Dog Licenser Job Description Sample
Explosive Detection Dog Handler
This position will cover various contracts and various locations OCONUS and CONUS Responsibilities Provide on and off compound detection of explosive materials Perform daily maintenance training (i.e., performance and explosives detection) and maintain training records for assigned detection dogs Maintain the day-to-day health and welfare of assigned detection dogs Maintain all assigned canine-related equipment Perform basic canine emergency first-aid as needed. Qualifications Valid issued passport and current driver's license Must possess a Canine Handler certification or equivalent national/state/provincial military or law enforcement certification as a working dog handler. Must possess a minimum of one (1) year experience as a military or law enforcement dog handler Must possess a minimum of one (1) additional year of security-related experience Experience may be gained in the employ of any national, state, provincial, local, or commercial entities Must attend and successfully complete required training Qualify with the required weapons per contract if required Obtain and maintain a personnel security clearance if required Complete the Physical Readiness Test and maintain that fitness level for the duration of deployment per contract if required Possess no impediments to traveling overseas to and within countries that are considered dangerous or unhealthy in general, or to the country or countries assigned in the applicable task order in specific.
Professional Dog Groomer
Seeking a professionally skilled dog groomer to work in a busy salon in Ramsey, NJ. Must have minimum of 1-2 years experience with grooming all breeds of dogs and must have knowledge of or familiarity with all breed standards. Must have scissoring experience. Extensive and established client base serving much of Bergen County. Additional skills include excellent customer service skills. Commission based compensation. Full-time or Part-time positions available.
DOG Groomer (House Call)
Our Pets are our babies so their wellbeing is very important to us as a family.
We’re looking for a house call experienced dog groomer to come by twice a month to care for our 4 dogs.
· hygienic care and cleaning of a dogs
· Shampoo, Condition & Blow-dry
· Nail Trim, Ear, Brush, Scent Spritz
· Checking for lumps and sores
· Must be a dog lover
· Honest & reliable
Westside Dogs LA Is Looking For Dog Walkers
Westside Dogs LA is looking for Part-Time Professional Dog Walkers to join our team!
We pride ourselves on providing a high level of services to our clients by providing an excellent presentation and communication skills, and would love for you to contribute to this excellence!
Candidate Requirements include:
· Love of dogs and have experience working with them, including being comfortable with all breeds and sizes!
· Understanding the client's needs and preferences with a commitment to providing a superior level of care.
· Flexible schedule, including being available for assignments Monday through Friday, Weekends & Holidays
· Must live on the Westside! (Marina Del Rey/Playa Vista/Santa Monica/Culver City, etc.)
· Have a valid California Drivers License and own a reliable vehicle, including current registration, safety checks & auto insurance *Mileage is refundable, that's right!*
· U.S. Citizen with clean criminal background
Already meet all of these?Awesome!Here are some of our preferences:
· Commit to the position for 3 months
· Interested in boarding? You've got us excited already!
Fit all of these requirements?We knew you did!
Apply and include your previous pet care experience today!
We're excited to hear from you!
*Not currently accepting phone calls; please apply online.
*All potential applicants will be screened for a background check.
*All staff are required to sign a non-compete letter.
Ruff Day Resort (1999 Empire Blvd) is looking for a mature, responsible person who would like to work part time with dogs and their people.
This is a Part –time position with as little as 10 hours a week or as many as 25. Advancement opportunities and or perks will be given to the right individual.
Dependability and high energy are a must. Flexibility is also required as days and hours will change due to the number of dogs on schedule. You must be able to work some weekends and holidays in addition to weekday shifts.
If you do not have a genuine love towards dogs, this is not the place for you. It is physically demanding and mentally challenging. We are seeking someone who is mature enough to understand and accept the responsibility of caring for peoples
We spend a lot of time cleaning up after dogs. This involves but is not limited to handling a lot of poop, pee, mud, snow and or rain. Dogs have to be fed the right food and given the right medications. You will need to be organized and be able to remember who gets what and what dog belongs to which client.
You will have to remember all of the dog's names and behavioral issues. You will be on your feet for the majority of your shift. Additionally, you will be outside in the weather just like the dogs.
Applicants must have a valid drivers license and their own car.
Interested applicants should visit our website www.ruffdayresort.com
You may also email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time experienced dog trainer wanted to teach 1-2 nights per week
Skilled at teaching obedience training skills including Puppy Kindergarten, Basic Obedience, and Advanced Obedience.
Canine Good Citizen instructor a plus but not required!
Must be available evenings and weekends.
Eligible for immediate employee discounts on pet lodging, grooming, doggy day care, and retail products
We have a fully developed training programs called Headwater's Canine Training. We offer: Puppy Kindergarten, Basic Manners, Mutt Maintenance, and several specialty classes.
Employees of Stone Mountain Pet Lodge enjoy discounts on lodging, day care, retail products, and grooming services.
Puget Sound Puppers are currently looking for Part-Time Dog Walkers in the Greater Seattle Area* who are committed to giving the gold standard service to each individual dog.
