Drafter Electrical Job Description Sample
Electrical CAD Drafter
The Special Projects Division currently has an opening for an Electrical CAD Drafter providing onsite support for multiple manned aerial platforms being delivered to our customer at OCONUS locations. The job of the Electrical CAD Drafter is to perform engineering support of specific airborne imaging sensors as well as documentation pertaining to the overall aircraft installation. Specific duties will include but not be limited to; collecting, maintaining, organizing, and compiling technical data for the aircraft and sensors, to include extensive utilization of Electrical CAD to capture system inter-connectivity. Relocation assistance to Bridgewater, VA available for the right candidate.
Performs tasks in the operation and application of Computer Aided Design (CAD) equipment
Creates and modifies detailed drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches, layouts or notes provided by engineering
Contributes design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product
Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards
Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR documentation
May work with system management including file maintenance, backup and storage
High School and 4 years of experience or an AA degree related discipline and 2 years of related experience. Additional years experience may be used in lieu of degree.
Experience must include an understanding of basic electronics principles and theory and must be proficient with test equipment
Previous CAD experience required
Be able to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally
Be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS
Prior military avionics experience strongly desired
Active Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Description:Create, develop and recommend changes to electrical parts and functional assemblies utilizing appropriate CAD tool software. Creation of Printed Wiring Board (PWB) documentation, overseeing the drawing details that may be done by others, maintaining drawing status of all details and assemblies, maintaining cost and schedules for their assigned projects.
Works under general direction with the ability to work independently. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy. 2-year Technical Degree, AAS Degree in Electrical or Drafting Technologies or apprentice program graduate or equivalent.
Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Works well with people in order to ensure performance in a cohesive team environment. Moderate knowledge of the Manufacturing Processes, Engineering Design Techniques and Materials associated with Electronic Packaging.
Ability to work in a team environment.Moderate knowledge of IEEE Drafting Standards. General knowledge of ASME Drafting Standards. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Mentor to less skilled individuals.PWB Design Experience in Placement, Route, and Documentation. Knowledge of Configuration Management.
IPC Certification for PWB Designer a plus. As required, act as Drafting Checker and have the responsibility for quality and accuracy of medium complexity drawings generated by other Drafting personnel. Ability to complete additional basic electrical duties, as assigned.
AutoCAD for Schematics, cable assemblies and connection diagrams.
Cadence, Mentor, Zuken for PWB
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
We are seeking a talented Electrical Drafter to join our North America Engineering Team in York, PA. Under general supervision, this role designs electrical panel drawings in accordance with standard engineering procedures. Candidates should have excellent customer service, negotiation, communication and analytical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transforms initial rough product designs using computer aided design (CAD) into working documents.
- Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Your profile and qualifications:
- Two year technical school graduate - Electrical Drafting. Associate's degree in a related area and at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area - preferred
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge of industrial refrigeration and panel building is favored.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Candidate must be a self-starting individual with the ability to solve complex problems and meet project deadlines.
- Successful candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and have the ability to communicate effectively.
- Sit, stand, bend, reach, walk for long periods of time in office setting
- May be required to work extended hours which may include weekend and holidays
- Some exposure to manufacturing areas that may require personal protective equipment
- Some exposure to a manufacturing work environment that is cold, dirty, greasy, wet and noisy
Electrical Designer / Drafter
Flux is currently searching for an Electrical Designer for one of our clients located in Hillsboro, OR. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
Our client is seeking an Electrical Designer for our Tool Install program. This position will be primarily located on client site. The electrical designer will be responsible for performing routine tasks using a computer for drafting and design applications.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Applies standard design techniques and procedures exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Prepares addendums and bulletins.
- Adapt designs to current conditions in field, coordinate designs with current infrastructure.
- Attends construction meetings and produces site observation reports and final punch list. May trouble-shoot design problems in the field during construction.
- Coordinates needs and develops an understanding with other disciplines, relating information to own discipline and the total project scope.
- Researches design options and documents findings for project engineer/architect.
- Checks design calculations and drawings verifying all applicable codes have been incorporated.
