Drafter Detail Job Description Sample
Drafter - Detail B
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Drafter-Detail B to join its Mechanical Design team. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
The Drafter-Detail B will create detail and assembly drawings and/or electrical-electronic diagrams from layouts and specific instructions.
Perform any and all of the following duties utilizing standard drafting techniques and computer aided design/drafting (CAD) system, working under the guidance of higher classified personnel.
Create detail and assembly drawings including parts list and bill of material of mechanical parts or simple assemblies. Work from layouts, illustrative references, clear specifications, drawing or systems manual or according to specific instructions such as type of drawing, projection of views, critical dimensions and tolerances, material, process specifications, finish, titles, special notes and the like.
Create original drawings of electrical schematics from rough sketches. Create wiring diagrams working from illustrative references, clear specifications or according to specific instructions such as arrangement, critical connections, types of wire, process specifications, titles, nomenclature, special notes and the like.
Make drawing changes, copy old drawings, touch up photolithos and perform other related work according to drawing change notices and/or specific instructions.
Redraw original complex drawings of parts or assemblies, following the design as shown but making minor rearrangements of views and dimensions from specific instructions.
Enter data such as engineering parts lists utilizing interactive CRT terminals.
Apply a practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and the capabilities of standard machine tools and fabrication equipment to drafting problems to assist with the economical manufacturing of division parts.
Make routine calculations using standard engineering formulae.
Ensure the accuracy and completeness of own work.
This is a SEA Union represented position.
This is a 1st shift position.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Related drafting experience or two courses in one of the following: algebra, plane and solid geometry, trigonometry and physics.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Drafter - Designer
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Valmet's net sales in 2017 were over 3 billion Euro. Be part of a global team supporting our customers who convert renewable resources into recyclable products in a highly sustainable way
As a Technical Specialist for Valmet, you will play a key role in providing solutions and maintaining solid working relationships with our customers. In this position, you will review customer inquiry or order to understand what performance parts are required. Then prepare documentation to permit sourcing or pricing of required items.
Proper identification of specific parts utilizing Valmet documentation systems.
Gather drawings and BOM's needed to support spare parts group, and customers.
Provide technical support for Account Specialists, Sourcing, and Customers. Research technical information concerning the application of paper machine components to answer vendor questions regarding design specifications.
Preparation of updated documentation (BOMs, e-manuals) for customers and Account Specialists as needed.
Generate drawings, as requested by account team members. Check drawings generated by others, as part of the drawing process.
Occasionally visit customers to support technical details of spare parts projects, and to maintain customer relationship and satisfaction.
The right candidate will have a technical-based Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or related experience, ideally in an industrial environment. Valmet employees enjoy a competitive wage and a benefits package that includes a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match. Our working environment is team-orientated, international and focused on growth.
Wireless CAD Drafter
The CAD Designer / Drafter is responsible for transforming data such as verbal instructions, red-line sketches and drawings, into detailed drawings. The Drafter will also be responsible for following current company procedures and standards to ensure drawings are completed with quality and consistent with current drafting practices.
- Prepares routine drafting projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of cellular tower structures and equipment systems derived from fully dimensioned layouts and sketches.
- Calculate quantity takeoffs and prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare concept layout plans and grading, utility, stormwater, and soil erosion / sediment control design.
- Relies on detailed instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Follows established technical specifications to prepare drawings.
- Consults with supervisor regarding drawing accuracy and drafting standards.
- Follows all company CAD best practices for drawing creation, file management and revision control.
- Provides regular feedback and updates to immediate supervisor about the status of drafting tasks.
Skills and Specifications:
- Wireless experience (cell tower industry) preferred, but not required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Some proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2010 or later.
