Dog Groomer Job Description Sample
Dog Groomer - Full Time
Perfect Pooch is seeking a professional pet groomer for a full-time position in King of Prussia, PA. Our facility offers daycare, boarding, training, alongside grooming, and has been operating since 2003.
This position requires an enthusiastic approach to dog grooming and care with humane treatment of all dogs at all times. The facility sees hundreds of dogs each week with plenty of opportunity for the grooming business to grow and develop past our current client base. Any grooming candidate should have 3+ years experience with any and all grooming styles and cuts for various breeds.
There is strong potential for growth for talented and motivated individuals. Professional grooming at 3+ years experience is required along with the candidates possession of grooming tools. The facility provides the necessary equipment, space, and shampoos. This position requires client interactions as well and the groomer will be expected to communicate effectively with clients and staff.
- Completion of a grooming academy or apprenticeship.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Can work with limited supervision
- Complete understanding of common grooming tools, equipment, and procedures
- Ability to take direction easily and work within a management structure
Additional Skills/Qualifications to be Considered:
- NDGAA, IPG, or ISCC certifications
- Portfolio of prior grooms or client references
- Strong interest in continued education
Compensation: commission based salary.
Apprentice Dog Groomer
Apprentice Dog Groomer needed - Unique opportunity to learn the business of grooming dogs and cats. No grooming experience required - any experience working with animals qualifies for training! Well established grooming service in the Orlando area and known for providing high quality service. A true love for animals and a desire to please their owners wins! This is a permanent career position with a very reputable company!
- Washing and grooming / clipping dogs and cats
- Complete Ear and Nail care
- Discussing grooming needs with pet owners and providing true customer service
- No fear of animals
- Ability to lift - physical job
- Good driving record
- Desire to learn all areas of grooming and for long term employment!
4 Pawz Only is a locally owned dog salon with boarding, daycare, grooming and training services. Our business and our customer base is growing rapidly.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate dog groomer for our dog salon! We are interested in both full-time and part-time groomers. This is an excellent opportunity to increase your potential earnings because of our growing client base.
We encourage you to come in and visit us at 1830 45th
St. Munster, IN!Salary:
Check out our website: www.4pawzonly.com
The Dog Stop ® is in need of enthusiastic groomers. Grooming is offered seven days a week, so weekends are a requirement, and applicants should be willing to work 4-5 days per week. We offer 50% commission on all grooming services, paid time off, and 401k benefits.
- Full Nose-to-Tail Makeovers (this includes bath, nail trims, and full body cuts) for all breeds
- Walk-in nail trims and gland expressions
- Baths for all size dogs
- Customer relations – develop relationships with clientele and their dogs.
- You should be able to explain to customers the best cut/grooming option for each dog.
- Managing busy grooming schedules and communicating progress to receptionists and clients.
- Maintaining a clean grooming room
- Keep track of inventory
- Upkeep grooming tools
- Organize and update client profiles
- At least three years of grooming experience with a wide variety of sizes and breeds of dogs
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and professionally with owners
- Responsible with extreme attention to detail
- Strong work ethіс
- Up-beat, enthusiastic personality Must love dogs!
Please respond with your résumé, three professional references, and a paragraph explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team. If you have a grooming portfolio displaying your skill, please share this with us as well.
Does your dog have a closet full of clothes? Is your cat so cool he needs to wear shades? We call that "petcentricity!" If you enjoy making pets look adorable and smell irresistible, then come work in our neighborhood! As a Groomer at Pet Supplies Plus, you're pawsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will:
- Get nose kisses from a neighbor's wet golden retriever
- See excitement and opportunity when you look into a shih tzu's ear canal
- Make a former shelter resident look like a dashing, dapper schnauzer again
- Help a terrier look like a poodle because that's what the neighbor asked for
- Trim a chihuahua's nails, because your customers come in all shapes and sizes (and species!)
...all while engaging with our neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you a superhero with a flea comb and a slicker brush? No, you are more than that. You are PAWesome!
Groomer key responsibilities include:
- Delighting neighbors and pets with grooming services, like brushing, bathing, and conditioning
- Groom and style pets per owners' instruction and/or according to breed standards
- Ensure the wellness and safety of furry patrons at all times
- Develop long-term relationships with pet parents by understanding their needs and recommending products and services that will keep their pet healthy and happy
- Community outreach to attract new neighbors into our store
- Perform routine cleaning to keep the grooming environment fun and inviting
- Assist store team members during grooming downtime
- Successful completion of Safety, Bather/Brusher and Grooming Academy training certification
PAWsome Groomers will have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Have 1 year or more of grooming experience with formal training certification and/or experience under an established certified groomer.
