Drier Operator Job Description Sample
Requisition Number: 175024 Job Title: GRAIN OPERATOR City: Allensville State: KY
Description/Job Summary Perdue AgriBusiness, LLC has an immediate opening for a Grain Operator at our Grain Receiving facility located at 110 Railroad Street, Allensville, KY facility. This position is responsible for operating grain receiving, storage, and drying equipment associated with the activities of a grain elevator. This position reports to the Grain Storage Manager .
Operate grain probe (hand/automated) and grade grain for all factors.
Operate all grain receiving equipment
Operate drier and related equipment
Operate all transfer and loadout equipment
Operate lift truck equipment and perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
- A High School Diploma or GED, further education preferred.
Required Qualifications + 1- 2 years of industrial work experience.
Good communication, math and analytical skills.
Some computer experience is preferred.
Some grain or soybean plant experience would be a plus.
Also, truck driving or mechanical abilities would be considered a major plus.
Details Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator
We are seeking a Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
3 years min of experience in Press Brake Operations
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Compensation based on experience!
Asphalt Paver Operator / Screed Operator
The position should have extensive knowledge of paving operations, equipment, quality control measures, and standard procedures. Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs to the highest customer satisfaction.
- Perform paver pre-check including all fluid levels per checklist before starting
- Work with screed operator for paver set up and set up automatic controls to ensure straight consistent joints on both sides – It's imperative to create clean lines.
- Maintain production rates and paver speed for highest quality optimizing trucking, rolling and finishing.
- Communicate any issues, concerns or problems to paving foreman throughout the shift.
- Assist paving crew with quality control corrections while mat is still hot and clean up between trucks or during breaks in paving.
- Check all manholes and water valves after paving to ensure they are turned up to proper grade and properly cleaned during that shift
- Post Shift – Clean paver and job, breakdown or stage the machine in designated locations.
- Train and cross train crew members as requested.
- Perform all paving aspects as needed
- Work as a team
- Experience preferred but not mandatory. We will train if needed
- Must be available to work on Saturday and Sundays as well as work overtime during the paving season
- Ability to be self-motivating, dependable, a team player, and perform duties with little supervision.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and more.
- Must have valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to and from work sites.
Technical Operator (Maintenance Tech/Machine Operator Hybrid Position)
AmeriQual Foods, an Evansville, IN based food manufacturing facility, is seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented individual to assume responsibilities as a Technical Operator. This position is responsible for operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and predictive maintenance of the filling equipment. This position is expected to attain daily scheduling goals in an efficient and resourceful manner. This position also works closely with Quality Assurance and Maintenance Area Leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble shoots and diagnoses equipment problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform root cause analysis and provide long term corrective solutions to aid in the continuous improvement process
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines
- Set up of machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
- Ensure that machines are producing quality pouches by managing perioic checks on output
- Perform safety checks on equipment and maintain a clean work area
- Verify codes, materials and retort rack configurations
- Maintain required documentation for pouch usage and downtime
- Must be able to learn and perform when necessary all quality checks required to ensure equipment is operating within specifications.
- 2 year Technical degree preferred or two plus years of industrial maintenance experience
- Comprehensive understanding of pneumatic systems, high voltage electrical, control voltage circuits and mechanical aspects of machinery
- Ability to read an electrical schematic and utilize a multimeter to help troubleshoot 480V 3 phase, 220V and 120V circuits as well as 24 volt control systems
- Experience with analogue control and discrete, preferred
- Ability to weld utilizing TIG and MIG and ARC
- Fabrication assembly of shafts, bearing and gearboxes experience
- Ability to use a drill press, lath and metal cutting equipment
- Must have general math, reading and good communication skills
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package available including medical, free associate health clinic, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more. See www.ameriqual.com/careers for more information. EO/AAE
Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator
Fast growing, highly regarded leader in the full-service branding industry has an outstanding opportunity for an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who is hard working, reliable, accurate and able to work second shift.
· Are you an impact player who has a sharp attention to detail?
· Are you an Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator who likes to be challenged on a daily basis?
· Are you a difference maker who likes to work in fast paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines?
If this sounds like you we would like to talk with you about joining our team as an Embroidery Operator/ Machine Operator!
Club Colors is a global brand management solutions provider offering a high quality promotional products and branded apparel at cost effective prices with the highest level of customer service in the industry. Our team invests the time and energy to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations in everything we do. Collectively we are one team that makes a dynamic impact.
We are looking for impact players and difference makers. The Embroidery Operator / Machine Operator should be positive and strong sense of detail. Experience with Tajima Embroidery Machines is a plus but will train the right Embroidery Operator /Machine Operator and offer a salary commensurate with experience.
· Serious Applicants Only
Machine Operator - Process Operator
Performs basic hand or machine tasks in support of the manufacture and finishing of parts. Follows departmental procedures to successfully and safely complete these tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates assigned machines and/or performs assigned production processes.
- Maintains a safe, clean and uncluttered work area; removes metal chips from machines resulting from cutting processes.
- Performs basic visual inspection to identify obvious cosmetic flaws as well as verifying part compliance against predetermined quality guides or standards by using simple go/no-go gauges, calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, thread gauges, and height gauges.
