Driller Hand Job Description Sample
Cdl-A Driver - Rig Hand / Driller
Rocky Mountain Drilling is looking for CDL-A possessing drilling hands/drivers to work in the natural gas and construction industry in the Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia areas. Experience in the oilfield, heavy equipment, and/or commercial hauling is preferred, but we will train the right individuals who possess a work ethic.
Job responsibilities include running equipment, including auger drilling rigs, forklifts, loaders, skidsteers, and becoming part of a drilling crew to install drilled shafts and conductors. This position also includes hauling equipment, tools, and oversized rigs to locations to perform the work using lowboys, flat deck trailers, and step decks. The position has a lot of room to move up, as new hires are expected to learn the system and the trade, and can move into a drillers position and run their own crews on job sites based on work ethic, experience, and willingness to learn and apply themselves. Welding knowledge is also very helpful but not required. Knowledge of auger kelly rigs/conductors/caissons/drilled shafts/bored piles is extremely helpful.
Applicants must be willing to work out of town up to a few weeks at a time in outdoor weather conditions. Pay and out of town sub is very competitive, and our company has great superintendents, drillers, and hands to work with. Safety certifications in the oilfield and construction are helpful, such as Safeland, CPR/First Aid, and gas monitor training. We will provide these certifications to the right individual who possesses drive and a work ethic.
We are located in Clearfield, PA, but work in all 3 surrounding states. New Hires will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen and new hire orientation through us before beginning any work in the field. Positive attitudes and the willingness to learn are encouraged and can take an employee up the ladder fast. We have been in the Northeast area drilling for over 7 years, and only want the best to add to our skilled team.
Our Team is growing, Helical Drilling, Inc. is a specialized Geotechnical Engineering Construction Company located just outside of Boston, MA. We are looking for experienced Drillers with 12 - 15 years of experience working with Micro Piles and other ground stabilizing techniques. Helical Drilling offers highly competitive wages wit a generous benefit package. A relocation package will be considered for the right candidates. Please email your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Well Driller
Experienced driller wanted
Must have experience running a hydrolic pull down rig
Water well or Cathodic Well experience
Must be able to push crew for drilling activities, ground bed construction, rectifier/ AC/DC cable installation (non energized)
Must be able to manage time and crew to run the job site efficiently and safely
Must have skills to fill out daily updates (field Tickets), manage time for water needs during drilling and anode installs, manage crews time for efficient work during drilling activities
Must have interpersonal skills to communicate with clients, land owners, crew
Must be willing to take several classes for continued education pertaining to Cathodic Protection ( company paid) if they do not already have them
CDL Class A for drill Rig mobilizing a plus
Ability to operate a backhoe a plus
Must be familiar with using a portable pit for drilling
Today, Tony Coonrod carries on the dedication and quality of excellence instilled by his father, and has built around him a highly skilled team of Project Managers, Superintendents, Electricians, Programmers, Installation Technicians and Equipment Operators.
While the Company's primary work focus lies in the Upstream (E&P), Midstream (Pipeline), and Downstream (Refinery & Petrochemical) sectors of the Oil & Gas Industry, Coonrod Electric stays loyal and serves surrounding Agricultural facilities such as cotton gins and grain elevators, as well as sports lighting for local sports fields and stadiums.
Our Company vision continues to evolve and adapt to the ever-changing Oil & Gas Industry in order to surpass our clients power and energy needs.
Layne is a global water management, construction and drilling company, providing responsible solutions for water, mineral and energy resources.
Layne has been solving water supply problems for well over a century, with services that extend far beyond our origins as a water well driller. Throughout the United States and in other parts of the world we provide sustainable solutions for every aspect of your water infrastructure system. Layne employs a highly qualified workforce that embraces our standards for quality and excellence.
JOIN OUR TEAM IN NEBRASKA TODAY!!
- Competitive Wages
- Layne Offers Health, Life, 401(k) and Voluntary Benefits - Click Here for more Info
- Relocation Assistance Available
- $50 Per Diem Pay For Out of Town Work
- Responsible for loading and mobilizing equipment to project site
- Responsible for performing and documenting drilling project tasks
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures and other duties as required
- Mechanical/Welding Aptitude
- Ability to operate all drilling associated equipment (backhoe, forklift, etc.)
