Director Television Job Description Sample
Director Of Operations - Hotel Television Systems
Smart Hospitality provides a revolutionary guestroom technology experience, which allows hotel guests to watch what they want, when they want it, just like they do at home.
We are seeking a highly organized and professional Director of Operations to manage all aspects of our support and installation team as we continue our growth.
To create and maintain happy customers by overseeing, managing and participating in all aspects of installation and support of interactive TV, satellite television and high-speed Internet systems for hotels.
You have a rare opportunity to join our small and growing company with a well-established customer base. We need your technical and leadership skills to raise our support and installation organization to the next level as we expand. This is a very hands-on, high visibility position. If you demonstrate just the right combination of technical skills, leadership talent, business sense and energy, you may eventually have an executive-level opportunity with our company.
- Manage, oversee and participate in installation of video-on-demand, IPTV, satellite TV and high-speed Internet systems in hotels
- Manage, oversee and participate in all aspects of customer support
- Handle or assign incoming support calls and assist support team with troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Schedule on-site customer support for in-house technicians and contractors
- Ensure that all support issues are fully resolved, to the customer’s complete satisfaction, as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Perform pre-installation Site Surveys at hotels to determine current condition of MATV plant and IP network, and recommend necessary improvements in detailed written reports
- Prepare new cable TV (hotel MATV) designs and redesign existing plants for improved performance
- Improve and document installation and support procedures to increase customer satisfaction and control costs
- Procure, organize and maintain spare parts inventory
- Establish and maintain sub-contractor relationships
- Negotiate pricing with contractors and vendors
- Recruit, hire and train additional support team members as needed
- Participate in 24-hour on-call support rotation
- Act as company’s goodwill ambassador to our customers
- Communicate with vendors to understand product functionality and support issues
- Review installation status and open support issues on a regular basis with executive management
- Participate occasionally as a technical expert in pre-sales meetings with potential customers
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- Above average problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language
- Proven supervisory and leadership ability
- Extensive RF cable (CATV, MATV, SMATV) design, installation, and maintenance experience
- Ability to use and interpret readings from RF Signal Level Meter, Spectrum Analyzer, DVM
- Ability to properly balance RF Modulators and Broadband Amplifiers in hotel MATV systems for optimum performance and reliability
- Basic electronics troubleshooting skills
- Satellite TV installation experience (DIRECTV DRE and COM2000 preferred)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, WiFi configuration and functionality
- College education in business, electronics or related technical field
- Ability to travel to customer sites anywhere from 25% to 75% of the time
- Ability to occasionally work weekends and/or holidays to complete installations or perform emergency customer support
- Ability to occasionally lift and move items weighing up to 60 pounds
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
• Company paid health insurance
• Retirement savings plan
• Vacation and sick pay
• Company paid cell phone
Director Of Product Design - Television & Web
The Netflix Design team is searching for a Director of Product Design for our Television & Web team. This role would focus on the quality, leadership, leverage and results of our global initiative to reshape how our members enjoy Netflix's content on tablets, the web and television.
The person we are looking for should possess deep knowledge, and be known for: Leading large scale media or communications projects, with a proven track record for measurable results. A strong bias towards unconventional and creative thinking which translates into an actionable vision.
Working closely with Engineering teams to develop scalable, quality experiences for both high and low bandwidth members. A bit about our team: Our user centered design team is responsible for the entirety of the Netflix experience, from the development and curation of the visual merchandising and box art (that our Product Creative team in Hollywood produces and tests) to the rich interaction, visual and motion design (that our Experience Design team in Los Gatos innovates and tests). If you see it, swipe it, scroll it and can play with it, we had something to do with it.
We pride ourselves on a strong culture of creativity, accountability and experimentation. This means we are focused on doing, not talking, asking, not assuming and providing our Designers, Specialists and Producers with the autonomy and respect they require to develop and test creative solutions for over 100 million subscribers around the world. What is a Director of Design at Netflix?
The role of Director on our team may be a bit different from other companies, as we expect our leaders to optimize for being a Coach rather than a Manager, and challenge those around them through context and collaboration. Our Directors are measured by how well they hire teams rich in diverse perspectives, take educated risks to make quality decisions, based on members' needs, and by their natural curiosity around our business, technology and future. SDL2017
Broadcast Television Director
The Broadcast Television Director will work with the staff in the control room and the engineering staff before, during and after productions. Work will be performed in a fast-paced environment for TBN’s live event productions and additional programs or events, as assigned. The Director must prepare carefully in order to provide crew members with accurate instructions and directions. The Broadcast Television Director will be responsible for preparing and switching video elements during live and pre-recorded productions while ensuring all content meets TBN’s high standards of quality.
