Drafter Automotive Design Job Description Sample
What you will do
The Designer provides drafting and design support for engineering departments by assuming drafting responsibility for assigned projects, recognize emerging authority at the site, and perform a full range of design work using advanced techniques/ methodologies requiring special qualifications/ attainments/ certifications and/ or advanced training.
How you will do it
Prepare drawings of piece, parts, and assemblies involving selection of scales, dimensioning, detailed views, sectional views orthographic projects from sketches, layouts or verbal instructions, e.g., Sheet metal housings, etc.
Utilize Excel for macro language programs to improve CAD (Inventor) productivity by reducing or eliminating interactive commands to create repetitious geometry or drawings.
Prepare bills of material and prelists using computerized bill of material system. Independently performs some electrical system design to support mechanical projects.
Proficient at using 2D CAD software in drawing, drafting and design tasks. Can develop complex top-down designs, and large assembly layouts.
Proficient at using 3D Solids/Parametric software in drawing, modeling and design tasks. Can develop complex top-down designs, and large assembly layouts.
Proficient at preparing and producing sheet metal designs and drawings using CAD software
Check work of others that is similar in type and complexity to that which is personally performed.
Train less experienced drafters in areas of technical and practice knowledge.
Maintain established schedules and accuracy.
Demonstrate knowledge and use of codes or standards for design applications and conformance as related to job.
Demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes such as tooling limitations as defined by drafting manual.
Demonstrate knowledge HVAC principles as related to job.
Review project specifications and requirements to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product.
Independently uses mechanical design techniques when packaging mechanical devices with minimum assistance.
What we look for
Associates Degree or equivalent
5 years minimum experience
3D modeling experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
Experience working with Sheet Metal
Experience with leading design projects
Experience working on a manufacturing shop floor
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Design Drafter II - Lenoir City, TN
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
3621 Industrial Park Drive
Lenoir City, TN 37771
Performs complex design investigation, analyses, feasibility studies, and CAD design for new and existing components or products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Create manufacturing drawings for use by Production.
Create CAD drawings for use by sales department for customer presentations and bids
Provide support to Customer Service
Create solid models of products to be used in drawings
Create spreadsheets with Microsoft Excel
Entry of drawing data into SAP for use by the manufacturing facilities
Assist manufacturing with design/process issues
Generate drawings for use by Marketing in sales literature
Skills and Experience
Ability to travel as needed.
Solid communication skills, both oral and written
Strong computer and analytical skills
Shared/recommended decisions concerning drawing accuracy and adherence to standards
Experience in part design and fabrication & machining knowledge is a plus.
CAD design and 3D modeling preferred.
Manufacturing experience a plus.
Microsoft Office Suite, Inventor, or Solidworks strongly recommended
Associates Degree in Drafting
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job Segment: ERP, Machinist, Fabrication, SAP, Technology, Manufacturing
Automotive Antenna Design Engineer
- Automotive Component experience.
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) receiver/tuner and antenna system designs.
- Knowledge of AM/FM/DAB transmission and reception theory.
- Capable of determining why AM or FM reception is poor (ex: shortfall in gain, EMC interference, alternate channel, adjacent channel or intermodulation).
- Capable of reading component/vehicle range sensitivity plots and Smith charts.
- Strong interpersonal/team participation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Electrical Design Engineer - Automated Machinery - Automotive
Why work here?:
- Growing established business of over 50 years!
- Excellent compensation and 401k matching!
- Flexible hours!
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal days!
- Great benefits and low premiums on health insurance!
- Fun quarterly company-wide events!
- In-house technical training
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform to customer specifications, production limitations or changes in design trends.
- Confer with engineering, technicians, or with customers to establish and evaluate changes to the design.
- Present designs and reports to customers or design committees for approval and discuss need for modification.
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods and market characteristics.
- Read publications, attend showings and study competing products, design styles and motifs, to obtain perspective and generate design concepts.
- Research production specifications, costs, production material and manufacturing methods and provide cost estimates and itemized production requirements.
- Create prints from the assembly.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2 years of design experience with electrical power distributions systems, lighting, optics and vision systems (DVT, Keyence)
- Proficient in Eplan, especially panel layouts, electrical schematics and circuit schedules
- Experience with PC operating systems (Windows 10)
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience with troubleshooting machinery
- Must possess a fundamental understanding and implementation of NEC, NFPA and ISO machine design and safety standards
- Ability to translate specifications and written outlines into operating machinery
Drafter Ewp/Truss Design
Boise Cascade Building Materials Distribution has an opening for a Drafter EWP/Truss Design. Please review the responsibilities and needed qualifications below and apply today!
