Drafter Apprentice Job Description Sample
Due to the security requirements for this position, US Citizenship is required.
- Work directly with engineering staff to produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings and electronic images.
- Support the various aspects of the engineering, design, planning, and development.
- Administer technical documents, installation booklets, owner’s manuals, parts manuals, and tech sheets
- Apply a sound basic knowledge of safety, environmental, and energy-related issues during the execution of projects.
- Associates Degree, CAD/Drafting or related discipline;
- 3+ years of related discipline; or
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions, quickly adapt to processes in a fast paced environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with CAD software and MS Office Suite
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Cad/Visio Technical Drafter
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking an CAD/Visio Technical Drafter in the Reston, VA office.
The Enterprise Classroom Programs establishes a modernized classroom that typically converts a resident analog classroom into a digital environment. These classrooms support most instructional technology capability requirements associated with resident training and education courses and Programs of Instruction. These classrooms promote efficiencies and maximize the effectiveness of Soldier training. Modernization may include any combination of hardware, software, facilities, and communications linked to a local or DoD network or the Global Information Grid. The Enterprise Classroom Programs provide a training infrastructure that supports standardization, compatibility, interoperability, scalability, accountability, and sustainability of classrooms across TRADOC Schools and Centers. The Contractor shall design the technology solution, provide system integration, acquire hardware and software, install, test and provide instructors/users/maintainers with training to support technology usages. The training will demonstrate classroom capability for delivery of multimedia training, audio video presentations, and VTT.
As a CAD/Visio Technical Drafter, you should be able to prepare clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes for engineering or manufacturing purposes, according to specified dimensions by MS/Visio or Computer Aided Design (CAD) system. The candidate must be able to use Visio and CAD software to provide support to Audio Visual (AV) and staff engineers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, and diagrams. Prepare details to include all views and dimensions necessary for installation of AV and network equipment. Makes simple decisions but refers specific questions or problems to Engineers or Supervisor. The candidate have a solid understanding of drafting techniques and demonstrate mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
Make draft and final sketches of proposed drawing, checking dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure of project.
Make all adjustments or changes as directed by engineer.
Draw finished designs from engineers sketches or from other engineering documentation.
Utilize knowledge of various drafting packages and software to complete drawings.
Visually compare design of component, or other equipment with drawing of parts, matching coordinating points for accuracy of fit.
Record all changes and resubmit to engineer in charge of project.
Make copy of original drawing for engineer.
Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with the team leader and with management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality, with no errors.
Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, MicroStation and Visio.
Proficient in M/S Visio and AutoCad Ver.2013.
Candidate must be have a good knowledge of electrical, building floor/room layout and/or architectural drawings.
Should have ability to follow sketches supplied and be able to add details to complete the drawing package.
Must have a good working knowledge of preparing the following drawings;
architectural floor plans and elevations
electrical; single line, power distribution, alarm relay logic and interconnection diagrams
- Must be able to furnish a sample of previous work.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Minimum Associate of Arts Degree in Engineering, Drafting, Design, Graphic Arts, or related field and 4-5 years drafting experience or; Bachelor degree and 2 year experience
Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills
No clearance required to start. However, candidates must meet eligibility (US Citizenship) requirements
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence. For over 30 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the federal government. We provide software engineering, agile business intelligence and analytics, audiovisual and learning technologies, cybersecurity, systems engineering, independent verification and validation, IT service management, program management, and transportation solutions. Pragmatics has diverse contracts with both defense and civilian agencies. We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI® Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.
TEMP 3-6 months
Draws and revises detailed part, assembly and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data for RF/Microwave components and assemblies utilizing computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as AutoCAD, Camtastic and AutoGERB; prepare specifications for parts, assemblies and installations; prepare complete production detail drawings and contribute design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations; performs work of semi-routine nature.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Generate new drawings with engineer or designer input (schematics, block diagrams, flow charts); incorporate engineering change orders involving simple design changes.
- Enter parts list data into Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems.