- Proficient operation of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to Technical Directing functions (e.g. operating video switchers, implementing sources, creating displays, interfacing with external devices, creating user and suite preferences).
- Building and maintaining effects for various productions, providing associated communication and documentation to the entire Technical Directing team.
- Demonstrating solid knowledge of plant signal flow/routing.
- Measuring video signals to ensure quality control of TBN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods.
- Performing proficiently under strict timelines and/or live conditions.
- Understanding complex information and disseminating it to proper personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of specific workflows for identifying and resolving operational errors and equipment failure.
- Expected to file reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions, equipment status, and personal development at the request of management.
- Prioritizing and disseminating information among the entire control room crew to ensure seamless productions.
- Participating special event coverage and projects as necessary.
- May train others in operational areas and if so, required to generate training documentation.
- Participation in required administrative tasks including, but not limited to, the effective utilization of all TBN software based applications (such as time entry, travel and expense filing,) and daily shift reporting.
- Embrace company initiatives including town and/or departmental meetings, upward feedback, performance management applications and employee surveys. Encourage others to do the same.
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting and effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
- Seeking out information in regards to the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production and Operations, while utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
- Supporting TBN Domestic stations and networks, as well as all TBN International networks.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and participate in simultaneous projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
- Ability to work as a part of a team dynamic.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) and strong communication skills.
- Minimum of 4 years practical TV Production or related experience in a large market, network level or complex broadcasting environment.
- Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to: Video production switchers, server-based recording/playback systems and related control devices, TV Production routers, intercom systems, signal conversion equipment, etc.
- Experience in a complex live production control room environment.
- Familiarity with production control room automation systems. Candidates must have a strong computer background (Outlook, ENPS (or equivalent), Word, Excel, etc...) including experience with computer network signal flow.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical School degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field.
In the U.S. TBN's family of networks is available to 98 percent of television households, and globally TBN reaches an estimated two billion potential viewers each day!
And as for programming, TBN has an unmatched tradition for airing the very best in faith and family-friendly content for every age group. Anchored by TBN's flagship ministry and talk show Praise, TBN's innovative programming lineup includes: ministry programs featuring the world's most respected pastors, Bible teachers, and Christian leaders; exclusive news, current events, and documentary programs; award-winning content for children, teens, and young adults; wholesome movies the whole family will enjoy; and exclusive specials like the GMA Dove Awards and Hillsong worship conferences from around the world.
TBN is also a leader in using cutting-edge technology to reach more viewers around the world with programming that entertains, inspires, and changes lives through God's message of hope and grace. From its online archive giving viewers access to tens of thousands of life-impacting programs, to its mobile app that brings more than a dozen global TBN networks to smart phones, iPads, and tablets anywhere in the world, TBN continues to be the standard bearer for faith-and-family broadcasting across the earth.
Tristar Television Development Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Spring 2018
TriStar Television Development Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Spring 2018
OVERVIEW: Our team sees projects through the entire development process from a pitch to a fully-written script through casting and attaching a director into production of a pilot to, in success, a series on air. Interns will gain experience in reading and analyzing incoming material for TriStar Television. They will be exposed to writers, directors and producers throughout the creative process. Interns may be able to join table reads, casting sessions, pitch meetings, general development meetings and will work closely with the entire team.
Rolling calls – this is very specific way to do this for the creative community
Reading and analyzing incoming material as well as scripts our team is developing.
Compiling research on properties for possible option.
Learning to write coverage on scripts.
Note-taking on calls – exposure & experience in understanding “what’s” important
Scheduling meetings with key leaders and producers in the creative & production industries – this assists in the development of the key players and stakeholders in the industry.
Updating status reports for all series
In addition to this, the interns will get exposure to some of the critical meetings – development meetings, production meetings etc and the issues discussed there.
Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
Interest in entertainment marketing, television, and movies
Good eye for creative
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
An ambitious, pro-active personality.
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS: The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Spring internship is from Tuesday, January 9th or Wednesday, January 17th through May 4, 2018. All candidates must be able to work 10-29 hours a week with respect to their school schedule and be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship. *Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
Entertainment Paralegal - Film & Television - Boutique Law Firm
Are you a Paralegal with a wealth of experience working within the entertainment world - ideally Film/TV focused? Can you work well independently in a very busy boutique law firm setting? A well-regarded entertainment law firm is seeking it's next contract creating, agreement producing superstar!
