Distribution Supervisor Job Description Sample
Broad River Retail d/b/a Ashley Furniture HomeStore is currently seeking an experienced Distribution Supervisor join our growing team!
Supervise warehouse personnel to meet daily objectives, follow company policies and procedures, and develop staff for continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide direct supervision to warehouse personnel to ensure company policies and procedures are followed
· Staff workforce at start of shift to meet daily objectives (based on volume, attendance, and goals)
· Provide leadership and direction by establishing and communicating clear expectations
· Conduct a daily team meeting
· Monitor progress during day to ensure all timelines are met. (example - all items picked, prepped, assembled correctly with no damage)
· Run Undelivered Items Report daily to ensure all pieces are scanned to correct destination to maintain inventory integrity
· Monitor performance/goals, communicate to team and create necessary action plans to ensure goals/objectives are met
· Build relationships with staff and management to promote teamwork throughout the facility
· Assist in recruitment, training, development and coaching of warehouse staff
· Maintain staffing schedule and communicate needs to Distribution Manager
· Manage a safe workplace by requiring personnel to work safely and monitoring compliance to safety guidelines throughout the facility
· Maintain a clean working environment. Ensure staff cleans as they go
· Create and deliver annual performance reviews
· Assist in developing improvement oriented projects for continuous improvement
· Safety conscious
· Proven ability to successfully lead teams in a warehouse environment up to 40 people
· At least three (3) years of prior warehouse experience
· Familiarity with distribution paperwork and documentation
· Good communication skills both written and verbal
· Ability to routinely lift 75 lbs alone, or team lift heavier pieces
· Manual dexterity and capacity to unpackage and assemble furniture
· Experience with Outlook, Excel, and Word
· Must be able to work rotating Saturdays
· 1-3 years in a leadership role
· Experience with furniture warehousing or home delivery
this position supervises workers who receive, validate and record shipments, prepare items for shipping, and load and unload trucks.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the receiving, storing, packing and shipping of merchandise or materials.
- Maintain the necessary files and documentation and support the product verification, packing, unpacking and loading of shipments.
- Ensure employee safety and compliance with all policies.
- Resolve problems such as damaged goods or shipping errors.
- Select, train and develop teams.
- Perform managerial responsibilities at least 50% of the time.
Requires a high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires at least 5 years related experience. May require forklift certification.
Thorough knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures including handling exceptions. Requires basic reading, writing and numerical ability. Strong verbal communication skills. Effectively motivates and manages a team. Valid driver’s license with good driving record may be required. Able to operate powered equipment such as forklift or hydraulic jack lift. Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Global retailer is looking for a Distribution Supervisor for their 1M sqft, flagship DC. Track record of strong leadership, DC or Production exp and ability to work any shift preferred. Excellent compensation and benefits for the right candidate.
2Nd Shift Distribution Supervisor
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the overall success of warehouse operations through the accurate and safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of customer products and goods. This role is focused on providing our customers an exemplary level of service by driving inventory accuracy, warehouse organization, task-prioritization, and staff leadership.
Warehouse Supervisors must understand and aid in implementing processes that will drive profitability and enhance margins, including the management of labor, space and equipment. The role is also responsible for the management and supervision of associates, and is also involved with personnel issues such as the recruitment, training and discipline of staff. This role will also oversee, and when necessary, involve themselves in, various picking, packing and distribution activities.
This leader is also accountable for maintaining and building a culture that exhibits a high-level of professionalism among personnel, while ensuring workplace health and safety requirements are met, and takes responsibility for the overall security of the building and product/goods.
Essential Job Functions
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Training staff and monitoring their performance, progress, and service levels
- Partner cross-functionally to mobilize resources and align around the common goal of obsession with superior customer service
- Overseeing customer inventories, monitoring orders and processing shipments
- Ensuring quality, delivery and budget objectives are met
- Continuously drive profitability and generate revenue by identifying and eliminating non-value added activities and recognizing missed opportunities
- Assists in the development of, and ongoing recommendations for, warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment
At Paydayz Staffing, we are dedicated to finding the correct match. We provide a seamless solution to keep your company running efficiently and profitably.
Paydayz Staffing has long standing relationships across multiple industries with a brand name built on quality and customer service. We have built a strong reputation through our commitment to recruiting top candidates and post placement services. We know that quality employees are a necessity for long-run success.
This is Our Promise to You!
And Our philosophy is simple. We want to hire the best talent internally to deliver the best customer service to our clients at a competitive price. We focus on being innovative and providing real solutions to our clients.
At Paydayz we are not only providing staffing; we offer up a business model with transparent relationships, precise solutions, and a firm belief that our clients deserve the best.