- 1 year experience in retail or other service industry where they've provided top notch service
- Ability to move or lift merchandise, equipment or pets weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand, bend or stoop for extended periods of time
- Ability to be flexible in working evenings, weekends and holidays. All candidates must pass the drug, background and validated selection test, and be 18 years or older.
Call (847) 868-8331
Dogtopia of Elsmere
Busy dog daycare, boarding and grooming facility seeking a detail oriented, professional groomer immediately!
About us: Dogtopia is for dog lovers! We are committed to the highest quality of care for our furry friends. We are a very busy family-owned Dogtopia franchise location. Dogtopia of Elsmere opened in 2012. We have built a large clientele base and are ready to bring on an additional groomer to help meet the demand! If you don't believe us, feel free to check out our reviews on Google, Yelp or Facebook!
Who we are looking for: The best candidates would have at least three years of professional dog grooming experience, are detailed oriented, have an unconditional love for animals, lots of patience for our furry friends, and a great attitude!
Pay & benefits: Commission (50% of each groom) + tips, W-2 employee of Dogtopia, flexible scheduling (weekends not required!) and free daycare for your pup while you work!
How to apply: Send your resume to email@example.com or apply via our website, https://www.dogtopia.com/career-inquiries/
Must have experience grooming Customer service Cleaning work area Front end sales Pick up and drop off animals at customers request 1) Combs, clips, trims, and shapes dogs' coats to groom dogs, using knowledge of canine characteristics and grooming techniques and styles: Reads written or receives oral instructions to determine clipping pattern desired. 2) Places dog on grooming table and fits grooming collar on dog to hold animal to table. 3) Studies proportions of dog to determine most appropriate cutting pattern to achieve desired style. 4) Clips dog's hair according to determined pattern, using electric clippers, comb, and barber's shears. 5) Combs and shapes dog's coat. 6) Talks to dog or uses other techniques to calm animal. Other duties as requested
Tesslan Dog Spa is looking for a Finishing Dog Groomer
We are seeking an experienced dog groomer thats willing to share their talent along with learning the Tesslan Dog Spa Brand. We are looking to hire a qualified candidate for our Bellevue Washington location.
The duties involves meeting with clients to discuss their pet's specific needs and recommending just the right grooming cut and service.
Candidates must be:
1. Knowledgeable of different breeds of dogs
2. Apply the appropriate methods for grooming a dog and mindful of time needed to complete services.
3. Cleaning work areas
4. Team Player
This position is a groomer position. Groomers will receive 7to 9 dogs daily after the dog has been bathe and brush, and nails trimmed by the prepping tech.
Candidates must be able to provide a creative cut as specified by customer.
Candidates must have\do:
Two years of grooming experience
Follow our grooming standards, policies and protocols
Manage time effectively
Highly motivated, energetic, customer service oriented with a passion for pets
Excellent communication skills and meet client's expectations
Able to provide courteous service, asking questions to ensure client satisfaction
Able to chart customers grooming requests
Able to recognized dog breeds and the appropriated cut for the breed
Work flexible hours, including some Saturdays
Work independently as well as with a team
Do call reminders for appointments.
Contact customers to pick up their dogs 30 minutes before finishing their grooming.
Clean the work grooming area and keep your equipment organized.
Passion to drive the business, representing our shop with professionalism and integerity
We do not create our customer's dogs
We have been voted best Dog Grooming location
Our Professional Dog Groomers are responsible for cleaning and taking care of a dog hygienically. A dog groomer will help in decreasing the chances of a dog having health problems by checking for swelling, cuts, heat, changes in temperament, parasites on the skin, and thrush. The dog groomer provides services like nail clipping, bathing, hair removal and even creative grooming services such as coloring the dog's fur and painting the dog's nails.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Providing high quality grooming services with little supervision
- Communicating directly with clients before appointment to learn specific instructions
- Communicating directly with clients after all services to gain feedback
- Communicating all issues with clients and Shift Supervisors that could affect the care, health, and behavior of the dog
- Documenting notes in our computer system
- Supervising and developing Bathers
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the grooming room
- Maintaining the operation of the grooming equipment
- Ensuring that equipment is clean and in good working order
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Bed & Biscuit is in need of an energetic, motivated dog groomer to help with our growing grooming business.
Applicants must have solid experience (minimum 2 years or completion of an intensive grooming school program) and provide a portfolio of their work. Must be personable, professional, and great at interacting with human owners as well as canine clients.
Ability to work as part of a team an absolute must.
Flexible schedule options - we are ready to book you grooms today!
Please respond to this post with a cover letter, resume, and, if possible, a link to an online portfolio. If you do not have a portfolio online, please be prepared to bring it with you should we schedule an interview.
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!