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood products and distributing building materials for over half a century. Today we're one of the largest manufacturers of plywood and engineered wood products in North America – and the only wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can service the entire United States.
Because our business is built on relationships, our employees are critical to our success. And we're committed to investing in them. That's why we offer a benefits package designed to have a positive impact on all areas of your life – from health and well-being, career and community, to financial security and personal safety.
We call it, Total Rewards. Here's a look at what's included:
Medical + Prescription Drug
Dental + Vision
401(k) Retirement Savings
Perform design and drafting services for internal and external customers focused on Engineered Wood Products (EWP) and/or Truss Design used for customer quotes, order material take offs, and manufacturing. Prepare working drawings, sketches and graphs from walk-in customers, sales order system, verbal, blue prints, sketches, or written instructions using either manual or computer-aided systems.
Prioritize and coordinate work to accommodate expedited or special requests. Provides plans to customer for sign-off and acceptance, including changes. Code and maintain drafting files for accurate retrieval and distribution to engineering staff, vendors, and other facility personnel.
Schedule truss and EWP order delivery. May provide technical EWP or truss consulting and engineering services to BMD distribution center customers. Compile placement plans for BMD dealer's customers that convert conventional floor and roof framing material to Boise Cascade BCI joists utilizing a computer aided system.
Make outside sales calls to lumberyards and construction job sites, as required. May operate and maintain various engineering and/or drafting equipment. May initiate telephone sales for EWP and accessories (joist hangers, etc.) Demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental awareness, and continuous process improvement. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
College Degree or equivalent work experience in a related job function required.
Working knowledge of CAD system, blueprint reading, and drafting. Duties performed in an office environment.
Role may require technical certification, or associate degree.
Knowledge of the building materials industry and structural experience preferred. Strong math skills, effective communication skills, and familiarity with engineering terms and specifications.
Competencies: Building Strategic Working Relationships, Information Monitoring, Communication, Customer Focus, Decision Making, Initiating Action, Innovation, Continuous Learning, Coaching, Risk Taking, Impact, Job Fit.
Design Drafter Intern
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016 Why Valmont Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe.
We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities.
We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD. A Brief Summary of This Position: Valmont Industries is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Design Drafter Intern position in the Engineered Support Structures Division.
We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be an active participant in contributing to the goals of the Drafting team, while learning best practices from some of the finest Engineers in the world. You will learn a tremendous amount in this role and will be given exposure to other parts of the business, including subject matter experts from a wide variety of divisions and professions. Valmont’s internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
Essential Functions: Determines changes, corrections and requirements to meet project demands Makes sketches for use by other designer/drafters Interpret specifications and standards and provide information to others to ensure that customer requirements are met or improved Communicates with customers, both oral and written, to resolve specification questions in preparation of drawings Provides assistance and input on project basis to other team members in development of shop drawings Complies with Company’s attendance policy Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations Performs other essential functions as directed Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities): CAD skills including design applications and an ability to convert drawings to 3D models Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications Demonstrated strong communication interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills Ability to work effectively in a team environment Demonstrated problem solving/critical thinking skills Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications Enrolled in accredited university and actively pursuing a degree in Drafting & Design' Benefits: Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader Paid Internship – Valmont values you Potential development into a regular full-time position Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer A thriving culture in a growing business Interactive group activities with intern peers Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time.
No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office.
Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
A.S. in Industrial Design or Engineering Graphics; or a minimum of 3 years relevant drafting experience.
Skilled in AutoCAD Mechanical
Familiarity in Autodesk Inventor (preferred) or other 3D solid modeling software.
Background in rotating equipment, mechanical seals, API Piping Plans highly desirable.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required. (Familiarity with Flowserve Imager, EIS, PRMS is a plus).
Detail oriented with a focus on first-time quality, able to check drawings
Able to collaborate and problem-solve with others in a team setting
Able to meet metrics for productivity and meet deadlines on a high volume of tasks
Able to work overtime on short notice to support urgent jobs
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Flowserve is seeking an AutoCAD Design Drafter to accurately prepare assembly, detail part, and drawings to support customer proposals, current jobs, and repairs for mechanical seals and welded bellows used in industrial operations. The Drafter will be a part of a virtual team of drafters, so there is technical support through co-workers, along with complex work and consistent job flow. Duties include:
Create, update, and maintain drawings in AutoCAD Mechanical, adhering to Flowserve Engineering Standards and common design best practices.