- Perform simple hybrid, Printed Wiring Board (PWB) and RF substrate layout changes.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of related drafting experience required; training in GD&T and AutoCAD, required. Solidworks is a plus.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs; ability to use computer-aided design software suites; AutoCAD, Camastic and AutoGERB computer-aided design software;
- Math & Analytical skills: basic Algebra; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements;
- Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
- Preferred. May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
CAD Drafter (Orange County CA)
Analyze, prepare and ensure quality of CAD drawings (site plans, elevation, base level and level drawings)
Essential Job Functions
- Create and modify CAD Drawings for new site installations, revise CAD Drawings from field as-built drawings or sketches and create new CAD Drawings for unrecorded or newly acquired sites.
- Perform Quality Assurance check on final drawing products.
- Work closely with Asset Team to resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Provide positive feedback, support, and training to other AI Team members.
- Communicate effectively with other internal departments regarding information related to CAD drawing change requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent work experience
- Some experience working in a professional engineering/design department
- Proficient with AutoCAD software
- Ability to read and understand engineering documents
- Ability to analyze photos and field notes to ensure work order accuracy and quality
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of field measurement standards
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Ability to make decisions
Structural Revit Drafter (1082)
To be considered for this opportunity, you should have:
- A minimum of 3-5+ years of experience in a Structural Drafting / Modeling role
- 3+ years of experience using Revit
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Candidates with more than 5 years of total experience highly encouraged to apply. Your experience should be within an Engineering firm, working specifically on building projects, preferably having worked on a mix of projects in the commercial, institutional and multifamily residential markets.
Submit resume for confidential and immediate consideration.
Interiors Engineering Drafter
Engineering Drafter responsibilities include creation of drawings for tooling, placards, configuration (LOPA), exterior coatings, wiring diagram manuals, assembly instructions and other items that require drafting.
Responsible for development of repairs, alterations, and maintenance specifications, and for providing engineering assistance to all departments of the Maintenance and Engineering Division and the Company
Mutually establish and prioritize projects and objectives with Manager
Periodically review and update project tasks, schedule, and change requests, as required, in the Engineering Department's Project & Change Management System
Provide engineering assistance to the AOG Engineering and Technical Services group by analyzing in-service difficulties relating to aircraft interiors
Develop Engineering Controls with supporting documents, drawings and manual revisions to accomplish repairs, alterations, and inspections to aircraft interiors
Investigate problems and propose recommended solutions following evaluation of their merits to include material and labor estimates
Provide assistance to other departments to ensure optimal safety, reliability, and cost of Alaska Airlines fleet
Keep abreast of the state of the art and technical developments affecting drafting and document management and how they relate to aircraft interiors
Other duties as assigned
Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
B.S. Degree in Engineering (Aerospace or Mechanical) strongly preferred
Excellent customer service skills
Combination of other degrees, licenses and experience may be considered in lieu of an engineering degree
Minimum 2 years in aviation industry experience required (Airline, OEM, and/or MRO)
Theoretical and practical knowledge of aircraft systems (B737NG preferred)
Knowledge of FAA regulations, operating policies and procedures required
Computer literate and ability to learn Alaska Airlines Maintenance and Project & Change Management Systems required
Recent, verifiable experience with AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS; knowledge of general drafting principles
Familiarity with aircraft drawings and configuration management
Project management experience preferred
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) required
Strong analytical and complex problem solving ability
Drafter - Designer
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Valmet's net sales in 2017 were over 3 billion Euro. Be part of a global team supporting our customers who convert renewable resources into recyclable products in a highly sustainable way
As a Technical Specialist for Valmet, you will play a key role in providing solutions and maintaining solid working relationships with our customers. In this position, you will review customer inquiry or order to understand what performance parts are required. Then prepare documentation to permit sourcing or pricing of required items.
Proper identification of specific parts utilizing Valmet documentation systems.
Gather drawings and BOM's needed to support spare parts group, and customers.
