Dispatcher Concrete Products Job Description Sample
Quality Assurance For Concrete Products
we are seeking qualified individuals for a quality assurance position with concrete products.
the applicant should be able to read a ruler as measurements are part of the position.
lifting up to 35/40 lbs., will be painting ID #'s on box's. Previous inspection/quality experience is requires.
steel toed boots.
Looking for a great attitude with strong work history.
The Agency, Inc., 2020 New Garden Road Suite D, Greensboro , NC 27410
If you have any questions please call : 336-272-8847
Please bring two forms of government ID, we interview, drug test on site and run your background,
The Agency, Inc.
We believe that success is dependent upon fulfilling the needs for people including those of the community, our clients, employees, and staff through the successful management of people. This philosophy and our commitment to unlimited service facilitates productive businesses and employees
Ready-Mix Dispatcher - Campbell Concrete
5438BR Line Of Business: RMC (Ready-Mix Concrete)
Primary Location: Katy-TX
The Company and the Role: Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products. Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, a global leader in aggregates, cement, concrete, and other downstream activities. The Group employs over 60,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries. Campbell Concrete & Materials (Lehigh Hanson) is seeking a qualified Ready-Mix Dispatcher to support our operation team in Houston, TX location. The Dispatcher will manage the flow of scheduled orders and trucking logistics for a shipping area within a central dispatch environment for a ready mix concrete company. The Dispatcher will be responsible for the dispatching needs of roughly 4-6 concrete plants; roughly 60 drivers total. Campbell Concrete & Materials operates 23 ready mixed concrete plants throughout the greater Houston area. With more than 200 mixer trucks and nearly 400 dedicated employees, Campbell has provided a quality ready mix product for over 50 years. Currently, as part of Lehigh Hanson, Inc., one of the largest construction materials companies in North America, Campbell has access to the most knowledgeable experts in the industry. Campbell Concrete & Materials can provide a wide range of ready mixed concrete products to meet the requirements for all commercial, industrial, paving, residential projects, and DIY projects. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled What you’ll get to do:
The efficient movement of trucks between assigned plants within a shipping area while effectively communicating with other dispatchers in order to meet the needs of an entire market area.
Maintaining the proper resources to manage customer demand.
Review orders in the system for proper mix design, travel times, VAP needs, and correct job start times, and job or customer specific needs.
Communicates effectively with customers to provide up to date information in regard to the company’s ability to meet expected delivery times.
Communicate in an effective manner with all plant and operations personnel to ensure that the assigned shipping area has the proper resources, personnel, and trucks available to provide superior customer service.
The Dispatcher is a fully experienced individual who understands the value of planning and processes and takes a disciplined approach to execution.
Abides by all company policies and procedures in regards to the handling of drivers and equipment.
Meeting customer demands through applied dispatching techniques that also fit within the guidelines of Federal Hours of Service Regulations.
Represent the company as our liaison between customers and operations personnel.
Scheduling future orders in the absence of the Scheduler.
Health & Safety issues addressed.
Managing driver hours to comply with Federal Hours of Service requirements.
Assets Fully Utilized, yard per man-hour efficiencies.
Fills in as needed to cover any other position with the department.
Demonstrated customer service excellence.
Dimension + 5-10 Ready Mix plants.
Who we are looking for: + 5 years’ experience in a ready mix dispatch environment.
Ability to work fluctuating hours in accordance with customer needs.
Rotating Saturdays as required by business needs.
Post-secondary education preferred but not required.
Excellent communication skills.
Familiarity with Command Series dispatching software
Benefits & Compensation: We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process. No search firms please. IND123 #L1-JR1
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Concrete Batch Plant Operator / Dispatcher - Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Sandpoint
Concrete Batch Plant Operator / Dispatcher - Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Sandpoint Location: Sandpoint, ID, US, 83864 Company: Interstate Concrete and Asphalt North Job ID: [] Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a member of the Oldcastle Materials Northwest Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation. Position Title: Concrete Batch Plant Operator / Dispatcher Pipeline Level: Self Reports To: Plant Superintendent FLSA Status: Nonexempt Direct Reports: None Department/Division: Construction/Sandpoint Prepared Date: 03/15/2017 Requisition #: 116366 Position Overview Coordinate all concrete batching. Responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of all batch plant operations. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Maintain batch plant operations to ensure timely delivery of concrete
Verify specific concrete on incoming tickets and enter correct mix design into computer.
