Director Fundraising Job Description Sample
Dynamic Development Director - Nonprofit Fundraising
Reach Out and Read of Greater New York is looking for a Development Director to join our small team!
Background of Reach Out and Read of Greater New York (ROR GNY) is a nonprofit organization that promotes early literacy and school readiness in pediatric exam rooms by giving new books to children and advice to parents about the importance of reading aloud. The program builds on the unique relationship between parents and medical providers to develop critical early reading skills in children, beginning at birth and ending at age 5. As a 501(c)3 regional affiliate of a national early literacy program, ROR GNY annually serves 275,000 children living in poverty at over 200 ROR GNY program locations. Our geographic reach includes all five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, and the Hudson Valley.
Overview of the Position: The Development Director, working closely with the Executive Director, will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a robust portfolio of strategic relationships with private and corporate foundations, corporate sponsors, individual donors, and government entities to build ongoing and sustainable support for Reach Out and Read’s activities in the Greater New York region. S/he will also have knowledge of national prospects as part of our fundraising collaboration with the National Reach Out and Read office in Boston. Core responsibilities include: prospect research, lead development, grant writing, and fostering institutional relationships that result in long-term support and commitments. ROR GNY seeks a Director who can be a strategic, savvy, and effective champion for the organization and its initiatives, identifying opportunities, building relationships, and establishing strong partnerships.
The Development Director will effectively leverage her/his own professional network, relationships with members of ROR GNY’s Board of Directors and Advisory Board, and her/his personal knowledge of the landscape of early literacy, education, and healthcare to manage a solicitation strategy that encompasses a range of funders, including private and family foundations, corporate philanthropies, government agencies, and individual donors. The Director will prepare innovative, compelling, and well-written grant proposals, as well as letters of solicitation and appeals that support an increase and diversification of funding. S/he will also be responsible for overseeing the annual appeal and other special solicitations throughout the year, including the solicitation of major gifts. Additionally, the Director will oversee the effective management of funder relationships, ensuring quality in service, reporting, and communication.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate: The successful candidate will have an exceptional talent for strategically conceptualizing and framing program ideas to a range of internal and external constituencies, quickly mastering the concepts and language surrounding a particular issue or challenge. S/he will have a proven record of successfully stewarding relationships and cultivating long-term investments from public and private sources, including individuals, foundations, government, and corporate donors. Superior oral and written communications skills and the ability to convey complex information in a clear and culturally appropriate way are essential. The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, team-oriented individual who possesses flexibility to work in a small, fast-paced office, coupled with a warm, engaging, and polished presentation style.
We are an organization that welcomes new perspectives and innovative means of getting things done. The ideal candidate will bring a sense of creativity and resourcefulness to the role, sharing her/his knowledge, expertise, and new ideas to help our organization grow and flourish.
Knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office and Google Docs, development office systems (specifically GiftWorks), web design software and online databases is essential. A minimum of eight years of direct fundraising and grant writing experience is required, along with a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred). A strong personal commitment to Reach Out and Read’s mission is a plus.
More information about ROR GNY may be found at www.reachoutandreadnyc.org. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered, please send the following: a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, resume (in Word format), and where you learned about the position.
Benefits: Competitive salary, medical, vision and dental insurance offered, as well as optional 403(b) retirement plan.
Reach Out and Read of Greater New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Senior Managing Director For Class Fundraising
Senior Managing Director for Class Fundraising Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link. Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job Please see Special Instructions for more details.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Director Of Corporate Fundraising
Join our highly collaborative and fun staff to help us magnify the impact of all nonprofit missions by strengthening and inspiring board leadership. BoardSource is the recognized leader in nonprofit board leadership and supports, trains, and educates nonprofit leaders from across the country and throughout the world. With nearly three decades of experience, BoardSource provides leaders with an extensive range of tools, resources, and research data to increase board effectiveness and strengthen organizational impact. It also serves as the national voice for inspired and effective board leadership. If you are passionate about the nonprofit sector, are experienced in corporate fundraising strategy and implementation, and want to work for an organization named one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times, our director of corporate fundraising could be the right role for you!