- Able to manage multitask work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
Drafter CAD Operator II / III - 1030
Grade Level: TN DR1/TN DR2
An exciting career opportunity exists for early career Computer-Aided Designers with primary responsibility for developing and maintaining:
- Piping layout drawings and schematics for liquid and gaseous fluid systems
- Single line drawings for low, medium, and high voltage power distribution systems
- Facility and building layouts
- Electrical drawings for process controls of facility & test systems
- Machined Parts
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, LLC the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, and ground & flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
Drafter CAD Operator II
Under general supervision, and according to established standards and procedures, prepares engineering drawings from rough sketches, marked-up prints, or from general engineering and design information. Familiar or recurring work is assigned in general terms. Unfamiliar assignments include information on methods, procedures, sources of information, and precedents to follow. Simple revisions to existing drawings or computer models may be assigned with a verbal explanation of the desired results. More complex revisions are produced from sketches, computer models or specifications that clearly depict the desired product.
Drafter CAD Operator III
Independently prepares complete sets of complex drawings or computer models that include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings. Drawings or models include complex design features that require considerable drafting skill to visualize and portray. The Draft/CAD Operator works from sketches, computer models, and verbal information supplied by an engineer, architect, or designer to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments. This operator selects required information from computer programs, and internet sites, precedents, manufacturers' catalogs, and technical guides. This operator independently resolves most of the problems encountered. Supervisor or design originator may suggest methods of approach or provide advice on unusually difficult problems
Typical assignments may include:
- Prepare complete engineering drawings or diagrams delineating equipment, engineered systems, structures and plant arrangements with sufficient detail in drawings to guide manufacturers in developing shop drawings and to guide construction in their work.
- Work under direction in the graphic preparation of 2-D drawings or 3-D CAD design models of average complexity based on information from others.
- Develop complete engineering drawings from information provided verbally, on sketches or in notes; plans related drawing sequence to convey complete engineering information.
- Make basic mathematical calculations related to the group’s drawing responsibilities.
- Prepare “as-built” drawings to reflect changes to designated work during construction, operations.
- Review and check design models, drawings and design documents prepared by others in the group and by material suppliers, as assigned.
- Prepare bulk material quantity takeoffs and material requisitions for materials applicable to the group.
- Work with engineers and other designers in the overall assignment to coordinate designs.
- Answer questions from client or construction group on design for assigned responsibility.
- Compile, maintain and access job drawing files, records, and drawing controls, as instructed.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Vocational school training/certification or two years of college with courses relevant to drafting and/or design and two to four years of progressive and relevant drafting and drawing experience.
- Basic computer skills such as use of Microsoft Office products, file naming, and computer folder structures.
- Sound knowledge of CAD design and drafting techniques, engineering drawing, graphic arts, reading of drawings and reproduction methods used by the group.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the group’s design responsibilities.
- General knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
- Skill in defining tasks within a drafting assignment for completion by others.
- Experience with Autodesk software, particularly AutoCAD and Inventor
- Experience with 3D modeling
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
A&E CAD Drafter
Local company is seeking an employee to use AutoCAD to provide support to engineers by preparing zoning and construction drawing packages. Zoning and Construction drawings will include detailed site plans, equipment details, equipment wiring schematics, grading plans, building and tower elevations and various notes and details. Candidates will be expected to answer simple industry related design questions, but will refer to the engineer or supervisor for most questions or problems. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of drafting techniques, familiarity with engineering terminology, an eye for aesthetics and product quality and is generally a detail oriented individual. Depending on availability and interest, this job may include field work, including measuring out cellular compounds and roof tops, taking photos of cellular sites and documenting on site conditions. Field work currently takes place in WA, OR, ID, AK, WY and MT. All travel expenses, including flights, rental cars, fuel, food per diem and hotel accommodations are covered by the company.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings.
- Reviews drawings for completeness and quality.
- Revises drawings from redlines provided by supervisors and/or clients.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Updates/maintains Drafting and Engineering Standards and library.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Technical Capacity.
- 1 to 2 years of telecom experience or recent graduate student from a technical college.
- Communications proficiency.
- Experience with civil/architectural drafting.
- Someone that can travel and conduct site walks.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaboration Skills.