Monitor gauges, dials and operation of machinery to ensure conformance to processing specifications.
Coordinate batching and loading of all concrete leaving plant. Check concretes slump to ensure proper specifications.
Communicate and receive directions from dispatch, drivers, operators and customers by radio/phone.
Receive and schedule concrete orders for timely and efficient delivery. Assist customers in determining proper product require; quote prices as needed.
Dispatch trucks based on load size, truck and driver capabilities and jobsite conditions.
Communicate regularly with internal and external customers regarding scheduling and job status.
Diagnose and repair batch plant equipment. Coordinate equipment and personnel for larger repairs.
Service and grease batch plant parts, i.e. change belts, chip mixer, and maintain cleanliness of plant.
Carry and stock admixtures for batch plant
During cold weather, may poke material and stomp lumps
Direct general operations of loader operator and loader. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Two years’ experience operating fixed or portable Red-Mix Batch Plant highly preferred. Knowledge/Skill Requirements
Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
Demonstrates ability to understand and carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
Proficient with PC skills such as key boarding and familiarity with Microsoft Windows Office Software.
Must pass pre-employment physical exam and controlled substance testing. The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs About Oldcastle Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family! Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn! Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link. Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co. s part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network. Nearest Major Market:SpokaneJob Segment:Transportation, Construction, Dispatcher, Plant, Plant Operator, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing Apply now »
Technical Sales Representative - Precast Concrete Products
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is division-focused sales and marketing targeting specific products or market groups assisting the Dealer Sales Manager to increase market penetration and profitability within a given geographic area.
This role will be responsible for traveling to TX, OK, AR, MS, LA, AL, TN, GA, FL. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct, coordinate, supervise and solicit sale of company's Precast accessory and chemical products and represent the company in accordance with its marketing philosophy and sales policies on a national and international basis.
Coordinate and communicate territory information with Dealer Sales Managers. Solicit orders from current as well as prospective customers for all company products. Aggressively seek new customers, territories, and distribution channels.
Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, regional and national trade shows for promotion and improvement of division's products. Make regular periodic personal contact with Manufacturers, Architects, Engineers, Customers, Distributors and Field Sales Personnel. Comply, recommend and assist in establishing company-selling and credit policies for fulfillment of the company's objectives and for maximum sales profitability.
Assist corporate and division management in developing sales forecasts/backlog reports, territory potentials, sales analyses, or other reports as may be requested. Maintain the best personal demeanor, professional integrity and high standards to convey a good image at all times when conducting company business or attending meetings. Maintain all required paperwork in a current and timely manner, i.e., trip reports, expense reports, special sales/marketing reports, customer work files, resolution of customer contracts and contract administration/credit approval customer files.
Provide weekly itinerary to be distributed each Monday morning. Comply, recommend improvement, where necessary and establish new company-selling policies where current deficient for fulfillment of company objectives and for maximum profitable sales. Monitor, prepare sales audits and analyses of present and prospective customers in accordance with company's requirements.
Submit, any special reports as directed by corporate or division management. Direct, coordinate, supervise and solicit sales of company's products and represent the company in accordance with its marketing philosophy and sales policies on a national and international basis.
Coordinate and communicate territory with Dealer Sales Managers.
Utilizes V2I to report account activity and sales calls. QUALIFICATIONS: Excellent interpersonal skills Good verbal and written communication skills Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks at hand MS Office proficient High energy, self-motivated Ability to work with little day-to-day supervision Blueprint reading knowledge Knowledge of local building codes Ability to take direction EDUCATION/EXPEREINCE: Bachelor's degree (B.
A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Extended periods of computer input. Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk.
Maximum unassisted lift 35 lbs, average lift less than 10 lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office environment. Inside average office environment.
Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Ambient temperature between 68? and 76? SDL2017
Sales Representative I - Concrete Products
Job Description: Titan America LLC is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. TITAN Group has a record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society. Required Skills We have an excellent opportunity for a Sales Representative for our Concrete Block division. This salaried, exempt position will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager. The primary function of this position is to maintain utmost customer service by leading a team of professional Customer Service Representatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Job Description * Sell Concrete Block and related products, provide Value Engineering, and other products
Develop, analyze and maintain market intelligence
Network, Build and maintain customer relationships internally and externally
Quote prices, credit terms and prepare sales contracts
Promotional activities and trade association involvement
Track projects from design stage to award. Required Experience
Required Skills * Alignment with Company Values
Ability to market and promote oneself and products through in-person and social media avenues
Adapt between traditional and unconventional sales approach depending on situation/audience
Enthusiasm to go beyond the expected customer relationship to include understanding the customer’s business, products and market to provide solutions to the customer
Able to see big picture- understand individual goals as well as overall company objectives, wide focus
Perform technical aspects of the job relating to masonry construction and materials.