- Processes shop drawings, checks to ensure quality accuracy and completeness.
- Has frequent communication with external clients in the field and in formal meetings.
- May serve as lead on single discipline projects.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Perform cable tray fill requirements (nodes)
- Experience using Easy Power software
- Understands short circuit calculations
- Understands panel loading and voltage drop requirements
- General knowledge of different types of electrical breakers, transformers, and panels.
- Basic knowledge of NEC
- Has understanding of general telecom and life safety system requirements.
- Can utilize AutoCAD software to draw wireways, cabletrays, storage boxes, conduit runs for routing plans.
- Able to conduct field verification for routing plans including climbing ladders, suiting up in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit
- Able to understand the need for and develop installation details.
Drafter II - Electrical
Under close supervision the drafter will perform the following entry level tasks: correct redlines, print drawing packages & have the ability to use AutoCADD for drafting work.
Use AutoCADD for drafting work.
Work with E/I/C team member & other discipline team members to ensure a quality E/I/C drawing package.
Performs routine dimensional calculations
Maintains drawing files, assists in the assembly of engineering packages, and makes copies of drawings.
Creates or revises word processing & spreadsheet files.
Copies or revises drawings based on sketches, verbal or written instructions.
Self-checks all work.
Must be US citizen or have a work visa.
Experience with AutoCADD.
Experience in the operation of PC.
Experience in spreadsheet & word processing desired.
Strong attention to details.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Good oral communication skills.
Able to problems solve.
Requires High School Diploma (or G.E.D.).
An Associates Degree in drafting or AutoCADD training and 2 years work experience.
Drafter IV - Electrical (15374)
Creates and plans drawings for detail, assembly and installation drawings from basic layouts to support production and aftermarket designs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as Siemens UG, NX, AutoCAD or Visio.
Completes details, assembly and installation drawings from data, sketches, or major layout drawings in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices.
Creates production and Completions detail, assembly and installation drawings.
Determines scaling, inserts necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning.
Incorporates specifications and processes for parts, assemblies, and installations.
Makes reference and contributes to design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations.
Revises existing engineering drawings to support production and after market operations.
Tracks design changes through the engineering release cycle to ensure timely implementation of changes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Proficient with various computer aided design/engineering tools such as UG, NX, and AutoCAD to create and update 3D models.
The ability to understand concentrate and follow technical instructions.
Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
The ability to get along with others or to be part of a team.
Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Microsoft Project and Access experience preferred.
Access to Export Control Information.
Regular attendance at the worksite.
Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
AA degree and at least 6 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical knowledge of MD Helicopters single and twin engine product line preferred.
Manufacturing experience preferred.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position.Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office and factory settings.
Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Return to Job Opportunities
Are you an architect, engineering design, or construction manager who knows Autodesk and other building design software inside-out? Are you interested in applying your knowledge to a more consultative role? Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be at the forefront of today's latest design and technology trends!
Working as part of our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our industry-leading clients and gain valuable experience as you manage cutting edge implementations of design and construction technology on a variety of projects.
Electrical or MEP related background preferred.
What's GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. . We combine a strong vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients' projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
What Kind of Candidate are we looking for?
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Works directly with and takes direction from project personnel and/or BIM Coordinator
Creates 3D model based off red-lines from either BIM Coordinator or field team
Develops 2D installation drawings and detail drawings from 3D model or sketches
Prints Documents and helps keep drawings up to date while archiving older drawings
Helps set up project and keeps it maintained
Keeps a daily log on tasks being performed
QA/QC own work
Helps QA/QC drawings based off of standards and best practices
Helps QA/QC model based off of standards and best practices
Download and upload files when needed to keep project current
Has effective communication with field and project management team
Required Skills & Experience
Advanced Level drafter/CAD operator and modeler
5+ years' experience using Revit and AutoCAD regarding 2D drawings
2+ years' experience using Revit and AutoCAD regarding 3D population
2+ years' experience using Navisworks Manage and can run clash detection effectively
Requires 4-5 hours a month of dedicated training on software and electrical construction
Requires minimal QA/QC for any work being submitted
Advanced Electrical knowledge
Basic common code – sizing of pull cans, supports maximums.
