Drier Belt Conveyor Job Description Sample
Conveyor Belt Mechanic
Compensation: Depends on experience. Overtime. Insurance. 401K.
Learn a specialized trade. Full-time. Will train. Overtime paid when it applies.
Must have a valid driver's license and able to pass a drug test.
*Starting $25k/yr-$30k/yr plus overtime. Lead rates can earn $32k-$65k/yr plus overtime. Hourly rate depending on experience (Maybe more for the perfect candidate.)
*Benefits after 90-day trial period (Insurance/401K.)
*Travel expenses paid
*Plenty of overtime, yet a flexible schedule
See who we are at www.vcbelting.com
Email resumes or apply in person: Virginia Carolina Belting, 136 S. Business Ct., Rocky Mount, NC
We understand that time is money and the quality of our service is a large part of your success. We pride ourselves in troubleshooting conveyor belt system problems and providing effective solutions.
We maintain 7 experienced service/splice crews in several states ready to respond anywhere in the mid-Atlantic region at a moments notice 24 hours a day. This gives us the ability to get you up and running as quickly possible.
Field Service Conveyor Belt Technician
Luttrell Belting & Supply Company, the regional leader in conveyor belting, components and power transmission belting, seeks an energetic hard worker with mechanical skills to fill a position as a Field Services Belt Technician in Tri-State (TN, AR, MS) area.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position is responsible for installation and maintenance of conveyor belts and systems. Primary responsibilities: - Splicing conveyor belts- Vulcanizing- Lag Pulleys- Idler and other Conveyor system components- Maintaining Belt Cleaners- Safety- General Labor- Warehouse Duties- Delivery- Building Maintenance
Qualifications and Skills
High School Diploma or GED. Conveyor experience and MSHA certification a plus but will train those with mechanical skills. Ability to lift 70 pounds. Ability to work shifts, overtime, weekends and holidays. Ability to report to work for emergency situations with little notice. Ability to occasionally travel to jobs with overnight stays. Able to work at heights and in enclosed spaces. Good communication skills. Excellent safety record. Good driving record and ability to pass DOT Physical exam and drug tests. Commitment to act professionally when driving, in the shop and in the field.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401k
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Luttrell Belting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants ONLY. We do not accept any solicitation for services from search firms or agencies.
Conveyor Belt Splicing Technician
Job Summary: We are seeking a hardworking, experienced professional to serve as a Conveyor Belt Splicing Technician in our Arizona Division, based out of Tucson, AZ. Six (6) years of previous experience preferred in fabric and steel cord splicing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules on-call, including dayshift, nightshift, weekend and holidays
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Comply with all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook
- Fully understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Complete time sheets and expense reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to drive truck and trailer combinations
- Ability to install mechanical splice materials and all related installation tools
- Ability to assemble vulcanizing equipment
- Ability to set up work area, including removal of conveyor components, clamping off belt, and raising counterweight
- Ability to properly lay out and prepare belt ends for a vulcanized splice, including lap splicing, and finger splicing on fabric belt widths from 24"-96"
- Possess working knowledge of steel cable splicing on belt widths from 36"-96"
- Ability to professionally manage customer concerns and employee concerns
- Ability and willingness to communicate with management in a professional manner
- Clearly and effectively communicate with staff members and customers
- General understanding of the product lines that we promote and the ability to communicate to customers the features and benefits of each
- Work independently with little supervision
- Ability to lift 75-100 pounds frequently
- Ability to obtain access to all regional customer properties
- Deliver products to customers
- Other job duties as assigned by manage
Maintenance Mechanic - Warehouse Conveyor Belt Mechanics / Millwrights
Los Angeles's newest and most exciting Skilled Trades staffing company is now seeking SKILLED MAINTENANCE MECHANICS AND MILLWRIGHTS for A CONTRACT POSITION in the Vernon area. These jobs WILL BE STARTING UP in January, and our clients are projecting incredible growth and opportunities to come in 2018.
- Must Have 2-YEARS' RECENT EXPERIENCE MINIMUM TO BE CONSIDERED!
- Opportunities for both APPRENTICE AND JOURNEYMAN LEVELS
- Must Have Tools!
- Must Have Transportation!
- No Divas or Entitled people will be considered!
We will check references, so please have those ready to provide in the interview! Our client is seeking the best, hard-working, passionate individuals - who are available to go to work as soon as TODAY, but definitely by January!