Provide technical support for Account Specialists, Sourcing, and Customers. Research technical information concerning the application of paper machine components to answer vendor questions regarding design specifications.
Preparation of updated documentation (BOMs, e-manuals) for customers and Account Specialists as needed.
Generate drawings, as requested by account team members. Check drawings generated by others, as part of the drawing process.
Occasionally visit customers to support technical details of spare parts projects, and to maintain customer relationship and satisfaction.
The right candidate will have a technical-based Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or related experience, ideally in an industrial environment. Valmet employees enjoy a competitive wage and a benefits package that includes a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match. Our working environment is team-orientated, international and focused on growth.
Local company is seeking an employee to use AutoCAD to provide support to engineers by preparing zoning and construction drawing packages. Zoning and Construction drawings will include detailed site plans, equipment details, equipment wiring schematics, grading plans, building and tower elevations and various notes and details. Candidates will be expected to answer simple industry related design questions, but will refer to the engineer or supervisor for most questions or problems. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of drafting techniques, familiarity with engineering terminology, an eye for aesthetics and product quality and is generally a detail oriented individual.
Depending on availability and interest, this job may include field work, including measuring out cellular compounds and roof tops, taking photos of cellular sites and documenting on site conditions. Field work currently takes place in WA, OR, ID, AK, WY and MT. All travel expenses, including flights, rental cars, fuel, food per diem and hotel accommodations are covered by the company.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings.
- Reviews drawings for completeness and quality.
- Revises drawings from redlines provided by supervisors and/or clients.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Updates/maintains Drafting and Engineering Standards and library.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaboration Skills.
- If performing field work, overnight and day travel will be required for this position.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
|JOB TITLE:||Drafter||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|Drafting Supervisor||Department:||Research and Development|
The Drafter, under the direction of the Customer Support Document Manager, is responsible for drafting CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and assemblies using fabricated parts for design; reverse engineering
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of (2’-8’ structures and weldments)
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using -Solid works
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control / filing procedures
- Ability to interact with supervisors and peers
- Create 2D drawings or Electrical Schematics
- Create Customer Manuals using Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop and InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
Intermediate - Designer Drafter
This position provides computer-aided design (CAD) layout and detail drafting support to new product development and standard product support engineering activities. This position involves refining conceptual designs and ideas and converting them to finished layouts and detailed drawings.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. This position supports our Contractor Equipment Division (CED) in Rogers, MN. At CED, our product line meets the needs of painting and general contractors and includes airless, air and gas-powered sprayers, line stripers, pressure washers, and roofing equipment (http://bit.ly/1zMGRDu). Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016.
CAD design & documentation
Provide CAD layout and assembly designs for new products in cooperation with a design team consisting of engineers, other designers and lab technicians.
Produce CAD conceptual designs layout and detail drawings of new products.
Revise and redraw, as required, production drawings of existing standard products.
Use and apply Graco design and drafting standards, including geometric tolerancing.
Complete ECOs, by utilizing PDM and other tools.
Perform tolerance analysis on critical assemblies.
Do basic engineering design calculations.
Development project activities
Work with Model Shop, Purchasing, Technicians, and Manufacturing as required to produce designed products.
Communicate with manufacturing and suppliers to develop cost effective parts designs.
Release drawings to manufacturing and facilitate the manufacturing progress throughout the pre-prod cycle.
Identify design activities and solve problems.
Perform engineering calculations as required to provide sound designs.
Project management & leadership
Assist lab technicians in completion of test plans.
Other duties as assigned.
Two-year technical degree or equivalent.
Consistent Highly Effective performance at Global Grade 03.
Thorough knowledge of mechanical design drafting practices.
Capable of using and applying Graco design and drafting standards.
Minimum 1 year of experience.
Demonstrated ability to finish conceptual design, including application of geometric tolerance, evaluates fits.
Basic knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes with some experience on tooled parts.
Thorough knowledge of use and application of geometric tolerancing and tolerance analysis.
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco's comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!