As the newest member in the Film and Television department your role as Entertainment Paralegal will comprise the following:
- Draft, review, negotiate agreements for all above-the-line individuals (actors, writers, directors, producers); televisions pilot/series agreements, personal appearance agreements, general releases/quit claims, demand letters, agency side letters
- Draft all forms of agreements for film/tv deals including rights agreements for theatrical and TV deals
- Significant interaction with clients, clients’ representatives (i.e. agents, managers, business managers); studios and television network legal/business affairs
- Prepare union signatory applications and other recordable documents; review E & O applications; familiarity with trademark registrations
- Extensive knowledge of SAG, DGA, WGA and AFTRA union agreements
- Chain of title documents
- Coordinate with MPAA regarding title clearance
Sounds like something you can do with your eyes closed? Great! Because this role requires someone who can hit the ground running (this is where your knowledge of drafting agreements and contracts for film and television helps tremendously). This is an exciting position to deal with high profile attorneys, executives and an A-list roster of entertainment clients!
If you fit the description for this Entertainment Paralegal position we would love to hear from you, APPLY TODAY!
Marketing / Sales / Television Production
TV Production Company is looking for an energetic and talented marketing representative for it's award-winning television series. This is a high level sales and marketing position for a success-oriented individual, who is professional and looking for a career in the television industry (no previous television experience required). The position consists of supervising your own program topics in order to secure content and underwriting for educational documentaries.
Phone experience is a key factor in this position. Individuals should be confident and capable of closing media contracts, exceptional communicators, and eager to work in the television industry. This is a salary based position with commission, and the combined salary and commission compensation ranges from $60,000 to $190,000 for the first year.
Being part of the team means that you should expect to function in a high-energy and exciting work atmosphere, and will also be engaged in brainstorming and analyzing storylines and topics for our series.
Team members must be creative and research savvy, have strong communication skills and the ability to close contracts with potential clients. The position requires no travel.
Potential candidates must have the following experience:
• At least 2 years of experience in a sales or sales related positions.
• Confidence on the phone with strong communication skills.
• Candidates must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Currently hiring for FULL TIME only.
- This position earns an average of $60,000 to $190,000 per year.
- Base salary plus commission structure.
- Paid training program.
- No draw against commissions.
- Opportunity for advancement.
Sales, Inside Sales, Television, TV Producer, Marketing, Sales Associate, Phone Sales, TV Sales, Media Sales, Media Marketing,
Position suggested to: stockbrokers, former broker, experienced sales associates, telephone sales, call center, video sales, telemarketing, commodities brokers, tv producer, sales, marketing
Kfox Television Account Executive
KFOX Television Account Executive Tracking Code 7673 Job Description Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team! KFOX TV is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Sales Account Executive who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, along with a drive to succeed. Most importantly - we are looking for a hard-working salespeople who want to have FUN at work, make money, and help local businesses grow. Responsibilities will include:
Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by reaching out to local businesses and other advertisers
Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating TV, online and digital mediums
Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
Retain current business and develop new business contacts
Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions and service
Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated traits
Ability to overcome objections
Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
Professional appearance a must Our Account Executives are some of the highest commissioned sales people in the industry. If you are interested in selling some of the best media in the industry, we want to hear from you! Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace! Required Experience Job Location El Paso, Texas, United States Company Location HR.KFOX.El Paso.El Paso.TX Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Aaron's has a long legacy as an industry leader, with continued growth regardless of the economy. In business since 1955, we have grown to over 2,000 stores across North America built on a foundation of excellence, customer focus, quality products and services.
Personally and professionally, we hold ourselves to high standards and an unwavering commitment to do what's right; treating every individual with respect, compassion and integrity. We are highly invested in the communities we serve through our community outreach programs, donating time, products and services locally and nationally.
As a potential Aaron's Associate, you'll share our purpose and passion for making a real difference in the lives of others and the rewards that come from creating strong personal connections for life. You'll be a contributing team member in an environment that embraces challenge and has a strong drive to achieve.
We like to set the bar high, roll up our sleeves and work together to out-perform the competition. You'll have an opportunity to work in an environment which prides itself on recognizing and rewarding top performers.