- Ability to follow instructions and implement standard operating procedures
- Ability to direct self and 1 to 2 others
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Prefer 3 to 5 years of experience
- Willingness to travel and work outdoors
- Class A CDL required
- Conduct and document daily safety meetings
Layne Christensen Company is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Having re-energized the Drilling Department with new leadership, Balter has secured several National Accounts as well as significant instrumentation installation, and interesting drilling assignments that include prevailing wage pay that is considerably above the conventional going rate. Manager is training qualified candidates to offer exceptional and unique opportunities to learn and grow in this industry. The Robert B. Balter Company, located in Owings Mills, MD is seeking to hire F/T Geotechnical Drillers. The candidate must have
- experience performing mud rotary and hollow stem auger borings
- experienced in performing SPT borings, Rock Coring, and installing monitor wells
- have a willingness to travel on occasion
- Class A and/or B CDL is a plus
- knowledge of performing maintenance and upkeep of the drill fleet will be given priority
- candidate has a Maryland/Delaware Water Well License or have the ability to obtain one.
Good attitude is critical as our Company has been growing and is assembling our future teams.
Out of State Drillers who are interested will be strongly considered as many of the assignments are not local to our Maryland headquarters, so subsistence and travel expenses would be considered. Recent long term projects allow for overtime assignments and travel opportunities.
This is not oil or gas drilling and those experiences are not of interest to us for this employment postiion.
Construction Worker - Concrete Cutter & Concrete Driller - Demolition
Perform concrete cutting, drilling and selective demolition services on a wide range of job types and facilities. You will become an expert in the field based on the training and experiences you receive.
WE DO PROVIDE TRAINING.
- ATTRACTIVE PAY
- MEDICAL INSURANCE
- PRESCRIPTION PLAN
- DENTAL INSURANCE
- 401k PLAN – 100% Match
- VACATION PAY
- AVAILABILITY OF OVERTIME
- BONUS PROGRAM
- LONG-TERM EMPLOYMENT
- EXCELLENT WORK ENVIRONMENT
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions require a valid driver's license and are subject to background checks, random drug and alcohol screening due to the nature of our projects.
Email your resume or apply online at this link -- https://democo.ninjagig.com/. Please contact us if you have any questions. The company is located in a South Jersey suburb of South Philadelphia.
Please check your email inbox for a reply to your application.
Some of the specialty services we offer include:
-* Surgical removal of extremely large or difficult to remove structures,
-* Safe, quick removal of underwater concrete and steel structures,
-* Proven removal and breaking methods for extreme conditions, and congested, occupied or environmentally sensitive locations,
-* Severing and removal of heavy equipment and metal base plates to revamp industrial process lines and machinery,
-* Precision removal of cooling towers, equipment foundations and other structures to aid demolition and retooling efforts,
-* Precision removal of bridges, roadways and piers,
-* Environmentally safe removal methods.
Our company has an outstanding reputation built over 30 years of successful customer engagements. Our success is founded in our commitment to our customers and employees. We take pride in our culture that has created a team which operates as a family and allows our team members to have successful careers.
A Lead Driller will act as the crew chief in solid stem and hollow stem auger drilling techniques. The Driller will be responsible for moving, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for geotechnical exploration test borings. Site investigation/geotechnical drilling is done to determine the soil characteristics on construction sites.
- Expedite field supplies.
- Perform duties at multiple job sites.
- Communicate job site conditions with engineering staff.
- Assure that all drilling functions, including quality control, quality assurance and verification are performed in accordance with the standard drilling methods, project specifications and other contract documents.
- Perform shop/yard duties at direction of supervisor.
- Assist in measuring test boring locations
- Load and unload trucks/drill rigs.
- Locate borings as needed.
- Retrieve/recover soil and rock samples from drilling operations to be analyzed.
- Clean and maintain equipment.
- Help move drilling rig and equipment from site to site and set up.
