Distributor Cleaner Job Description Sample
Asphalt Distributor Truck Operator (Tack Truck)
- CDL Required
- Hazmat Required
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Yard Manager/Assistant Manager For Lumber & Plywood Distributor
YARD MANAGER OR ASSISTANT YARD MANAGER, FOR A LUMBER AND PLYWOOD DISTRIBUTOR
Tulnoy Lumber is looking to add to our management team. We would like to hire a yard manager or assistant yard manager at our Carteret, New Jersey facilities. Applicant should have management experience in the building products industry.
The ideal candid should be skilled in shipping, receiving, labor management, scheduling, delivery truck routing, inventory management, and inventory control at a lumber, plywood or building products distribution company. To be considered you need knowledge of building products, and experience managing people. Ideal candidate will have knowledge of heavy duty trucks (flatbeds and tractor trailers) and forklifts.
Tulnoy Lumber is a +85 year old financially secure building materials distribution wholesaler. We operate three distribution yards and maintain a multimillion dollar inventory. We operate three railroad sidings and run a fleet of 28 trucks. We service customers from Massachusetts to Pennsylvania and New Jersey including metropolitan New York.
Our company inventories spruce and fir lumber, douglas fir and yellow pine plywood, pine boards, fire retardant plywood, doors, nails, screws and related hardware items. Working knowledge of these items would be a plus.
We will provide a salary, benefits, and a 401K. The work week is Monday through Friday. This is a career opportunity.
If you are a capable operations manager with experience in our industry, we would like to talk to you. If you do not have the experience, please do not send us your resume. If you would like to explore a career opportunity, please send us your resume.
Here are some additional qualifications we are looking for:
Strong organizational and follow-up skills
Ability to multitask.
Strong negotiating skills
Proficiency in reading and writing English
• Math proficiency.
• Proficiency with written communications
• Ability to listen and interpret people’s needs
• Ability to pass random drug testing
• Good references
Thank you for your interest.
Warehouse Manager Trainee Solar Distributor
$50,000 plus includes Profit Sharing
|Need something new and challenging? Seeking to be part of the big picture?|
We have an exciting new opportunity in our Warehouse Department. As Warehouse Manager Trainee offers the opportunity to learn how to manage warehouse inventory and operations, manage staff, and work with vendors and project managers. Our Client a Wholesale Electrical (Solar) Distributor is looking for a computer savvy, process oriented individual who thrives in the electrical and construction industry. Our Client works with the largest contractors and your role is vital to the start and completion for many construction projects around the San Francisco Bay Area.
They have 25 delivery trucks and a warehouse staff of 30 people
They offer great benefits package including health, dental, and 401k plan. and Profit Sharing!
Our ideal candidate will have a grasp for Electrical Supplies, construction industry experience, Inventory & Warehouse management skills, and will learn how to manage up to 30 employees.
College Degree or equivalent years of experience is required
Sound like you? Send us your resume and cover letter today!
Industrial Distributor Inside Sales
Industrial Distributor of Instrumentation and Fluid Power Components looking for a detail oriented person for our inside sales team. Knowledge of Tribute ERP system is a plus. Not Cold Calling or a Call Center.
- Customer Service (Quotes, Order Entry, Order Follow-Up)
- Support for Outside Sales Staff
Salary based upon experience.
Location Manager / Building Material Distributor
Location Manager for Building Material Distributor
Growing Wholesale Distributor is seeking a talented Location Manager to join our team!
This is a salaried employment position with excellent benefits to include paid vacation, a full health package, a 401K plan with company contributions, plus a great opportunity for growth and advancement.
The Location Manager is responsible for effective and profitable management of personnel, inventory and customer service. This individual will work with sales representatives to establish and meet sales goals, in addition to hiring, developing and training personnel. The location manager must be a sales leader and will be expected to drive both the branch and sales team performance to successfully achieve business goals and branch profitably.
Our ideal candidate will possess a sales and management background within a wholesale distribution environment.
- Direct and coordinate sales efforts within assigned branch.
- Assist with account development and make support calls on customers as necessary.
- Stay abreast of current markets served, industry trends, new products, market prices, customers, vendors and competitors.
- Maintain contact and friendly relationships with suppliers and customers, building a favorable company image and resolving problems and complaints as they arise.
- Responsible for ensuring all positions are staffed by qualified and trained personnel, interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervise all work performed in the branch including branch purchasing, pricing, quotations, warehouse activities and/or other staff who are responsible for these functions or areas
- Knowledge of all functional areas in a wholesale distribution business . Specifically Customer Service, Inventory Control and Sales.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) skills
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Strong negotiation, communication, presentation, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Minimum overnight travel.
Asphalt Distributor Operator
An Asphalt Distributor Operator is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below.
An Asphalt Distributor Operator typically performs a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates.