Can read blue prints at an advanced level.
Can make recommendations on best practices and constructability
Can perform 3D modeling at an advanced level
Can help train others on 3D Modeling and 2D drafting based off of standards and best practices
We offer a fast paced, dynamic environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 30% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you think we are good match for your career apply online at Microdesk.com
Contract Creo Technical Designer - Drafter
- Work with production and test engineers to update the designed baseline and incorporate in build red-lines
- Work with production and test engineers to create test harness drawings utilizing Creo
- Work with production and test engineers to create complete test and ground support equipment drawings
- Support configuration development and trade studies
- Provide technical guidance for hardware design and installation
- Active involvement in functional checkouts of instrumentation and electrical circuits
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
- Coach, mentor and technically assist other engineers
- Identify opportunities for safety improvements and operational cost savings
- Minimum of an A.S. degree and 8+ years of recent experience designing/drafting aerospace or equivalent type harnesses, electrical test equipment, avionics boxes and associated brackets
- Experience with Creo; equivalent other software will be considered if all other required qualifications are met
- Experience with ASME Y14.5
- Familiar with existing applicable harness standards - IPC/WHMA-A-620A
- Strong electrical/mechanical design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- S. degree preferred
- Prefer experience with Creo – Windchill 10 and Routed System Designer (RSD)
- Familiar with NASA-STD-8739.4
- Experience with Pro/E Piping
- Experience with other high end CAD routing software such as Unigraphics NX Electrical and Mechanical Routing
- Knowledge of harness fabrication and installation processes
- Experience with launch vehicle or spacecraft mechanical systems
Senior Electrical Drafter
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you're helping to create a better world. The business you'll secure and the partnerships you'll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants.ABB is seeking a Senior Electrical Drafter for the Lake Mary, Florida. You will be responsible for preparing, in close association with the responsible customer order engineer, work scope definition, design layout and detailed drawings to satisfy requirements and conditions of assigned contracts. Assist senior staff in drafting related functions and provide leadership and direction to less experienced staff.
Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Electrical drafters collaborate with engineers to receive instructions and resolve design issues. Drafters may also correspond with production workers to clarify design details and receive feedback for improvements. Along with technical drawings, drafters may be required to provide documentation manuals to assist electrical workers during installation. Drafters may also be responsible for training and overseeing other drafters and technicians.
Provide advice and guidance to supporting drafters regarding such factors as technical details, standards, quality and related problems.
Design and draw wiring and layout diagrams.
Draft technical details.
Use ePLAN Electric P8 and/or AutoCAD to prepare drawings.
Create and store drawings electronically.
Program drawings into automated manufacturing systems.
Explain concepts to shop workers.
Prepare engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications.
Low Voltage Component and Panel Layout Drawings and Wiring Diagrams.
Wire Marker, Component Identification Labels.
- 1+ years in a Electrical Drafting related role with High School degree.
3 +years of experience in Drafting related role.
Previous experience utilizing Eplan Electric Software.
Drafting utilizing 3-D CAD object oriented tools and MRP (Material Requirements Planning) system. Key tools used are AutoCAD, ePLAN Electric P8, SolidWorks Routing, SmarTeam and SAP.
Previous experience with Electric Power Utilities products .
Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Lake Mary, Florida, USA
Contract type: Regular/Permanent Business unit: Distribution Solutions
Date posted: 2018-11-21 Job function: Design and Engineering Publication ID: US66284161_E9
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
|JOB TITLE:||Drafter||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|Drafting Supervisor||Department:||Research and Development|
The Drafter, under the direction of the Customer Support Document Manager, is responsible for drafting CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and assemblies using fabricated parts for design; reverse engineering
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of (2’-8’ structures and weldments)
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using -Solid works
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control / filing procedures
- Ability to interact with supervisors and peers
- Create 2D drawings or Electrical Schematics
- Create Customer Manuals using Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop and InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!