Porter Waxer Stripper U
The incumbent in this role will primarily focus on project work which includes, but is not limited to the stripping and refinishing of resilient floors, wall washing and all phases of carpet care. Daily cleaning and maintaining of assigned areas will be carried out in accordance with standard Environmental Services policies and procedures.
* Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and prescribed methods.
* Responsible for stripping and finishing of resilient floors.
* Complete work assignments received at the beginning of each shift by the supervisor: Empty and reline wastebaskets with clean liners.
* The inside and outside of the wastebaskets must be cleaned prior to relining. (When necessary, tie bag around container to prevent bag from collapsing into wastebasket).
* Transport trash from utility rooms and collections points to compactor chute or San-I-Pak.
* Use designated cart to transport rubbish to waste stations.
* Perform high/low dusting in assigned areas.
* Responsible for washing ceilings, walls, lights, windows, vents, etc.
* Using a damp cloth, wipe horizontal surfaces with a germicidal solution.
* Dry/Dust mop floors.
* Using a wet mop, clean resilient floors utilizing germicidal solution.
* Maintains resilient floors utilizing high-speed buffers, floor scrubbers and rotary machines.
* Vacuum carpet where applicable.
* Performs carpet maintenance by vacuuming, bonnet care and extraction.
* Clean and polish all metal and porcelain fixtures.
* Responsible for meeting room setups, special functions, and furniture relocations.
* Replenish room supplies in assigned areas.
* Observe and report the need for repairs to hospital equipment, furniture, building and fixtures to supervisor.
* Understand proper usage of chemicals, dilution and usage. Always measure chemicals, do not pour.
* If uncertain, always consult supervisor.
* Assist in cleaning of emergency situations that are observed or as requested, even if not in assigned area.
* Participate in all in-service training sessions as scheduled.
* Employee is required to attend all department in-services and hospital in-services as assigned.
* Understand Lutheran Hospital's policies and procedures so that adherence is maintained.
* Be familiar with employee handbook.
* Provide coverage for Laundry workers on an "as needed basis." Accepts assignments by supervisor.
* Employee is expected to carry out assignments as given to you by your supervisor.
* Perform any other task as assigned.
* Supervisor will assign method and procedure for other related tasks.
* Note: the above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
* This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School or GED preferred.
* None required.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
* CCHS Organization-Wide Competency Assessment Requirements: All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
* Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem-solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
* Adaptability includes teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities.
* Adapting to changes to work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
* Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organizational skills necessary to perform successfully.
* Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
* Managerial Responsibilities (if applicable) includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
* As an organization, all employees with patient contact are expected to demonstrate competencies, specific to their job duties, for the following patient population categories: Elderly, Children, Cardiac, Neuro, surgical, Impaired (Hearing/Visual), Cultural Age.
* None required.
* Performance of job duties requires standing, stooping, bending and walking for a duration of an eight hour shift.
* Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
POST JOBS FOR FREE