Dispatcher Security Guard Job Description Sample
Armed Security Guard
Job Duties: The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following: Property Access Control, Building Protection, Traffic Control, Inspect Vehicles, Assist Visitors, Perform Roving Patrol Rounds In Vehicle or On Foot, Operate a Motor Vehicle, Enforce Regulations, Report Breaches of Security, Ability to respond to emergency situations including pursuit, apprehension and detention of individuals. Other duties as assigned.
Geographic Location: Bethesda, MD
- U.S. Citizenship;
- Minimum of 21 years of age;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Valid driver's license.
- Must have minimum, at least one of the following: six (6) months experience in a State licensed security services occupation (armed/unarmed guard, control room operator, etc. six (6) months experience as a Federal, State, or Municipal Law Enforcement Officer, or Dispatcher with successful completion of a police officer's basic training academy or an Associate's degree in a Security or Law Enforcement field, be a current or former member (honorable discharge) of the United States Armed Forces
- Read, speak and understand English language fluently;
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports and fill out forms;
- Successfully pass required pre-employment testing;
- Must have a minimum active Secret Level Security Clearance based on a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Successfully pass an employment physical;
- Successfully pass criminal, credit, and driving record checks;
- Must be able to obtain certifications for CPR, First Aid/AED, and Maryland Armed Guard Card;
- Successfully complete a security screening;
- Must have an active security clearance, secret. Must be able to pass US Government background investigation for higher level required polygraph;
- Must be approved by the client to work at the site.
Security Guard - Immediate Openings For Security Guards
Immediate openings for security guards for Manhattan; Bronx; Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island locations.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills:
Must work nights & weekends
Must work varied schedules and overtime as needed
Ability to stand for long periods of time and remain alert
Observe and report suspicious activity
HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
Please complete an online application at :
If you have issues with this link, you can copy and paste into your browser.
Or, stop by our office and apply in person.
40 Exchange Place, Suite 1700 / New York, NY 10005
DO NOT APPLY TO ZIPRECRUITER OR YOUR RESUME WILL NOT BE VIEWED
U.S Security Associates Is Looking For A Security Guard Like You !!
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
Thank you for your interest in working with U.S. Security Associates, Inc. (USA).
We are seeking a Security Guard to become an integral part of our team. The selected individual will patrol and secure assigned premises as well as identify risks to staff and patrons.
- Be at least 18 years of age (21 for some positions)
- Have a reliable means of communication (i.e. home phone, cell phone)
- Have a reliable means of transportation to and from work
- Effectively speak, read and write English
- Be able to maintain accurate records
- Effectively comprehend numerous policies, procedures, and concepts in order to respond appropriately to various situations
- Communicate effectively with others
- Walk up and down stairs
- Stand for long periods of time sometimes in excess of eight hours
- Work outside in a variety of weather conditions depending on the assignment
Under direct supervision, the Security Officer position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Provides escorts as necessary
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
- Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid state security officer license, if applicable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Ability to walk extended periods of time.
- He/she must be customer service oriented.
- The successful candidate will pay close attention to detail.
- Security Experience is a plus but not required
Thank you for your interest in working with U.S. Security Associates, Inc. (USA). Before taking the time to complete the application and interview process, we request that you read the following information so you will have a clear understanding of what USA requires of all security officers, as well as what your duties would include if you were hired.
U.S. Security Associates (USA) is one of America's largest security companies, delivering uniformed security services, consulting and investigations and specialized security solutions throughout the United States and around the world. We operate 160 branch offices and have experience and on-the-ground resources in 120 countries.
Armed Security Guard
Armed Security Guard Job description:
-Hours of service will be Monday-Friday, 6:30PM-6:30AM and Saturdays as needed
- Responds to unusual or emergency situations at client’s site using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response by following established protocol.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; precludes unauthorized access to facilities, and the conversion, theft or intentional destruction of physical assets.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives or company management.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Works in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
- Experience in physical security, military service, law enforcement or a related field, sufficient to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing and/or site standards as established by the company.
It is the security team's objective to provide high quality security services for our company employees and clients. Security is most often the first and last impression for any person on the property. Therefore, it is imperative that the Security Guard be well trained in security matters and in public relations. A strong public image necessitates a professional security team acting in cohesive terms. Our security team will determine success by restriction of unwanted access to common areas, deterrence of criminal activity, high visibility, thorough security planning, proactive security measures and customer service providing timely and effective responses.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to problem solve in any situation.
- Maintain all access to assigned building.
- Visually observe all cameras.
- Patrol areas at designated times as per the post orders.
- Maintain an accurate logbook.
- Write incidents reports as needed.
- Ability to operate and communicate via 2-way radio.
- Maintain a neat uniform appearance per the post orders.
- Maintain D license (renew every 2 years)
- Maintain a G license (renew every 2 years, annual firearms re-qualification)
- Contact fire/police in emergency situation.
- Adhere to the security post orders.
- Have regular and reliable attendance .
- Adhere to policies and procedures of employee handbook.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Current Security G license
- Current Security D License
- Proficient in firearms (9 mm, 40 cal., 45 cal.)
