Dock Hand Job Description Sample
Why work at Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry?
- Imagine…getting to see the sun set and rise from the best spot in town.
- Welcoming new and repeat customers and showing off what you have to offer them…the beauty of the surroundings, the events and the experience.
- Belonging to a team that is solely dedicated to first class customer service.
- Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry gives you the chance to enjoy the outdoors in the Michigan summer and get paid while doing it.
- If you are an outgoing, customer oriented, energetic person looking to work in a fun atmosphere, we welcome you to apply for one of the positions below.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Welcome guests in a manner which expresses a kind, courteous and professional character.
- Efficiently load, unload and tag all luggage.
- Dissemination of guest information and dock area maintenance.
- Ensure docks, equipment and facilities are operational at all times.
- Assist and and transport guests at hotels and campgrounds.
- Inspect docked vessels such as dock lines, electrical cords, and fenders to ensure safety.
- Valet guest vehicles and ensuring a clean shuttle for transport.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must obtain a current Chauffeur’s license or CDL for this position.
- Unlimited or unimpaired ability to walk, bend, stoop, climb and work safely around water, on a ladder or in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to use a computer and radio.
- Skilled in the use of a golf cart or other motorized vehicle.
- Ability to operate small hand held and power tools.
All applicants must possess the following skills:
- Assists customers effectively by solving customer disputes
- Provides customer additional information or explains services
- Discusses products offered and ensures customer satisfaction
- Tactfully handles confrontational or stressful interactions with the public
- Completes supporting paperwork and data entry as required
- Accurately captures customer information
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Handles personal information appropriately
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills
Star Line Ferry was started by Tom Pfeiffelmann, Sam McIntire, and others in the late 1970s. They purchased Argosy Boat Line. The company was then renamed Star Line after the 5 original stockholders making up a 5 pointed star. At that time they operated slower ferries including the Nicolet, Treasure Islander and Flamingo.
In 1979 Star Line bought their first fast ferry, Marquette. Over the next few years the old LaSalle and Nicolet were replaced with sisters to the Marquette. In 1987 Star Line decided to take it up a notch with Radisson, an 85-foot fast ferry which was modeled after a luxury yacht.
In time the LaSalle, Nicolet, and Marquette also added hydro-jets with their trade mark rooster tails. In 1990 Star Line added Cadillac and in 1993 added Joliet. These boats were built in the style of the Radisson. In 2005, Marquette was sold to Davis Park Marine of Patchogue, NY. She was replaced by the larger Marquette II. And in 2006, Nicolet was also sold to Davis Park Marine.
Summer '18 Dock Hand
Come live and work at Crater Lake! We are actively seeking candidates for our Summer 2018 Team who are looking to take a break from the daily grind and step into the peaceful environment of one of the world's oldest national parks. Our operation features 2 separate areas within the Park
- Rim Village and Mazama Village. We have 3 dining facilities, 3 retail outlets, a campground, cabins, and lodge. Our daily boat tours are the highlight of our guests' visits. Southern Oregon offers diverse recreational opportunities for your days off - we have deserts, rainforests, mountains, marshes, and the Pacific Ocean is only a few hours away. Of course, the gem of the entire region is Crater Lake!
The Dock Hands perform two primary functions among their other duties: 1. Serve Crater Lake's guests by providing information and processing boat tour ticket sales at the Cleetwood Cove Ticket Shack located at the Cleetwood Cove parking lot. 2. Assisting the Captains with the boarding and departing of Crater Lake's guests on and off of the boats. Please note that this is not a "DECK Hand" position. Essential Duties and
Cooperates as part of Boat Department team to ensure quality service is provided for entire guest experience from arrival at Cleetwood Cove Parking Lot to the end of their excursion.
Sells and/or collects boat tour tickets using the point of sale system. Ensures that tours are not overbooked.
Follows all cash handling procedures per Accounting policies. Responsible for a cash bank. Follows all payment processing procedures to ensure accounting accuracy.
Has, or obtains upon arrival, knowledge of Crater Lake National Park and all of its facilities and activities to ensure information passed to guests is informative and accurate.
Follows all NPS lost and found policies at all times.
Follows all PCI compliance guidelines and policies. Protects guest confidentiality at all times, including any information that may be used to access guest internet.