Additionally, VARIOUS DUTIES AND EXPERIENCES WITH:
- Conveyors, Motors, Bearings, Gear Boxes, Shake Screen, Magnet Belt experience
- Troubleshooting experience
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and move moderately heavy objects
- Certifications or Experience with Scissor Lifts and/or Aerial Lifts
- Steel Racking or Conveyor Installation Experience is a MUST
- Welding Experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Ability to read blueprints, comprehend schematics, building plans, sketches, and other specifications
- MUST have your own HAND TOOLS, WRENCHES, HAMMER, TOOL BELT, AND LEVELS
- Excellent communication skills -- ability to interact well with all members of the team
- MUST be able to Pass a Background AND Drug Screen
If you match these Qualifications and are ready to get to work, APPLY NOW!
With over 40 years of combined service in the industry, Arena's team includes certified staffing professionals from the industrial, construction, and agricultural sectors. Call today for a free consultation on your current workforce, and find out what path is best for your employees and your company. Arena's offers many hiring incentive programs that ease the pain of training costs and reduce the risk of turnover in the 1st 90 days. .
Mechanic / Conveyor Belting Installation
RICHMOND SUPPLY COMPANY
Mechanic / Conveyor Belting Installation
Augusta, GA industrial distributor is looking for an eager individual with basic / advanced mechanical sills to train/act as a conveyor belting installer and fabricator. Depending on experience and knowledge, starting pay-rate will range from $14/hr to $16/hr with consistent opportunities to earn overtime pay. Training will be conducted on-site as well as through in-house classes. Demonstrated ability to work in a "lead" capacity qualifies for steady hourly pay-rate increases.
Much of the fabrication work is completed outdoors and in manufacturing environments, therefore, you can expect a wide range of conditions.
- On time
- Willingness to travel and some overnight stay.
- Mechanical knowledge
- Safe work practices
- Team player
- Clear driving record
- Mandatory Drug Screen and Review of MVR
- Mechanical background and clear MVR
Benefits of employment:
- Healthy income achievable.
- Some nights and weekends (on call 24 hours)
- Health Insurance, partially paid by company
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Wage increases according to experience, skills improvement and overall work habits
Check out our website: www.rsci.com
Conveyor Service Technician
Mechanical Service Technician
Conveyors & Drives, Inc., an Atlanta based material handling systems distributor and integrator, seeks a creative, highly motivated and energetic individual for an Mechanical Service Technician position. Reporting to the Service Manager, this individual will work on material handling and distribution center facility equipment. There are additional responsibilities for assisting in growing the service and maintenance business. This
position has a lot of upside potential for the right person.
• Installation, maintenance and repair of equipment, machine and machine components.
• Testing of equipment, machines and troubleshooting in case of problems.
• Recording the performance of equipment, each machine with regard to input and output
• and present it to customer’s management.
• Suggest ways to improve the performance of customer’s equipment, machines.
• Follow Conveyors & Drives’ service and maintenance processes and procedures.
• Introduce Conveyors & Drives’ service and maintenance capabilities to prospective
Skills and Specifications:
• Motivated, creative and energetic person who is enthusiastic about their work and willing to learn.
• Must have written and verbal communication skills.
• A sound knowledge about the basic working concepts of different kinds of equipment, machines.
• A sound knowledge about installation and repair of equipment, machines and the correct usage of the tools.
• A sound knowledge about the safety precautions while working with equipment, machines.
• Ability to analyze and diagnose problems, as well as implement solutions.
• Ability to work in a team involving engineers, service technicians, and sales personnel.
Knowledge of or background with conveying equipment a plus.
Knowledge of or background in material handling equipment industry.
Any prior work experiences with mechanical and / or electrical equipment a plus.
Experience with belt lacers and welding is a plus.
Medical and Dental Insurance.
Sr. Belt Technician
Join the Applied Industrial Technologies team, an established successful industrial distributor growing the belt/conveyor business in Texas! Use yourrubber components and conveyor belting (lightweight and heavyweight) experience in a new career opportunity
You will perform a variety of duties within a shop, in the field, and at customer locations centered on installing, repairing, and replacing conveyor belts. It may be necessary at times to lead a crew of technicians to successfully complete a job as well as to mentor lower level technicians as they develop.