An Asphalt Distributor Operator consists of operating an asphalt distributor by applying specialize emulsions to roadways, which are then covered by a chip spreader. The operator is responsible for setting the pace for the paving operation.
- Understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the standards of the project
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) A with tanker endorsement as well as an acceptable driving record
- Drives and operates distributor truck equipped with tank to spray asphalt emulsions on road surfaces
- Connects hose from storage tank to truck tank and moves lever to fill pressure tank with asphalt liquid
- Regulate burner to heat liquid and start auxiliary pump
- Snap or screw on spray bars to attain required width of spray
- Turn valve to regulate flow of material at specified rate and adjust levers to adjust height of spray bar from road surface
- Monitor flow gages, tachometer and temperature gauge to insure uniform distribution
- Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to machine before operation
- Responsible for daily maintenance of equipment to remain in proper and safe working order
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if equipment needs to be repaired
- Understand and execute different emulsions
- Shifts may vary according to project demands
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as an Asphalt Distributor Operator. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. One (1) year or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on asphalt, roads, highways, and bridges.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Asphalt Distributor Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing and sitting is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently walk and climb on uneven surfaces of heavy equipment.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds and carry at least 30 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to operate hand tools.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the road construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Asphalt Distributor Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions. Must be able to handle extreme heat.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, and dust that is typically associated with road construction.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on road construction sites such as form oil, grease, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt concentrate at hot temperatures.
Must be able to work overtime, possible 7 days a week.
Pay Range $15-17
Our mission is to be the staffing services provider and employment agency of choice by helping people and companies achieve their goals. Whether you need premier talent or if you are searching for jobs in Humble TX, Deer Park, Channelview or other suburbs of the Houston Metro, ProSource will meet and exceed all of your expectations.
Our goal is to improve our clients profits while providing our employees with unique and rewarding employment opportunities. We aim to be the highest-quality provider to each niche sector we service, through integrity, competence, innovation, and execution.
We are dedicated to attracting, engaging, and retaining talent through a culture that nurtures success, develops careers, encourages communication, and honors all commitments. Commitment to our customers, employees, and strategic partners is the foundation of our mission.
We will honor our commitments by putting ethics and morals first. We will work hard to deliver exceptional customer service.
Life at ProSource Staffing: Our Culture
Our integrity is a critical asset, and we are committed to upholding it.
We cherish our company, and represent it with honor.
We set high standards, and we abide by them as we practice business fairly and behave ethically. We share our expectations with each other and strive to maintain a workplace built on mutual values, trust and goodwill.
We thrive on challenges, viewing them as an invitation to success.
A true team, we work together to routinely please our customers, surpass our record achievements, and drive our organization to greater success.
Territory Sales Manager - Hvac Distributor Territory S
Aireco Supply is looking for an HVAC Wholesale Territory Manager / Sales Representative for the Northern Virginia area.
We are seeking applicants who are energetic, self-motivated, independent decision makers and demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Demonstrated understanding and application of effective sales strategies and techniques.
Develop territory plan and goals in partnership with Sales Manager, Branch Manager and inside sales team.
The ability and skill to grow business while maintaining margin targets.
Ability to successfully position products and services as a strategic advantage to customers.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
Good communication skills (build trust)
Successful past job history combined with education
No consistent turnover
Viable references (Job related)
Customer Oriented Job History
Positive/ approachable/ personal
Good work ethic
Persistent in pursuit of established goals
Today Aireco has 38 branch locations, conveniently located throughout the Metro Baltimore/Washington/Virginia area. With 250 product lines, 20,000 items, knowledgeable sales personnel, extensive customer training and much more, Aireco is committed to being a full service HVAC/R supplier to their valued customers
Commercial Door Distributor Project Engineer
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our team! You will be responsible for assisting in the daily duties of a senior project manager.
- Assist in bidding and estimating projects
- Coordination of multiple projects simultaneously
- Create and process project submittals, closeout documents and other reports as needed
- Communicate with vendors to obtain pricing, lead times and product information
- Answer phone calls and direct accordingly
- Provide administrative and technical support to estimating, engineering, and project management teams
- Willing to work
- Willing to learn and grow
- Deadline and detail-oriented
With our experienced personnel, Warnock Hersey-Certified fabrication facility and decades of industry experience and knowledge, we can service any size project.
We make certain that each project meets building fire and life-safety codes while working with our customers to make sure they get exactly what they need.
All of us at Architectural Hardware & Supply Company are committed to customer service, first-rate products and close working relationships with our customers and vendors.
Distributor Manager Dbc, Southern CT
58151BR Reporting Location:
Sales North America State/Province:
Type of Job:
Purpose: Ensures excellence in the planning and execution of Market growth and profit in alignment with company business performance objectives for the Diageo Beer Company. This is primarily achieved through effectively leading, planning, directing, motivating, training and measuring our 3 distributors in Western CT, that covers Fairfield, New Haven & Litchfield Counties.