What you can expect from Paydayz Staffing Solutions:
- Direct, contract to hire, and long term contract services
- We provide entry level to professional placement
- 24/7 support
- Quality talent pools
- Knowledge of multiple industries
- We individually customize our staffing and employee fulfillment solutions to each client
- Flexibility and unparalleled customer service
- Knowledgeable, friendly and experienced recruiters
- Creative solutions for both job seekers and businesses alike
- Involved in OUR Community
How this helps you:
- Customized staffing solutions to reduce overall staffing costs
- Lower unemployment costs.
- Minimization of risk and liability exposure
- Reduced recruitment cycles
- "Try before you Buy."
- We free you to Focus on your CORE business.
We love what we do and would love to help you however we can. We Are your Friends in the People Business!
Purpose and Scope: Ensure that all activities of Loris Distribution support the Loris Plant and CHF Business Plans. Ensure that products are shipped in a manner that minimizes costs and maximizes service to CHF customers. Ensure that all products that are shipped meet or exceed CHF quality standards. Quality stands for product that is shipped includes both the product and the shipping cartons.
A. Safety: Ensures that all employees are aware and in compliance with proper safety methods and procedures in the performance of their duties and takes appropriate disciplinary action when they are not.
B. Distribution Delivery Performance: (1) Ensure that there are no late orders. (2) Work with Customer Service and Planning Department to maximize delivery performance. (3) Schedule customer packing requirements in a manner where our customers are serviced on time at the lowest possible cost. (3) Schedule customer packing requirements in a manner where our customers are serviced on time at the lowest possible cost. (4) Ensure that inventory is accurate and that an inaccurate inventory is not the reason for product being canceled or back ordered.
C. Distribution Quality: (1) Ensure that all products, packaging and shipping cartons conform to CHF specifications. (2) Ensure that unacceptable defect levels are addressed through preventative and corrective actin.
D. Distribution Cost: (1) Ensure that excess costs are minimized. (2) Ensure that non-value added functions are eliminated. (3) Ensure that optimum layouts, processes and methods are constantly pursued. (4) Ensure that costs due to quality issues are minimized. (5) Pursue team based distribution process by customer where feasible. (6) Ensure that customer charge back costs resulting from distribution errors are minimized. (7) Ensure that department staffing meets demand requirements, allows for flex capacity and minimizes overtime costs. (8) Ensure that training methods for new employees consists of proper method training, quality training, effective follow up and an evaluation process that results in timely and appropriate action being taken where needed. (9) Demonstrates the ability to observe safety and security procedures and enforce company policies, practices, procedures and work rules. (10) Ensure that all opportunities to recycle bags, cartons, etc., are taken advantage of when possible.
Associates Degree preferred, college courses/technical courses may be acceptable when combined with the correct experience.
Experience and Physical
2-3 years of supervisory experience. She/he must have computer experience, such as Excel and Word.
Internal and External Interactions: The position requires interactions with internal supervisors, engineers, managers, and leaders.
2Nd Shift Distribution Supervisor
2nd Shift Distribution Supervisor $70-75K + 10% Bonus
Industrial Machinery Manufacturing
Supervises staff to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations, and determining disciplinary actions when necessary. Manages the warehousing and related supply chain operations of the location and changing customer demands, which includes the implementation and administration of warehousing and distribution programs, safety initiatives, applicable quality and efficiency improvement measures, and related areas.
Manages various activities among the departments and across the facility, such as inventory management, traffic, distribution, production, and quality control to implement, monitor, and update operations, processes, equipment, and related areas. Leads the development and implementation of an overall warehousing and distribution strategy for the location, such as supply chain metrics, resource allocation, maintenance and safety programs, budget development, and capital and process improvement projects; ensures applicable measurements are met. Develops, analyzes and reviews a variety of operational reports to improve quality, efficiency, cycle times, volumes, and implements operational changes as required. Develops appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with warehousing and supply chain principles and practices and applicable laws, rules, and regulations; monitors compliance with these areas.
Eight years of warehousing experience, including four years of supervisory experience. Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Operations Management. Supervising and evaluating employees; Managing various warehousing and related supply chain departments; Applying comprehensive warehousing and supply chain management principles and practices; Developing and analyzing warehouse and supply chain reports and determining actions; Applying broad project management principles and practices; PC skills; Experience with Warehouse Management Software desired . Must be willing to work 2nd shift.
BradyCorporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutionsthat identify and protect people, products and places. Brady’s productshelp customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and includehigh-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software.Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics,telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospaceand a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee,Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2017, employed approximately 6,300 people in itsworldwide businesses. Brady’s fiscal 2017 sales were approximately $1.11billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbolBRC. More information is available on the Internet at www.bradycorp.com.
