Drafter Tool Design Job Description Sample
Design - Drafter
This position is located in Dublin, OH.
Kinetics Noise Control, Inc. (Dublin, Ohio) is currently seeking a Designer/Drafter familiar with the design of steel components and fabrications to work in our HVAC application group. In this position, the applicant would be responsible for the design and selection of both standard isolation components and frames used to reduce the transmission of vibrations into buildings. You would also be responsible for the selection of components used to restrain building mechanical components against seismic or high wind events. The position offers a competitive base salary, profit sharing, bonus, as well as a retirement and comprehensive benefit package. This position is being made available as a result of company growth.
- A two year Trade School or Engineering Degree with a focus on CAD and design.
- Must be able to operate independently
- Must have an ability to read and interpret Architectural drawings and documents
- A minimum of 2 years of design experience
- Must be a good communicator
- Must be organized
- Must be comfortable with taking instruction
In this position you will:
Work closely with Contractors, Engineers, and other Designers and Drafters to review customer requirements, select and tailor appropriate standard components to meet the job requirements or design custom components where standard components do not exist. You will review customer provided documents and specifications to locate and size components used to resist wind seismic forces.
Interface internally with Manufacturing, Sales, and Customer Service.
Interface externally with off-site manufacturing facilities, Vibration Consultants, Structural Engineers, Contractors and Manufacturer’s Representatives.
Mechanical Design - Drafter Solidworks (Data Scale)
Data Scale is a manufacturer of automated liquid filling and material handling systems for over 40 years, providing expert advice and custom solutions for filling liquids into pails, drums and totes. Data Scale is currently looking for a Mechanical Drafter in the East Bay Area. This is a great opportunity for exposure to all aspect of design and manufacture of industrial equipment. This is a full or part time position. (www.datascale.com).
- Converting Auto CAD drawings to SolidWorks
- Execute subsystem design projects from sketches and rough concepts, modify existing designs, and work with suppliers to quote and fabricate parts
- Create and maintain bills of materials, assemble, install and perform subsystem testing, and manage rework
- Create part drawings, assembly drawings, and models of purchase parts in SolidWorks to Data Scale standards
- Assemble parts and validate performance
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Projects involve converting AutoCAD drawings to SolidWorks
- Synchronizing part numbers/model numbers to new scheme
- Making a list of part numbers that need to be changed
- Ensuring model/part numbers match database information
- Update database with new entries
- Proficient in SolidWorks (minimum 2 years) for creating detail and assembly drawings
- Must pass CAD & SolidWorks test during interview
- Experience with equipment design, specifications fabrication, installation, and validation. Ability to read and understand mechanical prints and specifications
- Knowledge of various sheet metal fabrication and welding procedures and practices a plus
- Excellent communication skills, be resourceful, and be able to work independently
- High degree of mechanical aptitude and hands-on ability, attention to detail
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
To apply for this position, send your resume to Terry Lowe – email@example.com
- Search Jobs
- Search Position Library
- Create Account
- Log In
Human Resources Contact Information
Note to Permanent City of Columbia employees: Click Here if you need to update your contact information.
FY 2018 Pay Grid for Permanent Positions
2018 Pay Grid for Temporary Positions
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like tobookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Performs land surveying, design drafting, and uses engineering software to prepare diagrams, construction plans, exhibits for council and public and construction capital improvement projects.Essential Job Functions
Survey land in preparation for improvement and rehabilitation projects.
Draft diagrams, detail drawings, and construction plans for engineering improvement projects and rehabilitation of streets and sidewalks.
Read and mark plans based on field observations and measurements to ensure accuracy of plans and acquire data for the design of projects.
Resolve construction issues as needed; ensure specific deviations are communicated and coordinated.
Update and maintain utility maps, street number systems maps, plats, subdivisions, and other engineering records based on as built, survey notes and other information.
Inspect land disturbance and erosion control issues at construction sites to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.Ancillary Job Functions
Assist property owners, utility companies, contractors and other citizens with project-related questions and issues.
Manage select capital improvement surveying and design projects.
Conduct engineering surveys or other fieldwork as needed.
Perform other related duties as assigned.Education and Experience- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
Requires a High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering, Construction, Drafting, Surveying, or related field is preferred.
