Drafter Landscape Job Description Sample
|JOB TITLE:||Drafter||DATE REVISED:||7/29/2018|
|REPORTS TO:||Drafting Supervisor||Department:||Drafting|
The Drafter, under the direction of the Drafting Supervisor, is responsible for drafting CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and assemblies using fabricated parts for design; reverse engineering.
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of (2’-8’ structures and weldments)
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using -Solid works
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control / filing procedures
- Ability to interact with supervisors and peers
- Create 2D drawings or Electrical Schematics
- Create Customer Manuals using Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop and InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
Must be able to:
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Drafter may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require a reasonable accommodation to a known disability, are a qualified applicant or employee and if it will not impose an, “undue hardship” on the operation of the business, please notify a member of the Human Resources staff and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
Generates Autodesk Inventor / AutoCAD drawings illustrating various assemblies, details, dimensions, sectional views, tolerances, BOM, standard designs, ECO’s, etc. to convey specifications and design information to fabrication.
- Reads and interprets customer documents, design specifications and data sheets for drawing implementation.
- Prepares production design, pre‐buy, and sales sketches. Identifies design concerns and areas of uncertainty that need clarification.
- Creates accurate “to scale” Inventor/AutoCAD fabrication drawings. Completes “as‐built” and certified drawings.
- Prepares weldments (ASME). Applies concepts such as fractions, decimals and tolerances to satisfy drawing geometric requirements.
- Diligently reviews and self‐checks own drawings.
- Assists shop and sales personnel regarding drawing interpretation, dimensions, design concepts, clarification, etc.
- Completes drawings on time, following pre‐assigned deadlines and instruction.
- Maintains job file and all digital documentation in Autodesk Vault (Table Reviews/Redlines, data sheets and other documentation to accurately reflect design changes.)
- Prepares design calculations for Engineering Manager signoff.
- Reports daily progress to Engineering Manager and provide realistic estimates of drawing completion.
- Contacts vendors to request and gather component design information to incorporate into drawings.
- Manage and update part library database in Autodesk Inventor.
- Execute ECO in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Evaluates tolerance stack‐ups to insure proper fit of components and proper application of GD&T techniques.
- 2+ Years’ experience in Mechanical Drafting
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2017 or Newer
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor 2017 or Newer, knowledge with advanced features, as well as:
- Sheet Metal, iParts / iAssemblies, Parameters (FX), iLogic – (Writing and creating rules)
- Proficient in SAP Bills of Materials construction.
- Good understanding of Skeletal modeling and 3D parameterization techniques is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Vault Basic/Professional is needed
- Knowledge of design standards, procedures, and policies
- A general knowledge of metal fabrication tools and processes
- Skills in organizing, maintaining and managing information, keeping the vault file current and establishing documentation for each source of information.
- Skill in understanding and identifying necessary steps in completing a project.
- Ability to work independently in a team‐based environment and produce quality drawings and models in a timely manner.
- Able to read blueprints & interpret customer drawings & specifications.
- Well verse with MS Office Products, including Excel (formulas).
- Able to perform some calculations.
Medical, vision, life and dental insurance; LTD and STD
401k with an employer match; Sect. 125 plans and additional voluntary supplemental insurance
Available at no additional charge are city-wide regional centers to provide life-balance resources and counseling. Take advantage of experts in areas such as College Planning, Dependent Care, Legal and Financial consultations, Mediation and Home Ownership Programs, just to name a few.
Interior Landscape Technician
Electrical BIM Coordinator - Drafter - Full Relocation
Electrical Design Technical Drafter - Space Launch System
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!