Discussing and presenting product benefits to the design community and code influencers.
Demonstrates leadership/managerial potential
Demonstrates talent to be innovative and creative
Required Experience * 2-4-year College Degree or equivalent work experience that includes required responsibilities
Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and reasoning skills
Computer literate; including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
Valid Driver’s License
Preferred Experience * At least five years of successful relationship based sales experience
Concrete block and concrete materials product knowledge or knowledge of construction materials
Business Development experience a plus
Success begins with hiring the right people to collaborate with us as we grow and develop our business. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years. Tracking Code: 1387-776 Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Sales Representative For Precast Concrete Products
Collier Foundation Systems, Inc. is seeking ambitious Sales Representatives to help grow its business in the Southwestern Pennsylvania, Southeastern Ohio and Northern West Virginia areas. Collier Foundation Systems, Inc. (est 1994), is a precast concrete manufacturer of Superior Walls Precast Concrete Foundation Systems and ReCon Precast Retaining Wall Systems.
CONSTRUCTION BACKGROUND NEEDED
- Over see territory operations
- Meet with Builders and Home Owners
- Review, Read and Handle Blue Prints
- Draw Projects using CAD software
- Create Estimates
- Inspect Job Sites for Proper Preparation
- Do Aggressive Mailings, Meetings, and Cold calls for Sales Leads
- Establish a presence in un-marketed areas
- Weekly Progress reports
- Two years experience in Sales
- Competitive Income including Guaranteed Start Up Base Salary + Commissions
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K
- Reimbursed Expenses and Vehicle Allowance
- Comprehensive Paid Training
- Long Term Career Opportunity
Dispatch Manager - Ready Mix Concrete Industry
Dispatch Manager – Ready Mix Concrete Industry (Industry experience is a MUST)
Responsible for managing all dispatch operations, supervise dispatch personnel and assuring that the most efficient and cost-effective processes are being used. This position will also be responsible managing the timely delivery of concrete from plant locations to job sites according to customer requests and expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
· Supervise and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong team through effective communications, hiring, training, coaching, counseling, appraising, rewarding, developing, and succession planning.
· Continually assess the service level and provide recommendations regarding opportunities to improve operational performance.
· Embrace, promote and lead continuous improvement efforts.
· Oversee the efficient movement of trucks between assigned plants within a shipping area while effectively communicating with dispatchers in order to meet the needs of an entire market area.
· Review orders in the system for proper mix design, travel times, correct job start times, and job or customer specific needs.
· Communicates effectively with customers to provide up to date information in regard to the company’s ability to meet expected delivery times and handles any questions or concerns. Assets Fully Utilized, yard per man-hour efficiencies.
· Oversees dispatchers to ensure the timely distribution and delivery of concrete according to customer needs and requirements.
· Provides information and training to dispatchers to ensure timely and accurate feedback to customers and plant locations.
· Works closely with sales function to ensure equipment availability and utilization for specific projects and jobs.
· Analyzes and reviews yardage and delivery reports to ensure optimum asset utilization.
· Communicates with mixer drivers, plant managers, production managers and operations manager on a frequent and regular basis to avoid or address issues, concerns or problems.
· Monitors mixer truck status on a constant basis to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum equipment and labor utilization.
· Works closely with operations to ensure drivers are in compliance with local, state and federal safety and DOT guidelines and regulations.
· Adjusts dispatch schedule as needed to reflect current and accurate information.
· Coordinates training/orientation in dispatch function for new hires.
· Demonstrated ability to read and interpret maps and directions.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate, Vocational or Technical Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in Logistics, Transportation, Business or related field. 3-5 years of experience in a Ready Mix Concrete Dispatch environment. Demonstrated experience leading, directing, communicating change and developing a team strongly desired.
Strong skill base and comfort with technology including Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and routing or dispatching systems. Preferred candidates will have experience with Command Dispatch, Command Performance, and Trimble system.
