Drafter Landscape Job Description Sample
Productionand maintenance of working and presentation drawings using CAD coordination ofengineering and architectural disciplines on a project basis. Assist with theplan check process, coordination of outside consultants, and special projectsas assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PerformCAD drafting to produce plot plans, model complex layouts, brochure minis and constructionoffice designs
Assistwith coordination between Architect, Landscape Architect, Structural Engineerand Civil Engineer for the timely design and processing of plans through designreview approval
Responsiblefor coordinating with outside consultants in obtaining peer review comments,foundation review comments, community noise analysis (sound study),etc
Responsiblefor various submittals and tracking/monitoring of progress with localjurisdiction
Estimatetake off projects
Reviewcivil and architectural construction documents
Coordinatelot fit analysis process
Performall other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONALREQUIREMENTS:
Four(4) - six (6) years AutoCAD R14/2004 experience in the Civil and Architecturaldiscipline
Two(2) years in home-building related experience
Associate'sor Bachelor's degree or higher in Architecture or Drafting/Design
Intermediateto advanced computer skills –Microsoft Word and Excel
Mustbe able to perform accurate, consistent and detail oriented work
Maintainregular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
Followdirections from a supervisor
Interactwell with co-workers
Understandand follow work rules and procedures
This isa sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend,stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25pounds or less. Finger dexterity isrequired to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May operate a motor vehicle.
Local company is seeking an employee to use AutoCAD to provide support to engineers by preparing zoning and construction drawing packages. Zoning and Construction drawings will include detailed site plans, equipment details, equipment wiring schematics, grading plans, building and tower elevations and various notes and details. Candidates will be expected to answer simple industry related design questions, but will refer to the engineer or supervisor for most questions or problems. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of drafting techniques, familiarity with engineering terminology, an eye for aesthetics and product quality and is generally a detail oriented individual.
Depending on availability and interest, this job may include field work, including measuring out cellular compounds and roof tops, taking photos of cellular sites and documenting on site conditions. Field work currently takes place in WA, OR, ID, AK, WY and MT. All travel expenses, including flights, rental cars, fuel, food per diem and hotel accommodations are covered by the company.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings.
- Reviews drawings for completeness and quality.
- Revises drawings from redlines provided by supervisors and/or clients.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Updates/maintains Drafting and Engineering Standards and library.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communications Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaboration Skills.
- If performing field work, overnight and day travel will be required for this position.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
|JOB TITLE:||Drafter||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|Drafting Supervisor||Department:||Research and Development|
The Drafter, under the direction of the Customer Support Document Manager, is responsible for drafting CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and assemblies using fabricated parts for design; reverse engineering
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of (2’-8’ structures and weldments)
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using -Solid works
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control / filing procedures
- Ability to interact with supervisors and peers
- Create 2D drawings or Electrical Schematics
- Create Customer Manuals using Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop and InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
Drafter - Designer
Valmet is the leading global developer and supplier of process technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Valmet's net sales in 2017 were over 3 billion Euro. Be part of a global team supporting our customers who convert renewable resources into recyclable products in a highly sustainable way
As a Technical Specialist for Valmet, you will play a key role in providing solutions and maintaining solid working relationships with our customers. In this position, you will review customer inquiry or order to understand what performance parts are required. Then prepare documentation to permit sourcing or pricing of required items.
Proper identification of specific parts utilizing Valmet documentation systems.
Gather drawings and BOM's needed to support spare parts group, and customers.
Provide technical support for Account Specialists, Sourcing, and Customers. Research technical information concerning the application of paper machine components to answer vendor questions regarding design specifications.
Preparation of updated documentation (BOMs, e-manuals) for customers and Account Specialists as needed.
Generate drawings, as requested by account team members. Check drawings generated by others, as part of the drawing process.
Occasionally visit customers to support technical details of spare parts projects, and to maintain customer relationship and satisfaction.
The right candidate will have a technical-based Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or related experience, ideally in an industrial environment. Valmet employees enjoy a competitive wage and a benefits package that includes a company funded pension plan, 401k with company match. Our working environment is team-orientated, international and focused on growth.
CAD Drafter (Orange County CA)
Analyze, prepare and ensure quality of CAD drawings (site plans, elevation, base level and level drawings)
Essential Job Functions
- Create and modify CAD Drawings for new site installations, revise CAD Drawings from field as-built drawings or sketches and create new CAD Drawings for unrecorded or newly acquired sites.
- Perform Quality Assurance check on final drawing products.
- Work closely with Asset Team to resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Provide positive feedback, support, and training to other AI Team members.
- Communicate effectively with other internal departments regarding information related to CAD drawing change requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent work experience
- Some experience working in a professional engineering/design department
- Proficient with AutoCAD software
- Ability to read and understand engineering documents
- Ability to analyze photos and field notes to ensure work order accuracy and quality
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of field measurement standards
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Ability to make decisions
Job Title: Engineering - Drafter 3
Targeting local candidates to work onsite.
Must have experience in the Telecom industry
Work Location: Hackberry, LA (Lake Charles area)
Telecoms Designer (Familiar with Telecoms Drawings: Access Control, CCTV, PAGA, etc.)
Work in field conditions/trailer in large scale industrial plant under construction
Manage field “redline” drawings and update to next revision
Ability to work under direction of field project engineer
Ability to work with ACAD or Microstation or other type of CAD system
Ability to navigate in SAP or other drawing archive system
Ability to do basic designer work in detailing installation standards
Ability to pass a drug test and industrial safety training
No education-requirement for this position.
Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking an Engineering Drafter to support our DISA GSM-O team in Pearl Harbor, HI. In this role you will be responsible for completing lays outs, drawing, and revising detailed part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data in a field of specialization such as structures, devices, mechanics, electrical, or electronics. Your work will be completed through computer-aided design (CAD) equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or CATIA.
Your duties will include completing details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices, determining scaling, inserting necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning, preparing specifications for parts, assemblies, and installations, preparing complete production detail drawings, contributing design modifications to improve quality of product and/or facilitating manufacturing operations.
This role requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain.
Completing details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices, determining scaling, inserting necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning, preparing specifications for parts, assemblies, and installations, preparing complete production detail drawings, contributing design modifications to improve quality of product and/or facilitating manufacturing operations.
Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with moderate impact on the area/ project team.
Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
May assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments.
Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically
limited in complexity.
External Referral Eligible
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain.
Must be able to attain a DOD Secret Clearance
Holds current IAT II 8570 certification or higher (Security+CE) or must be able to obtain Security+ CE certification within six months of hire.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Hobart Food Machines is a part of ITW Food Equipment Group. This position will be based in Troy, Ohio.
Daily, this position will support engineers and designers in the creation and maintenance of design documentation. Normal activities will include 3D solid modeling using Solidworks and occasionally older CAD packages. Typical documentation packages will include detail, assembly and layout models and drawings, bills of material and written change request documents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
● 3D Modeling.
● Producing drawings and drawing changes.
● Create and analyze layouts, sketches, calculations and tolerance studies.
● Gather costs and tooling investment for new designs.
● Assist with part procurement and prototype construction.
● Assist with maintaining manual, libraries, engineering documents etc. (e.g. KCL, Revit, Machine Data Sheets, Device Schematics, Current/Discontinued List...).
● Associates Degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience preferred.
● Demonstrated 3D modeling expertise using Solidworks.
● Previous experience with Bills of Materials and requirements planning preferred.
● Legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer and will not require employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
● Experience with Epicore/Vantage ERP system.
● Experience with FMEA and Design for Assembly.
Pre-employment screenings performed (which includes background checks and drug screening)
ITWFEG is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, ITWFEG is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, short and long term disability benefits, holiday and vacation pay, 401(k) with liberal matching funds, and educational reimbursement.
ITW FEG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For individuals with disabilities who may need help with the application process, ITW- Hobart offers a contact to evaluate requests for assistance and, where appropriate, provide a reasonable accommodation to help the applicants to apply. If you would like this assistance, please call 937-840-5101. Note: Only requests for assistance to apply due to a disability will be responded to.
Telecommunications CAD Designer / Drafter Wall Township NJ
BroadStaff? is happy to represent our client, an Engineering Services firm, on a Telecommunications CAD Designer position. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity in Wall, New Jersey.
We are seeking a skilled AutoCAD Designer responsible for planning, updating, redlining, and designing drawings in accordance with client standards and procedures. The candidate will need working knowledge and experience in leasing, permitting, design and construction. Ideal candidates will have exposure to telecommunications and infrastructure drawings.
Design, draft and review construction drawings; with emphasis in structural, cell towers, mounts, modifications, and rooftops.
Prepare lease exhibits, zoning, and construction drawings.
Ensure all documentation is available and without error.
Conduct necessary research that corresponds with specific site locations. (Utilizing aerial images to locate coordinates, companies, and jurisdictions).
Determine and set up a working method for all CAD templates and files that correspond with client requirements and specifications.
Responsible for employing quality control processes to ensure all required aspects of the project are carried out properly and completed.
Adapt to diversity of projects, deadlines, and fast-paced environment.
3 years of professional AutoDesk, AutoCAD experience.
Certificate or equivalent degree in Drafting or CAD.
Telecommunications industry experience preferred.
Strong inclination toward mathematics.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
Willing to be subjected to CAD test as part of selection.
Ability to work overtime if needed.
Leidos is rated in LinkedIn's top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. We are seeking a CAD/CAM Drafter to support a Department of Defense contract aimed at rapid prototyping and testing of new systems. This position is located at a customer site in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
As the CAD/CAM Drafter, you will work primarily as a drafter, and may occasionally interpret designs prepared by others to complete minor details. You will work with engineers, fabricators, and technicians to provide feedback, incorporate design changes, and support prototype fabrication and integration. The successful candidate will demonstrate a keen attention to detail and provide effective communication supported by a philosophy of continuous improvement and standardized work processes.
Prepare CAD/CAM drawings and models of unusual, complex, or original designs with a high degree of precision
Ensure anticipated problems in manufacture, assembly, and installation and operation are resolved by drawings produced
Exercise independent judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on knowledge of design intent
May provide advice and guidance to junior-level drafters
May coordinate or plan large, complex drafting projects
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
AA/2-year degree in Engineering Technology or related scientific/technical discipline
8 or more years relevant experience. An additional 4 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education
Experience with Creo and WIndchill
Experience with electrical schematic drafting and design
Able to work independently with minimal supervision
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Per contractual requirements, US Citizenship is required and able to obtain a Secret security clearance. Active Secret clearance strongly preferred.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience with drafting and design of communications-electronics or military systems
Experience with Creo Sheet Metal Module and large assemblies
Knowledge of computer aided manufacturing (CAM) operation
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!