Drafter Geophysical Job Description Sample
Drafter - Designer
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Valmet's net sales in 2017 were over 3 billion Euro. Be part of a global team supporting our customers who convert renewable resources into recyclable products in a highly sustainable way
As a Technical Specialist for Valmet, you will play a key role in providing solutions and maintaining solid working relationships with our customers. In this position, you will review customer inquiry or order to understand what performance parts are required. Then prepare documentation to permit sourcing or pricing of required items.
Proper identification of specific parts utilizing Valmet documentation systems.
Gather drawings and BOM's needed to support spare parts group, and customers.
Provide technical support for Account Specialists, Sourcing, and Customers. Research technical information concerning the application of paper machine components to answer vendor questions regarding design specifications.
Preparation of updated documentation (BOMs, e-manuals) for customers and Account Specialists as needed.
Generate drawings, as requested by account team members. Check drawings generated by others, as part of the drawing process.
Occasionally visit customers to support technical details of spare parts projects, and to maintain customer relationship and satisfaction.
The right candidate will have a technical-based Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or related experience, ideally in an industrial environment. Valmet employees enjoy a competitive wage and a benefits package that includes a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match. Our working environment is team-orientated, international and focused on growth.
Interiors Engineering Drafter
Engineering Drafter responsibilities include creation of drawings for tooling, placards, configuration (LOPA), exterior coatings, wiring diagram manuals, assembly instructions and other items that require drafting.
Responsible for development of repairs, alterations, and maintenance specifications, and for providing engineering assistance to all departments of the Maintenance and Engineering Division and the Company
Mutually establish and prioritize projects and objectives with Manager
Periodically review and update project tasks, schedule, and change requests, as required, in the Engineering Department's Project & Change Management System
Provide engineering assistance to the AOG Engineering and Technical Services group by analyzing in-service difficulties relating to aircraft interiors
Develop Engineering Controls with supporting documents, drawings and manual revisions to accomplish repairs, alterations, and inspections to aircraft interiors
Investigate problems and propose recommended solutions following evaluation of their merits to include material and labor estimates
Provide assistance to other departments to ensure optimal safety, reliability, and cost of Alaska Airlines fleet
Keep abreast of the state of the art and technical developments affecting drafting and document management and how they relate to aircraft interiors
Other duties as assigned
Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
B.S. Degree in Engineering (Aerospace or Mechanical) strongly preferred
Excellent customer service skills
Combination of other degrees, licenses and experience may be considered in lieu of an engineering degree
Minimum 2 years in aviation industry experience required (Airline, OEM, and/or MRO)
Theoretical and practical knowledge of aircraft systems (B737NG preferred)
Knowledge of FAA regulations, operating policies and procedures required
Computer literate and ability to learn Alaska Airlines Maintenance and Project & Change Management Systems required
Recent, verifiable experience with AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS; knowledge of general drafting principles
Familiarity with aircraft drawings and configuration management
Project management experience preferred
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) required
Strong analytical and complex problem solving ability
CAD Drafter (Orange County CA)
Analyze, prepare and ensure quality of CAD drawings (site plans, elevation, base level and level drawings)
Essential Job Functions
- Create and modify CAD Drawings for new site installations, revise CAD Drawings from field as-built drawings or sketches and create new CAD Drawings for unrecorded or newly acquired sites.
- Perform Quality Assurance check on final drawing products.
- Work closely with Asset Team to resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Provide positive feedback, support, and training to other AI Team members.
- Communicate effectively with other internal departments regarding information related to CAD drawing change requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent work experience
- Some experience working in a professional engineering/design department
- Proficient with AutoCAD software
- Ability to read and understand engineering documents
- Ability to analyze photos and field notes to ensure work order accuracy and quality
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of field measurement standards
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Ability to make decisions
Designer / Drafter – Agricultural / Industrial Industry
Two years college education in drafting and design, preferably with a minimum of 2 years in the agricultural industry. Must know & be competent with AutoCAD and REVIT and be able to develop Process Flow Diagrams and Layout/General Arrangement and fabrication drawings. Experience in the following is desired: Renewable, Agricultural, and / or Industrial
Required: Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license and proof of insurance
Review and comprehend specification and transpose the information and design requirements into a Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Layout Drawings (GA) for construction and proposal.
Work with the Project Managers and the Department Manager to portray required information on drawings – approve equipment approval drawings through construction stages of the project – with submittals to vendors, suppliers, and engineering firms.
Assist in the scope of work kick off meeting on awarded project to ensure understanding of the scope of work by all parties, research and suggest layouts to maximize all aspects of the specifications and efficiency for the facility.
Review and approve all manufacturers drawings and structural engineered drawings to confirm they fit within the constraints of the project.
Review and reline all work prior to having the Engineering Manager review.
Maintain the library of drafting / drawing standards
Organize all electronic drawings during the project in accordance with project standards and procedures.
Follow all proper drafting standards and procedures regarding line weight, spelling, sheet layout and arrangement, scale detail, etc.
Additional duties as assigned
Designer, Drafter, Revit, AutoCAD, Grain Handling, Ethanol, Ag Facilities
|JOB TITLE:||Drafter||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|Drafting Supervisor||Department:||Research and Development|
The Drafter, under the direction of the Customer Support Document Manager, is responsible for drafting CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and assemblies using fabricated parts for design; reverse engineering
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of (2’-8’ structures and weldments)
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using -Solid works
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control / filing procedures
- Ability to interact with supervisors and peers
- Create 2D drawings or Electrical Schematics
- Create Customer Manuals using Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop and InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
Job Title: Engineering - Drafter 3
Targeting local candidates to work onsite.