- Build / repair, fabricate, install, and vulcanize duties with rubber components and conveyor belting (lightweight and heavyweight). Install all types of splices, splice materials, and all related installation tools. Perform hot and cold repairs.
- Train lower level technicians in all job duties related to the proper use of vulcanizers as well as the fundamentals of installing and vulcanizing lightweight and heavyweight conveyor belting.
- Successfully lead up to a five man crew on a field installation or repair of conveyor belting at a customer facility. This includes completing timesheets and expense reports accurately and on time.
- Work as a liaison between the customer, Rubber Product Specialist, and the team of technicians on a job to ensure customer requirements are met, splice directions are followed, and to relay belt condition/issues/problems when required.
- Conduct belt audits and perform pulley lagging as required.
- Observe all proper safety rules and regulations.
- Carry out policies and procedures related to quality and safety as established at Applied.
- Continuous development through reading, schools, seminars and on-the-job training.
- 3+ yearsproven experience as a Belt Technician. Lightweight and /or heavyweight conveyor belting installation / vulcanizing preferred.
- Basic math skills and work with a tape measure.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds or more on a frequent basis. Able to work in tight spaces or at heights for an extended period of time.
- As a DOT location, must be at least 21 years of age.
- Current driver's license with the ability to drive truck and trailer combinations; CDL Class A license preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test, DOT physical, and have a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time as well as to work a variety of schedules including overtime, on-call, nightshift, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience with Fabric/Steel Cord/Solid Woven/Ply preferred
- Base hourly rate, overtime and bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including health care, vision, & dental, 401(k) with company match
- Personalized training & development program
- Career development opportunities
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Simply stated – We Keep Industry Running... Productively.
Conveyor Service Technician/Installer Indianapolis Area
Keep our customer base satisfied by performing planned maintenance and service calls in a timely and professional manner. Work “on call” and maintain the schedule of service calls based on types of maintenance agreements. Provide customer service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform planned maintenance and service calls properly, and on-call. This may include and is not limited to inspecting, adjusting, lubing or replacing the following: chains and sprockets, pulleys and rollers, motors and gearboxes, belts, belt or chain take-ups, carrying rollers and snubber rollers, sensors and reflectors, regulators, sortation devices, pneumatic brakes, filters and stops, safety switches, frames and guide rails
Actively follow safety rules and policies of Conveyor Solutions, Inc. and the Customer.
· Any conflicts with Customer’s Safety rules see your Manager
Maintain a professional manner to guarantee a professional image for our company.
Perform on-site technical work independently, and assist others when necessary.
Accept new duties and responsibilities when assigned.
As needed, provide technical support for customers, technicians, and sub-contractors.
Work in-conjunction with other on-site technicians, sub-contractors and other trades.
Complete all documentation and get all proper signatures and authorizations required per company policy.
Submit parts usage per job, so to maintain accurate truck, CSI warehouse and/or customer inventory levels.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist with facility maintenance and issues when necessary and when your schedule allows.
Assist with new installations.
Repair or replace
Make or buy
Number of Direct Indirect
Positions Supervised Employees Report Report
High School or equivalent trade school
2+ years Conveyor repair and/or service.
Valid drivers’ license
Fork Truck Certification, desirable
10 Hour OSHA Certification, desirable
Basic computer knowledge, Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet, CAD a plus
Operate a meter and tachometer
MATH SKILLS/REASONING ABILITY
Basic math skills and reasoning ability required
Strong written and oral communication skills are required
Ethical and honest
This position works primarily in a typical warehouse and industrial environment.
This position requires ability to lift 75 lbs individually (male), 25 lbs (women)
Conveyor Solutions, Inc. is an established system integrator that is committed to bringing the very best in both product quality and customer service.
Headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, Conveyor Solutions, Inc. was established as a material handling equipment, installation, and service company. Starting with these roots, Conveyor Solutions, Inc. has grown to become a full-service material handling systems integrator, offering its clients custom-designed systems for a broad range of industries. In doing so, we have identified and developed strong working relationships with the very best manufacturers of equipment in the industry.
While the technical capability of Conveyor Solutions, Inc. has and will continue to grow over the years, our commitment to provide consistently high quality services to our customers at fair prices will continue to be the focal point of our efforts. We provide our clients with well-designed, value-based solutions, complimented by professional engineering, project management, installation services, safety and operational training, and after-sale support services. Service is the value that we bring to every project and is the foundation of our growth.