The director of corporate fundraising is responsible for growing and supporting BoardSource’s network of corporate relationships. A fundraising and sales position, the director of corporate fundraising will lead a two-person team (director and one direct report) focused on increasing revenues from corporations by expanding both the number and size of revenue-generating partnerships. This includes directly managing a portfolio of current and potential corporate partners and acting as an individual contributor in soliciting and closing corporate partnership agreements ranging from $10,000 entry-level partnerships to six-figure, multi-year partnerships.
In addition to managing a portfolio, the director of corporate fundraising will be responsible for designing and implementing a short- and long-term strategy to expand financial support from corporations, which includes broad positioning of BoardSource’s corporate partnerships, representing BoardSource and its corporate program at convenings and events, and managing the staff person and pipeline to achieve annual revenue goals.
BoardSource’s primary partnership vehicle with corporations is a corporate membership program, which provides access to educational resources to individuals serving on nonprofit boards. Through this membership, corporations are able to support all of their employees who serve on nonprofit boards or are interested in board service – an offering that is augmented by complementary advisory services and training seminars that are available on a fee-for-service basis. Beyond the membership program, BoardSource works to cultivate and secure corporate sponsorships, with the primary vehicles being its biennial conference (BoardSource Leadership Forum) and educational outreach to its growing network of more than 100,000 nonprofit decision makers.
The ideal candidate possesses at least four years of corporate fundraising experience; marketing, and/or corporate community relations sector experience with a demonstrated track record of success in identifying, cultivating, and closing revenue-generating corporate partnerships. Candidates must be goal-oriented to meeting and exceeding revenue targets and be able to motivate and manage employees in a collaborative environment. Additionally, candidates must possess a high degree of professionalism and excellent external representation and presentation skills, including stellar oral and written communications and relationship-building skills to be successful in this role. The individual in this role must have a genuine passion for the nonprofit sector and a basic understanding of the role of boards in leading and governing nonprofit organizations.
BoardSource offers a highly collaborative, collegial environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits. For more information about BoardSource, visit our website, www.boardsource.org. Please mail, e-mail, or fax your cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
Preferred: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
750 9th St, NW Suite 650
Washington, DC 20001-4793
Our Vision- BoardSource envisions a world where every social sector organization has the leadership it needs to fulfill its mission and advance the public good.
Our Mission- To inspire and support excellence in nonprofit governance and board and staff leadership.
Peer- To- Peer Fundraising Events Director - Jacksonville, FL
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Peer to Peer Fundraising Events Director will lead the development and execution of the peer to peer fundraising strategy. This position will promote fundraising projects, and provide oversight to the Fundraising Events team to meet overall department and organizational revenue goals. Essential Job Functions
Design and execute a peer to peer fundraising strategy
Provide leadership to the peer to peer events departments to ensure high performance, including selecting, developing, and managing a highly functional team
Develop relationships with corporate donors and outside organizations
Coordinate support and efforts from various WWP departments for all peer to peer fundraising events
Represent WWP and speak to business audiences, organizations, corporate executives, and donors
Develop, manage, and approve budget and departmental expenses
Generate revenue, maximize return on investment from peer to peer events
Work closely with internal and external teams to align peer to peer fundraising event goals, objectives, and specific implementation plans that promote the organization’s mission and brand
Build volunteer support for peer to peer events
Other related duties as assigned
Proven track record of exceeding fundraising goals
A strong leadership disposition – engaging, drive, positive, disciplined, confident, inquisitive, courageous, and strategic
Ability to analyze facts and integrate data in support of strategic growth and change
Strong presentation skills, including development of presentations and public speaking
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of meeting and event planning principles, requirements, procedures, and available resources
Exceptional organizational, planning, and tracking skills with superior attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
Outstanding interpersonal skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs, especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint
Ability to travel as needed in support of the mission and needs of the organization
Proven track record of success in building, leading, and managing a large internal team
Ability to lead and manage multiple outside vendors and committees
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of the degree
Minimum of five (5) years related experience with an emphasis on peer to peer fundraising events required
Minimum five (5) years staff management experience required Certifications & Licensure
NA *ca Posting Title (External): Peer- to- Peer Fundraising Events Director - Jacksonville, FL ID: 11174 External Company Name: Wounded Warrior Project, Inc. External Company URL: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Sr. Fundraising / Development Director - Birmingham, AL
Sr. Fundraising / Development Director - Birmingham, AL Tracking Code 8329-415 Job Description Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day? Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely. This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact. The
American Heart Association has an immediate opening for a Sr. Heart Walk Director
for our Birmingham, AL market. This position will be based out of our Birmingham, AL office and will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with AHA corporate partners and selling sponsorships for one of our key events, the annual Heart Walk. Will be accountable for an overall team goal of $875K
Setting and meeting aggressive fundraising goals.