Apply knowledge of our products, drawing tools, and drawing systems so as to contribute fully to daily operations and the resolution of technical issues.
Support Customer Service, Purchasing, and Manufacturing as required, and on tooling issues and the non-conformance process.
Support Sales by supplying drawings to customers and to Manufacturing. This includes quick response competitor change-out orders.
Support Applied Technical Solutions group on trouble jobs and warranty support.
Support Product Development engineers on testing, special design development support, and projects.
Maintain safety awareness. Apply and promote safety into the design of products.
Primary Posting Location:
Bridgeport, New Jersey US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID:
Automotive Design Engineer
Minimum Required Skills:
AutoCAD, 2D/3D Drawings, Plastic Injection Molding, Automotive, GD&T, Audio Equipment, Mechanical Design
If you are a Automotive Design Engineer with experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing
Finalize design concepts with the customer design team and other personnel.
Communicate with customer/suppliers regarding production
Meet with the customer on-site to maintain business relationships
Prepare major design concepts of complex units, mechanisms, and assemblies.
Prepare and release final 2D/3D data
Finalize drawing GD&T and other dimensional requirements.
What You Need for this Position
Qualified candidates should have experience with most or some of the following:
Plastic Injection Molding
What's In It for You
Competitive compensation and salary
Full benefits: medical, dental, vision
401 (K) with company match
Life insurance coverage
Paid time off (PTO)
Vacation, paid, and sick days
If this sounds like you:
2.Send an updated Word Doc or PDF copy of your resume to
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Please apply directly to by clicking 'Click Here to Apply' with your Word resume!
Looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.
- Not a fit for this position? Click the link at the bottom of this email to search all of our open positions.
Looking forward to receiving your resume!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 . CyberCoders, Inc. All rights reserved.
AutoCAD, 2D/3D Drawings, Plastic Injection Molding, Automotive, GD&T, Audio Equipment, Mechanical Design
- AutoCAD, 2D/3D Drawings, Plastic Injection Molding, Automotive, GD&T, Audio Equipment, Mechanical Design
Responsibilities include documentation of equipment cabinets, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies. Provide drafting support for parts, cables, assemblies, for a design team at customer location.
- Create technical drawings based on given specifications and calculations
- Familiar with COTS integration for military communications systems.
- Use SolidWorks 3D and AutoCAD 2D CAD software to create detailed drawings/designs.
- Understanding of technical drawing creation, review, and change control. Familiar with ECN/ ECO processes.
- Understanding and working knowledge with installation requirements drawings(IRDs)
- Familiarity with military environmental test standards desired. Strong technical, interpersonal, written and verbal skills are a must.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment with supervision.
- Strong eye for detail to avoid errors with documentation.
- Six years cumulative experience in the design and fabrication of electronic enclosures and rack mount equipment
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, welding and machining process.
- Associates in Computer Aided Drafting or six years cumulative experience in the use of 2D drafting (AutoCAD) and 3D Solid Modeling CAD systems.
- This position requires a completed and favorably adjudicated background investigation conducted by the U.S. Government to be considered for this position.
- Minimum of three years’ experience designing with SolidWorks 3D modeling and AutoCAD 2D software.
- Experience in the development of military communications systems and enclosures.
Refrigeration Design Drafter
Refrigeration Design Drafter
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Duration: 1 year
- This position is responsible for supporting engineers in various stages of project development. Engineering support duties include design, drafting and detailing of refrigeration projects. Maintaining communication with project engineers and efficient organization of project/drafting documents is vital to project success. Throughout the project travel may be required to project sites to document field conditions as prescribed by the project engineer. The Refrigeration Draftsperson is responsible for producing and maintaining accurate layout and Piping and Instrumentation Diagram drawings adhering to company, OSHA and USDA standards, and to clearly represent project requirements per departmental drafting standards. Upon project completion travel to the completed project site to complete as-built drawings may be required. Draftspersons must continue developing ability in and knowledge of, but not limited to, REVIT through department assigned training as well as independent research and study.
- Minimum Associate degree in CADD (AutoCAD, Revit, or other BIM software preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Preferred 2 years of work in Revit in food processing or construction industry.
- CADD skills with AutoCAD, Revit and/or other BIM software preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft office helpful (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to maintain consistent, detailed verbal and written communications.
- Capable of working on many multiple projects at once while requiring limited supervision. Ability to organize work load to complete projects on time and budget, and ability to multitask is a must.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!