*Special consideration will be given to those who can regularly commute to our West Seattle clients*
Work For Us:
We trust our tight-knit family of Team Members to give our clients the best, individualized pet care and ongoing training for our family of clients. We thoroughly train every Team Member on science-based positive reinforcement. We believe that our Walkers should be compensated with competitive hourly wages (including commute times!), proper gear and equipment. We are a small company with a very responsive management team to aid in the success of our employees and clients!
Learn more about us on our website at pugetsoundpuppers.com
- Tailor every 30-60 minute appointment to meet the physical activity needs and/or limitations of each dog
- Safely drive to each client’s place of residence
- Address behavioral issues with our Pupper clients using humane, reward-based training methods
- Communicate with human clients using a tone that is professional and conveys warmth
- Change the world, one Pupper at a time.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be available from approximately 11am-1pm, Monday through Friday
- Be comfortable standing and walking (occasionally up and down hills and stairs) for up to 4 hours at a time
- Meet the physical challenges of working with dogs that can lunge, pull, and jump
- Own a smartphone and display proficiency in using it
- Own a reliable motorized vehicle (car, scooter, or motorcycle) and have proof of insurance
- Have an attitude that always strives to improve performance and increase understanding of dog behavior and other areas of knowledge associated with the duties of the job
- Starting rate is negotiable.
- Employees start with 10 hours of work per week
- Additional hours will be determined by availability, flexibility in areas covered, overall proficiency in execution of the accountabilities of the job, and client demand.
We are eager to meet you! Apply by completing our application questionnaire at: http://pugetsoundpuppers.com/dog-walker/
The hiring process also involves a background check regarding conviction and arrest records in compliance with Seattle's Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, SMC 14.17. Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
Manager - Dog Daycare
Bring your dog to work and enjoy the joyful interaction with other dog parents.
We are the top doggie daycare in Baltimore.
Located in the Fed Hill/Locust Point area.
Salary is comestible with experience.
Applicant must have dog daycare experience or experience with dog training or experience at a veterinarian facility.
Background in management is a must.
Sales Representative - Dog Magazine Company
- We do provide a lead database of business related to our industry to call on and flexibility to work from wherever you prefer!
- This position is commission-based only. There is no salary involved which means the only compensation received is from the sales generated from the advertising sales.
- We are allowing that representative be responsible for all 3 territories which give a huge range of businesses.
Here at CityDog Philly we are looking for three (3,) local, experienced, motivated, magazine preferred ad sales reps!
Someone who is not only willing to work from our database of leads, but willing to develop their own leads to help businesses across Pennsylvania benefit from advertising in CityDog Philly print and on our website.
Someone who is also creative and can come up with innovative ideas to help local businesses benefit from partnering with CityDog Philadelphia. We're here to help pet owners get the most out of living with dogs in Pennsylvania!
The magazine covers 20 counties ranging from the Poconos in the N.E. region, through the Susquehanna Valley (Harrisburg through Chambersburg,) to the Philadephia region and everywhere in between.
This position is:
- Independent contractor based (1099)
- Commission-based only (25% - negotiable depending upon experience)
- Not salaried
- Travel to the businesses would be great but is not required.
The regions the positions will cover are:
- The Poconos
- The Susquehanna Valley
- Minimum of 1-2 years magazine ad sales experience is required.
- Must love dogs to be a part of this magazine.
- Must be willing to communicate with professional and semi-professional sports teams in a professional manner to build rapport and network on pet-related sporting events.
- Must be able to start immediately.
- Willingness to participate in CityDog events to help promote the magazine throughout the year is also a plus, but not required.
- Contact pet rescues and charity organizations to build rapport with the magazine.
Pooch Palace - Dog Handler, Customer Service
Busy dog daycare and boarding kennel needs career oriented, driven, well spoken individual to give us his/her all in a fast paced, fun environment. Must be great with people as well as dogs and have excellent customer service skills, which means you smile for every customer and think about what you say before you say it. You must be willing and able to discipline dogs as well as show them a good time, be able to lift 50 pounds, and be able to work quickly and efficiently. We prefer someone who has worked at a veterinarian clinic or boarding facility where dogs play in large groups, where balls and toys are allowed. Experience at a kennel or daycare where the dogs stand around all day is not nearly as helpful. Experience preferred and those with experience will be interviewed first, however we may be willing to train someone with no experience if we need to. We are looking for a full time employee as well as a few part time employees. Part time will be early mornings or late afternoons, full time will be mostly double shifts 7-7 with break between 12-2, and one or two single shifts per week 7-12 or 2-7. We have 2 locations so willingness to work either is preferred. Must have reliable transportation. We are open 365 days a year so if you leave town or expect to be off during major holidays, this isn't the job for you. We split up holidays but you don' get to choose. We also pay very good for holiday work. Job duties include everything from monitoring dogs at play, answering phones, checking dogs in and out, cleaning, light grooming, and more cleaning. Someone who wants a long term position with management potential is what we need, not someone who just wants a job for awhile. If interviewing for part time, include when you are available along with resume or cover letter. Thanks!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!