Reports to the New England Region Sales Director
This is role is to be based out of the Diageo Norwalk Office
Complexity of Role: Role oversees two SEALS that cover both the On & Off Premise while also responsible for managing Three CT distributors: Star Distributing, Gallo Distributing and G&G Beverage.
Lead the planning of the Diageo National Execution Plan (NEP) via wholesaler execution against Quarterly & Monthly business Targets
Ensure all tools are in place to support attainment of goals.
Clearly communicates goals, and then allow distributor/broker to achieve and be responsible for end results.
Has constructive conversations with distributor when performance is off track to ensure that we are building long term capabilities at the distributor. Key Outputs/Deliverables: Sales Performance: Responsible for:
Delivering FY18 AOP on the Beer portfolio
Reporting/management against KPI’s
Communicate monthly program calendar to distributor sales force.
AOP involvement – provide information on local market volume goals, pricing development, tactical marketing budget development. Risk Management. Gap closing programs when needed.
Ensure excellent retail execution is being achieved in key Off Premise & On Premise accounts
Provide insights into the local market activities to Sales Director
Provide input into the finance responsibilities such as price structures, margin negotiations/ A&P, Price increases & decreases if applicable. Distributor Performance:
Review sales and marketplace assessments and ensure on track for performance.
Pull together all national selling material/tools/resources for distributor sales meetings and programming.
Work with marketing manager to plan development/execution metrics for marketing activities with the distributors.
Execute Monthly distributor review Meetings to ensure alignment on all programs & goals
Build sales competencies & Create strong working relationships
Financial Responsibility: Provides information into the following:
Own P&L for Western CT
Responsible for approximately 260,000 cases
Deliver agreed-upon ABP depletion targets, NSV & Profit Targets
Deliver shipments based on contractual DSI obligations
Manage trade A&P and trade price budgets for the defined area based on agreed-upon rate per case
Negotiate and maximize Beer & PAB wholesaler investment and evaluate impact of local activity
Develop and identify sales forecasts and budgets using historical data, trends and investments levels
Extensive Commercial experience in Beer or Spirits.
Well-developed financial acumen, with previous ownership of pricing and budgets.
Sales Management Experience including exposure to line and national/key accounts roles.
Strong knowledge of Distributor Operations.
Insight and understanding with both On and Off Trade.
Experience managing across multiple functions and distributors
Proven track record of delivering outstanding results
Engage, influence, and coordinate wholesalers who have different strategic initiatives
Able to manage and succeed in a highly visible and fast past market
Strong influencing, negotiation skills. Proven track record for collaborating and holding other departments accountable for performance.
External Job Title: Distributor Manager DBC, Southern CT Town/City:
Norwalk EEOC Statement (Only for US Users. For other markets, please leave blank): Diageo is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. Diageo does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, Protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. Diageo also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.
Distributor Truck Operator
Company Overview: Barnhill Contracting Company’s success is built on the values, principles and vision of the man – Robert E. Barnhill, Sr. – whose name we proudly bear. Robert Barnhill built this company on a foundational belief that there is power in people. He was a motivator. A hard worker. A leader of leaders. His passion for people and his firm belief in the Golden Rule – treating others as you want to be treated – still drive us today. We are firm, flexible and honest. We do the right thing, every single time. We empower our leaders in the field to be decision makers. We are easy to work with – a core philosophy that is both intentional and deliberate. One that requires discipline. Grit. All of these qualities, along with our founder’s vision, have helped grow Barnhill Contracting Company into one of the Southeast’s leading contractors. Our success is built from the dedicated service of each and every one of our employees. Construction is hard work – long hours and immense pressure to meet critical deadlines – and we are proud to employ the most talented group of people in the industry. When you join the Barnhill team, you become part of the Barnhill Family.
Operate an asphalt distributor truck to lay down coat of tack in front of or in conjunction with asphalt paving operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Operating a distributor truck on an asphalt lay down crew.
Must be able to perform pre-trip inspection of truck.
Must be able to lay down the required amount of tack by the truck spreader bar or us the hand held tack wand from time to time.
May perform other duties or operate other types of paving equipment Minimum Qualifications & Training:
One year experience but will train.
Must have a minimum of a CDL ClassB/Tanker and Hazmat Endorsements
Valid Medical Card.
Ability to abide by precise instructions and strict buy necessary safety rules and policies. Tasks Essential to Job Functions:
Standing and walking required.
Ability to work long periods of time in elevated temperatures due to weather and materials.
Ability to operate equipment at recommended speeds and peaks of operation.
Must be productive during each shift and be willing to meet the goals that are set.
Visual activity - ability to work safely in traffic and to know surroundings while tacking. What We Offer:
Choice of Health Insurance options (BCBSNC)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off + 401(k)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Corporate Chaplains of America
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!