Business Overview\: Work Place Safety (WPS) Americas is a platform of Brady Corporation. WPS consists of workplace safety and compliance products, which include informational signs, tags, security, first aid supplies, material handling, asset identification, safety and facility identification and workplace regulatory products. These products are sold under multiple brands names such as\: Emedco, Seton, Clement, Champion and Personnel Concepts; through catalog, telemarketing, and ecommerce. We serve customers in many industries including manufacturing, government, education, construction and utilities. We operate in Connecticut, New York, California, Illinois, as well as internationally in Mexico, Canada and the Philippines.
Distribution Supervisor(Distribution; with a Value Stream Supervisor Rotation)
Warehouse/ Distribution Operating hours\: 7 AM to11\:30 PM on 3 overlapping shifts.
Direct reports include shift team leads, hourly
Brady full time employees, and an hourly seasonal workforce deemed as necessarydue to workload.
The individual plans, organizes, supervises and participates in daily warehouseoperations and activities and directs approximately 30 team members in warehouse(receiving/ distribution) duties. The Supervisor is directly accountable for teamaccomplishments of goods receipts, receiving and put away, pick pack and shipactivities, process documentation, cycle counting management, workforce performance,and workplace safety record, and oversight of the distribution departmentequipment, supplies, and operating supplies inventory.
Thedepartment is results driven toward operational excellence via metrics that focuson quality, customer on time delivery performance, operating within budget andexpense limits, driving cost savings thru operational effectiveness andimprovements, and optimization of freight expense, all to achieve highestlevels of customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's of Science degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university, in supply chain, logistics, industrial or manufacturing engineering or similar related degree.
- A 2 year Associates Degree and significant experience in supervising a 2 or 3 shift distribution operation, in lieu of a 4 year degree, will be considered.
- 3-5 years of warehouse/ distribution center operations supervision.
- Requires at least 2 years of knowledge in SAP/ ERP systems environment/ MRP
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (intermediate to advanced excel required), Google Docs and programs for retrieval, manipulation and analysis of transactional data.
- Experience in driving improvements, process optimization, lean manufacturing events and procedure development.
- Proven track record of troubleshooting problems, investigating customer complaints and leading change toward making improvements.
- Requires the ability to solve urgent and chronic problems, both individually and as part of cross-functional teams. Needs to effectively lead and develop a team and communicate expectations at all levels of the organization.
PositionDuties and Responsibilities (includes but not limited to)\:
- Assumes responsibility for safety, health and environmental compliance for the Department.
- Trained in the proper procedures for department, and can become subject matter expert to achieve trainer level for all processes and procedures.
- Oversees and is responsible for the output of quality materials, orders, and packages to customers, meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers.
- Communicates internal and external customer needs to the team, uses first hand customer information for improvement in services, talks and acts with the customer in mind.
- Maintains effective relationships with all customers and gains their trust and respect and translates and communicate the customer needs and expectations.
- Insures a consistent measure of customer satisfaction for both our internal and external customers
- Establishes and coordinates the activities of the team to achieve the Customer Service, Quality and Cost Savings goals of the team and Site.
- Coordinates activities with the other Supervisors to ensure effective utilization of our human resources, inventory assets and capital equipment resources at the Site.
- Develops the team’s manpower plan, shares that plan with the other Supervisors and makes adjustments as needed.
- Supervises and manages DAY TO DAY activities.
- Objectively evaluates processes for non-value added activity and eliminates that which does not add value.
- Assists in keeping inventory levels minimized while maintaining service levels to our customers.
- Helps lead and drive both the utilization of technology and process innovation within the team.
- Works in conjunction with the team leaders to develop the skills of team members, helps create compelling development plans and executes them.
- Facilities and develops teamwork within the team and across teams at the Site.
- Works with teams on failure analysis, corrective actions for noncompliance's and customer complaints, shares that information across teams.
- Deals directly with human resource issues as they relate to accountability, discipline, documentation and warnings, rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Will participate in interview and make hiring decisions regarding team members.
- Creates strong moral and spirit with the team and across team and site.
- Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably, deals effectively with everyone, hires variety and diversity, and supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf
Overview Plan and control all cylinder movement into and out of the facility, ensure the efficient routing and dispatch of trucks from the facility. Maintain compliance to all DOT regulations.
Ensure all trucks are maintained per Fleet Services guidelines. Perform Driver training and observations per company guidelines. Adhere to all company safety policies and help drive the safety culture at the facility.
