Drafter Plumbing Job Description Sample
|JOB TITLE:||Drafter||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|Drafting Supervisor||Department:||Research and Development|
The Drafter, under the direction of the Customer Support Document Manager, is responsible for drafting CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and assemblies using fabricated parts for design; reverse engineering
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of (2’-8’ structures and weldments)
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using -Solid works
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control / filing procedures
- Ability to interact with supervisors and peers
- Create 2D drawings or Electrical Schematics
- Create Customer Manuals using Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop and InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
Designer / Drafter – Agricultural / Industrial Industry
Two years college education in drafting and design, preferably with a minimum of 2 years in the agricultural industry. Must know & be competent with AutoCAD and REVIT and be able to develop Process Flow Diagrams and Layout/General Arrangement and fabrication drawings. Experience in the following is desired: Renewable, Agricultural, and / or Industrial
Required: Must possess and maintain a current driver’s license and proof of insurance
Review and comprehend specification and transpose the information and design requirements into a Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Layout Drawings (GA) for construction and proposal.
Work with the Project Managers and the Department Manager to portray required information on drawings – approve equipment approval drawings through construction stages of the project – with submittals to vendors, suppliers, and engineering firms.
Assist in the scope of work kick off meeting on awarded project to ensure understanding of the scope of work by all parties, research and suggest layouts to maximize all aspects of the specifications and efficiency for the facility.
Review and approve all manufacturers drawings and structural engineered drawings to confirm they fit within the constraints of the project.
Review and reline all work prior to having the Engineering Manager review.
Maintain the library of drafting / drawing standards
Organize all electronic drawings during the project in accordance with project standards and procedures.
Follow all proper drafting standards and procedures regarding line weight, spelling, sheet layout and arrangement, scale detail, etc.
Additional duties as assigned
Designer, Drafter, Revit, AutoCAD, Grain Handling, Ethanol, Ag Facilities
CAD Drafter (Orange County CA)
Analyze, prepare and ensure quality of CAD drawings (site plans, elevation, base level and level drawings)
Essential Job Functions
- Create and modify CAD Drawings for new site installations, revise CAD Drawings from field as-built drawings or sketches and create new CAD Drawings for unrecorded or newly acquired sites.
- Perform Quality Assurance check on final drawing products.
- Work closely with Asset Team to resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Provide positive feedback, support, and training to other AI Team members.
- Communicate effectively with other internal departments regarding information related to CAD drawing change requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent work experience
- Some experience working in a professional engineering/design department
- Proficient with AutoCAD software
- Ability to read and understand engineering documents
- Ability to analyze photos and field notes to ensure work order accuracy and quality
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of field measurement standards
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Ability to make decisions
TEMP 3-6 months
Draws and revises detailed part, assembly and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data for RF/Microwave components and assemblies utilizing computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as AutoCAD, Camtastic and AutoGERB; prepare specifications for parts, assemblies and installations; prepare complete production detail drawings and contribute design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations; performs work of semi-routine nature.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Generate new drawings with engineer or designer input (schematics, block diagrams, flow charts); incorporate engineering change orders involving simple design changes.
- Enter parts list data into Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems.
- Perform simple hybrid, Printed Wiring Board (PWB) and RF substrate layout changes.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of related drafting experience required; training in GD&T and AutoCAD, required. Solidworks is a plus.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs; ability to use computer-aided design software suites; AutoCAD, Camastic and AutoGERB computer-aided design software;
- Math & Analytical skills: basic Algebra; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements;
- Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
- Preferred. May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Structural Drafter / Designer - Revit (945)
To qualify for the position, applicants should have AutoCad and Revit experience including experience in Revit Modeling for Structural Buildings projects. 3+ years experience is desirable. Revit Cerification a plus.
- Well established, industry leading Engineering firm
- Strong company culture with employee events throughout the year
- Continuing Education opportunities
- Cutting edge technology and interesting projects
- Strong commitment to advancing BIM technology with opportunities for passionate professionals looking to work with advanced technology systems
What you will do
The drafter is responsible for creating and revising drawings, maintaining Creo models, and working within a team environment. Direct responsibility includes centrifugal compressor development and sustaining efforts. This position has significant growth potential and the ideal candidate will approach the role accordingly.