To perform accurate diagnoses and repair of consumer televisions in the Service Center. Properly complete all necessary service orders / paperwork associated with the repair.
Calculate estimates on all non-warranty repairs. Research product, part information and determine warranty status.
Technical Supervisor or General Manager
Knowledge of Mitsubishi, Philips, JVC, LG electronics, Sylvania, Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony TV's
Experienced in trouble shooting to component level
Ability to read schematics, research part and product information
Basic PC skills with the ability to navigate service software and vendor websites
Ability to determine warranty vs non-warranty repairs
Ensures accurate documentation of model and serial numbers
Maintain a safe clean work environment
Performs repairs in accordance with manufacturer specs and in a timely efficient manner
As a Television Technician at Aaron's, you will have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Bonus & commission opportunities
Sundays always off!
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Employee Purchase Discounts
Top Achiever Awards
All must pass a drug screen and criminal background investigation before beginning employment. A job performance reference check is also required.
Aaron's is an Equal Opportunity Employer SDL2017
Associate Television Producer
Associate Television Producer
Are you a skilled Associate Television Producer with a passion for story telling? Do you enjoy working in a diversified, fast pace environment where you establish production schedules, create short & long direct response forms, manage the full cycle TV guest experience, coordinate global field shots, manage media related issues and work with TV editors to ensure they have everything they need?
If the answer is yes, then this Associate Television Producer role might be the position you have been searching for!
As the Associate Television Producer, you will play a key role in positively making a difference in the lives of people across the Globe. You will achieve this by using your technical TV Production gifts to further the message of Jesus to all the nations. As the Ministry Associate Producer, you will impact people throughout the World through a well-recognized weekly CBN TV Show, special TV events, International Christian Festivals and other well recognized media platforms.
This unique Ministry Associate Producer role is not meant for the masses but rather a particular person who desires to use their gift of storytelling to touch the lives of the 500,000+ Christian following.
AS THE MINISTRY ASSOCIATE PRODUCER, A TYPICAL DAY/WEEK WILL INCLUDE:
- Enticing a 500,000+ Christian audience to come out to a live tapping of the show and then coordinate their attendance and accommodations.
- Generating Short-form and long-form direct response offers and infomercials.
- Pre-Interview, Rehearse and Prepare all TV show guests
- Gather all elements and props needed to produce the show
- Coordinate Field Shoots
- Manage all media related issues
- Identify viral and pre-trending content and turn it around to reach our Christian audience
- Collaborate with the video editing staff to ensure they have the tools and resources necessary to deliver a remarkable show on time, every time.
MINISTRY ASSOCIATE PRODUCER MUST HAVES:
- Strong Christian values
- Profession that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior.
- Demonstrate a living and mature Christ-centered, Christian, life-style.
- Willingness to be involved in Christian spiritual development activities (Daily devotionals, prayer and weekly company church services).
- Degree in broadcast journalism or a related field will receive first priority.
- 3+ years of television, media, or similar associate producer experience
- Strong video editing awareness and capability
- Highly developed relationship building skills are a must
- Experience preparing and coordinating television guest's logistics
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
- Ability to work at the media tapping facility in Phoenix, Arizona Monday Friday 9:00am 5:00pm
THE MINISRY IS OFFERING:
- A competitive (non-profit) salary between $42,000 - $48,000/year plus a full benefits package, including: Health and dental insurance, employer paid short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, a 403(b) and unique spiritual benefits
- Unique spiritual benefits including being a part of a community of other Christian believers.
- A rewarding position where your skills are utilized to further the "Great Commission"
APPLY DIRECT: https://steelecareers.applicantpro.com/jobs/
How do we differ from other executive firms?
Steele Executive Careers provides fully customizable executive profile that offers the most comprehensive and reliable selection of online assessments available. Developed by our team of experienced psychologists and programmers, our assessments utilize Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) technologies to deliver precise scoring and in depth analysis instantaneously in a user-friendly environment that both the employer and employee participates in.
SVP Television Division
We are currently seeking to hire an SVP Sales Television Division to join our team! You will be responsible for overseeing and developing a sales team to drive company revenue.
- Oversee and coordinate the sales team activities
- Establish sales territories, quotas, and goals for the sales team
- Analyze sales statistics to identify areas of improvement
- Track results and trends regularly for business forecasting
- Report on team and individual performance
- Develop and execute innovative sales strategies
- Build and form new partnerships with potential clients
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or related field
- Experience as a supervisor or manager
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to build rapport with clients
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!