Must have experience in the Telecom industry
Work Location: Hackberry, LA (Lake Charles area)
Telecoms Designer (Familiar with Telecoms Drawings: Access Control, CCTV, PAGA, etc.)
Work in field conditions/trailer in large scale industrial plant under construction
Manage field “redline” drawings and update to next revision
Ability to work under direction of field project engineer
Ability to work with ACAD or Microstation or other type of CAD system
Ability to navigate in SAP or other drawing archive system
Ability to do basic designer work in detailing installation standards
Ability to pass a drug test and industrial safety training
No education-requirement for this position.
Required: Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license and proof of insurance
• Review and comprehend specification and transpose the information and design requirements into a Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Layout Drawings (GA) for construction and proposal.
• Work with the Project Managers and the Department Manager to portray required information on drawings – approve equipment approval drawings through construction stages of the project – with submittals to vendors, suppliers, and engineering firms.
• Assist in the scope of work kick off meeting on awarded project to ensure understanding of the scope of work by all parties, research and suggest layouts to maximize all aspects of the specifications and efficiency for the facility.
• Review and approve all manufacturers drawings and structural engineered drawings to confirm they fit within the constraints of the project.
• Review and reline all work prior to having the Engineering Manager review.
• Maintain the library of drafting / drawing standards
• Organize all electronic drawings during the project in accordance with project standards and procedures.
• Follow all proper drafting standards and procedures regarding line weight, spelling, sheet layout and arrangement, scale detail, etc.
• Additional duties as assigned
1. Two years college education in drafting and design?
2. 2+ years of drafting / design experience?
3. Experience with AutoCAD and REVIT and able to develop Process Flow Diagrams and Layout/General Arrangement and fabrication drawings?
4. Experience in the following is desired: Renewable, Agricultural, and / or Industrial?
A/E Drafter 3
Architectural/Engineering Drafters prepare schematics, design development, working drawings and specifications for new construction and the renovation and remodeling of existing structures involving architectural, mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and plumbing design; conduct research to determinematerials, specifications and compliance with applicable codes and standards; estimate cost of projects; and prepare documents for contract bidding.
This position is within the Department of Administration, State Public Works Division section in Carson City, NV, and is supervised by the Chief of Design. The incumbent will develop preliminary and final working drawings for repair, remodel, and new construction projects based on the description provided by the Project Managers/Coordinators, utilizing Computer Aided Drafting design (CAD) software and accepted drafting techniques to create plans used by engineers and contractors.
The selected candidate is required to pass a pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting, along with a State of Nevada/FBI background check at time of employment; both will be paid for by the agency. In addition, the incumbent will also be required to travel up to 25% for this position.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-6_0/
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications) Graduation from high school or equivalent education and five years of progressively responsible architectural, mechanical and/or civil drafting experience. Education above the high school level in architectural, mechanical and/or civil drafting may be substituted for up to two years of experience on a year-for-year basis; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience; OR one year of experience as an A/E Drafter II in Nevada State service. Special Requirements A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Leidos is seeking a CAD Drafter in our Portland, OR office who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Solutions organization; specifically our Power Delivery division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for our utility clients Nation-wide. The CAD Drafter will work under the mentorship of a seasoned CAD Drafter in a fast paced environment to perform various drafting and detailing functions using MicroStation and AutoCAD software for various utility clients. This individual is expected to develop skills in the field of substation drafting and the ability to work with increased independence.
In this role the qualified individual will be working closely with multiple design engineers and designers to complete Drafting and Detailing tasks at a high level of quality, efficiency and productivity as required for execution of substation projects.
The main areas of expected work are described below:
Protection & Control, SCADA, Communications (Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, SCADA and Communication drawings, Control Building Layouts and Elevations, Panel Front Views and Cabinet Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Interconnection Drawings, AC/DC Station Service drawings and other miscellaneous drawings as required by project scope)
Physical Electrical (General Arrangement, Electrical Plans, Electrical Elevations, Sections and Details, Foundation Plans and Details, Structural Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Raceway Plan and Details, Equipment Vendor Files and other drawings as required by project scope).
Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD leads in Leidos offices.
Required Education & Experience:
3+ years experience with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD 2013 and Microstation V7/V8/V8i
High School diploma with CAD Certificate. Associates degree preferred.
Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
Proficiency with Windows XP/VISTA/7 operating system environments.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
Highly organized and efficient.
Ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
Ability to perform tasks in a fast paced engineering/production environment.
Associate of Applied Science in Drafting and Design from an accredited institution preferred.
Experience with 3-D modelling in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD preferred.
Knowledge of VBA and/or AutoLisp preferred.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Structural Revit Drafter (1082)
To be considered for this opportunity, you should have:
- A minimum of 3-5+ years of experience in a Structural Drafting / Modeling role
- 3+ years of experience using Revit
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Candidates with more than 5 years of total experience highly encouraged to apply. Your experience should be within an Engineering firm, working specifically on building projects, preferably having worked on a mix of projects in the commercial, institutional and multifamily residential markets.
Submit resume for confidential and immediate consideration.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!