Drilling Machine Operator Job Description Sample
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
Bindery Machine Operator
Our client has been a high energy industry company in the Columbus area known as experts in business communications, documents that leverage the high tech world. Due to their service expansion we are currently interviewing for the Grove City, Ohio location. If you meet our qualifications and are looking to make a career move we want to talk to you today.
Mon-Fri: 3pm-11pm, 2-15min breaks, no lunch
Sets up and operates most entry level bindery equipment including but not limited to: drill punch, folder, collators, off-line numbering machines, paper cutter, padding press and poly wrapper as required
Makes a continuous quality check throughout operations
Performs kitting or fulfillment functions that involve assembling different materials into open item as per customer specifications
Performs basic shipping and receiving duties
Ability to work in face paced environment
Resume or work profile readily available
Previous experience in a warehouse/distribution center with RF Scanner
Ability to pass pre-screening qualifications
RF Scanner experience
Excellent Benefits Package:
Excellent opportunity to advance
If interested, please send resume to or call:
Since 1984, The Reserves Network continues to partner with the finest employers to provide opportunities within the office, industrial, professional and technical markets. As a family- and veteran-owned company, we focus on candidate experience and workplace culture for the nearly 20,000 employees we place annually.
*NO ELECTRONICS ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES (Cell Phone, IPhone watches, ear bud, etc.)
*No backpacks, no short-shorts, sleeveless shirts, no open toes or sandals
*Designated Smoking Area
Metal Spin Machine Operator 2Nd Shift
We are PENGO, your #1 auger and related wear parts provider. With over 65 years manufacturing augers, we are proud to provide QUALITY, EXPERIENCE and EXCELLENCE in SERVICE. Located in Cokato, MN; we feel people make the difference and we are looking for a few Motivated, Reliable, Energetic candidates to join our Team.
Set up, operate, or tend drilling machines to drill, bore, ream, mill, or countersink metal work pieces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Works from drawings, sketches and instructions to successfully produce required parts
Works under the close direction of supervisor
Uses a variety of tools and equipment such as machine tools, spin lathes, shear, saw, press brake, forming, drilling, punching, burning and related equipment to cut materials to size, shape and form
Checks work as necessary to assure holding prescribed tolerance and to maintain quality standards
Detects defective materials, unusual conditions or operating difficulties for reporting to supervisor
Ensures safe operation of all equipment, tools and processes as well as compliance with safety regulations and keeps work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
Verify conformance of machined work to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and fixed and telescoping gauges.
Study machining instructions, job orders, and blueprints to determine dimensional and finish specifications, sequences of operations, setups, and tooling requirements.
Select and set cutting speeds, feed rates, depths of cuts, and cutting tools according to machining instructions or knowledge of metal properties.
Install tools in spindles.
Change worn cutting tools, using wrenches.
Position and secure workpieces on tables, using bolts, jigs, clamps, shims, or other holding devices.
Move machine controls to lower tools to workpieces and to engage automatic feeds.
Turn valves and direct flow of coolants or cutting oil over cutting areas.
Operate single- or multiple-spindle drill presses to bore holes so that machining operations can be performed on metal or plastic workpieces.
Establish zero reference points on workpieces, such as at the intersections of two edges or over hole locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
Attention to detail
Multi-tasking and organizational skills
Independent Self-Starter/Team Player
General Arithmetic/Basic Algebra/Basic Geometry/Percentages
Ability to distinguish colors
Ability to run powder coat paint system
Ability to spray paint
Inertia Dynamics, a Division of Altra Industrial Motion is seeking a Machine Operator for our location in New Hartford, CT.
Machine Operator will operate and adjust various pieces of equipment to perform any combination of machinery operations. Operator's in this classification are required to read part prints, specifications, and sketches.
They are also required to read operation sheets and method sheets. Operator's are responsible for operating manual equipment such as drill press, auto tapper, rotary deburring, chamfering, etc., as well as other equipment. Other responsibilities include maintaining product quality as per print, operations sheet and/or methods sheet by way of cutting tool adjustments, off set adjustments and/or secondary tooling/fixturing adjustments after being approved by Quality Control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
Maintain production records
Support Preventative Maintenance
Detects and reports defective materials to the department supervisor
Adheres to all safety rules and report questionable conditions to department supervisor
Apply and recommend Lean practices
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be team oriented, understand machining practices, and the proper use of measuring devices. Must be competent in use of small hand tools and standard measuring instruments including by not limited to micrometers, dial indicators, pin/plug gauges, etc. Required to learn and use computer based Quality Control and production systems.
Must be able to read and understand process related documentation. Work in a safe manner observing safety practices.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE CREDENTIALS:
High School education or equivalent
1 year machining experience
Must be able to perform machine shop mathematics and machining procedures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit,twist, squat, overhead reach, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an industrial environment including moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud during some periods.
Not ready to Apply? Please join our Talent Network to receive job alerts at www.jobs.net/jobs/altraindustrialmotion/join
Machine Operator I
Uses a variety of equipment such as forklifts, conveyers, cranes, handcarts, and power trucks to move materials, parts, assemblies and finished products or goods within a plant, office or warehouse.
Responsible for packaging and storing.
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations and Material Handlers are responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product.
This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must attend all monthly scheduled Safety Meetings.
Responsible for checking and refilling head and beard covers.
Unpack filling and put on creel buggies.
Bring required yarn to 2nd floor.
Weigh, track, and recycle waste.
Package cloth, complete packing slips and label boxes, and transport to warehouse for shipping.
Fill blue core buckets.
Perform housekeeping duties as needed in conform/tensor area. Clean wheels on ladders and cloth buggies. Empty trash basket and dispose in compactor.
Perform all other duties of as assigned.
Follow and implement all safety rules, plant rules, department rules.
Participate in Corrective Action Team Program.
Participate in Plant Safety Program.
Report all unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
High School Diploma/ GED or one to two months' related experience and/or training preferred
Good written communication skills
1-2 years' experience preferred
Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
Prior forklift certification preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to read numbers in order to match tickets to corresponding cotton bales and to lay down sequence.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
What is expected of you and others at this level
Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
Adheres to all quality guidelines
Works under moderate degree of supervision
Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Part Time Machine Operator
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Machine Operator - Mixer Operator
Our client is on the northwest side of Grand Rapids. Must have 6 months of industrial experience. Must be able to perform heavy lifting tasks throughout the shift. This is a physically demanding job. Positions involve opening bags of ingredients and dumping into machines.
3:50PM TO 12:00AM
11:50 PM TO 8:00AM
Hours may vary.
*Running a machine
*Packing, line work
*Inspection of bakery products
*Industrial / manufacturing experience
*Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Able to comply with GMP policies
*Pre-employment drug screen and nationwide background check
Experience the Williamson Difference:
*Great Benefits (Health Insurance, Vacation Pay, 401k, Referral Bonus, Weekly Pay, Verizon Discount)
*Locally owned and operated
Celebrating 25 years in business
Williamson Employment Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the assignment of its employees on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status. Discriminating orders will not be honored.
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!