Warehouse / Conveyor Maintenance Mechanic
Maintains Machinery and Mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; dismantling devices; examining form and texture of parts; adjusting controls; fabricating repair parts; leading team members.
Currently looking to fill 2nd and 3rd
- Complete preventive maintenance prerequisites on mechanical equipment like motors, conveyors, production machines, pneumatic tools (i.e., power tools such as: air compressor, buffers, nailing and stapling guns, grinders, drills, jack hammers, chipping hammers, riveting guns, sanders and wrenches) as well as engines, thereby ensuring smooth operation of such machinery and mechanical gadgets.
- Repair conveyor system and maintain forklifts, electric, and propane equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic, compressor, conveyor and inspection systems as needed.
- Ensure that warehouse machinery function correctly and efficiently, so that the production shift meet the company’s shipping demands on a nightly basis, and that equipment perform optimally.
- Observe, dismantle, adjust, and repair mechanical devices and control instruments as needed.
- Assemble, install, and fabricate equipment as well as perform preventative and predictive maintenance as well as update all required documentation to include nightly repair logs.
- Design, develop, manage and maintain control systems (i.e. Distributed Control System, Programmable Logic Controller). Perform all work and conduct oneself in a manner that promotes safety of the individual and all other at employees.
- Troubleshoot, make necessary repairs or upgrades, and perform preventative maintenance and service to process control equipment, control systems, equipment calibration, and instrumentation equipment to provide for the reliable operation of this equipment. Investigate problems, analyze for root causes and derive resolutions.
- Attend shop meetings and utilize/maintain personal tools.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Maintains efficient operation of material handling equipment by clearing jams and removing foreign materials.
- Refer to specifications, technical manuals, blueprints, schematics and ladder diagrams as needed in order to resolve equipment issues.
- Familiar with automatic controls and 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems.
- Familiar with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety and health regulations.
- Knowledge with proper use of pneumatic (i.e., power tools such as: air compressor, buffers, nailing and stapling guns, grinders, drills, jack hammers, chipping hammers, riveting guns, sanders and wrenches), electrical, and hydraulic conveyor systems.
- Knowledge in basic cutting/welding, electrical/wiring and carpentry experience helpful.
- Experience operating a Forklift in addition to heavy equipment.
- Capable of managing stressful and high pressure situations as there is an extreme sense of urgency to repair items in an emergency.
- Excellent mechanical skills in order to read and interpret technical manuals and sophisticated diagnostic equipment to perform required maintenance and service.
- Able to reassemble large, complex equipment after completing a repair.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and equipment when handling parts, must have a steady hand and good hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent problem solving/trouble shooting skills in order to observe, diagnose, and fix machinery malfunctions.
- Technical experience and exposure to high-speed equipment.
Sales Territory Manager / Conveyor Specialist - Southeast
Want a rewarding job? One that is not boring? Come work for ASGCO.
ASGCO Territory Managers provide the highest levels of technical support and customer relationships in the industry. Our Territory Managers (Outside sales) professionally represent the company with the knowledge and skills to provide our customers’ with solutions. ASGCO offers a competitive salary and commission plan, an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, vacation and paid holidays.
ASGCO engineers, manufactures, distributes a wide array of conveyor and screening components, all specifically designed and engineered for the mining, aggregate, recycling, food processing and other bulk material handling industries. We focus on providing exceptional products and service to our customers with the best solutions to their conveyor and screening material handling applications. ASGCO has a great sales opportunity available for an experienced sales person / sales engineer with a great attitude, leadership abilities and a willingness to learn.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in the mechanics of conveyors in a wide range of industrial markets such as; aggregate, cement, pulp and paper mills, bulk shipping terminals, recycling, hard rock mining, asphalt and coal-fired and biomass power facilities.
- Managing and increasing sales and market share with customers in our Southeast Territory (Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana).
- Maintain and build relationships with customers by solving problems and creating value for our customers.
- Educate and provide training all our distributors / customers on the features and benefits of ASGCO products and services.
- Ensure technical service requirements for the customers are met.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and leadership abilities.
- Generate new business with new or existing customers.
- Create materials for and conduct sales presentations to customers.
- Assist with on-site troubleshooting of customers concerns.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Reliable, organized, detailed and focused
- Industry and sales experience preferred
- Computer skills including spreadsheet applications and Microsoft Office Suite
- 3-7 years outside sales experience preferred
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!