Hiring, training and supervising staff.
Daily travel throughout designated territory.
Managing all levels of volunteers to achieve fundraising goals with an emphasis on the "C" Suite
Developing comprehensive fundraising plans with executive level volunteers and implementing them to ensure the success of a company’s Heart Walk goal through best practice strategies.
Identify creative ways to motivate and interact with Heart Walk Team Captains and Walkers to ensure retention year over year for Heart Walk.
Maintain consistent communication with all levels of volunteers to drive fundraising efforts.
Cultivating and coaching volunteer executive leadership committee members to achieve fundraising goals including working with executive level volunteers to recruit new companies to the Heart Walk
Securing and managing high dollar corporate sponsorships
Ability to keep a large group of customers on track and motivated to reach goals
Expected to meet monthly fundraising goals and recruitment targets
Cross selling other fundraising campaigns in coordination with others
Maintaining an ongoing pipeline of potential sponsors and donors
Adherence to best practices and event timelines is required Successful candidates will ideally have a background in volunteer management, face to face sales or fundraising as well as exceptional networking skills.
You will be expected to meet monthly and quarterly sponsorship dollar pipeline goals in order to achieve your fundraising goal. Adherence to best practices and event timelines is required. Required Experience
Bachelor's degree and minimum 3 years’ experience in management of special events fundraising or sales.
Ability to close face to face sales and sponsorships.
Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills, demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to business and social leaders.
Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills.
Demonstrated professional and mature interaction with other staff and leadership volunteers, sponsors, donors and others to engage them toward the achievement of event goals.
Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Willingness and ability to travel throughout the affiliate and to the national center and work evenings and weekends as needed. Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do. Candidates must apply on-line as the AHA's recruitment process does not include the utilization of faxed or hard copy resumes. To apply: Go to www.heart.org at http://www.heart.org/ to view this and other current openings. Specific benefits include:
Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
Twelve paid holidays
Paid time off
Flexible spending accounts
Life insurance plan
Start! Fit-Friendly environment. The American Heart Association will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, marital status or based on political or religious opinions or affiliations, membership or non-membership in employee organizations. #LI-KB! Job Location Birmingham, Alabama, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Job Category: Fundraising/Sales EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Fundraising Professional – Join An Elite Team In Nonprofit Fundraising
The Position: We’re looking for a bright, organized, and energetic individual to develop and implement strategic fundraising strategies.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in administration, public relations, communications, or related field
· 4 years fundraising experience
· Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple tasks in a collaborative setting
· 2 years experience in a non-profit setting
· Advanced computer skills
· Proficient with Raiser’s Edge or similar database applications
We are a growing faith-based nonprofit with offices in Downtown St. Louis, St. Charles County, and North County that offers a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and competitive compensation packages.
Associate Director, Digital Fundraising
The Rutgers University Foundation (RUF) seeks a creative, innovative and tech-saavy Associate Director, Digital Fundraising (herein AD) to join the Annual Giving team at a time of increased investment in the digital aspect of the team’s work. Reporting to the Senior Director of Annual Giving, this AD will manage all activities related to digital fundraising efforts in support of building a culture of philanthropy from alumni, parents, and friends of Rutgers University New Brunswick, Camden and Newark.
