Drafter Electrical Job Description Sample
Electrical CAD Drafter / Revit BIM Technician ( Sacramento Office )
ELECTRICAL CAD DRAFTER / REVIT BIM TECHNICIAN
Facilities Electrical Engineering Power and Lighting Consulting Services
Title: Electrical CAD Drafter / Revit BIM Technician
Location: Sacramento, California 95825
Sacramento-based provider of exceptional electrical engineering and lighting design services for public and private sector clients, actively seeks Electrical CAD Drafter / Revit BIM Technician to join our thriving Sacramento, CA office.
Electrical CAD Drafter / Revit BIM Technician Qualifications and Experience Needed:
Two year associate degree or college education highly preferred
Must have proficient working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and/or BIM
At least 3+ years of electrical drafting experience pertaining to electrical facilities drawing production / construction documents.
Good written and verbal communication skills are a must.
As an Electrical CAD/Revit/BIM Technician / Drafter, create drawings and documents as designed by electrical designer and electrical project team leaders to meet project scope and code requirements necessary to complete assigned projects.
Review work for accuracy and satisfaction of electrical project design requirements and drawing standards.
Produce electrical project drawings from design concept through construction documents (power, lighting, voice/data, fire/security alarm and audio/video communications). Print assemble and file drawings to meet production needs.
Maintain communication with firm’s electrical project team leaders and electrical designers to coordinate project planning and design requirements. Review electrical design and/or construction documents for accuracy and compliance prior to review by project designer.
Follow technical production standards and maintain the projects’ production within schedule.
Maintain electronic library of CAD masters and electronic files.
OUR FIRM AT A GLANCE:
Recognized as one of the Sacramento area’s most respected Electrical Engineering Consulting Services firms, we are committed to your professional development in the exciting and challenging Architecture / Engineering / Construction industry. Start or build your career working on great projects that add value to the local community, demonstrate our commitment to energy efficiency and sustainability, and improve the quality of life in the region. We’re proud of our relationships with clients in the markets we serve and we know that it’s the integrity and capability of our team that keeps these relationships strong year after year.
Our Services Include electrical engineering, lighting design, fire alarm systems, telecommunications, low voltage systems, and specialty consulting.
Our typical project types consist of a variety of healthcare, commercial, civil, k-12 and higher education, institutional, industrial, and transportation projects.
Benefits of joining our firm:
A flexible work environment that encourages leadership and responsibility
Relationships and opportunities that foster your professional growth and development
Company commitment to your well-being and satisfaction
Paid vacation, personal leave, and holidays
Major medical, dental, life insurance, and long-term disability coverage, including full coverage for you and your qualified dependents
401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
Section 125 cafeteria plan (AFLAC)
Wellness program including paid health club membership
Please email detailed resume to for immediate and completely confidential employment consideration. We look forward to becoming better acquainted with you and your career goals.
Electrical CAD Drafter
The Special Projects Division currently has an opening for an Electrical CAD Drafter providing onsite support for multiple manned aerial platforms being delivered to our customer at OCONUS locations. The job of the Electrical CAD Drafter is to perform engineering support of specific airborne imaging sensors as well as documentation pertaining to the overall aircraft installation. Specific duties will include but not be limited to; collecting, maintaining, organizing, and compiling technical data for the aircraft and sensors, to include extensive utilization of Electrical CAD to capture system inter-connectivity. Relocation assistance to Bridgewater, VA available for the right candidate.
Performs tasks in the operation and application of Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment
Creates and modifies detailed drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches, layouts or notes provided by engineering
Contributes design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product
Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards
Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR documentation
May work with system management including file maintenance, backup and storage
High School and 4 years of experience or an AA degree related discipline and 2 years of related experience. Additional years experience may be used in lieu of degree.
Experience must include an understanding of basic electronics principles and theory and must be proficient with test equipment
Previous CAD experience required
Be able to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally
Be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS
Prior military avionics experience strongly desired
Active Secret clearance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are seeking a talented Electrical Drafter to join our North America Engineering Team in York, PA. Under general supervision, this role designs electrical panel drawings in accordance with standard engineering procedures. Candidates should have excellent customer service, negotiation, communication and analytical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transforms initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents.
- Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Your profile and qualifications:
- Two year technical school graduate - Electrical Drafting. Associate's degree in a related area and at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area - preferred
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of industrial refrigeration and panel building is favored.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Candidate must be a self-starting individual with the ability to solve complex problems and meet project deadlines.
- Successful candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Sit, stand, bend, reach, walk for long periods of time in office setting
- May be required to work extended hours which may include weekend and holidays
- Some exposure to manufacturing areas that may require personal protective equipment
- Some exposure to a manufacturing work environment that is cold, dirty, greasy, wet and noisy
Senior Electrical Drafter
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you're helping to create a better world. The business you'll secure and the partnerships you'll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.ABB is seeking a Senior Electrical Drafter for the Lake Mary, Florida. You will be responsible for preparing, in close association with the responsible customer order engineer, work scope definition, design layout and detailed drawings to satisfy requirements and conditions of assigned contracts. Assist senior staff in drafting related functions and provide leadership and direction to less experienced staff.
Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Electrical drafters collaborate with engineers to receive instructions and resolve design issues. Drafters may also correspond with production workers to clarify design details and receive feedback for improvements. Along with technical drawings, drafters may be required to provide documentation manuals to assist electrical workers during installation. Drafters may also be responsible for training and overseeing other drafters and technicians.
Provide advice and guidance to supporting drafters regarding such factors as technical details, standards, quality and related problems.
Design and draw wiring and layout diagrams.
Draft technical details.
Use ePLAN Electric P8 and/or AutoCAD to prepare drawings.
Create and store drawings electronically.
Program drawings into automated manufacturing systems.
Explain concepts to shop workers.
Prepare engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications.
Low Voltage Component and Panel Layout Drawings and Wiring Diagrams.
Wire Marker, Component Identification Labels.
- Associate's Degree in engineering or Technology and 5 years of experience in Drafting ...else .. BS Degree in engineering or Technology and 2 years of experience in Drafting
9 years of experience in Drafting.
Drafting utilizing 3-D CAD object oriented tools and MRP (Material Requirements Planning) system. Key tools used are AutoCAD, ePLAN Electric P8, SolidWorks Routing, SmarTeam and SAP.
Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Lake Mary, Florida, USA
Contract type: Regular/Permanent Business unit: Distribution Solutions
Date posted: 2018-09-27 Job function: Design and Engineering Publication ID: US66284161_E3
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Electrical Designer / Drafter
Flux is currently searching for an Electrical Designer for one of our clients located in Hillsboro, OR. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
Our client is seeking an Electrical Designer for our Tool Install program. This position will be primarily located on client site. The electrical designer will be responsible for performing routine tasks using a computer for drafting and design applications.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Applies standard design techniques and procedures exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Prepares addendums and bulletins.
- Adapt designs to current conditions in field, coordinate designs with current infrastructure.
- Attends construction meetings and produces site observation reports and final punch list. May trouble-shoot design problems in the field during construction.
- Coordinates needs and develops an understanding with other disciplines, relating information to own discipline and the total project scope.
- Researches design options and documents findings for project engineer/architect.
- Checks design calculations and drawings verifying all applicable codes have been incorporated.
- Processes shop drawings, checks to ensure quality accuracy and completeness.
- Has frequent communication with external clients in the field and in formal meetings.
- May serve as lead on single discipline projects.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Perform cable tray fill requirements (nodes)
- Experience using Easy Power software
- Understands short circuit calculations
- Understands panel loading and voltage drop requirements
- General knowledge of different types of electrical breakers, transformers, and panels.
- Basic knowledge of NEC
- Has understanding of general telecom and life safety system requirements.
- Can utilize AutoCAD software to draw wireways, cabletrays, storage boxes, conduit runs for routing plans.
- Able to conduct field verification for routing plans including climbing ladders, suiting up in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit
- Able to understand the need for and develop installation details.
