Drafter Structural Job Description Sample
Structural Revit Drafter (1082)
To be considered for this opportunity, you should have:
- A minimum of 3-5+ years of experience in a Structural Drafting / Modeling role
- 3+ years of experience using Revit
- Experience working with AutoCAD
- Candidates with more than 5 years of total experience highly encouraged to apply. Your experience should be within an Engineering firm, working specifically on building projects, preferably having worked on a mix of projects in the commercial, institutional and multifamily residential markets.
Submit resume for confidential and immediate consideration.
Small structural consulting engineering and design / build firm specializing in residential and light commercial structures is seeking for a part-time and full-time structural drafter to produce structural CAD drawings that meets industry and company standards.
- Drafting and detailing residential and light commercial structures
- Reviewing shop drawings layout
- Proficiency in AutoCad 2010 or better and MS Office products.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad Revit.
- Associate Degree minimum
- Experience in Architectural Drafting.
- Ability to setup foundation plans including concrete footing, pier and post-tensioned slab systems.
- Ability to setup roof and floor system framing plans.
- Ability to setup and create structural details
- Possession of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform self-study and research in order to address issues.
- Critical thinking skills necessary for problem solving.
- Possession of attention to detail and ability to review work performed for accuracy.
We are a growing firm that offers competitive wages, as well as health care benefits, holidays, vacations and a friendly work environment.
|JOB TITLE:||Drafter||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|Drafting Supervisor||Department:||Research and Development|
The Drafter, under the direction of the Customer Support Document Manager, is responsible for drafting CAD drawings of components, subassemblies and assemblies using fabricated parts for design; reverse engineering
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of (2’-8’ structures and weldments)
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using -Solid works
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control / filing procedures
- Ability to interact with supervisors and peers
- Create 2D drawings or Electrical Schematics
- Create Customer Manuals using Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop and InDesign
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
Summary: Under close supervision, this position is responsible for providing engineering with hands on drafting support (2D & 3D) necessary for the manufacturing of compressors, air-dryers, piping systems, structural skids, packaged assemblies, mechanical equipment, controls, etc. Duties include working in conjunction with design engineers, project and shop personnel to produce detailed lay outs, hand sketches and project notes that will be loaded into the software to produce the blueprints necessary to manufacture the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for compressors, air-dryers, piping systems, structural skids, packaged assemblies, mechanical equipment, dies/tools, controls, etc. using computer-assisted design and drafting (CADD) computer software
Work in conjunction with design engineers, project and shop personnel to produce detailed lay outs, hand sketches/drawings and project notes to convert into CADD blueprints
Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs including the procedures and instructions to be followed
Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems
Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials
Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines
Confer with shop personnel to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to assembly procedures and instructions
Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems
Verify the nominal fits of all parts as they are detailed from an overall layout
Plot and manage CAD files, original plots, and CNC part programs per company standards and manage the electronic file backups.
Incorporate red-lines to original drawings from shop drawings as delegated by engineering
Self-check and correct all work prior to submitting for final review/production
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Creo Designer/ Drafter
Description Skills and requirements:
PTC CREO 3.0 Pro Sheetmetal, Piping, Cabling, Surfacing Autocad 2010 Experience designing sheet metal parts, structural weldments, Electro-Mechanical packaging, large and small welded and/or bolted assemblies, fiberglass and plastic parts Experience with corrosion protection (ie. Paint, Powder Coat, anodizing, zinc plating) Experience creating bill of materials, Engineering change procedure, technical writing skills, and creating work instructions Experience working in a manufacturing environment, interfacing with factory workers, purchasing, communication with suppliers and customers, and interdepartmental interaction
Education and Work Experience: Bachelor's degree in related field with 2 years experience Associate Degree in related field with 3 years experience High School Diploma with 5 years experience
Completes complex drawings to suit engineering changes and initiates.
Completes the creation of complex design layout and detail drawings of complex products.
Performs compilation of materials and specification sheets.
Performs dimensions/specification determination necessary on complex drawings for effective manufacturing.
Performs the designs of cost-effective complex products with adherence to applicable industry and customer standards/specifications.
Completes complex investigations related to product design and maintenance.
Performs review of complex engineering drawings and supporting documents for adherence to drafting standards.
Completes planning test programs. Selects material based on application
May coordinate procurement.
Completes complex drawings to suit engineering changes and initiates engineering changes. Completes the creation of complex design layout and detail drawings of complex products.
Performs compilation of materials and specification sheets. Performs dimensions/specification determination necessary on complex drawings for effective manufacturing. Performs the designs of cost-effective complex products with adherence to applicable industry and customer standards/specifications.
Completes complex investigations related to product design and maintenance. Performs review of complex engineering drawings and supporting documents for adherence to drafting standards. Completes planning test programs. Selects material based on application; may coordinate procurement.
Our client in Solano County is looking for a drafter to join their team who will work closely with the project manager and drafting manager. This position will start out as temporary and will become a permanent position.
Effectively use AutoCAD to produce accurate CAD drawings of IMP structures and buildings according to generally accepted drafting and construction practices.
Effectively and accurately complete assigned drafting and BoM tasks with guidance.
Effectively produce basic/box projects with minimal unusual conditions or unusual product applications (e.G. Horizontal, cold-storage, etc.) with few errors.