The AD will strategize, coordinate, implement, and evaluate comprehensive email campaigns to contribute to the RUF annual giving goals of increasing engagement and philanthropic support, as well as work across annual giving teams to coordinate and implement various digital platforms for multi-channel engagement, such as including informing tactics for Rutgers Giving Day. S/he will work collaboratively with the central Foundation communications department to inform and support social media and web strategies in conjunction with the goals of the annual giving digital strategy. This person will play a key role in the shift to utilize digital components in annual giving in order to align with the industry trend that identifies the digital as the future.
The ideal candidate will have three to five years of digital marketing and/or fundraising experience. S/he will have demonstrated experience in creating and deploying digital campaigns, knowledge of digital engagement best practices is critical, ideally in higher education or other non-profit organizations. The AD should have strong analytical and marketing skills, as well as an ability to interpret complex data to inform strategy and decision making.
S/he will have a strong track record of learning new systems quickly and effectively, preferably with technical skills in HTML, Microsoft Office, and Marketo or other marketing automation platforms. The AD will have strong collaboration and communication skills to work closely with the rest of the Annual Giving team, as well as partners across the Foundation. In order to ensure success, s/he will have strong organizational and time management skills; and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with careful attention to detail.
Rutgers University Foundation Created in 1973, the Rutgers University Foundation advances Rutgers' pursuit of excellence in education, research, and public service. The Foundation provides the bridge between donors and the schools, programs, faculty, and students that make up the University. The Foundation helps to match caring people with satisfying and meaningful opportunities to make gifts that have an impact on Rutgers.
Founded in 1766, Rutgers is the eighth oldest institution of higher education in the nation. Today, Rutgers, a member of the Association of American Universities, is New Jersey's premier public research institution and flagship state university. More than 100 majors offer students vast opportunities.
On July 1, 2014, Rutgers University joined The Big Ten Conference of world-class universities whose member institutions share a common mission of research, graduate, professional and undergraduate teaching and public service. The Foundation is a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt organization with the sole mission of supporting Rutgers University. The organization includes the areas of Alumni Relations, Development and related Communications.
Lead by Foundation President Nevin Kessler and his senior cabinet – the Executive Leadership Group (ELG) – the Foundation successfully completed a $1 billion campaign in 2014 and is preparing for another multi-billion dollar campaign in the near future. Associate Director of Digital Fundraising: Duties and
Email Campaign Management: Strategize, coordinate, and implement comprehensive email campaigns to contribute to the RUF annual giving goals of increasing engagement and philanthropic support.
Manage email strategy in Marketo, including deploying regular and one-off email communications targeted to key audiences and creating marketing automation journeys for alumni and donors. Develop opportunities to AB test emails, executes and evaluates test, utilize results to inform strategy and create dynamic email campaigns resulting in increased effectives.
Giving Platforms and Digital Marketing: Coordinate and implement various digital platforms to support annual giving multi-channel engagement and solicitation.
Inform strategy and execute digital fundraising tactics associated with promotional days, such as Giving Tuesday and Rutgers Giving Day, including technical expertise for fundraising platforms. Provide technical expertise and support for fundraising platforms and engagement opportunities such as crowdfunding, Scarlet Voice (online ambassadors) and peer-to-peer. Develop and execute paid online advertisement campaigns.
Evaluation & Measurement: Evaluate digital annual giving performance and tools.
Work closely with Senior Director to set performance benchmarks and targets across all digital fundraising channels, and develop and distribute monthly and quarterly reports to analyze and evaluate campaigns. Identify opportunities for applying new technologies, digital products and services for RUF Annual Giving
Cross-Foundation Collaboration: Collaborate with central RUF communications on forward facing social and web strategies.
