Drafter Patent Job Description Sample
Patent Searcher -- Mechanical Engineering / Medical Devices
|JOB TITLE:||Drafter||DATE REVISED:||7/29/2018|
|REPORTS TO:||Drafting Supervisor||Department:||Drafting|
The Drafter, under the direction of the Drafting Supervisor, is responsible for drafting CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and assemblies using fabricated parts for design; reverse engineering.
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of (2’-8’ structures and weldments)
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using -Solid works
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control / filing procedures
- Ability to interact with supervisors and peers
- Create 2D drawings or Electrical Schematics
- Create Customer Manuals using Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop and InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
Must be able to:
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Drafter may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require a reasonable accommodation to a known disability, are a qualified applicant or employee and if it will not impose an, “undue hardship” on the operation of the business, please notify a member of the Human Resources staff and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
Adjunct Instructor For Patent Law
Generates Autodesk Inventor / AutoCAD drawings illustrating various assemblies, details, dimensions, sectional views, tolerances, BOM, standard designs, ECO’s, etc. to convey specifications and design information to fabrication.
- Reads and interprets customer documents, design specifications and data sheets for drawing implementation.
- Prepares production design, pre‐buy, and sales sketches. Identifies design concerns and areas of uncertainty that need clarification.
- Creates accurate “to scale” Inventor/AutoCAD fabrication drawings. Completes “as‐built” and certified drawings.
- Prepares weldments (ASME). Applies concepts such as fractions, decimals and tolerances to satisfy drawing geometric requirements.
- Diligently reviews and self‐checks own drawings.
- Assists shop and sales personnel regarding drawing interpretation, dimensions, design concepts, clarification, etc.
- Completes drawings on time, following pre‐assigned deadlines and instruction.
- Maintains job file and all digital documentation in Autodesk Vault (Table Reviews/Redlines, data sheets and other documentation to accurately reflect design changes.)
- Prepares design calculations for Engineering Manager signoff.
- Reports daily progress to Engineering Manager and provide realistic estimates of drawing completion.
- Contacts vendors to request and gather component design information to incorporate into drawings.
- Manage and update part library database in Autodesk Inventor.
- Execute ECO in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Evaluates tolerance stack‐ups to insure proper fit of components and proper application of GD&T techniques.
- 2+ Years’ experience in Mechanical Drafting
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2017 or Newer
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor 2017 or Newer, knowledge with advanced features, as well as:
- Sheet Metal, iParts / iAssemblies, Parameters (FX), iLogic – (Writing and creating rules)
- Proficient in SAP Bills of Materials construction.
- Good understanding of Skeletal modeling and 3D parameterization techniques is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Vault Basic/Professional is needed
- Knowledge of design standards, procedures, and policies
- A general knowledge of metal fabrication tools and processes
- Skills in organizing, maintaining and managing information, keeping the vault file current and establishing documentation for each source of information.
- Skill in understanding and identifying necessary steps in completing a project.
- Ability to work independently in a team‐based environment and produce quality drawings and models in a timely manner.
- Able to read blueprints & interpret customer drawings & specifications.
- Well verse with MS Office Products, including Excel (formulas).
- Able to perform some calculations.
Medical, vision, life and dental insurance; LTD and STD
401k with an employer match; Sect. 125 plans and additional voluntary supplemental insurance
Available at no additional charge are city-wide regional centers to provide life-balance resources and counseling. Take advantage of experts in areas such as College Planning, Dependent Care, Legal and Financial consultations, Mediation and Home Ownership Programs, just to name a few.
Patent Prosecution Patent Agent - Bay Area Or TX
Patent Prosecution Patent Agent - Bay Area or Texas
One of our top law firm's is seeking a patent agent or technical specialist with strong academic credentials and passion for technology. Can be based out of Oakland, San Francisco, Silicon Valley or Texas offices. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of patent prosecution experience. Additionally, the person hired for this position should be comfortable with software technology and have significant experience, including the following.
- Drafting high-quality domestic and/or foreign patent applications in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering and similar technologies
- Prosecuting domestic and/or foreign patent applications in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering and similar technologies
- Communicating, orally and/or by writing, legal and technical arguments for responding to various communications from domestic and/or foreign patent offices
- Drafting various communications, such as strategic recommendations to clients, persuasive arguments and/or general research and writing to support the practice
This position offers an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology with a team of dedicated and collaborative patent professionals.
- Has excellent written communication skills and an ability to produce written work product that is concise and effective
- Is conscientious with a proven attention to detail
- Possesses strong analytical skills and an ability to offer unique perspectives on complex issues
- Is organized and efficient with disciplined time management skills
- Embraces teamwork and works effectively with others who have different styles
- 2+ years of patent drafting and prosecution experience is required
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics or equivalent practical experience is required
- USPTO patent bar admission is preferred
- Please include undergraduate, graduate and/or law school transcripts with application
- Please also include writing samples (e.g., one or more published patent applications, one or more publicly-available responses to office actions)
- All candidates should be admitted or eligible to practice before the USPTO
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
*Referral fee applies only if and when the candidate referred to us is hired by the firm seeking candidates.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Associate Director / Patent Attorney II, Chemistry (Nibri, Cambridge)
Chief Patent Counsel
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!