Read and understand drafting schedule to determine priorities with the aid of Project Manager(s) and/or Drafting Manager.
Possess basic understanding of construction engineering and use AWIP calculators/spreadsheets effectively and properly.
Follow SOP/Best practices.
Gain basic proficiency in construction terminology.
Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Completion of AutoCAD I course and 1+ year experience with AutoCAD, or equivalent proficiency.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook primarily).
Experience in the construction industry with regards to drafting is a huge plus. Civil/structural engineering exposure is also a plus.
Bill of materials and/or material takeoff experience is desirable. We are looking for someone that has the ability to quantify parts and pieces and create an accurate bill of materials using a proprietary spreadsheet.
-AutoCAD proficiency, specially 2D
Prior construction experience is a huge plus
Proficient in MS Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
Draws and revises detailed part, assembly and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data for RF/Microwave components and assemblies utilizing computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as AutoCAD, Camtastic and AutoGERB; prepare specifications for parts, assemblies and installations; prepare complete production detail drawings and contribute design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations; performs work of semi-routine nature.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Generate new drawings with engineer or designer input (schematics, block diagrams, flow charts); incorporate engineering change orders involving simple design changes.
- Enter parts list data into Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems.
- Perform simple hybrid, Printed Wiring Board (PWB) and RF substrate layout changes.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of related drafting experience required; training in GD&T and AutoCAD, required. Solidworks is a plus.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs; ability to use computer-aided design software suites; AutoCAD, Camastic and AutoGERB computer-aided design software;
- Math & Analytical skills: basic Algebra; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements;
- Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
- Preferred. May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
IG Sales & Systems Design Drafter
Perform engineering and design assistance, supporting with creation of dimension drawings, coordination with suppliers, parts list generation as well as order based technical documentation.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Must have Mechanical /Technical Associate's Degree or equivalent experience with Industrial Gears and Industrial Gear Systems components.
Generate manufacturing drawings of Industrial Gear Systems components and coordination with suppliers (e.g. bed plates and swing bases).
Generate customized project outline, assembly and detail drawings.
Perform order based technical approvals on supplier drawings and order acknowledgements.
Perform cost evaluations.
Generate order based technical documentation for Industrial Gear Systems.
Generate parts lists for assembly for ATO's (Assembly to Order) and ETO's (Engineered to Order).
Produce order based technical documentation as spare parts lists, compiling manuals and operation instructions for complete Industrial Gear System Packages.
Inspect supplier parts and customer supplied parts.
Coordinate with Inventory and Order Fulfillment.
Provide technical support to Industrial Gear Assembly.
Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
May be required to travel on Company business to any required destination domestically as well as overseas. May be required to stay overnight for extended periods of time, obtain lodging, and occasionally conduct business in the evenings, weekends, and holidays and outside of normal business hours.
Possess and maintain a valid Driver's License and driving record satisfactory to SEW-EURODRIVE or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
Follow all customer safety rules, including the passing of any required drug screens.
Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
Perform other tasks as requested.
Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company's expectations. Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
Ability to follow instruction, written and verbal.
Ability to organize workload for timely accomplishment of work.
Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
Possess strong overall office skills, including use of computers, their applications, and other office equipment.
Must be able to occasionally sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, push and pull, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel.
Must have good Solid Works knowledge or other software required for the job.
Ability to read and understand parts lists, catalogs, price books, general factory instructions and other technical documents.
Ability to read customer technical specifications.
Prefer knowledge in and use of SEW-EURODRIVE engineering programs.
Additional job requirements and responsibilities would be discussed during the interview process.
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Drafter, CAD to join the OCL Team in St. Louis, MO. In this role, the individual will Use CAD software to provide support to engineering by preparing layouts, detail drawings, 3D solid models, assembly drawings, sketches, instructions & diagrams for jobs and projects be processed. They will also maintain and update existing products as well as design and develop new products.
What Will You Do?
Process job packages to production.
Update existing drawings.
Work with Engineers generating 3-D model assemblies, mechanical assemblies, detail drawings, customer drawings, and assembly/installation instruction sheets.
Prepares design specification, analysis, and recommendations for presentation and approval. Create and modify detailed drawings from sketches, architectural plans, layouts, or notes provided by engineering.
Support other departments with illustrations, rendered models, and other documents as requested.
Assist engineering leaders in working with vendors and inspect first piece sample parts.
Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- 2 years of Solidworks training experience or Solidworks certificate.
- 2 + years experience in SolidWorks software creating 3d solid models.
Collaborate with others to establish timelines and budgets, as well as solve problems.
Knowledge of industry, engineering, math, and materials.
Ability to analyze data and situation and come up with creative solutions.
Exceptional computer skills, knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data base software, proficiency with various e-mail, calendaring, meeting management and related communications software.
Strong organizational, time management and leadership/coaching skills, as well as project management skills.
Be highly collaborative and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
Be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
Every day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand's Lighting Sector
Through Pinnacle, Finelite, and OCL, Legrand designs and manufactures high performance, environmentally sustainable lighting solutions and products for commercial, educational and healthcare facilities. We work with leading architects and contractors to supply systems and products. We employ a talented group of lighting engineers and designers who work with the latest technologies, using cutting-edge tools to create fixtures which are unique and built to last. Our products offer the design professional a complete palette of integrated products that breathe
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!