- Loads and unloads assigned machines; prepares raw materials, follows loading procedures, removes parts from machine, washes and deburrs as necessary, stacks in designated baskets or boxes and delivers completed parts to the next operation.
- Observes machine operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction, reports problems to Lead person or Set-up Personnel.
- Assembles main tubes by using adhesive, tightening and cleaning equipment with assistance from trained operator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Ability to read and effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to correctly follow a rule or basic set of rules i.e. following work instructions.
- Ability to use basic shop math.
- Basic input skills with computer applications.
- Demonstrate proficient manual dexterity and superior eye hand coordination.
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Mon-Thurs 330pm-200am, $13.75
Thurs-Sat 500am-530pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Sun-Wed 500am-330pm, $12.50-$13.50 (depending on experience)
Located just minutes away from downtown Portland Oregon our client offers great career growth, competitive compensation and a benefits package not seen by most organizations. This is spectacular opportunity to join a company situated in the core of Oregon’s Silicone Forest! Located just one hour from both the Pacific Coast and 1.25 hours from Mt Hood. The quality of life combined with the challenging and rewarding work environment is not replicated anywhere in the United States!
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization, delivering innovative solutions to the challenges employers face every day. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. With locations across the United States, we're well positioned to partner with clients and candidates to ensure a successful match of employee talent with customer needs. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Press Operator - Manufacturing - Machine Operator
Our company strives to be the first choice in metal fabrication and manufacturing with a commitment to excellence. Our company’s core values are safety, accountability, customer-focused, respectful, and teamwork. Our employees work as a team and pay close attention to every detail of production from start to finish. Our facilities are 175,000 square feet of clean and safe work space and we are looking for candidates to join our growing team.
Press Operator Requirements
- Experience in manufacturing/press operating
- Ability to work 1st or 2nd shift
- Ability to read and comprehend measurements
- Safety and Quality conscious
Press Operator Compensation and Benefits
- Up to $15.00 per hour based on experience
- Comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, and vision available after a probationary period
2Nd Press Operator / Feeder Operator
Vision Graphics is a mid-sized, privately owned Denver printing, direct mail and marketing services company. We are seeking a qualified candidate for an opening in our pressroom. We are looking for an energetic go-getter who seeks opportunities for growth in his or her career. The ideal candidate is a team-player, seeking an opportunity to learn, develop and advance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist First Press Operator in the set up and efficient operation of 8-color HUV, 40” Komori sheetfed press – ensuring on-time, high quality and quantity.
- Read and understand the department schedule, job ticket and specifications.
- Work with Receiving to stage materials for print jobs using a pallet jack or forklift.
- Load printing plates for next job.
- With First Press Operator, use computer systems to setup and calibrate print jobs.
- Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure it meets job specifications.
- Assist First Press Operator in making adjustments, performing maintenance, making minor repairs to the equipment, and keeping press area clean and organized at all times.
- Work with management and press team to set, measure and achieve productivity goals.
- Must be available for required overtime based on business needs.
- Must be proactive with completing other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience as a press feeder operator, second press operator or pressman.
- Must be a motivated self-starter and eager to learn, grow, and seek future promotion.
- Must be organized, mechanically inclined, and be able to maintain attention to detail.
- Must be patient and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to follow instructions, be teachable, and able to multi-task.
- Must have basic knowledge of and be comfortable with computers and software.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and re-stack up to 50 lbs throughout a work shift.
This is a full-time, regular position. Benefits include paid vacation, health and dental insurance, and 401(k). Pre-employment screening required.
Power Plant Operator / Boiler Operator
This position provides a career path for MN 2nd Class A Licensed Boiler Operators.
*Provided the applicant meets contractual certifications, licensing and time served the applicant may be eligible to be promoted.
Promotional Opportunities: OP2/MM2 - Salary:
$19.41 - $30.04
OP3/MM3 - Salary: $20.97 - $32.45
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of one (1) year experience in the operation and maintenance of high-pressure steam and electric power generation systems. Experience in resource recovery desirable.
Under the direct supervision of the Shift Supervisor and/or Supervising System Operator and with guidance of the Systems Operator 2, operates and maintains high pressure steam heating and electric generating equipment at a refuse-fired power plant on an assigned shift.
- Operates and maintains stokers, fans, hydraulic systems, and pollution control systems associated with a refuse or conventionally fired boiler
- Operates and maintains high voltage electric generation and distribution equipment
- Operates auxiliary equipment including pumps, heat exchangers, ash conveyors and condensers.
- Operates a refuse feed crane and maintains proper refuse storage pit conditions
- Monitors and controls makeup water purification equipment
- Monitors and controls refuse tipping floor operations
- Assists in maintaining the operating log of all power plant parameters on the shift
- Performs miscellaneous housekeeping in and around the work area
- May assist in the training of students and other employees
- Performs other related work as assigned
- Completes necessary reports and records related to the monitoring and maintenance of equipment
- Valid MN 2nd Class A Boiler's License
- Knowledge of the principles and practices involved in the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers, furnaces and related support equipment
- Ability to read and record data from gauges, meters and microprocessor based data acquisition systems and accurately interpret such data
- Ability to understand and comply with written and verbal operating procedures and instructions
- Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations with the assistance of the Systems Operator 2
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!