Electrical Autocad Drafter
An Electrical Autocad Drafter job in Cincinnati, OH is currently available through Belcan. In this role you will be working with the engineering team to identify electrical, power and control components.
To be considered for this role you must have Autocad experience. Autocad Electrical is a plus. You should also be able to manage multiple projects.
Electrical Autocad Drafter job duties:
Work with engineering team to identify necessary electrical, power and control components.
Create detailed AutoCAD electrical drawings relating to manufacturing and installation for the engineering team.
Create accurate bill of materials for each drawing to be used by purchasing.
Create and maintain up to date parts list for reference.
Thorough understanding of Autocad with electrical drawing experience.
Knowledge of electrical engineering theories and principles.
Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
Ability to meet engineering unique specifications based on customer job.
If you are interested in this Electrical Autocad Drafter job in Cincinnati, OH, please apply via the apply now link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated servicesfrom jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity.
Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
AutoCAD Drafter Suwanee, GA
I have a client in Suwanee who is looking to bring on an AutoCAD Drafter. This drafter will quickly be trained in a competitive Structural Engineering field and will learn the "in's and out's" of design and engineering practices.
They will work closely with Engineers on a daily basis and will get to be a part of large projects in Atlanta. The only requirement coming through the door is previous experience using AutoCAD (does not need to be from an architectural or structural industry).
Work with engineers and take structural drawings and interpret to perform calculations and detail drawings (this will be trained). Company makes post tension systems for buildings. Structural strengthening of buildings using post tension cables made of steel within concrete structures.
Seeking an AutoCAD Drafter with some previous Civil or Structural drafting experience (junior level candidates preferred). Prefer a candidate who has acquired a technical degree along with some experience in the drafting world (AutoCAD).
If you or anyone you know may be qualified and interested in this opportunity, please send resumes to me at the following:
Christy Lewis Howington
Engineering Recruiter - Southeast Region
Kelly Engineering Resources
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Due to the security requirements for this position, US Citizenship is required.
- Work directly with engineering staff to produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings and electronic images.
- Support the various aspects of the engineering, design, planning, and development.
- Administer technical documents, installation booklets, owner’s manuals, parts manuals, and tech sheets
- Apply a sound basic knowledge of safety, environmental, and energy-related issues during the execution of projects.
- Associates Degree, CAD/Drafting or related discipline;
- 3+ years of related discipline; or
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions, quickly adapt to processes in a fast paced environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with CAD software and MS Office Suite
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
A&E CAD Drafter
Local company is seeking an employee to use AutoCAD to provide support to engineers by preparing zoning and construction drawing packages. Zoning and Construction drawings will include detailed site plans, equipment details, equipment wiring schematics, grading plans, building and tower elevations and various notes and details. Candidates will be expected to answer simple industry related design questions, but will refer to the engineer or supervisor for most questions or problems. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of drafting techniques, familiarity with engineering terminology, an eye for aesthetics and product quality and is generally a detail oriented individual.
Depending on availability and interest, this job may include field work, including measuring out cellular compounds and roof tops, taking photos of cellular sites and documenting on site conditions. Field work currently takes place in WA, OR, ID, AK, WY and MT. All travel expenses, including flights, rental cars, fuel, food per diem and hotel accommodations are covered by the company.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings.
- Reviews drawings for completeness and quality.
- Revises drawings from redlines provided by supervisors and/or clients.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Updates/maintains Drafting and Engineering Standards and library.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaboration Skills.
- If performing field work, overnight and day travel will be required for this position.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Structural Drafter / Designer - Revit (945)
To qualify for the position, applicants should have AutoCad and Revit experience including experience in Revit Modeling for Structural Buildings projects. 3+ years experience is desirable. Revit Cerification a plus.
- Well established, industry leading Engineering firm
- Strong company culture with employee events throughout the year
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Cutting edge technology and interesting projects
- Strong commitment to advancing BIM technology with opportunities for passionate professionals looking to work with advanced technology systems
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!