- Proficient in report writing
- Basic computer skills including email.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match is fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Armed Security Guard
Security Officer Quality Standards
An American Protection Services, Inc. Security Officer:
- Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime and weekends, if assigned).
- Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
- Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service.
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively.
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
Officer Basic Job
Patrol facility or man post as instructed and serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, client or employees at the site. Report all incidents, accidents and/or medical emergencies. Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response proceedings.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 10 years of verifiable employment history.
- At least one verifiable employer.
- No criminal convictions as specified under American Protection Services, Inc. guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Must have knowledge of computer software applications and their functionality (MS Office, Excel, and PPT).
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Active State of Florida Unarmed D Security and Armed G Security Licenses.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
Job Specific information:
The current need for the position is immediate for regular part time hours for the following shift: This facility is in the process of rapid growth and expects to have several full time positions in the near future.
Weekends ten (10) hour shifts Friday 05:30 am to 3:30 pm and Saturday 05:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Possible support needed as need arises including weekends. Candidate should expect to perform alternating shifts on a needed basis, including overnight shifts.
The Pay is $12.00 per hour
Echelon Protection & Surveillance is hiring for a Security Guard to work at our site in Salisbury, MD FULL TIME! No experience is necessary! We offer PAID on the job training. Candidates must have Maryland GUARD CARD. Base pay is $11/hr and increases with experience. Candidates must have reliable transportation (YOUR OWN CAR) to qualify for the position. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website: www.epsagents.com and click on our "CAREERS" tab to access our application portal! APPLY NOW. WORK WILL BEGIN 7/7/17!
Echelon Protection & Surveillance (EPS) Security Officer
The EPS Security Officer is responsible for providing for the safety and security of client, client property, and personnel at an assigned site or event.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Monitors and surveils an assigned client site.
· Responds to any incident that involves safety, security, medical emergency, fire, criminal activity, or other unsafe condition.
· Reports any incident that occurs at the client site per site protocols.
· Contacts, coordinates, and cooperates with law enforcement agencies when an incident involves that agency response.
· Protects and preserves any scene or evidence at the site when necessary to further an investigation.
· Assists with traffic direction and/or parking at the assigned site.
· Conducts required patrols of the client site on foot or in vehicle.
· Inspects any safety equipment, fire suppression apparatus, or protective devices.
· Controls access to the client site.
· Uses appropriate force to preserve order and ensure the safety and security of the client, the client site, and site personnel.
· Prepares any required site or incident documentation.
A prospective EPS Security Officer must meet one of the following criteria:
· Law enforcement experience
· Other public safety experience
· Correctional officer experience
· Military experience within the past three years
· Graduate of an accredited police academy
· High school diploma or GED
· One year of prior satisfactory security experience
Additionally, a prospective EPS Security Officer must:
· Be able to make foot patrols of up to a half-hour, and/or stand for long periods of time.
· Be able to walk over uneven terrain and navigate inclines and stairs.
· Be able to read, write, and print clearly and legibly.
· Be able to work variable hours and shifts.
· Hold a valid operator’s license.
· Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
· Have the ability to reasonably protect themselves and others.
· Be able to follow both verbal and written directions.
· Have access to a motor vehicle at all times.
· Maintain a “Smart” telephone with Internet capability for proper communication.
· Maintain an active e-mail account.
· Demonstrate basic computer skills.
· Successfully complete the Echelon Orientation Course.
· Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
· Be capable of occasional lifting of objects weighing up to twenty-five pounds.
Echelon Protection and Surveillance is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment practices.
Our New York Security Office is seeking NYS LICENSED SECURITY GUARDS to work
at a SET Yonkers location starting this week on a full-time or part time basis
Contact us NOW We are looking to hire guards starting next week.
The location requires you to operate a motor vehicle while monitoring all persons entering and exiting the location. During your shifts you will also be required to walk the job-site and conduct checkpoints.
We are looking for guards to work ALL days of the week.
Shifts to be filled are 4:00pm - Midnight and Midnight to 8:00am
MUST BE A NYS LICENSED SECURITY GUARD
MUST BE ABLE TO READ AND WRITE ENGLISH CLEARLY
MUST HAVE A CLEAN AND NEAT APPEARANCE
MUST HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR NAME AND PHONE # SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW.
Armed Security Guard
We are looking for experienced armed security officer.
SHIFT: 2nd & 3rd
• Patrol the premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, and gates, on foot or use of company vehicle.
• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
• Monitor entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Maintains sign in log for truck drivers and ensures visitors use front entrance to the facility.
• Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
• Controls traffic by directing drivers.
• Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
• Ability to rotate shifts as needed
• Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Must be able to use initiative and independent judgment with established guidelines.
Must have a California Guard Card & Chemical Agents Card/Certificate. First-Aid/CPR certification is not required but preferred. Must pass Criminal Background Check, Drug Screening test and physical exam. Bi-lingual preferred. Must possess effective written, oral and interpersonal skills. Ability to deal with all levels of personnel, customers and the general public in a professional manner.
Education & Experience: Minimum (1) year experience required. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!