Job operates in clerical office setting. Office environment will include suitable work areas and standard office equipment. Policies and procedures focused on safety will apply. When visiting work sites work consists of activities which include navigating heights, and exposure to elements such as dust, changes in temperature and weather. Required safety equipment will be issued and policies and procedures focused on safety will apply.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing and walking. Requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend as necessary. The employee must frequently lift or move items up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move items up to 20 pounds. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, employees and managers. Effective conflict resolution abilities. Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form. Ability to read, write and do mathematics.
· Ability to work fluctuating hours in accordance with customer needs.
· Rotating Saturdays as required by business needs.
· Bilingual preferred.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled Statement
Company provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law
Receives orders from and arranges for the delivery of concrete to customers in a timely, accurate and courteous manner. Coordinates daily workload with plant personnel. Interacts with customers, plant personnel and drivers. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of records, reports and sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and processes products sales orders from customers for concrete and/or material orders
- Efficiently schedules drivers, to ensure timely and correct delivery of concrete and/or materials to customers
- Ensures each job order has the correct raw material mix design according to the specifications submitted by the customer
- Encourages a positive working relationship with area personnel to ensure customers' jobs are serviced according to the specifications. Maintains appropriate discipline and compliance with all applicable rules and policies.
- Participates in employee performance reviews
- Encourages a positive working relationship with customers to ensure their jobs are properly serviced including the selling of products
- Directs and councils customers in the product(s) needed to meet job specifications
- Communicates with Dispatch Manager to schedule Mixer Operators for upcoming jobs
- Accurately records all orders, deliveries and materials inventories for the area.
- Communicates to the Area Manager or Dispatch Manager problems encountered with customers, area personnel, equipment, and any matters relating to the operation of the business
- Schedules personnel, call‐ins, equipment, raw materials deliveries, etc. to meet customer requirements
- Arranges for timely repair / maintenance of products delivery equipment
- Compiles and publishes periodic production reports
- Assists management in the administration of Company guidelines and policies
- Ensure the most optimal mix is being used in all none specified work (the cost effective approved mix)
- Responsible for collection of COD’s
- Ensure all Hours of Service rules are followed and enforced
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by higher management
- Two year degree from a community college; College degree is preferred
- Working knowledge of concrete products and production processes
- Must be computer literate; Proficient in MS office suite preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Equivalent experience in a dispatch environment, preferably dispatching a perishable product.
- Must possess excellent verbal skills including handling conflict.
- Strong leadership and management skills with background in a matrix role; proven team oriented and team-building skills of managing through influence
- Must be able to work in a heavy industrial production environment, exposed to weather elements, noise, vibrations, dust and temperature extremes
- Must be able to wear all required personal protection equipment for the task, including (but not exclusive) safety glasses, hardhat, hearing protection, respiratory protection, safety belts, gloves, fall harness, etc
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Normal depth perception and vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- Noise level is typically moderate to loud
We support our customers' drive for sustainable building solutions with eco-friendly concrete products and expertise on requirements for LEED certification of buildings using concrete construction.
We are amongst the largest ready-mixed concrete producers in the United States, with a capacity of nearly 10 million cubic meters per year. We have over 300 concrete plants concentrated in two geographic areas. In the southeastern part of the U.S., we operate in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and portions of Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Virginia. In the south central part of the U.S., we have operations in the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth markets in Texas and Little Rock, Arkansas.
We are also one of the largest cement producer in the southeastern U.S., producing 3.2 million metric tons of cement per year with facilities in Texas, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, and North Carolina. Argos has five rail terminals (three in Georgia, one in Mississippi, one in North Carolina); and terminals with port facilities in Mobile, Alabama; Houston, Texas and Wilmington, North Carolina.
We are seeking a Dispatcher to join our team! You will be responsible for helping taking orders, scheduling ready mix and dispatching drivers to job site.
- High volume and fast paste environment handling customer orders
- Provide information about the products and services
- Maintain scheduling and dispatching of drivers
- Document and update records
- 2 years experience in dispatching and knowledge of concrete industry
- Proficiency in computer applications and ability to type
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clean and valid drivers license
- Profession appearance
- English speaking and bi-lingual preferred
Concrete Polisher / Decorative Concrete
Employment opportunity for individuals who want a career in the growing field of polish concrete, decorative concrete and epoxy flooring. Join our growing organization. This job offers travel, out of town stay and occasional night work. Travel pay, per diem plus wages. Build a career and see the country.
MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE and submit to a pre-employment drug screen. This job does require the handling of heavy grinding equipment in a construction environment.
Medical insurance available after 90 days.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!