- If performing field work, overnight and day travel will be required for this position.
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Structural Drafter / Designer (945)
To qualify for the position, applicants should have AutoCad and Revit experience including experience in Revit Modeling for Structural Buildings projects. 3+ years experience is desirable. Revit Cerification a plus.
- Well established, industry leading Engineering firm
- Strong company culture with employee events throughout the year
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Cutting edge technology and interesting projects
- Strong commitment to advancing BIM technology with opportunities for passionate professionals looking to work with advanced technology systems
Contract Creo Technical Designer - Drafter
- Work with production and test engineers to update the designed baseline and incorporate in build red-lines
- Work with production and test engineers to create test harness drawings utilizing Creo
- Work with production and test engineers to create complete test and ground support equipment drawings
- Support configuration development and trade studies
- Provide technical guidance for hardware design and installation
- Active involvement in functional checkouts of instrumentation and electrical circuits
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
- Coach, mentor and technically assist other engineers
- Identify opportunities for safety improvements and operational cost savings
- Minimum of an A.S. degree and 8+ years of recent experience designing/drafting aerospace or equivalent type harnesses, electrical test equipment, avionics boxes and associated brackets
- Experience with Creo; equivalent other software will be considered if all other required qualifications are met
- Experience with ASME Y14.5
- Familiar with existing applicable harness standards - IPC/WHMA-A-620A
- Strong electrical/mechanical design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- S. degree preferred
- Prefer experience with Creo – Windchill 10 and Routed System Designer (RSD)
- Familiar with NASA-STD-8739.4
- Experience with Pro/E Piping
- Experience with other high end CAD routing software such as Unigraphics NX Electrical and Mechanical Routing
- Knowledge of harness fabrication and installation processes
- Experience with launch vehicle or spacecraft mechanical systems
|JOB TITLE:||Drafter||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|Drafting Supervisor||Department:||Research and Development|
The Drafter, under the direction of the Customer Support Document Manager, is responsible for drafting CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and assemblies using fabricated parts for design; reverse engineering
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of (2’-8’ structures and weldments)
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using -Solid works
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control / filing procedures
- Ability to interact with supervisors and peers
- Create 2D drawings or Electrical Schematics
- Create Customer Manuals using Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop and InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
Required: Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license and proof of insurance
• Review and comprehend specification and transpose the information and design requirements into a Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Layout Drawings (GA) for construction and proposal.
• Work with the Project Managers and the Department Manager to portray required information on drawings – approve equipment approval drawings through construction stages of the project – with submittals to vendors, suppliers, and engineering firms.
• Assist in the scope of work kick off meeting on awarded project to ensure understanding of the scope of work by all parties, research and suggest layouts to maximize all aspects of the specifications and efficiency for the facility.
• Review and approve all manufacturers drawings and structural engineered drawings to confirm they fit within the constraints of the project.
• Review and reline all work prior to having the Engineering Manager review.
• Maintain the library of drafting / drawing standards
• Organize all electronic drawings during the project in accordance with project standards and procedures.
• Follow all proper drafting standards and procedures regarding line weight, spelling, sheet layout and arrangement, scale detail, etc.
• Additional duties as assigned
1. Two years college education in drafting and design?
2. 2+ years of drafting / design experience?
3. Experience with AutoCAD and REVIT and able to develop Process Flow Diagrams and Layout/General Arrangement and fabrication drawings?
4. Experience in the following is desired: Renewable, Agricultural, and / or Industrial?
2601 2nd St, Coralville, Iowa 52241 United States of America
We are looking for a Detail Specialist to ensure that trucks, trailers and other equipment are thoroughly cleaned inside and out. This person will apply protective dressings to vinyl and rubber surfaces, clean inside and outside of truck cabs and van boxes, clean mirrors and windows, and make sure all equipment is "customer ready."
Position requires a valid driver's license and a good driving record to operate a motor vehicle. Adhere to all local vehicular regulations while driving.
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law.
Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!