How you will do it
Given sketches, markups, spreadsheets and verbal instruction, and using Creo 4.0 software, prepare drawings of piece parts and complex assemblies of precision machine components.
Prepare and revise bills of material for assemblies and text descriptions of parts.
Demonstrate knowledge of drafting procedures
Demonstrate knowledge and use of engineering and commercial standards for design application.
Demonstrate basic knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Understanding of SAP or other Material Resource Planning software to investigate existing material and BOMs.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
What we look for
The ideal candidate will have an Associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
Experience in Creo 4.0/Windchill
Experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Design experience in rotating machinery, cast parts, and GD&T is highly desired
Must be able to travel globally up to 10% per year
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Manufacturing Engineer Intern: Drafter (Tool Design) - Lati Only
Early Career Program overview
The Terex Internship Program immerses high potential students in challenging real-world projects which directly help drive business results at our global organization. Our rich beliefs in innovation and continuous improvement, paired with the diverse and creative mindsets of our students, leads to the development of our best-in-class products, positively impacting the lives of people all around the world.
We are committed to the personal and professional development of our students and are proud to encourage their growth into our leaders of tomorrow.
This position is an entry level position to the Manufacturing Engineering Team gaining experience and knowledge of various manufacturing processes, problem solving and lean manufacturing. Responsibilities include developing new and improving current manufacturing processes with regards to layout, work sequence, time studies, fixtures/tools/equipment, and material flow. Additionally, this person will provide production line support for technical issues and work closely with production management in the continuous improvement of existing manufacturing systems, processes and equipment.
Investigate usage problems for a root cause
Assist implementing any tools/fixtures/equipment to processes
Support ECO implementation
Assist with Quality defect root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation
Assist in Safety initiatives and related projects
Participate in kaizen activities
Provide support and analysis for special projects as assigned.
Pursuing a bachelor's degree Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
Current level in college: Junior, Senior, Graduate Student
Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
Understanding of JIT, Lean Thinking and Single Piece Flow.
Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
Teachable, and willing / able to teach others.
Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel software, MS powerpoint
Able to read blue prints (primarily assembly, welding a plus)
Ability to work in a fast paced & changing environment.
Able to work individually and in a team environment
Nice to haves
Positive and energetic.
Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks/projects at one time.
Attention to detail and accuracy
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Sr. Design Drafter
Provide all design services to the Validation team for exchange to accomplish bid solicitation for store construction. Answer RFI's, whenever possible, or refer them to the Assistant Project Manager. Ensure designs incorporate safe access, egress, signage and parking and that utility ties are accurate to support the permitting process. Incorporate new prototypes into design process.
Provide design/drafting services for assigned projects.
Propose modifications to prototypes to satisfy community or site issues Interface with Support as possible prototypes emerge Review all exchange information and due diligence from Real Estate prior to commencing design.
Incorporate permitting results into store design Provide information to Estimating for pricing/running Proforma calculations Report status of each assigned store to the Project Manager
An Associate's degree (two-year program) or equivalent
Formal training program in Architectural Technology/Engineering
Three to five years experience
Requisition ID: 77607
Mass Electric Construction Company:
Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction's philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC-Transportation has a 55-year tradition of outstanding performance on some of the nation's most high-profile transportation projects. To date we have completed over $3 billion of transportation projects nationwide. With our skilled and dedicated personnel, combined with cutting edge installation methods and project controls, MEC is setting new standards across every aspect of the market.
The CAD Engineer is responsible for plotting detailed design drawings, modifying plans, preparing quantities, checking design drawings and various other tasks related to drawings.
Prepares means and methods drawings per MECT standards/guides by using designated software (AutoCAD)
Responsible for continuously reviewing and modifying submitted drawings
Reviews drawings and asserts changes based on field input from segment Project Managers and Project Engineers
Works closely with various department managers and engineers
Keeps quantity book for major volumes as well as red line and as built version of the Project being built
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
AutoCAD (Civil 3D) software experience is required
A Survey/ Engineering background required
Microstation software experience is not required but strongly preferred
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Ability to effectively communicate both written and oral
Strong organizational skills
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!