Actively participates in refueling, restocking, and cleaning of all areas of Boat Department, including guest restroom facilities at Cleetwood Cove.
Maintains positive and professional communications at all times, with all persons, face-to-face, via phone, via email, and via radio.
Answers phones and radio in specific timeframe; follow guidelines and uses correct greetings and etiquette.
Documents any guest complaints or incidents on appropriate forms.
Reports to the Manager regarding customer service needs. Ensures that all complaints are addressed immediately and rectified prior to the guest leaving Crater Lake.
Assists with all pre-season set-up duties to ensure timely start of tour season.
Assists with all post-season closing duties to ensure all supplies and equipment are properly maintained and stored for winter.
Participates in any training as required by the Company, the United States Coast Guard (USCG), or National Park Service (NPS).
Monitors loading and unloading of passengers and supplies to ensure safety at all times.
Maintains positive relationship and open communications with Boat Captains to ensure safety and success of Boat Department at all times.
Follows all watercraft-related instructions as delegated by Boat Captains to ensure safety and compliance per USCG regulations at all times.
Inspects ticket shack and other worksites and equipment at the start of, and throughout, workday to ensure safety and compliance.
Opens and closes gates and ramps, pulls guard chain across entries as requested by Boat Captains.
Handles lines, ropes, or cables to tie and untie boats from the bulkhead as requested by Boat Captains.
Acts as the secondary eyes and ears of public safety for the operation.
Cares for tools and equipment as assigned including keeping the boats, dock, storage areas, van, ticket shack, and other areas clean and free of debris.
Reports all incidents immediately to Boat Manager, General Manager, or Assistant General Manager. Follows all incident reporting procedures per Company, USCG, and NPS policies. Submits to post-incident drug test.
Performs all duties with respect to the Company’s Core Values, Mission Statement, and guest service standards.
Develops and maintains positive relationship with all NPS personnel including step-on interpretive guides, volunteer personnel, and law enforcement.
Performs all duties with consideration to the Company’s environmental commitment, especially as they pertain to Crater Lake’s pristine waters.
Adheres to Company uniform and appearance standards at all times.
Performs all duties in a safety conscious manner. Maintains a safe work environment. Reports all safety issues or potentially hazardous situations to the Boat Manager or Assistant General Manager in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned with positivity and professionalism. Supervisory
None. Qualifications, Experience, Physical Demands:
Prior experience in seasonal hospitality, especially National Park(s), preferred.
First Aid and CPR required.
Previous experience in guest service environment highly preferred.
Ability to remain positive, enthusiastic, and upbeat, especially at peak business times and during times of stress required. Must be a “people person”.
Ability to communicate effectively and accurately in a diverse environment.
Demonstrated ability to work in an organized, detail-oriented, accurate, efficient, and personable manner at all times.
Ability to remain flexible and teamwork-oriented.
Due to the isolated and remote location of Cleetwood Cove, Dock Hands may be required to drive a Company vehicle to the worksite. Experience driving in mountainous terrain and in adverse weather conditions preferred. Valid US drivers’s license with good driving record required. Successful completion of Company’s Defensive Driving class and written exam required.
Ability to work productively and reliably while unsupervised required.
Physically able to: hike 1.1 miles each way on a steep and rocky trail to and from the worksite, repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds per workday, perform all duties in various weather conditions including intense sun exposure and cool temperatures for up to 12-15 hours per workday. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veterans Requisition ID: 2017-14721 External Company Name: Xanterra Leisure Holding, LLC External Company URL: www.xanterra.com
Dock Hand - Everglades National Park
Do you like fresh air and a picturesque environment? Do you have marina experience to include National Parks, retail and recreation? If so this position is for you!
Guest Services, Inc. and Boating In is hiring Dock Hands for our site in the Everglades National Park - Flamingo.
We are looking for customer oriented, marine experienced Dockhands. You will Assist with dock maintenance and up keep, perform marina service and serve as dockhand.
The Dockhand is responsible for assisting with marina maintenance duties and repairs.
- Inspecting, maintaining, repairing Marina docks, equipment, grounds.
- Conducting inventory of parts/supplies needed for dock maintenance.
- Check dock lines and utility connections on a daily basis or as requested.
- Performing fuel dock attendant tasks as needed.
- Assisting boaters with docking procedures.