A minimum of three years of relevant experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to perform the essential job functions is acceptable.
Must maintain a valid drivers license and safe driving record.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
Ability to proficiently use personal computer and related software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD drafting software, Civil 3D engineering software and ArcGIS mapping software.
Knowledge of basic surveying, construction, and engineering principles, practices, and methods.
Knowledge of drafting and some knowledge of construction standards and specifications.
Considerable knowledge of geometry and basic mathematical calculations used in engineering drawing and drafting.
Considerable knowledge of maps, deeds, plats, and plans.
Ability to maintain a variety of technical records and adapt records systems for computerization.
Ability to read and design engineering drawings, plans, maps, and other records.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.Work Environment Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job
May be exposed to wet/humid conditions, inclement outdoor weather, vibration, airborne particles/fumes, loud noise levels, or risk of electrical shock.
May be required to work in confined spaces, hazardous traffic conditions, or high/dangerous places.Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Must be able to feel attributes of objects, grasp, push, stand, walk, drive, reach with hands/arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb/balance.
Must be able to have repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer.
Must have clarity of vision at 20 inches or less, three-dimensional vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
May be required to lift 100 or more pounds.
Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.Hours/Days
None.Starting Salary$17.589/hr. to $21.547/hr.Pay GradeA10Number of Positions Available1Deadline to Apply02/22/2018Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsNotice to ApplicantsIndividuals needing accommodation to apply may call 573.874.7235
TTY: 711 (MO RELAY)
THE CITY OF COLUMBIA IS A MERIT, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: MALE / FEMALE
THE CITY OF COLUMBIA REQUIRES PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING
The City of Columbia participates in the federal E-Verify work authorization program
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Why are you interested in this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe any experience, education, or training you have that specifically qualifies you for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a valid Missouri Driver's License?
- How did you hear about this job?
- Newspaper- Boone County Journal
- Newspaper- Columbia Daily Tribune
- Newspaper- Jefferson City News Tribune
- Newspaper- Kansas City Times
- Newspaper- St. Louis Post Dispatch
- Newspaper- The Employment Guide
- Website- City of Columbia
- Website- Careers in Government
- Website- Greathires.com
- Cable Channel
- City Employee
- Internal Job Posting
- Missouri Municipal League
- Radio Ad
- TV Ad
- Zip Recruiter
- Social Media
- Other (Please explain)
- If you answered "Other (Please explain)", please enter how you learned about this job below.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
2012 City of Columbia
Carrier Process Equipment Group (CPEG), a Louisville based company has an immediate requirement for a Design Drafter. In this role the candidate will complete drawings for processing equipment.
· Create equipment models using Autodesk Inventor.
· Create approval and fabrication drawing packages.
· Interface with Project Engineers and customers.
· (2) Year technical degree.
· 2 years experience with Autodesk Inventor.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Good working knowledge algebra and trigonometry.
· Experience with capital equipment design such as conveying or processing equipment is a plus.
· Overtime required to complete important projects.
The selected candidates will receive benefits including:
· Competitive salary with yearly bonus potential.
· Company stock (ESOP).
· Paid vacation.
· 401K plan.
· Medical, dental, vision, life, short-term/long-term disability insurance.
Design Drafter I
We are seeking an Design Drafter I to join our Engineering team. Design Drafters carry out assignments associated with the research, design, and development of company products. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, capable of maintaining accuracy with minimum supervisor, and has the ability to work independently or in team.
Investigates and procures all data required to develop an engineering design.
Solves mechanical and fabrication problems covering various assigned projects.
Prepares preliminary sketches and schematic diagrams for product development.
Employs the best combination of preliminary information and contributing data to develop final designs.
Thoroughly familiar with part numbering systems, blueprint files, and drafting procedures.
Coordinates work of designer/drafters assigned to project.
Performs other duties as required.
High school graduate; 2 years college or equivalent in applicable trade school.
Minimum 3 years of experience in drafting; all phases of mechanical and electrical drafting.
Must be familiar with machine shop practices.
Must be able to use AutoCAD and Inventor to prepare and develop drawings.
Ability to work independently and be a team player.
Must be detail-oriented and capable of maintaining accuracy with minimum oversight.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability.