Work in collaboration with central RUF communications team, inform and support social media strategies and execution, and play a role in developing a seamless online giving experience. Monitor and ensure adherence to design, brand, and message standards of all digital communications
Other duties as required or assigned by the Senior Director. Qualities of the Ideal Candidate: The AD can be expected to have the following personal characteristics and professional qualifications:
Three to five years of digital marketing and/or fundraising experience. S/he will have demonstrated experience in creating and deploying digital campaigns, knowledge of digital engagement best practices is critical, ideally in higher education or other non-profit organizations. Demonstrated understanding of annual fund strategies (direct mail, telemarketing, e-philanthropy), constituencies, methods, metrics, and best practices is ideal.
Strong analytical and marketing skills, as well as an ability to interpret complex data to inform strategy and decision making. Experience in HTML, Microsoft Office, and Marketo or other marketing automation platforms is strongly preferred.
Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills, with a superior sense of customer service, team-oriented collaboration and consistent professionalism. Ability to work effectively within a team environment (independently and collaboratively). Self-motivation and flexibility required in successful candidate.
Must be able to work with a varied constituency and handle time pressures during peak periods while managing multiple projects. External Company URL: www.support.rutgers.edu
Manager Of Digital Fundraising
The Manager of Digital Fundraising will manage and support the social media and web fundraising initiatives of the Tom Joyner Foundation and designated partners.
Position will be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing campaigns and processes to raise funds for the Tom Joyner Foundation and its established programs. Additionally, the position’s responsibilities include strategizing, enhancing, and assistance with the Tom Joyner Foundation’s communication through social media, electronic communication, TomJoynerFoundation.org, and other internet websites.
- Develop and execute new methods and strategies for online fundraising opportunities.
- Develop, implement, and execute successful strategies to convert Followers of the Tom Joyner Foundation’s social media properties into one-time and/or recurring Tom Joyner Foundation donors.
- Develop and implement fundraising campaigns for the programs and overall sustainability of the Tom Joyner Foundation.
- Integrate stories and messaging across multiple online platforms, including (but not limited to) Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Integrate and leverage messaging with other Tom Joyner social media platforms.
- Research, develop and write fundraising appeals.
- Work with Foundation HBCU college support team and HBCUs to develop campaigns.
- Work with and assist the Director of Digital Strategy to expand online community using all platforms.
- Maintain correspondence with current and potential donors on a regular basis.
- Develop strategies to identify and cultivate potential donors on a regular basis.
- Research and identify new and/or additional social media platforms for the Foundation to engage in.
- Assist with management of contact databases.
- Maintain up-to-date general knowledge of the social media trends, practices, and popular platforms among HBCU alumni and students.
- Maintain up-to-date general knowledge of the social media trends, practices, and popular platforms among non-profits, including but not limited to 501c3 entities.
- Act as a liaison, when needed, between the Foundation, HBCUs, and REACH Media to cultivate synergies, projects, and partnerships.
- Provide assistance on the Fantastic Voyage cruise in support Foundation events and partnerships when needed.
- Arranging for the filming and editing of TJF promotional videos.
- Coordinate with other departments of the Foundation as needed.
Requirements and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Non-profit Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience in online fundraising.
- Strong knowledge of internet and social media opportunities to enhance the Foundation’s fundraising efforts.
- Strong knowledge of using databases and database marketing techniques.
- Advanced social media proficiency
- Strong knowledge of the Tom Joyner Foundation.
- Knowledge of the 501c3 structure.
- Strong familiarity of HBCU’s in general.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
- Proven track record with maintaining and enhancing donor base for the total benefit of the Foundation while understanding the branding of Tom Joyner.
- Comprehensive computer knowledge and ability to efficiently use Microsoft Word, Microsoft Works, Excel, Power Point, and other tools necessary to make the Tom Joyner Foundation an efficient and professional operation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and take on special projects.
- Solid project management skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and flexible.
- Must be a quick learner, problem solver, an independent worker and the ability to prioritize workload(s).