- Assistance as required in general Marina house cleaning, maintenance and repairs (alertness for safety related repairs or needs, essential).
- Assistance as assigned in hurricane or storm preparation.
- Know applications of radio, hurricane, storm, fire, first aid, freeze and oil spill procedures.
- Assistance with retail inventories as needed.
- Respond to boaters hailing the marina on the radio; directing those to appropriate locations (e.g., fuel dock, slip assignment, etc.).
- Knowledge of Marina dockage rates
- Knowledge of Marina regulations and enforcement procedures
- Must be responsible individuals who will present themselves well to the boaters since they will have the most contact with the boaters and public.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Marina Management.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Ability to swim or willingness to wear PFD; comfortable around water.
- Pleasant personality and ability to get along with customers, co-workers and harbor officers.
- Experience with the following hand/power tools preferred: drill; saw (hand, table, reciprocating); planer
- Experience with carpentry, plumbing and electrical preferred.
- Experience with fiberglass and painting work desired.
- Prospective employees should be responsible self-starters with attention to detail and safety in mind.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Working in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently working in an outdoor, hot, and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in outdoor environments and inclement weather.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- All dock equipment and materials (gas pump, boats, ropes, anchors, among others).
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or protected Veteran status.
Occupational Therapist/Certified Hand Therapist- Hand Therapist In Roseville, MN
Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy.
Must hold specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy.
National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
Minimum of two years experience in application of custom splinting pre and post-op orthopedic required.
Minimum two years in adult rehabilitation; hand and splinting experience required.
Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Valid state driver’s license. ID: 62229 Street 2: 1835 W Country Rd, Ste 60 External Company URL: www.selectmedical.com
Clinical Director - Certified Hand Therapist
Graduate from an accredited college with an AOTA curriculum.
CHT certification preferred with ASHT membership.
At least 2 years of hand and shoulder rehabilitation experience required.
Previous staff supervisory responsibility, preferably in an outpatient orthopedic clinic setting.
Current state of Massachusetts license, CPR certification.
Competency in static and dynamic orthotic fabrication
Outgoing and energetic personality.
Ability to market the clinic. We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary plus an individual incentive plan, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, life and a 401(k) plan, in addition to other outstanding benefits such as continuing education reimbursement and Paid Time Off. Please submit resumes directly to: email@example.com or fax to 713-430-4021. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ID: 2017-13340 External Company Name: U.S. Physical Therapy External Company URL: www.usph.com
Hand Therapist - Physical Or Occupational Therapist
- Physical or Occupational TherapistTucson, AZ Apply Save Type:Direct-Hire Category:Healthcare Job ID:76682 Date Posted:01/16/2018 One of the nation’s leading providers of hand therapy services has a Full Time PERM Hand Therapy position open in the Tucson, AZ area. The position is interviewing now for an ASAP start. Here are the details:
Full Time PERM Hand Therapy Position (PT or OT)
- Physician-Based Practice
Location: Tucson, AZ area
CHT preferred but will consider clinicians on a CHT career path + 4+ years splinting and upper extremity experience
One-on-One Patient Care
Incentive Plans / Paid Time Off / Flexible Schedule / Health, Dental,Vision / 401K / Disability, etc. I’ve specialized exclusively in securing quality Full Time Perm PT, OT, SLP positions nationwide for over a decade. I would love to help, thank you! Apply Save
Hand Therapist (Ot) - Carolinas Rehabilitation Gateway
Hand Therapist (OT) - Carolinas Rehabilitation Gateway Apply now » Date: Jan 18, 2018 Location:
Concord, NC, US, 28025 Company: Carolinas HealthCare System Job Req ID: 147798 Position Number: 00160653 Employment Type: Full Time Shift:
Variable/On Call Shift Details: M-F, flexible schedule, normal business hours Standard Hours: 40.00 Department Name: Carolinas Rehab Gateway Location:
Carolinas Rehabilitation NPB Location Details: Job Summary Provides patient evaluation and care planning. Delivers patient care appropriate to age specific and other population needs under the plan and supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist (OT). Provides clinical leadership. Essential Functions
Assesses and documents patient's medical, mental and emotional needs at admission and on an on-going basis.
Develops and implements a plan of care to meet patient and family needs, to include discharge planning and utilization of available resources.