- Dig and clean mud pits and drains.
- Assist with well development, infiltration setup/tests, and pumping tests, as necessary.
- Operate equipment such as pumps for air, water and mud, and equipment and tools used to correct problems in drilled holes caused by mechanical breakdowns or by harmful natural conditions.
- Carry out minor maintenance and repairs, including lubrication and cleaning.
- Fill out drilling logs; write daily report logs as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Civil Engineering preferred
- CDL Class B license required
- 40 hours OSHA training preferred
- 2+ years experience in geotechnical drilling and subsurface investigation
- Experience in auger, mud rotary and NX rock coring operating various types of rotary drill rigs for split spoon soil sampling and installation of temporary or permanent monitoring wells
- Must be familiar with highway construction specifications and have previous field experience
- Construction materials testing and inspection experience a plus
- Ability to monitor and enforce quality control standards and specifications, read blueprints
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Strong communication skills
A&F has an immediate opening for a driller helper with a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL). APPLICANTS MUST HOLD A VALID CLASS A CDL.
This position requires heavy manual labor as well as travel out of town for three weeks at a time. Do not apply if you are not willing to travel.
- Physically complete projects assigned by the Driller/Drill Rig Foreman
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all A&F equipment and field operations
- Operate heavy equipment including but not limited to backhoes, forklifts, and bobcats
- Assist with all rig operations and job site maintenance and cleanup
- Assist in a variety of job related activities which may include trenching, excavation, concrete work, electrical work, fence building
- Attend all field safety meetings and comply with A&F safety standards and programs
- Willing to work demanding hours when needed due to equipment and or project needs
- Expected to work 21day hitches (away from home) depending on client needs/scope of work
- Health Insurance (Health and Dental)
- Retirement Program (Simple IRA)
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Per Diem Program
- Individual Hotel Rooms When on Travel
- Tools and Equipment Provided (Including all PPE)
If you like working outdoors and demonstrate a sense of urgency and interest in learning the drilling and blasting industry, Wampum Hardware Co. has a driller position opening at ourPhilipsburg, PA location. The driller moves, sets up and operates drills and related equipment to facilitate the preparation of the blast area at the job site under the direction of the blaster in charge or drilling manager. Drilling experience a plus but we will train.
We are one of the largest blasting companies in North America, in terms of shot service, and are headquartered in Pennsylvania with locations in Ohio, West Virginia and Indiana. We are a family oriented business and values both its employees and their families providing daily and weekend home time.
Company offers a competitive compensation package that includes dental, medical, paid time off, holidays, life insurance, short term disability, 401k and Profit Sharing plans.
No Walk-ins Please.
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with clean driving record
- Must meet requirements of all local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Successfully pass criminal background check, drug screening and DOT physical
- Knowledge and ability to comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) regulations
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Frequent lifting of 40-50 pound
- General mechanical background or ability
- Basic computer skills
- ·Drive truck/drill:
- Load and unload required materials
- Operate drill
- Perform routine maintenance on various types of drills (oil changes, filter changes, washing, cleaning)
- Assist in inventory of explosives
- Maintain all required documentation/record keeping
- Other job duties as assigned
WHC offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, and 401k, profit sharing, paid holidays and paid time off, short term disability, in addition to a competitive hourly wage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonable accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, age, citizenship marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Ryan Construction, Inc. is a third generation owned and operated family business specializing in drilling and blasting for the aggregate industry. We have immediate openings for Rock Drillers.
This position involves running and maintaining rigs, keeping accurate records of jobs, reporting back to office daily, running and maintaining company vehicle, dealing professionally with customers and following safety rules and guidelines. Applicant must pass a background check and pre-employment physical and drug screen.
· Current Texas Drivers License
· Be able to do simple math
· Be able to lift more than 50 lbs.
· Be able to bend, twist, stoop, lift
· Be mechanically inclined
· Be willing to work overtime and some weekends when necessary
· Have a good driving record
· Experience not required
· Be self-motivated
· Health insurance available – BCBS
· 401K with company match
· On the job training
· Weekly pay
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!