- Must be a team player
Fundraising Sales Executive
Are you a dynamic individual with a desire to join a dedicated, successful and positive team environment that offers top-level service to clients? Do you have the patience and perseverance to create outstanding experiences while being a team player every step of the way? Are you passionate about making a difference in the world through partnerships with local and international nonprofits? Join us at Gabriel Group!
Gabriel Group is an industry leader in developing integrated marketing campaigns that simply and accurately communicate the right message at the right time. We specialize in strategy development, creative services, data analysis and production in order to create and manage successfully innovative direct mail programs, digital campaigns and Internet based order fulfillment services for our partners around the world.
We thrive on the passion of our people, and we want you to be one of them. We will consider a satellite home office for the right candidate. As a Fundraising Sales Executive . . .
- Have the opportunity to serve the social good sector by helping multiple organizations achieve their goals.
- Use your nonprofit fundraising experience and knowledge to strategically leverage conversations with these organizations, looking for ways to partner with them and contribute to their mission’s success.
- Drive the entire sales cycle including identifying potential clients, determining prospect’s needs, negotiating and closing.
- Generate new business by conducting market analysis and prospecting.
- Act as a “solutions expert” consultant by helping partners with their unique fundraising issues and strategic initiatives.
You must have:
- A demonstrated track record meeting and exceeding fundraising goals and/or success in raising money through development fundraising marketing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver powerful presentations.
- A results-oriented mindset and strong attention to follow-through.
- The ability and willingness to work flexibly in a fast-paced, fast-growing, dynamic, nonprofit environment.
- The ability to analyze data.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 5 years tenure in fundraising (i.e. Major Gift Officer, Development Director or a nonprofit Executive–level position).
- Experience in managing a portfolio of sales/donor prospects.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
- A willingness to be accountable to projections and goals.
- The ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
You might have:
- Current or prior sales experience.
- Experience working with a creative team.
- CFRE Certification.
You will receive:
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, flexible spending, short and long term disability and life insurance.
- Ongoing opportunities for development and career advancement based on merit.
- Comprehensive training programs.
- The chance to contribute to the Gabriel Group culture.
- The opportunity to work in a creative, comfortable, progressive and fun environment.
Gabriel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to programs that promote safety in the workplace. Drug testing is required prior to employment and may be requested subsequently.
For more information about Gabriel Group and what we do, please visit our website: www.gabrielgroup.com. To be considered for this position, please send your resume detailing experience and education.
Community Fundraising Officer
BeCause Community Fundraising
Because is a community of friends and supporters who fundraise for the hospital by organizing and participating in events, social gatherings and online campaigns.
The BeCause Community Fundraising Officer is a temporary position that serves as be the primary contact for 200+ event and campaign fundraisers, reporting to the Associate Director of Special Events and working in collaboration with all divisions within the Development Office.
- Register events and campaigns on the BeCause online platform and add them to internal and external calendars
- Manage the Community Fundraising email account and provide timely response to inquiries
- Provide tools and resources to fundraisers, such as toolkits, communications templates, and fundraising best practices
- Correspond with volunteers and keep all program materials updated
- Assist with processing program expenses and budget tracking
- Submit requests to internal programs, such as event and appeal codes, online pages and platforms, etc.
- Work with Integrated Marketing and Communications to promote events on Mass General social media: Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Collaborate with all departments in the Development Office, including gift officers, throughout the campaign process
- Process gifts and provide acknowledgment tax receipts
- Schedule and take notes for community fundraising team meetings
- Provide thoughtful and proper post campaign follow up, including scheduling check presentations and acknowledgments
- Support Special Events colleagues on all aspects of various events
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong commitment to quality work and customer service, including excellent attention to detail, organizational and follow-through skills.
- Commitment to adopting best practices and operational efficiency and the ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Creativity and excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and web applications
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or similar fundraising software is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize and take initiative
- Sense of urgency and ability to work under strict deadlines
- Management aptitude and excellent communications skills are essential.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- 30 – 40 hours a week
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!