This position reports to the Hub Plant Manager. Dimensions: List budgets (the budget(s) that this job impacts), number of staff and any other scope data relevant to the job. Work design:
Manages a unit or function that is part of a larger function. Follows established organizational policies.
Develops procedures; recommends policies.
Decisions involve translating the Division's goals and objectives into unit objectives, defined work assignments and projects; conducting and implementing actions; and short-term planning. Required
Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, VISO, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability Qualifications
Federal, state and local regulatory agencies (CFR, OSHA, EPA, SAHRA and DOT).
Specialty, medical and industrial cylinder industry.
Manufacturing of industrial, medical, and specialty gases including pure gases, gas blends, hydrocarbon blends or similar manufacturing fields. Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing.
22733BR Job Title
Global Quality and Ops
Business Function Supply Chain/Logistics/Distribution
United States State/Province
Percent Travel Required Up to 10%
About Stryker Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. Job Description / Information Directs the activities of warehouse personnel involved in the receiving of various products into the facility, movements of product within the facility, and the picking and loading of product shipping out of the facility; ensures that all policies and procedures are followed.
Supervises all shipping, receiving, and inventory control activities performed by warehouse crew; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees on warehouse floor throughout the shift.
Establishes and maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
Manages maintenance schedules for all responsible warehouse equipment.
Manages all receiving and shipping office paper flow.
May review and approve vendor invoices; researches vendor invoicing problems related to warehouse receiving activities.
Forecasts resource needs to meet peak demands of the business and staff team accordingly;
Responsible for performance management of direct team. Trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines employees being supervised; resolves personnel issues.
Manages personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, hiring, and training.
Coordinates with the warehouse manager to manage personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, hiring, and training.
Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures; ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by employees.
Leads by example; willing to learn and perform all warehouse duties.
Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
Assists warehouse manager with development and implementation of policies and procedures;
ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by crew.
Assists with inventory activities; supervises inventory control process including but not limited to
check-in/ check-out, settlement, and inventory reconciliation.
Works cross-functionally to resolve issues and drive process efficiency.
Drives process improvement and acts as lean coach/mentor.
Resolves warehouse-related issues with representatives from other department throughout the company.
Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for the crew.
Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
B.A. or B.S. degree required.
2-4 years related experience or equivalent.
Knowledge of inventory control practices; strong ability to implement and execute.
Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
Forklift certified, or ablility to complete internal certification.
Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating a team.
Commitment to excellence and high standards.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
Proficient on Microsoft Office applications
Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
Sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions.
Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds. Bilingual abilites a plus.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Description At Schwan’s Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide.
Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat. The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry.
To learn more, visit us at http://www.schwanscompany.com. Responsible for supervising the distribution of products to ensure maximum efficiency quality and customer service at the least possible cost. Enforces safety guideline and rules GMPS HACCP checks food safety requirements and all company policies Coordinates truck loading/unloading and ensures it is done in a timely manner.
Ensures that all materials are stored in accordance with temperature requirements. Maintains accurate stock rotation first in first out Cognizant of bill of materials and coordinate any necessary adjustments as it relates to inventory or usages. Requests or performs maintenance on facilities and equipment Ensures cycle counting and month end inventory is conducted for inventory records accuracy.
Tracks weight of all product loads and monitors long and short counts on product in and out of distribution Supervises trains and develops subordinates if applicable Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct. Qualifications Education: Associate degree or equivalent Years of Related Experience:
Typically 3-5 years of experience. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: General knowledge of Purchasing Quality Assurance Manufacturing Inventory Record Accuracy Cycle Counting Procedures Inventory Control Procedures Food Safety Requirements Warehousing and distribution.
Knowledgeable of Bills of material and Auditing Control Functions. Good math and communication skills. Good working maintenance knowledge of forklifts pallet jacks and other equipment in order to detect maintenance problems.
Good working knowledge of truck loading operation yard operations and reefer unit type trailers. Able to operate yard tractor while pulling empty and loaded trailers. Computer literate able to learn distribution/transportation software systems have in-depth knowledge of Systems Applications Products (SAP) and have a working knowledge of word processing.
Able and willing to travel. Assist IS with report changes SAP authorizations and system outages. Assist production in clearing Storage locations.
Resolve inventory discrepancies. Assist accounting/purchasing with invoice/ Bill of Lading discrepancies. Lead or Supervisor experience.
Willing to obtain forklift license within the probationary period. Good work record.
Effective supervisory skills. Must meet the Federal Department of Transportation eligibility requirements including appropriate driver's license and corresponding medical certification as a condition of employment for this position. The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class. #vfj-11-11# Business Unit: Schwan's Consumer Brands, Inc. Req #: 17007483
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!