• Data acquisition systems
• Cockpit engine instrumentation
• Portable engine test sets
• Airborne engine health & performance monitoring systems
We offer engineering and repair services, support for out-of production and obsolete electronic components, and repair and overhaul of ground support equipment.
Howell employees have the unique opportunity to experience and influence every level of the business, from design and production to testing and customer support. Every member of the Howell team plays a key role in shaping the future of the aviation community.
Interior Design CAD Drafter
Interior Design CAD Drafter
Highly creative team orientated Interior Design firm specializing in Multi-Family Apartments. Located in Carlsbad CA.
Entry level position with room for growth.
Cad drafting from presentation to completion of specifications package. Extremely detailed space planning, sections, elevations & millwork design. ADA compliance knowledge.
AutoCad 2013, Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator
Must be detail orientated with critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Previous job experience in commercial drafting using xref's a plus.
DRAFTER or DESIGNER Will work for a company that specializes in the design, fabrication and installation of miscellaneous metals packages for the construction industry.
Will work on Autocad (specifically the Advanced Metals package), and will be responsible for Detailing steel work for installation into commercial building sites that are under construction or renovation. Most of the work is railings for stairs and balconies. Must have a background in the construction industry or structural steel, or ornamental steel or architectural industries. (cannot be an Autocad drafter from a manufacturing company who has done, brackets, fixtures and weldments, or a straight architectural drafter)
6 months+ contract with the opportunity to go Perm.
Interior Design Drafter & Renderer - Kitchen & Bath
Lars Remodeling & Design, located in San Diego CA, is seeking a Residential Interior Design Drafter & Renderer with experience in designing/drawing kitchen cabinetry details to join our growing team of professionals. This is a full-time, office-based position. No telecommuting.
- Prepare 3D models & renderings for remodel projects.
- Assist and coordinate with interior designers to develop plan layouts and drawings using Chief Architect design software.
- Prepare 2D interior room & cabinet elevations in CAD.
- Create digital presentation with Chief Architect, Adobe Photoshop, PowerPoint, or other software.
- Make adjustments and modifications to design using software based on customer input.
- Coordinate and communicate with fellow employees.
- 5+ years of interior design is advantageous.
- Must have experience in creating interior design drawings & details.
- Familiarity with software such as Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite are advantageous.
- Knowledge of industry standards for kitchen and bath design is a HUGE PLUS.
- Work may require local travel to clients, this requires a valid CA driver's license.
Lars Remodeling & Design is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion.
Island is continually seeking energetic and forward-thinking Façade Design Drafters with strong AutoCad experience.The ideal candidate must have experience producing Shop drawings with prior façade design experience preferred. We currently have positions based out of Company Headquarters in Calverton, NY.
- Façade design and documentation shop drawing, and fabrication drawing for high-profile buildings in the New York and Boston Areas.
Ideal candidates exhibit the following attributes and background:
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team oriented environment
- Strong Architectural & mechanical system design aptitude and knowledge
- Proficiency in AutoCad
- Curtainwall / glazing system experience a plus
- Drafting/design for manufacturing experience a plus
Education and requirements:
- Prior experience in the design and construction industry (façade preferred)
- Ability to relocate to Long Island, NY and low frequency local travel as necessary
- Software proficiency in: AUTOCAD, With additional knowledge is preferred (Revit, Rhino or Inventor)
Island offers a very competitive salary (commensurate with experience), with a competitive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, dependent care, life and voluntary life insurance, 401(k).
Please explore what we’re all about at www.islandef.com. We are proud to be a EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V
Structural Design Drafter
Looking for a Design Drafter & Estimator to join the team. Solid Works and CAD software are required to meet the basic job functions.
- High School Diploma with college prep classes/training on Inventor Software
- Minimum of 2 years drafting certificate from Technical College or an associate’s degree, a plus
- Minimum of 2 years layout drafting experience
- Basic understanding of engineering principles
- Sheet/Steel metal background
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks software
- 2-4 years of experience designing/drawing
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A creative approach for generating new ideas
- A good knowledge of how to use Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- An excellent grasp of engineering & design principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team working skills
- An appreciation of business demands
- Good mechanical aptitude & knowledge
- Self-motivated & highly organized
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!