Acts as patient advocate; treats patients and families with compassion and implements plan of care in a safe and timely manner.
Demonstrates clinical reasoning, coupled with clinical skills to conduct accurate clinical assessments and perform patient care activities; evaluates effectiveness of therapy interventions, identifies and prioritizes patient/family strengths, needs and priorities.
Identifies the normal course of illness in assigned patient population recognizing and intervening appropriately when deviations occur.
Communicates patient information and thoroughly documents therapist's actions and plan of care.
Provides clinical leadership and mentoring. Physical Requirements Requires ability to hear (corrected) and have vision (corrected). Requires ability to push patients in a wheelchair or stretcher.
Requires lifting up to 20 lbs. frequently, 50 lbs. occasionally, and 100 lbs. infrequently. Requires sitting, standing, and, walking. Requires ability to climb stairs, kneel, twist, bend, crouch, crawl and reach overhead.
Requires ability to transfer patients and demonstrate appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals, blood, and body fluids. Education, Experience and Certifications Bachelors Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited Occupational Therapy program required.
NC license for OT required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations. As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: J2W:INDEED Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions.
Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
JOB TITLE: Shop Hand ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILTIES Help production and/or maintenance workers by performing duties of lesser skill. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment. · Clean shop area, parking area, around the shop (trash, debris, etc.) · Operate machinery or assist machine operators. · Assist with duties related to the work environment · Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards. · Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions. · Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists. · Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete. · Mark or tag identification on parts. · Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES · Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and equipment. · Clean and lubricate equipment · Record information such as the number of products tested, meter readings, and dates and times of product production · Clean shop area, parking area, around the shop (trash, debris, etc.) QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS · High School or GED preferred, previous shop experience preferred. · Valid Driver's License required. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S. , was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information. D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for aRanch Handfor their Ranch Department. The right candidate willattendto livestock such as cattle, sheep, swine, and goats on farm. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Mixes feed and additives, fills feed troughs with feed, and waters livestock
Herds livestock to pasture for grazing
Examines animals to detect diseases and injuries
Vaccinates animals by placing vaccine in drinking water or feed or using syringes and hypodermic needles
Applies medications to cuts and bruises, sprays livestock with insecticide, and herds them into insecticide bath
Confines livestock in stalls, washes and clips them to prepare them for calving, and assists Veterinarian in delivery of offspring
Binds or clamps testes or surgically removes testes to castrate livestock
Clips identifying notches or symbols on animal or brands animal with branding iron to indicate ownership
Clamps metal rings into nostrils of livestock to permit easier handling and prevent rooting
Grooms, clips, and trims animals for exhibition
Cleans livestock stalls and sheds
Maintains ranch buildings and equipment
Plants, cultivates, and harvests feed grain for stock
Maintains breeding, feeding, and cost records Education and/or Experience One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental./Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,America's Builder./
The purpose of the Yard Hand is to support the needs of the shop in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment clean and organized in order to provide our field staff reliability, consistency and the highest standards possible. This individual is knowledgeable of heavy equipment and construction equipment. Work is performed inside in a warehouse environment and outside with regularly fluctuating temperatures. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist in Cleaning, maintaining and organizing equipment, construction equipment, and various pieces of machinery
Load and unload equipment and parts deliveries
Checks in equipment from rental or for maintenance
Move equipment or machinery as directed around yard.
Maintains work area and yard area in an organized manner
Assists with service and maintenance record keeping
Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
Performs all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner Desired Skills and Experience:
High school diploma and/or GED + 1 - 2 years general labor experience, preferably in construction equipment, rental, or light industrial industries
General knowledge of gas and diesel engines, assorted tools, power equipment and various machine layouts
Understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
Ability to operate large, heavy machinery and handle assorted tools properly and safely (preferred)
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear. This position requires a significant amount of time standing and walking.
Noise level in working environment can be moderate to high
Background check and pre-employment drug testing required
Personal appearance must be neat and clean
Certain positions require a valid driver's license and ability to meet requirements of the Company Driver Policy; the Company will review motor vehicle records annually for all employees for whom driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function or when employees must obtain and drive vehicles during the course of conducting company business 3S Services, LLC offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. 3S Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. 3S Services, LLC does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!