with student recruitment initiatives (e.g., Learning Center special events, community, and school events).
- Effectively utilize youth development strategies to engage in positive behavioral management of students.
- Participate in and attend professional development as required.
- Support the Center Director in communications/outreach to school day teachers.
- Must be passionate about youth development; and support and work with youth in high risk communities and their families.
- Must have personal transportation with a valid and active/non-suspended driver’s license.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and be able to effectively communicate in a public forum, with a diverse population; and be able to effectively communicate with competence and passion about the mentor/volunteer program.
- Flexible and able to work the hours necessary to complete all assignments according to agreed upon timelines; and can demonstrate leadership ability when an assignment or deliverable needs to be renegotiated.
- Organized, efficient, and able to successfully function in a fast paced and demanding work environment supporting multiple key staff.
- Exceptional ability to write clearly, effectively, and informatively; demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
- Understand issues surrounding incarceration and the impact on families.
- Able to effectively manage competing demands, multiple tasks/projects, and meet deadlines on time and within budget.
- Ability to skillfully create and present PowerPoint presentations using MS Office applications, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Proficient in internet navigation and social networking technology.
- Proficient in data collection, data entry, and documentation.
- Possess critical thinking skills to analyze and proactively question and offer recommendations.
- Demonstrate professionalism, political savvy, and skills to ensure that all tasks and deliverables are completed in an efficient, timely, and high-quality manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education.
- Must be a State certified/licensed teacher with 3-4 years of teaching experience in a classroom setting.
- Must have experience working with children who live in at-risk communities.
- Our client offers competitive compensation and employee benefits to include medical, dental, vision, prescription, 403B, vacation leave, sick leave, holidays, and more.
- Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We conduct reference checks, background investigations, fingerprinting and/or skills testing; and maintains an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Thank you for considering career opportunities with us.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!